PDA

View Full Version : Statement of Senator Salzar

immilaw
12-14-2006, 12:28 PM
Here is the satement of Senator Salzar on ICE Action and the Need for CIR

http://salazar.senate.gov/news/releases/061212immg.htm

Jimi_Hendrix
12-14-2006, 12:30 PM
This is what I meant when I said how they are doing random enforcement raids to bring CIR back onto the front burner. Way to go.

immilaw
12-14-2006, 12:42 PM
This is what I meant when I said how they are doing random enforcement raids to bring CIR back onto the front burner. Way to go.

3-4 more big raids like these and CIR will be passed in a jiffy.

anilsal
12-14-2006, 12:49 PM
Are we calling the Senator's office for taking up the cause for CIR?

I presume he is a democrat. Can we request him to take into consideration, skilled immigration?

msyedy
12-14-2006, 12:58 PM
You are 150% right jimi according to me.

rsayed
12-14-2006, 01:00 PM
Here is the satement of Senator Salzar on ICE Action and the Need for CIR

http://salazar.senate.gov/news/releases/061212immg.htm

It is common knowledge that CIR is required - perhaps more visible than the SKIL, since most Senators or Reps are either not that aware or not that concerned, about the Skilled Non-Immigrant community.

Either case - whether it's the CIR that comes to the fore during the 110th congress or the SKIL, it will be advantageous for us.

For now, I guess all we can do is wait for the new congress to step in, in Jan to see what happens.

anilsal
12-14-2006, 01:05 PM
I also think our phone campaign to various lawmakers should continue, considering the fact that Sen.Cornyn's office acknowledging that multiple calls opposing SKIL bill were received the day, we were calling the office.

nk2006
12-14-2006, 01:15 PM
Getting CIR passed (or even bring back to attention) may not be that easy. These types of raids are increasing and many people are thinking that goverment is doing something about an important problem.

Bringing back CIR and passing it will entirely depend on the political moves of the two parties and important players. Any raids and resulting street rallies are not going to do anything. If you want proof just see last years momentum and what happened eventually.

Jimi_Hendrix
12-14-2006, 01:19 PM
Getting CIR passed (or even bring back to attention) may not be that easy. These types of raids are increasing and many people are thinking that goverment is doing something about an important problem.

Bringing back CIR and passing it will entirely depend on the political moves of the two parties and important players. Any raids and resulting street rallies are not going to do anything. If you want proof just see last years momentum and what happened eventually.
This year's political composition was different. Anti-immigrant majority politicians and do-nothing attitude was the cause of inaction.

Next year the political composition is widely acknowledged to be pro immigration. So the results are likely to be different.

Am I missing something here?

immilaw
12-14-2006, 01:37 PM
It was easy last year to not pass the bill. We had a Republican President & Congress and Democrats kept on blaming republicans for not doing anything. I think this time the ball will be in the Democrat's court to pass the CIR and send to the President for signature. They won't be able to blame it on republicans.

ssdtm
12-14-2006, 01:55 PM
Unfortunatley Dems have not shown much zeal which conveys that Immigration Reform is one of their important agenda.

CIR is much more comprehensive and volatile with far reaching impact. It generates lot of heat and polarization. Due to ploitical sensitiveness both parties are not discucussing too much on it.

On the other hand, reforms for highly skilled immigrant are subtle in front of it. That can be done without much political heat, and that should be one of our selling point to senators/congressman. ----Vote yes for the reforms - "It has not much backlash, while delivers strong economic gains to the industry, and humanizes the existing program".

jonty_11
12-14-2006, 01:56 PM
Just called Ken Salazar's office, and made a comment to distinghuish between Illegal and Legals...and our retrogression issue.....again, seems like our cause is not something they know about...

nk2006
12-14-2006, 02:25 PM
Unfortunatley Dems have not shown much zeal which conveys that Immigration Reform is one of their important agenda.

That is my point. House majority leader listed the priorities and immigration is not there. If immigration is not taken up in early-mid '07 it will be difficult to bring it up later – it will be presidential primary season and all candidates will try to position themselves to garner maximum party “base” votes. CIR is controversial to say the least and politicians may skip it to avoid any controversy. Our best bet was SKIL bill; in the new congress it has to be re-introduced and discussed. May not be possible - especially if there is a proposal to bring back CIR. Currently our best bet may be some interim measures during Jan-Feb when appropriation are taken up again (BTW is this right? Does appropriations are extended only until Feb 15th there will be similar bills before that? Can immigration related aspects can be attached to one such if possible).

msyedy
12-14-2006, 03:26 PM
Just making speculations........Stop ..(Yes or No)
Fight should be our motto.

I am with you jansilal but we need to fight. Get our word to senators/House