PDA

View Full Version : Kforce -Eb3 to Eb2 Porting

Svee
06-26-2012, 01:15 AM
Hi guys,

I am getting a decent offer with Kforce & they are ready to port to EB2. Project would last 1 year & they promise to find me one when it ends. My current status EB3 -EAD.

Has anyone/any of your friend done porting via Kforce? How strong are they? What is their success track record? Any redflags/issues that i should be aware of?

TIA

Gandhi_II
06-26-2012, 01:21 AM
I'm curious about kforce as well. Do they file PERMs promptly? Do they have a minimum contract period?

bsbawa10
06-26-2012, 03:48 AM
Be very careful and get more feedback before you proceed, I have joined a new company (not Kforce) with tons of promises of filing my gc in EB2. Now it has been 2 and a half months and nobody is doing anything. The HR manager moves so slow. After about 30 emails she has now created job description which has not yet been finalized. I tried to reach out my manager many times also but he just pings her with no/little results. I am so frustrated right now because I left my higher paying job and still have no end to my woes.

Svee
06-26-2012, 09:18 AM
Where/How do i get more feedback? via References? I tried googling around, but not much luck.

joe_blr
06-26-2012, 11:48 AM
if you have friends working there with strong recommendation that would be the best bet. The problem with corprate style of consulting companies(like you mentioned) or India based company (like birlasoft ) , the sugar coated words and confirmation e-mail for GC filing only last till you join, untill unless there is too much pressure from your manager/director the file will stuck with some one or other. Years will pass in flick of a time in all these fictitious red tape in hr and leagal

joe_blr
06-26-2012, 11:54 AM
Be very careful and get more feedback before you proceed, I have joined a new company (not Kforce) with tons of promises of filing my gc in EB2. Now it has been 2 and a half months and nobody is doing anything. The HR manager moves so slow. After about 30 emails she has now created job description which has not yet been finalized. I tried to reach out my manager many times also but he just pings her with no/little results. I am so frustrated right now because I left my higher paying job and still have no end to my woes.

I am exactly in same boat....I feel ashamed of myself.:o

simple.life
06-26-2012, 12:23 PM
Get everything in writing including when they will file your paperwork. if they are hesitant in doing so then you know that they are not sincere about it.

ColdStone55
06-26-2012, 12:53 PM
I am exactly in same boat....I feel ashamed of myself.:o
I am in the same boat, and seems it's a crowded boat. Nothing to be ashamed, just be wary of people's motive and act accordingly.
For me, I kicked their behind, yelled and bitched enough to get my PERM filed withing 4 months and had to yell again to get my I140 in. They balked on premium processing and once my I140 was approved, and applied for interfiling. I got screwed again, this time by USCIS, as they shut down the shop for 1/2 years. I know how you feel, I felt like my employer and USCIS are working in tandem to destroy my career. Man, I couldn't sleep for a week.
Here are the lessons:
> You and your employer (consultant) have cross purposes, so his interest lies in NOT filing/ delaying for your GC. Always believe that unless you have proof otherwise.
> You have all the power before applying PERM, don't be afraid to use it. Tell your employer if PERM not filed by so and so date, other contractor is more than happy to file it.
> You lose power between after PERM and before interfiling, as now you are half way in and it'll be costly to pull out and reapply with another company again,so you most likely will suck it up. Be swift between these two stages and try if you can, to deal with lawyer by yourself.
> If you can afford it, try getting a permanent job with a company, you won't regret being in for a few years while your GC processes.
> Don't be afraid to raise your voice, kick some a$$, as job market is red hot and GOD KNOWS these people deserve it.

h1techSlave
06-26-2012, 01:15 PM
Any one has experience with Eb3 --> Eb2 conversion with Dell?

With big companies these things are much more formal and there won't be any one for you to yell at.

seahawks
06-26-2012, 02:13 PM
I don't have experience with K-Force, but I have experience working with similar firms.

1. Everything is good as long as they have projects for you, if they lose a client and there are many who are consulting, they normally are quick to give 2 weeks notice.
2. They normally don't give anything in writing unless they are negotiated and documented. Even when you get it in writing, they always put a clause as what their attorneys advice rather than work with you.
3. The person hiring you normally don't have the visibility of all the latest immigration policies or what category you will call into, they will always refer you to their immigration department or legal counsel. That is a group which is normally highly bureaucratic and you don't get clear answers or anything done on time. The biggest problem I feel is this, where you don't get direct access with the immigration/attorney for your company and have to jump a lot of hoops to get things done.
4. Consulting firms in general would support the process, but they incur costs to do this, so they normally don't start things right away until you have brought in an income say 6 months to 1 year, so they normally include that verbiage in or do everything possible to reach that point.
5. Eventually it is your case and you being persistent to make things happens. You almost lose all your carrot and sticks once you take up the offer. You need to figure out how keep them interested in keeping you happy.
6. Many times, the client if they like you, will look for converting you to a full time employee at which time you will have to start the process again.
7. They will find projects in any place regardless of your preference and you normally live out of a suitcase:).

Having said all of this, I enjoyed working as a consultant and have gone though a lot of negatives, but the positives are you don't have to be involved in lot of performance reviews and all of the other standard office politics that you can steer clear off, I feel in the quest of a green card and the wait times, finding a company who is willing to support you and partner with you through the long haul is the key regardless of it is a consulting company or a non consulting one.

Lastly as another member posted, get everything in writing, that is the most critical piece in this whole equation.

anu_t
06-26-2012, 02:38 PM
1 year project only? In this economy I wouldn't do it. I would stick with the same company for a while.

bsbawa10
06-27-2012, 03:07 AM
Get everything in writing including when they will file your paperwork. if they are hesitant in doing so then you know that they are not sincere about it.

I got everything in writing excepting the "when" part. Now HR manager has liberty to do in "whenever". It is so sick. Looks like HR has no accountability for not doing their jobs.

RKG2010
06-27-2012, 03:45 PM
Hi Svee, I am with Kforce now and started my PERM to do EB3-EB2 porting. If the offer is good, please go ahead and join, they filed for me after 5 months of join date....Good Luck!