PDA

View Full Version : Confused about PERM application

sachuin23
08-07-2009, 07:37 PM
Hi All,

I was working with a company as an intern (June 2008 -Nov 2008) and they offered me a full time position position starting Jan 2009. The minimum requirement for the job that was offered to me is MS degree in Computer Science. When I was offered job, I had completed all my course work for Master degree and had to just defend my thesis.But later on I changed to MS Non thesis and graduated in May 2009 on the basis of course work I had completed in Nov 2008. I had also obtained my post completion OPT based on completion of course work that I had completed in NOV. At present, I am working with my company on Post completion OPT and have my H1B approved.

Now my company is applying for my Green card and I am confused if my delay in graduation is going to affect my catagory of application for Green Card (EB2 or EB3) ?

kondur_007
08-08-2009, 02:08 PM
I think you will be just fine. Your case is much more straight forward than many others.
There is no doubt that the job requires MS and you have MS (you need to have it when PERM is filed, and it appears that you are just starting the PERM)...So file EB2.
I do not see any problem with this.
Good Luck.

sachuin23
08-09-2009, 01:24 AM
Thanks for your reply.