PDA

View Full Version : 10 year ead/ap based on July VB

swamy
06-08-2009, 08:16 PM
too farfetched? should we pursue it? a 10 year wait at the least given the current quota restrictions..

crazyghoda
06-08-2009, 08:29 PM
Not a bad idea. No need to bring up all the talk (from other threads) about interim GC or whatever. Just a 10 year validity on EADs and APs for retrogressed categories. If nothing, it'll atleast highlight the situation (and save me $340 + $305 = $645 every year)

too farfetched? should we pursue it? a 10 year wait at the least given the current quota restrictions..

Suva
06-08-2009, 11:22 PM
I support it.

browncow
06-08-2009, 11:53 PM
I do not support this.

one, We simply do not want a temporary fix to our big genuine bureaucratic issue. and two, we are not alone, there are others who are filing/have filed labor/i140s and are waiting to file 485s.

also, it will mellow down our resolve to overcome this injustice.
money is really not the issue, as if they issue a 10 year EAD, they are definitely gonna make it that much more expensive, and USCIS cannot delay EAD APs, as that would make our case even stronger.

swamy
06-09-2009, 12:13 AM
this should be pushed simultaneously with delinking 485 filing based on vb so theres some justice to the way gc's are dispensed;

jthomas
06-10-2009, 01:30 PM
we should fax/email letters to lawmakers/senators from every angle. One way of doing this would be drafting a letter with the calculation and a quote " Just for Indians, and chinese nationality for rest of the world = 1year"

We should be attacking in each and every angle so they get used to reading our issues and would come with a solution.
MAKE A NOISE

texanguy
06-10-2009, 01:40 PM
i think you are missing the point. this will put things in perspective, that current stupid and archaic practice of giving 1 year AP to India and China EB folks is outdated and that current delays are more to the tune of 10 + years. This will create awareness!!!

I support this !

I do not support this.

one, We simply do not want a temporary fix to our big genuine bureaucratic issue. and two, we are not alone, there are others who are filing/have filed labor/i140s and are waiting to file 485s.

also, it will mellow down our resolve to overcome this injustice.
money is really not the issue, as if they issue a 10 year EAD, they are definitely gonna make it that much more expensive, and USCIS cannot delay EAD APs, as that would make our case even stronger.

xela
06-10-2009, 01:51 PM
It s been a while since i have said anything here, and mostly because it seems this has become a "everyones racist against indians" and everyone else isnt important kind of talk.

while I understand most here are from India, please refrain from putting the ROW people down and make it sound like we have no wait at all. i ve been here since 2000 and started my green card process in 2003. I m just as frustrated, but I refrain from coming here and telling everyone how ROW should get all the good stuff and the rest can go to ....

:(:confused:

we should fax/email letters to lawmakers/senators from every angle. One way of doing this would be drafting a letter with the calculation and a quote " Just for Indians, and chinese nationality for rest of the world = 1year"

We should be attacking in each and every angle so they get used to reading our issues and would come with a solution.
MAKE A NOISE

gc_dream07
06-10-2009, 01:53 PM
I support this move. If it takes 10 years to get the GC after filing I-485, then we should get 10-year EAD/AP. Why should we pay every year throusands of dollar.

vivid_bharti
06-10-2009, 05:53 PM
USCIS tops any other US public office in these 3 qualities
1. Most greedy
2. Most arrogant
3. Most inefficient
Reason is simple, their customers are mostly non-US citizens. Their prime objective is to earn as much money as they can for the US treasury, if that means 'Screw Immigrants' than let it be, who cares ?
So any positive things like 10 years EAD/AP are dreams which will never come true...We should certainly put our case for 3 years EAD/AP combined document.

psaxena
06-10-2009, 06:37 PM
people say I support it as if they are in the congress committee and the moment they say "I support it", the idea become a bill and gets passed.

I support it.

psaxena
06-10-2009, 06:39 PM
wow thats a news.. as your alias is "vivid" write something "different"(vividh) which we dun know.

USCIS tops any other US pubic office in these 3 qualities
1. Most greedy
2. Most arrogant
3. Most inefficient
Reason is simple, their customers are mostly non-US citizens. Their prime objective is to earn as much money as they can for the US treasury, if that means 'Screw Immigrants' than let it be, who cares ?
So any positive things like 10 years EAD/AP are dreams which will never come true...We should certainly put our case for 3 years EAD/AP combined document.

RattuRani
06-10-2009, 10:34 PM
The USCIS cannot be blamed for the quota mess. That is set by Congress. Now you can legitimately accuse them of sloth and indifference. But not greed. They're not a profit center for the US.

The right place to lobby for change is in Congress. As I've stated in other posts, the appetite doesn't seem to be there right this instant. Maybe if the economy comes roaring back in a couple years, then the political tide will once again turn in favor of reform.

ronhira
06-11-2009, 12:17 AM
Why do people write "I support" or "I oppose". Is there a voting going on here. What does "I support" actually mean? I am just trying to understand. r u guys going to do something more after writing "I support"? Just asking

losthope
06-11-2009, 01:30 AM
I think USCIS should be blamed because all those previous years visa numbers which are lost because they can't adjudicate the cases on time. We invested our time, resource and money for each and every step. We pay social security and taxes to run the economy. Most of us are here in "UNKNOWN" status but we are called resident and spent many many years.
I have mixed feeling on if government/congress is serious about fixing this issue because 10 years doesn't sound very positive.

It looks like immigration issue is hen that give golden egg ($ for the economy) Paper wok, Attorney frees postal fees gov fess etc. Does anyone would like to fix it?

Please share your thought.

1) Will the green card be worth after 10 years?
2) Is there any grantee this mess will be cleared in 10 Years?
3) Is time spent in path to immigration will be joyful and peaceful?
4) The time away from back home Close family and you may have already missed your nearest and dearest family function. your child niece, nephew and other close relative bonding that your had when you'r child and had all this which you may be sacrifice for the path to immigration

Please rethink what important and how to get an attention from the right people

crazyghoda
06-11-2009, 11:06 AM
Now that was some freudian slip :D. Thanks for the early morning humor.

USCIS tops any other US pubic office

jthomas
06-11-2009, 02:26 PM
people say I support it as if they are in the congress committee and the moment they say "I support it", the idea become a bill and gets passed.

Writing letters, requesting the lawmakers for a 10 year EAD due to the retrogression would be a easy task for most of the IV members. This would create awareness and those who are afraid of meeting lawmakers would find a chance to do so. Once it create a momentum the group would be active to work on bigger issues.

Great, if this bill gets passed it gives confidence we can do something. our voice shows strength and then more members would contribute, work on more action items etc..

thats my thought. We have to constantly work on action plans under a good management leader.

J thomas

sj2273
06-11-2009, 03:30 PM
I missed the last rally and I regret it. There was a moment in time when we were all really energized. The flower campaign was brilliant. But now we seem to have lost that fire - me included! I dont even remember my dates anymore. I know we have a serious problem of getting people together for anything. But starting small in our own cities and connecting to a national IV would probably work. I am here in Sterling Heights, MI (Detroit Metro Area) and I am willing to host people in my area It will be great if others in other cities can do that too. I am dre. ming, but think about it if this works. We can march to washigton again such large numbers that everyone will notice. I really think its time to get together and do something. Bouncing ideas on IV boards is great but lets meet and get to know each other and see if can talk about this problem face to face across the country. Thats what grassroot effort it!. If nothing, we will find new friends in each other. I hope to find that fire in us again and I thank you for reading my post!