PDA

View Full Version : car deal - gone rogue

sac-r-ten
05-09-2012, 08:18 AM
Friends, just wanted some advice/tips on this.
I went to a car dealership on last saturday (5/5) , they didn't had the color/trim i wanted. we agreed on $470-$480/month for 75months and i gave a initial on that paper. they said the car would be there on monday.
Well they didn't get the car on monday, on tuesday they got the car, but they said they can't do 75month, but 72month since the bank says the credit score is not good to go for 75months.

We had lotsa of discussion, they giving me all kind of crap and even forcing for leasing $399/month for 36month. i said i'll talk to friends and come back on the leasing deal, but towards the end i ask for the $500 deposit that i gave them on saturday. He said he'll talk to the bank again today (5/9) and if they can manage that payment range under $480 then i am obligated to buy the vehicle from them according to state law.
With all these emotional forcing, i am not interested in dealing with this car dealer.

questions,
1. Can they degrade the vehicle in someway and sell it to me?
2. can they sue me if i decline to buy?

thank you

dealguy007
05-09-2012, 08:53 AM
I am sure you are the boss in California,i dono about other states. which state are you in.
In general, you can decline their offer on Monday itself as they were not able to deliver the vehicle on that day.

sac-r-ten
05-09-2012, 09:01 AM
Thanks, that make me feel a little better. I am in NC.