PDA

View Full Version : Experience Letters

sb1982
12-01-2011, 03:50 PM
Dear Frnds,

My company has started my GC Process recently and have got prewailing wages based on my profile. They will be publishing for job very soon.

They asked me to provide experience letters from 3 of my previous employers to accumulate 5 years of experience for EB2. They gave me a format and asked to provide exact same experience in all the letters.

I recently did some research and found out that experience should be progressive. How important is that? Will same experience in all company impact negatively to my application or can it be reason for rejection?

Kindly Help.

Thanks.

mayurcreation
12-01-2011, 04:04 PM
Dear Frnds,

My company has started my GC Process recently and have got prewailing wages based on my profile. They will be publishing for job very soon.

They asked me to provide experience letters from 3 of my previous employers to accumulate 5 years of experience for EB2. They gave me a format and asked to provide exact same experience in all the letters.

I recently did some research and found out that experience should be progressive. How important is that? Will same experience in all company impact negatively to my application or can it be reason for rejection?

Kindly Help.

Thanks.

It is not mandatory/necessary to have progressive job title i.e. Jr. Developer, Developer, Sr. Developer, etc, etc. But you can add additional job duties and responsibilities along with advertise one. The advertise job duties and responsibilities is good to have in all experience letters.

Hope this help.

sb1982
12-01-2011, 04:23 PM
Thanks for your reply. So I think thats what lawyer did. They had all experience letters exact same as advertised job profile. But does it matter if my job duties didnt change for 5 years?

Or would it be considered that I didnt grow in my career?

a_yaja
12-01-2011, 04:34 PM
Dear Frnds,

Kindly Help.

Thanks.

Your experience letter & title must match exactly what is in your labor certificate filing. In my case, I copied and pasted the details from the LC application to the experience letter (ofcourse - also added the usual "to whosoever it concerns," from, etc, etc). One important thing is that you need to make sure that the total number of hours is in the exp. letter as well (might be ok to leave it off of the letter - but some times that may trigger an RFE as well). Other than the above points, I don't really think the title really matters (you can be software developer for all the five years - or you can be Jr. Developer, Mid. Developer, and Sr. Developer, etc).