PDA

View Full Version : PD current - I140 Approved - Same Employer/Different position


desigun
10-27-2011, 10:17 AM
Hi all,

Thanks in advance for all valuable information.

My PD will be current on Nov 01. I 'm working for the same employer, but in a different title than my PERM application. I understand that an employment offer letter for the petitioned position is a requirement to file 485. If at all my employer agrees to provide one, when should i re-join my old position? at the time of filing 485, or when EAD is issued or when the actual GC is issued.

Best,
DG

GC_RAY
01-11-2012, 11:13 AM
I am in the same exact situation now... Did you get any advise or what the option you eventually went for?

Any inputs for the best option for this case either from you or anyone here will highly appreciated...

Thanks so much in advance...

desigun
01-11-2012, 12:39 PM
It's been 2 months since my PD is current, however, i'm not in a position to file 485. Getting an Employee verification letter on the old title is very complicated in the place where i work. My H1B is valid till Feb'13 and my wife's PD is Feb'11 (EB2). I don't know if i can expect any additional jump in EB2 this year!!!

From a career perspective, it will be a hard hit to go back to my old petition, so I'm kind of on the wait & watch situation here.

GC_RAY
01-11-2012, 02:05 PM
First of all...thanks for responding!
Regarding the situation, its really tough and unfortunate thing as we in the first place wait for GC (in yrs) and then , this case about going back to old profile meeting GC position! its for a tough situation to deal with...

Btw, I thought old title verification document is something will be submitted when we file PERM/LCA (first stage of GC).....and not again after few years for I485!

and assuming we file 485 and get GC eventually, not sure what next expectation on going back to old position or continuing for the same employer itself will be good enough.

PD movement wise, no clue as to whether it will move if yes how many months or even end up retro-gating !! Being positive, hoping it would be current or worst case move by 3-4 months next two to three bulletins (just my thinking).