PDA

View Full Version : I-485 pending and jobless.. how long?

backtoschool
01-05-2007, 05:21 PM
All,
I had posted some queries previously and thanks to all who took time to respond.

As I had said before , I have an admission to study for my MBA outside US for one year. Here is the latest update:
I was thinking I will get a one year leave abscence from my employer ( advt on the website), but apparently they dont support studies as part of the deal.

So i am out of luck;
Considering my situation what do you gurus recommend.
How can I leave US yet maintain my GC process.
My I-140 is approved

Situation:
Spouse in school Full time Studies on I-485 pending. ( entered on F1 then converted to I485..... so going back to F1 is impossible)..
I want her status to be preserved.

My thought:

Resign from my company when I need to leave. Convince them that I will return. Maintain no ties with the company for one year..basically can be compared to being jobless for one year.

and then get a letter that a future similar job will be available with the same Co. ( that sponsored my GC)...

Is this feasible ./practical?

backtoschool
01-05-2007, 08:36 PM
Anyone?>
My dear mates?

anurakt
01-05-2007, 09:21 PM
My personal suggestion : It's your personel descision, I think nobody on this forum can tell you anything in this matter. You are not in a soup like us. It's just you want to get all things in life at the same time without sacrificing anything ..... This may not work sir, to get you need to give. :)