PDA

View Full Version : Switching to EB2 from Eb3

sunny996
12-28-2011, 03:42 PM
Hello,

I have a BS + 10 years experience. I also completed my Masters in those 10 years (2007).

I got an offer from a startup company that is offering a salary below the current prevailing wage (91K) but with non controlling stock (1%) in the startup.

Will this be an issue doing the I-140 ? The job description requres a Masters degree in computer science / engineering (which I have)

Thanks!

cleopatra
12-28-2011, 04:54 PM
Hello,

I have a BS + 10 years experience. I also completed my Masters in those 10 years (2007).

I got an offer from a startup company that is offering a salary below the current prevailing wage (91K) but with non controlling stock (1%) in the startup.

Will this be an issue doing the I-140 ? The job description requres a Masters degree in computer science / engineering (which I have)

Thanks!

Your pay cannot be less than prevailing wage. So if the company is willing to pay the prevailing wage, then you are good to go. But the wage should be explicitly wage itself and cannot combine stock, bonuses etc.. To meet the pw. Hope this helps.

vegasbaby
12-28-2011, 08:20 PM
Hello,

Thanks!

The current wage you are drawing has nothing to do with your I-140. Remember, GC is future employment.
However, what USCIS does look for is that whether your start-up company has the capability to pay you the prevailing wage in future i.e. once your 485 is approved.

ramaonline
12-29-2011, 01:36 AM
Read this article for more insight into this:

MurthyDotCom : Using On-the-Job Experience in PERM Labor Certifications (http://www.murthy.com/news/n_otjexp.html)