PDA

View Full Version : EB2 with 3 yr degree

fcres
04-21-2009, 12:23 PM
Is it possible to do EB2 with 3 year degree from India? I have got 10 years of experience with the same company.

number30
04-21-2009, 12:45 PM
Is it possible to do EB2 with 3 year degree from India? I have got 10 years of experience with the same company.

In most of the cases USCIS expect a four year single degree for EB2. May be Labor is handled correctly it can get through. In recent year there are lot of rejectection based on this issue.

snathan
04-21-2009, 01:12 PM

Your experience in the current job can not be counted for the GC. So if you are with the same employer for ten years and starting GC with the same employer, your experience will be counted as 0.

fcres
04-21-2009, 01:14 PM
Your experience in the current job can not be counted for the GC. So if you are with the same employer for ten years and starting GC with the same employer, your experience will be counted as 0.

The position will be different but the employer may or may to be. I was wondering about the 3yr degree part.

ETA: But is it necessary to have a different employer? I read the employer can be the same but the position has to be different.

gc28262
04-21-2009, 01:43 PM
As per my understanding, chances of EB2 approval with a 3 year degree is zero.

4 year single source degree is a must for Eb2 category. If you have a post graduate degree for which 3 year degree is a prerequisite, then you may have a chance. Still risky.

It is ok to try as long as you are ready for a 99% denial possibility.

snathan
04-21-2009, 01:47 PM
As per my understanding, chances of EB2 approval with a 3 year degree is zero.

4 year single source degree is a must for Eb2 category. If you have a post graduate degree for which 3 year degree is a prerequisite, then you may have a chance. Still risky.

It is ok to try as long as you are ready for a 99% denial possibility.

Yes...there might be chances if you have any masters. If you have only 3 years degree and expereince, I dont see much chance.

rockstart
04-21-2009, 02:00 PM
The question is how can you prove your 3 years Indian coursework is equal to the 4 year coursework for the same degree in US? In cases where people have 3+2 Masters there is a chance to say these 5 years coursework is equal if not greater than US 4 year BS.

number30
04-21-2009, 02:23 PM
The question is how can you prove your 3 years Indian coursework is equal to the 4 year coursework for the same degree in US? In cases where people have 3+2 Masters there is a chance to say these 5 years coursework is equal if not greater than US 4 year BS.

Not even that. All they ask is single four year degree. Even if 3 year B.S and 2 year Masters from US they are accepting that as single degree.