PDA

View Full Version : How to approach I-485 Situation

12-06-2011, 06:07 PM
Hi all,

My PD is current, lawyers are filing it and looks like it will be filed in next couple of days. My mother is ill, hopefully not in a dire condition, but I would like to go and see her.

I spoke to my lawyers and they said the AP can't be expedited so I am thinking of going to the senator's office to see what they can do. But I don't think I can go without the receipt number, with the holidays coming do you think I will get the receipt number from USCIS before the end of the month. If so then I can go to the senator's office in Jan first week and hopefully get the AP faster. I am in H4 now and have not left the country so no stamping on the passport.

Do you think I will need to take a doctors certificate to the senator's office,will they be able to help, can I go without the receipt number after submission of the application?
The other option is infopass, but I am not sure if they will issue AP.

12-06-2011, 06:09 PM
I don't know but it made two threads. Mods can delete 1 Thread.

snathan
12-06-2011, 06:12 PM
Hi all,

My PD is current, lawyers are filing it and looks like it will be filed in next couple of days. My mother is ill, hopefully not in a dire condition, but I would like to go and see her.

I spoke to my lawyers and they said the AP can't be expedited so I am thinking of going to the senator's office to see what they can do. But I don't think I can go without the receipt number, with the holidays coming do you think I will get the receipt number from USCIS before the end of the month. If so then I can go to the senator's office in Jan first week and hopefully get the AP faster. I am in H4 now and have not left the country so no stamping on the passport.

Do you think I will need to take a doctors certificate to the senator's office,will they be able to help, can I go without the receipt number after submission of the application?

Once you get the receipt, take an info pass for your local USCIS, (go with doctor certificate and) ask for emergency AP. If the situation is not dire, I am not sure if they will give you the temporary AP...they might ask you the flight also.

spartantummala9
12-06-2011, 06:14 PM
I was told that there were scenarios where AP can be expedited in case there is a need for travel outside the country, like in your case where a parent is ill. You may be required to show proof of illness and the medication provided by your mother's family doctor, maybe like a letter from her family doctor.

12-08-2011, 05:16 PM
So if I take an infopass appointment and take doctors letter etc, Do i have to fill out the application and pay the fees again? Also, how long after submitting the application should I take the infopass appointment?

Will i have to do fingerprinting if getting emergency AP

eyeswe
12-08-2011, 10:16 PM
Are you thinking of abandoning H4 status?If not, I think you can go ahead after the 485 is filed and of course get your visa stamped on the way back.. But may be you are thinking of abandoning H4 and hence your question..

Pl correct my understanding if this is wrong i.e. if you are on H visa you can leave the country for temporary trips after the 485 is filed

Hi all,