PDA

View Full Version : Feb bulletin out

sdeshpan
01-06-2012, 04:43 PM
EB2-I is 01 JAN 2010 :D:D

Visa Bulletin For February 2012 (http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_5640.html)

shouldIwait
01-06-2012, 04:46 PM
EB2-I is 01 JAN 2010 :D:D

Visa Bulletin For February 2012 (http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_5640.html)

Un-Freakin-Believable !!!

Finally I-AM-CURRENT. Thank You IV !

puding
01-06-2012, 04:48 PM
This is fantastic news for EB3- I.. it moved by a week to 15 Aug 02.. Fabulous new.. Time to celebrate... :):):):D:D:D:):):D:D

gvenkat
01-06-2012, 04:52 PM
1 week for Eb3 and 1 year for Eb2.. Wow. Just wow. :mad:

GC_EternalJourney
01-06-2012, 05:09 PM
A snail can walk much faster than the EB3 category :p

senram
01-06-2012, 05:18 PM
You can change EB2 and get the green card fast. I am sure you are eligible.Always higher education or more experience gets more respect in USA. Nothing Unfair about this

Whoever changed the spillover have the answer for this idocy an eb2 comes to US on 2010 gets his GC but EB-3 guy came to US on Aug 2002 still waiting, what a great immigration system the country who treates everyone equal.

TeddyKoochu
01-06-2012, 05:21 PM
Whoever changed the spillover have the answer for this idocy an eb2 comes to US on 2010 gets his GC but EB-3 guy came to US on Aug 2002 still waiting, what a great immigration system the country who treates everyone equal.

This is actually a mis-conception, Iam quoting one of my older posts for reference. Pre - 2007 basically low hanging fruits were approved category did not make much of a difference as numbers were wasted.

To put it down very simply there are 2 rules a) 7% Country rule b) Category Rule. Prior to 2007 the 7% rule was being applied first so the order would be EB1 - EB2 ROW - EB3 ROW - EB2 I/C - EB3 I/C After 2007 re-interpretation the category rule became higher EB1 - EB2 ROW - EB2 I/C - EB3 ROW - EB3 I/C. If you see the trend in both cases EB3 - I is in the least beneficial position, prior to Jul 2007 labor and 140 were challenges so anyone who would each 485 stage would get approved anyway as numbers used to get wasted. Unfortunately EB3 - I is a victim of the systems and processes being streamlined not the spillover change. The reason why Eb2 I/C are getting spillover is because Eb2 ROW is current, this is the single most important condition. Both EB2 I/C and Eb3 ROW will literally take several years if ever to be current, so the spillover rule change did not alter the EB3 - I situation in anyway. With Eb2 moving faster actually it makes porting more effective as in someone porting gets GC right away (Preadjudicated prior to 2007), this is beneficial to EB3 I as porting reduces the inventory by 3-4K every year. If the spillover rule had stated as it was prior to 2007 Eb2 I/C would have been stuck way back and porting would have been meaningless.

Raj2012
01-06-2012, 05:28 PM
We just moved to a new address. Will we be receiving any document once PD is current?
Can i update change of address now??
what are the steps once pd is current??

Thanks in advance for any response!

namjoshi
01-06-2012, 05:41 PM
My reaction to visa bulletin was .....WTF

Tis is quite Awesome !

ak_2006
01-06-2012, 05:46 PM
After a year, EB2 will be current. Then, this IV may become EB3 Forum. I feel sorry for EB3 specially India.

sunnyr
01-06-2012, 05:49 PM
July 07 to Dec 10 in 4 months :). Congrats to all those who are current.

On a side note I don't think there will be any future movement (possible retrogression) till July when we start seeing the end of the year spillover numbers coming in.

provsri
01-06-2012, 05:51 PM
Good news for people whose EB2 PD is in 2009 .Including me

chanduv23
01-06-2012, 06:09 PM
Awesome for EB2 India. Congratulations to all who became current. I think something needs to be done for eb3 India.

looivy
01-06-2012, 06:12 PM
Wow...now I just have to wait 15 years minus 1 week for my GC to arrive ;)

gk2k2
01-06-2012, 06:17 PM
Teddy,
Why would EB3-I spill over to EB3 ROW and not EB3-I?

psagarn
01-06-2012, 06:21 PM
If anything, this VB proves that the only way forward for those under EB3 category is HR3012. Undeniably, EB3 does not deserve this treatment and something needs to be done. The question is who is going to do it, if not those who are the worst affected lot! Wake up and if you are already awake, make other EB3 folks come out of their slumber, NOW!

I, btw, belong to EB2 with a PD of Mar 2010 but it pains me to the core to see my brethren suffer like this!

floridasun
01-06-2012, 06:23 PM
atleast say a simple prayer for EB-3 folks who are waiting for a decade now and still waiting to get dates current. What a great Immigration system we have in this Great Country !! God help EB-3 :(

gvenkat
01-06-2012, 06:28 PM
Whatever crap it is the system is a screwed up beyond repair. If Hr3012 won't pass, The best way for EB3 folks is to move on to a different job and get the frigg out of Eb3. This is beyond ridiculous. I'm mighty pissed on a friday evening.

pappu
01-06-2012, 07:09 PM
Un-Freakin-Believable !!!

Finally I-AM-CURRENT. Thank You IV !

Great.

Thanks to 2 unsung heroes of IV that helped with some calculations early this week. It enabled us to propose dec 09 date. This is so great for people to file their 485s.

ncrtpMay2004
01-06-2012, 07:48 PM
This is good news for EB2.

Congrats, I know how it feels to wait - I am really happy for all who have their PD current - I am glad - y'all get ready to move on to the next step, next phase of life.

Its precious, work hard and create new possibilities for yourself, open new doors and prosper.

I wish you the very best.

For my EB3 brethren, a word of advise, we need to rejoice in the good fortune of others. There is not much we can control but our thoughts and action, so please consider focusing on yourself. Anger, Jealousy and Envy is not going to help. Check out the page below and use some or all the ideas there.

Learn to Rejoice in the Good Fortune of Others (http://my-personal-growth.com/attitude/learn-to-rejoice-in-the-good-fortune-of-others)

And of course - make sure you tell about HR3012 to at least one person A DAY and get them send letters.

Now that I have did my little part to spread some positive energy (philosophical BS), wishes for me(and other EB3 brethren;) ).......It would be nice if EB3 with PD of 01JAN2005 is treated same as EB2 with PD of 01JAN2010 with respect to getting the spill overs. I know if only wishes where.......:)

gvenkat
01-06-2012, 08:09 PM
This is good news for EB2.

Congrats, I know how it feels to wait - I am really happy for all who have their PD current - I am glad - y'all get ready to move on to the next step, next phase of life.

Its precious, work hard and create new possibilities for yourself, open new doors and prosper.

I wish you the very best.

For my EB3 brethren, a word of advise, we need to rejoice in the good fortune of others. There is not much we can control but our thoughts and action, so please consider focusing on yourself. Anger, Jealousy and Envy is not going to help. Check out the page below and use some or all the ideas there.

Learn to Rejoice in the Good Fortune of Others (http://my-personal-growth.com/attitude/learn-to-rejoice-in-the-good-fortune-of-others)

And of course - make sure you tell about HR3012 to at least one person A DAY and get them send letters.

Now that I have did my little part to spread some positive energy (philosophical BS), wishes for me(and other EB3 brethren;) ).......It would be nice if EB3 with PD of 01JAN2005 is treated same as EB2 with PD of 01JAN2010 with respect to getting the spill overs. I know if only wishes where.......:)

While I appreciate your patience and positive energy. Sometimes venting and cussing out helps. There is no harm in doing that once in a while. At least you get that out of the system. Like I said whatever be the case Hr3012 is our only hope. If not it's better to port to EB2 and move on. The sad thing is I know many EB3's from 02,03 and 04 are almost close to 35 and are afraid of changing the status quo. Either way let's hope for Hr3012 to pass.

whiz
01-06-2012, 09:38 PM
Congrats to all those who are current. Even having a 2yr EAD/AP is way better than the mess of having H1B and going for stamping even when you work as a full time employee and not in EVC model. Very few companies would be ok with their employees on vacation for 40+ days and its so common that this happens these days in US consulates in India.

I feel sorry for the EB3-I/C folks. HR 3012 will ease the pain a bit BUT there will be an over-6 year wait time. I am eagerly waiting for the HR 3012 to pass. I was so pissed with the way ROWers were acting on other sites. The next move has to be visa recapture. I request everyone who got their EAD/APs/GCs to stay in touch in IV and follow all the action items whenever the call comes.

Again, good news on a new year for some of us who are current now. Enjoy the forthcoming FREEDOM!

chikna
01-06-2012, 09:46 PM
Guys EB3-I is dead. I hope HR 3012 passes. Will there be any spill over of visas to EB3-I? Why can't they give spillover of 30,000 to most retrogressed category in the world. Something wrong with legal immigration system.

TeddyKoochu
01-06-2012, 09:50 PM
Teddy,
Why would EB3-I spill over to EB3 ROW and not EB3-I?

According to the current law a country reaching 7% effectively gets capped others can move on. The 7% shackles can be freed only if there are no other claimants in that or higher category then they get the numbers this is the case with EB2-I. Unfortunately by the time it gets to EB3, Eb3 is not current and won't be current anytime soon so EB3-I gets no spillover. HR 3012 will allow the oldest case within the category to get the numbers first basically the 7% rule will go away.

digital2k
01-06-2012, 10:13 PM
Congrats everyone...

Everyone should support HR 3012 and act

People, USA needs now more than ever,

Eliminate Discrimination Based on Country of Birth in 21st Century - HR3012 !

smuggymba
01-07-2012, 12:20 AM
atleast say a simple prayer for EB-3 folks who are waiting for a decade now and still waiting to get dates current. What a great Immigration system we have in this Great Country !! God help EB-3 :(

unfortunately prayer won't help; action will. Situation in EB3 is that bad; just came back from a get together and all we talked is VB. The 2005 EB3 guy wasn't even interested...he already has EAD:D

EB2 would have moved to 01-Jan-2011 instead of 2010 if Infosys, CTS hadn't been applying for analysts and testers as "Global Program Managers":D:D in EB1-C.

floridasun
01-07-2012, 12:33 AM
While I appreciate your patience and positive energy. Sometimes venting and cussing out helps. There is no harm in doing that once in a while. At least you get that out of the system. Like I said whatever be the case Hr3012 is our only hope. If not it's better to port to EB2 and move on. The sad thing is I know many EB3's from 02,03 and 04 are almost close to 35 and are afraid of changing the status quo. Either way let's hope for Hr3012 to pass.

Agreed 100%. Once in a while, venting and being a cry baby helps take off some burden off the mind. also sharing with like minded ppl comforts that you are not alone. Regards to jealousy, envy blah blah, of course a person who waited for close to a decade and potentially wait for 5 more years will be jealous of someone who gets it in less than 5 years overall. EB-3 folks are not sadhu sants they are everyday human beings with reasonable aspirations and goals.

manchala
01-07-2012, 12:46 AM
Thank You Teddy for clarification

so Eb-3 India now became the victim of system hmmmmmmmmmmm.. now what are all it becomes if H.R. 3012 is not law. no one knows.

Why should we say if it not becomes law? Lets work more on it. Participate more contact info@immigrationvoice.org

floridasun
01-07-2012, 01:26 AM
Why should we say if it not becomes law? Lets work more on it. Participate more contact info@immigrationvoice.org

with most ppl on this forum getting excited about their dream come true, I am afraid is the HR 3012 light still on ? Is everyone focusing on EB-2 and leaving HR 3012 to fly freely in air ? I understand Senate does not come back to business till Jan 23 but members' excitement about VB and no questions/updates at all abt the bill is making me nervous. Is our hope on the bill a realistic one or just a "do not disappoint'em" one ? too many questions and too many posts but I am quite depressed tonight and I can tell my weekend is already spoiled :(

fromnaija
01-07-2012, 10:15 AM
If anything, this VB proves that the only way forward for those under EB3 category is HR3012.

No, I do not agree that HR3012 alone will solve anything. It is a delusion! The solution to resolving the backlog for everyone is a combination of:
1. HR3012 or something similar that will remove the country limit
2. An increase in the visa number either by recapturing the wasted numbers, removing spouse and children from the count or removing those with US education from the count,

With HR3012 alone we end up just redistributing or shifting the long line and actually not reducing the length of the line. Enough said!

chikna
01-07-2012, 10:51 AM
It's really depressing to see EB3-I movement. Is this the trend for next 70 years?

smuggymba
01-07-2012, 11:00 AM
It's really depressing to see EB3-I movement. Is this the trend for next 70 years?

tell us something new; you're depressed all the time.

floridasun
01-07-2012, 11:13 AM
tell us something new; you're depressed all the time.

Poor Chikna... if his story is true, it is very sad... I always wonder why he never thought abt doing Masters and porting to faster lane. On a related note, this weekend, I am in the same "depressed" boat as you Chikna :(

gvenkat
01-07-2012, 11:52 AM
No, I do not agree that HR3012 alone will solve anything. It is a delusion! The solution to resolving the backlog for everyone is a combination of:
2. An increase in the visa number either by recapturing the wasted numbers, removing spouse and children from the count or removing those with US education from the count,

With HR3012 alone we end up just redistributing or shifting the long line and actually not reducing the length of the line. Enough said!

Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. HR3012 will make sure that FIFO is followed. Which should have been the way all along.

floridasun
01-07-2012, 12:08 PM

hr 3012 will first level the playing field. what is the real possibility of your point #2 happening in the current political climate ?

tracka
01-07-2012, 07:17 PM
hr 3012 will first level the playing field. what is the real possibility of your point #2 happening in the current political climate ?

On the same note, people keep telling about Hr 3012. But nobody knows the current status of this bill?. Is this bill an abandoned one?. Who is now pushing for this bill?. What happened after Mr Grassley's hold. Did he release or affirmed the hold considering the Presidential election in 2012?. Can any IV admin can comment on current status and is there a hope still left for this bill?

fromnaija
01-07-2012, 10:36 PM
Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. HR3012 will make sure that FIFO is followed. Which should have been the way all along.

Yes, nobody disputes that HR3012, if passed, will level the playing field. Read my post again. My contention is that it will not reduce the length of the queue. Only more visa will do that.

h1techSlave
01-07-2012, 11:00 PM
Great.

Thanks to 2 unsung heroes of IV that helped with some calculations early this week. It enabled us to propose dec 09 date. This is so great for people to file their 485s.

What ever has happened to EB2-I can happen for EB3-I as well.

For EB2-I, USCIS is basically building a pipeline of applications by moving the cut-off dates. Even by keeping the date as Jan 2009, there was enough people to issue this year's quota of green cards, but they moved the dates.

The same logic can work for EB3-I as well. Since the law does not restrict USCIS from moving the cut-off dates, they very well can move the dates to say Jan 2005 for EB3-I as well. They can even issue green cards based on such a cut of date.

My whole take on the EB3-I situation is that; it would be easier to convince USCIS folks than convincing IV core.

dusnt_mata
01-08-2012, 04:57 AM
i understand ur frustration, but i have to say that, you don't have even a slightest idea about what you are talking.

What ever has happened to EB2-I can happen for EB3-I as well.

For EB2-I, USCIS is basically building a pipeline of applications by moving the cut-off dates. Even by keeping the date as Jan 2009, there was enough people to issue this year's quota of green cards, but they moved the dates.

The same logic can work for EB3-I as well. Since the law does not restrict USCIS from moving the cut-off dates, they very well can move the dates to say Jan 2005 for EB3-I as well. They can even issue green cards based on such a cut of date.

My whole take on the EB3-I situation is that; it would be easier to convince USCIS folks than convincing IV core.

sri1309
01-08-2012, 07:46 AM

Toll booths allows 100 cars per hr. At booth 1, there are 1000 cars waiting to pass.
At 2, there are 10 to pass.
The new law allows more from 1 to get into 2, so that waiting gets reduced at 1.
Yes, there will be more delays at 2 now, but as long as its fair enough, then it must be acceptable.
If you can get your GC in 3-4 years, then its fair enough in any line. 6 months or 10 years is ridiculous and will make fun of the system. The system cannot evaluate you for just 6 months, or take as much as 10 years. Its supposed to be fair..
Fair enough?

fromnaija
01-08-2012, 09:02 AM
Toll booths allows 100 cars per hr. At booth 1, there are 1000 cars waiting to pass.
At 2, there are 10 to pass.
The new law allows more from 1 to get into 2, so that waiting gets reduced at 1.
Yes, there will be more delays at 2 now, but as long as its fair enough, then it must be acceptable.
If you can get your GC in 3-4 years, then its fair enough in any line. 6 months or 10 years is ridiculous and will make fun of the system. The system cannot evaluate you for just 6 months, or take as much as 10 years. Its supposed to be fair..
Fair enough?

If HR3012 were to allow EB3 to move to the EB2 lane then your analogy will be appropriate. Using your example of 1000 cars waiting to pass at booth 1. What HR3012 does is to move some cars ahead of others in proper priority day sequence which makes the system fair. Mind you I am about the ONLY EB3-ROW on this forum to first support this notion.
However, to claim that HR3012 will shorten the queue is fraudulent. The real solution to the backlog is to have more visa numbers. That is my contention. I did not say HR3012 was not good and I did not say that I do not want a fairer system.

gvenkat
01-08-2012, 10:03 AM
Even with the toll booth analogy. Let us take the case of urs and mine. I have a date of 2003 and you have a date of 2006. I'm in booth A arrived 3 years well before you and waiting for eternity.

You on the other hand arrived 3 years after me and want to zip past me through booth. So the natural process to alleviate the bottle neck is to take the people who waited before you and put them in the booth.

Fair enough, That was not what u signed up when u decided to zip through the booth "b". until they open other booths like C and D, This is the only way. What this does is not allow some one who arrives at the booth as late as 2008 to zip past you and me.

I'm not trying to win a debate here. But making u understand why HR3012 is possibly the only fair solution available right now.

floridasun
01-08-2012, 10:42 AM
Even with the toll booth analogy. Let us take the case of urs and mine. I have a date of 2003 and you have a date of 2006. I'm in booth A arrived 3 years well before you and waiting for eternity.

You on the other hand arrived 3 years after me and want to zip past me through booth. So the natural process to alleviate the bottle neck is to take the people who waited before you and put them in the booth.

Fair enough, That was not what u signed up when u decided to zip through the booth "b". until they open other booths like C and D, This is the only way. What this does is not allow some one who arrives at the booth as late as 2008 to zip past you and me.

I'm not trying to win a debate here. But making u understand why HR3012 is possibly the only fair solution available right now.

both gvenkat and fornaija - Great job clarifying about HR 3012 ! Although everyone (including US congress) knows it is a fair and no strings attached bill, unfortunately going by the slowing enthusiasm shown by people here, I am scared if this bill will end up like many other such bills of the past. With EB-2 dates moving fast, I am not sure if this bill is going be diligently worked on like before. IV core seems to point to the same reply that Pappu gave on December 18, 2011. I understand they do not want to disclose everything in the public forum but lets face it ... no news at all could be bad news. Sorry :(

eb3retro
01-08-2012, 11:35 AM
Every month for the past one year, USCIS confirms (via EB3 dates) that I took the right decision of moving back to India instead of wasting my career stuck on this freakin screwed up system.

psagarn
01-08-2012, 11:46 AM
However, to claim that HR3012 will shorten the queue is fraudulent. The real solution to the backlog is to have more visa numbers. That is my contention. I did not say HR3012 was not good and I did not say that I do not want a fairer system.
Understand this, HR3012 WILL SHORTEN THE QUEUE. Here is how: your PD under EB3I is prior to the date that is current for EB3 ROW. All the EB3 ROW people that have PD after yours and before the date that is current for EB3 ROW, have GC in hand right now. HR3012, if passed, will make you current before anyone else in ROW gets current. And this effect should trickle down to everyone in EB3 category who are affected by this unfair 7% system. Now, which part of this explanation you do not understand, that is if you want to understand.

chikna
01-08-2012, 11:49 AM
Alright then, I will continue to contribute for HR 3012 effort. I will watch until end of this month. If something positive comes out HR 3012 it's good for me and 225,000 EB3 folks, if not, I will do Masters and port EB3 to EB2. Enough of stress.

amulchandra
01-08-2012, 12:26 PM
both gvenkat and fornaija - Great job clarifying about HR 3012 ! Although everyone (including US congress) knows it is a fair and no strings attached bill, unfortunately going by the slowing enthusiasm shown by people here, I am scared if this bill will end up like many other such bills of the past. With EB-2 dates moving fast, I am not sure if this bill is going be diligently worked on like before. IV core seems to point to the same reply that Pappu gave on December 18, 2011. I understand they do not want to disclose everything in the public forum but lets face it ... no news at all could be bad news. Sorry :(

I understand your frustration but please be patient. Don't spread pessimism. Senate is in recess now and nothing can be done till Jan 23rd which is date they get back into their legislative mode. I am sure IV is doing their best behind the scenes. Even I am extremely depressed seeing the vast abyss between the eb2 and eb3 dates. (Please EB2s don't get me wrong - I am happy for you guys). Hang on tight and we will reach the finish line.

gvenkat
01-08-2012, 03:45 PM
Dude please show your efforts on hr 3012.

Be happy because u have Atleast EAD.

Stop whining.......

Do you know I have not shown efforts? This is the kind of stuff that pisses people off. You are not constrained to read my posts or respond to it.

gvenkat
01-08-2012, 03:48 PM

Boss, Let's face the reality. India EB3 are the only ones suffering. China EB3 and Everyone else get their GC at the maximum of 6-7 years. So how much effort can you expect to garner with 51000 folks. You can only do as much. Hats off to IV for the HR 3012 effort and at this time that is EB3-I's only hope. I really don't want to be bracketed with the Chinese. They get it eventually in 7 years. We do not.

PS : I have donated to IV, Have solicited my friends to be part of IV contribute and all the other good stuff. It's just plain frustrating that is all.

smuggymba
01-08-2012, 07:33 PM
Alright then, I will continue to contribute for HR 3012 effort. I will watch until end of this month. If something positive comes out HR 3012 it's good for me and 225,000 EB3 folks, if not, I will do Masters and port EB3 to EB2. Enough of stress.

Thanks Chikna for agreeing to put in 22 days worth of effort for HR3012. Now the senate majority leader will be under Chikna's pressure to take up the bill as soon as possible.

haramihokie
01-08-2012, 07:43 PM
Guys please don't fight. As the mods have said, keep your focus on 3012.

haramihokie
01-08-2012, 07:45 PM
Thanks Chikna for agreeing to put in 22 days worth of effort for HR3012. Now the senate majority leader will be under Chikna's pressure to take up the bill as soon as possible.

Smuggy good one ! Your use of humor should get everyone's tensions down

smuggymba
01-08-2012, 08:00 PM
Smuggy good one ! Your use of humor should get everyone's tensions down

Mr Chikna - have you heard of a great person by the name Jack Daniels? His invention does great things and will help things to cool off. It's amazing.

and......Watch a good movie - may I suggest "The Next Three Days".

floridasun
01-08-2012, 08:06 PM
Mr Chikna - have you heard of a great person by the name Jack Daniels? His invention does great things and will help things to cool off. It's amazing.

and......Watch a good movie - may I suggest "The Next Three Days".

Haha good one :D . Another movie suggestion "The Shawshank Redemption"

Edison99
01-09-2012, 08:35 AM
I agree!

gcstudent
01-09-2012, 09:49 AM
Difference is, guy in booth B has EZPass.. Yes, I agree its an extra effort to get it but EB3 can switch to EB2 based on experience unless someone is hanging to the same job since 2003!

reddy531
01-09-2012, 12:13 PM
Pardon my ignorance guys...but why are the EB3 guys not porting to EB2 in droves. I understand it means changing a job but isnt that worth it. I know it is not very easy but I dont think it is very difficult either certainly not something you couldnt do in the 4,5 years that you are already waited and the potential 70 years you may be waiting.

I feel I am seriously missing a piece of the puzzle and genuinely interested in getting educated.

gvenkat
01-09-2012, 12:16 PM
Pardon my ignorance guys...but why are the EB3 guys not porting to EB2 in droves. I understand it means changing a job but isnt that worth it. I know it is not very easy but I dont think it is very difficult either certainly not something you couldnt do in the 4,5 years that you are already waited and the potential 70 years you may be waiting.

I feel I am seriously missing a piece of the puzzle and genuinely interested in getting educated.

Yes. It could have been done. But could not do it due to various reasons. Now it seems like that is the only option if you want to get a GC in a reasonable amount of time.

haramihokie
01-09-2012, 12:39 PM

Not that easy for everyone - There are a lot of companies who do not file a second PERM application and changing jobs is also not allowed. Additionally, there is a possibility of getting a RFE because your employer has to make the case that the role has sufficiently expanded to have an EB-2

bpratap
01-09-2012, 01:32 PM
Not that easy for everyone - There are a lot of companies who do not file a second PERM application and changing jobs is also not allowed. Additionally, there is a possibility of getting a RFE because your employer has to make the case that the role has sufficiently expanded to have an EB-2

Good / Better news is. Good number of cos are now ready to do a 2nd Labor to port to EB2. Until a year back cos are not ready to do that. Now they realize that's a less riskier option as the employee already have an approved Labor & I-140. and also its better for Cos to do EB2 and get over with Immigration related documentation for an employee, than maintaining your H1 documentation and dealing with immigration hassles for ages.

Talk to your HR/ Lawyer if they can do it. Shouldn't be like you didn't ask for it

vijay_aswani
01-09-2012, 02:21 PM
Lol, I just watched this movie "The Next three Days" last night :-).

vijay_aswani
01-09-2012, 02:57 PM
Lol, I just watched this movie "The Next three Days" last night :-).

Sorry, this post above was in reply to an earlier post by someone stating to watch the movie "The Next three Days".

I tried to delete this post, but am unable to delete it.

digital2k
01-09-2012, 03:29 PM
Please act NOW Everyone
Eliminate Discrimination Based on Country of Birth in 21st Century - HR3012 !
Boss, Let's face the reality. India EB3 are the only ones suffering. China EB3 and Everyone else get their GC at the maximum of 6-7 years. So how much effort can you expect to garner with 51000 folks. You can only do as much. Hats off to IV for the HR 3012 effort and at this time that is EB3-I's only hope. I really don't want to be bracketed with the Chinese. They get it eventually in 7 years. We do not.

PS : I have donated to IV, Have solicited my friends to be part of IV contribute and all the other good stuff. It's just plain frustrating that is all.

Thanks for your efforts, keep it up ...

Suva
01-09-2012, 05:25 PM
I have one question. Why the spillover rule is like EB1-EB2ROW-EB2(I/C)-EB3ROW-EB3(I/C)? It should be like EB1-EB2-EB3 irrespective of any country. AC21 doesn't say that 7% rule is applicable to spillover visas. Instead 7% rule is only applicable to normal quota of EB1/EB2/EB4 categories which is 40000 per category. Then why USCIS would allocate spillover visas from EB1/EB2 to EB3ROW first instead of FIFO based EB3 applicants. If USCIS is incorrect in this respect then I think we should fight for this.

Check the AC21 spillover rule here. Check SECTION 104-a.

Analysis of S. 2045, American Competitiveness in the 21st Century Act (http://www.vkblaw.com/news/sixhundredninetyfive.htm)

Thanks

This is actually a mis-conception, Iam quoting one of my older posts for reference. Pre - 2007 basically low hanging fruits were approved category did not make much of a difference as numbers were wasted.

To put it down very simply there are 2 rules a) 7% Country rule b) Category Rule. Prior to 2007 the 7% rule was being applied first so the order would be EB1 - EB2 ROW - EB3 ROW - EB2 I/C - EB3 I/C After 2007 re-interpretation the category rule became higher EB1 - EB2 ROW - EB2 I/C - EB3 ROW - EB3 I/C. If you see the trend in both cases EB3 - I is in the least beneficial position, prior to Jul 2007 labor and 140 were challenges so anyone who would each 485 stage would get approved anyway as numbers used to get wasted. Unfortunately EB3 - I is a victim of the systems and processes being streamlined not the spillover change. The reason why Eb2 I/C are getting spillover is because Eb2 ROW is current, this is the single most important condition. Both EB2 I/C and Eb3 ROW will literally take several years if ever to be current, so the spillover rule change did not alter the EB3 - I situation in anyway. With Eb2 moving faster actually it makes porting more effective as in someone porting gets GC right away (Preadjudicated prior to 2007), this is beneficial to EB3 I as porting reduces the inventory by 3-4K every year. If the spillover rule had stated as it was prior to 2007 Eb2 I/C would have been stuck way back and porting would have been meaningless.

GCBy3000
01-09-2012, 07:31 PM
http://www.travel.state.gov/pdf/EmploymentDemandUsedForCutOffDates.pdf

This does not make sense to me. The demand data says only handful of EB2 applications are pending inline for Inida till date. Am I reading it right?

GCBy3000
01-09-2012, 07:34 PM
The EAD renewal documents and attorney fees and GC pain. Paid $1700 in total to renew my EAD and my wife's EAD today. Every year paying $1000 for AP. Money is one factor, but the documentation and applying for it is another pain.

Yes, can convert to EB2, but not feeling to go through the pain. Happy so far with EAD and hope someday I will get my GC.

chikna
01-09-2012, 09:47 PM
Majority (99%) of members and donors here are from EB2 category. Sometime during 2013, EB2 will be current. Can IV survive without donation? I am not sure as to what happened to EB3 folks. I have been repeatedly mentioned in the past that only 10% are actively involved in HR 3012. Aren't they afraid of this rotten immigration system?