PDA

View Full Version : Schedule A Advice...

PhysicianAssistant
01-05-2007, 11:07 AM
Is this a bad time to be a nurse? Is it still wise to pursue a nursing degreee and become an RN or should one do the exact opposite in light of the current happenings?

nozerd
01-05-2007, 11:12 AM
RN's still have a great career ahead of them. The demand will only go up. Logically spomething special for nurses should be coming in soon.

However if you are planning to do Nursing solely to get a green card then you should think otherwise.

immi2006
01-05-2007, 11:15 AM
Do not get me wrong..

U must decide to be what you want in life, and not be influenced by Green Card. Green Card is not a noble prize, it is a peice of paper with a golden stamp :-) it is immaterial in long run, except giving u residential rights and free to move around with job pursuits.

U need to focus on what you want to be in life, if ur planning to be a nurse just to get a Green Card, I think it is a stupid idea. You need to identify what you want to be in career, and then see if that would enable you to come here and seek a better life IMHO.

After all - if you see India and CHina, the boom is so much in 10 years, life will be different in Asia, and perhaps better, the only affecting factors today are
1. Pollution
2. COst of living,
this will get adjusted over time...

THanks,

PhysicianAssistant
01-05-2007, 11:22 AM
Nursing would be a stepping stone....as F-1 in this country there are so many barriers....with a green card one could qualify for financial aid / scholarships and pursure many careers and open doors that would be otherwise SHUT ( easier to get into dental, medical school.....will get scholarships...etc).. There is an interest in health care and nursing just might be that stepping stone/foundation for greater things to come but with the current trends....could be very disastrous...seeing as nurses don't even qualify for H1-B.....:eek:

go_guy123
01-05-2007, 12:05 PM
[QUOTE= with the current trends....could be very disastrous...seeing as nurses don't even qualify for H1-B.....:eek:[/QUOTE]

Actually that is a boon for Nurses that they dont qualify for H1B...
The corporate lobby has no other choice but to lobby for their green card
like they did in 2004.

Had H1B not been there for software engineer they would have lobbied for green card for Software Engr. !!!!!

masti_Gai
01-05-2007, 04:12 PM
Nurses and Physiotherapists have a different quota for Green Cards...
Am i right or wrong???

abcdefgh
01-05-2007, 04:37 PM
It used to be different quota until Nov 2006. It is not anymore. They are in EB3 right now until congress approval.

Hi all, Kindly contribute to IV campaign for retro relief, so that none of us will have to worry about this quota.

Thanks all

masti_Gai
01-05-2007, 04:41 PM
You mean regardless of how many years experience they have they will be treated as EB3. Thatz weird and much more competition for EB3 now:(

PhysicianAssistant
01-10-2007, 08:13 PM
Actually that is a boon for Nurses that they dont qualify for H1B...
The corporate lobby has no other choice but to lobby for their green card
like they did in 2004.

Had H1B not been there for software engineer they would have lobbied for green card for Software Engr. !!!!!

It is a boon in a sense and in another sense it's EXTREMELY grim...b/c if one finishes from nursing school and does OPT for a year and their I-140 is approved and there are still no visa numbers available for AOS - then what do you do? is there still a way to keep working or get EAD even though you haven't applied for I-485?
-if you go back to school F-1 - you loose your chances of getting GC
-nurses don't qualify for H-1B
so that doesn't really leave too many options, hmmmm

PhysicianAssistant
01-12-2007, 12:02 PM
Schedule A doesn't even exist now..... how pathetic.....