PDA

View Full Version : Jan Visa bulletin

samuelA
12-11-2012, 02:34 PM
Jan Visa bulletin just released -

Visa Bulletin For January 2013 (http://travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_5834.html)

samuelA
12-11-2012, 02:43 PM
does any1 have any estimate on why its not progressing and when will it progress past July 2007 2008 ?

a rough estimate

samuelA
12-11-2012, 03:49 PM
what about the spillover ?

gcharry
12-11-2012, 04:09 PM
USCIS Has Just Commenced a Process Seeking White House Approval for H-4 Employment Authorization Proposed Rule!

Guys, Will this be approved?

SGP
12-11-2012, 04:24 PM
Hello, MY PD is Nov 8, 2002, so my question is ..... Am I eligible to file for I-485? OR have I to wait till next bulletin? I have read somewhere that the cut off date has to surpass the Priority date.

Thanks.

bpratap
12-11-2012, 04:33 PM
Yes, you are eligible to apply I-485.

Juz curious, why do you have two I-140 approved ? did you switch cos after I-140 was approved ?

Hello, MY PD is Nov 8, 2002, so my question is ..... Am I eligible to file for I-485? OR have I to wait till next bulletin? I have read somewhere that the cut off date has to surpass the Priority date.

Thanks.

SGP
12-11-2012, 04:39 PM
Yes, you are eligible to apply I-485.

Juz curious, why do you have two I-140 approved ? did you switch cos after I-140 was approved ?

Thanks for your quick response bpratap. Are you sure about this? If so, then I am one step closer to freedom.
Now to answer your question : Yes, I switched companies after I-140 was approved from company A, so had to get a new I-140 from my new company B. As I could not apply for I-485 and have it pending for more than 180 days so could did not have EAD & not use AC21.

shreekhand
12-11-2012, 06:17 PM

Thanks.

Sorry to put cold water, but you are not eligible for filing I-485 with the Jan 2012 bulletin. One's date has to be earlier than the published date.

Why don't you read Part A of the bulletin before asking a question?

Goodintentions
12-11-2012, 07:02 PM
Dear All,

Though I have been following the bulletins closely, I am submitting this post after a very long time. This is because I feel that I need to recall what I have said quite some time back. Though I am a GC holder at present, I truly understand the pain of unreasonable wait times

About 2 years back, when I visited the local Congressman's office, I was given to understand that several representations were made by GC applicants exposing the backdoor EB1 strategy followed by Indian companies. Immediately, I also drafted a letter and posted the same to the local Congressman, the Senators of my State, Immigation related House Members and the President. I also sent the draft to several of my personal friends and pleaded with them to take the time to POST (not email) the letters to people who matter.

While I am not trying to claim any credit, I wish to state that it was at that time the USCIS applied a "Safety lock" on EB1 and started cracking on several thousand EB1 applications. This resulted in a good spillover (about 12000 - 15000 or so - kindly correct me if I am wrong) and several EB2 applicants were the beneficiaries. This is a fact.

I have recently come across several employees from Indian IT companies who, with very few years of experience have been able to work around the system with the support of their companies. In short, this is an unfair practice.

While taking up bills etc are indeed Herculean tasks, it is upto us to expose such unfair practices to the authorities, in our own interest. If all of us write, then the authorities will sit up and crack. This is relatively easy. Hope most of you would agree.No one will help us. We have to help ourselves.

Spending a couple of hours could save a couple of years. The visual impact of thousands of signed letters is really powerful. That is why I would request one and all, to print, sign and post the letters. This is a sincere suggestion in the interest of the EB2 community. While I am really sorry for EB3, atleast EB2 can be benefited. If interested, please contact me at goodintentions123@hotmail.com. I can send you the draft which I have prepared.

I wish the community Happy Holidays and a Merry Christmas to all who celebrate!

Best wishes!

SGP
12-11-2012, 07:40 PM
Sorry to put cold water, but you are not eligible for filing I-485 with the Jan 2012 bulletin. One's date has to be earlier than the published date.

Why don't you read Part A of the bulletin before asking a question?

I guess I got too exited. Sorry :(

deecha
12-11-2012, 07:42 PM
I am all for this !

Dear All,

Though I have been following the bulletins closely, I am submitting this post after a very long time. This is because I feel that I need to recall what I have said quite some time back. Though I am a GC holder at present, I truly understand the pain of unreasonable wait times

About 2 years back, when I visited the local Congressman's office, I was given to understand that several representations were made by GC applicants exposing the backdoor EB1 strategy followed by Indian companies. Immediately, I also drafted a letter and posted the same to the local Congressman, the Senators of my State, Immigation related House Members and the President. I also sent the draft to several of my personal friends and pleaded with them to take the time to POST (not email) the letters to people who matter.

While I am not trying to claim any credit, I wish to state that it was at that time the USCIS applied a "Safety lock" on EB1 and started cracking on several thousand EB1 applications. This resulted in a good spillover (about 12000 - 15000 or so - kindly correct me if I am wrong) and several EB2 applicants were the beneficiaries. This is a fact.

I have recently come across several employees from Indian IT companies who, with very few years of experience have been able to work around the system with the support of their companies. In short, this is an unfair practice.

While taking up bills etc are indeed Herculean tasks, it is upto us to expose such unfair practices to the authorities, in our own interest. If all of us write, then the authorities will sit up and crack. This is relatively easy. Hope most of you would agree.No one will help us. We have to help ourselves.

Spending a couple of hours could save a couple of years. The visual impact of thousands of signed letters is really powerful. That is why I would request one and all, to print, sign and post the letters. This is a sincere suggestion in the interest of the EB2 community. While I am really sorry for EB3, atleast EB2 can be benefited. If interested, please contact me at goodintentions123@hotmail.com. I can send you the draft which I have prepared.

Best wishes!

thomachan72
12-11-2012, 07:58 PM
Post the letter here.

sircaustic
12-11-2012, 10:57 PM
They took out the "visa" projections for the upcoming months...is it just me being over optimistic, or could this be a sign that there might be a spillover happening next month that USCIS does not want to disclose yet?

deecha
12-12-2012, 01:55 AM
No point "predicting" anything because the sheer number of demand from India is overwhelming the system. EB1C demand is probably stopping any spillover but that is just a guess.
They took out the "visa" projections for the upcoming months...is it just me being over optimistic, or could this be a sign that there might be a spillover happening next month that USCIS does not want to disclose yet?

CKR
12-12-2012, 07:11 AM

we (Including me) cannot live our normal lives without this "optimism". That is perfectly acceptable. But the truth seems to point otherwise. Just wait for the total Portings and Spillover data to come out.

sunil9911
12-12-2012, 07:25 AM
I am all for this !
I think we need to do same thing about purchased labors, there are several people who came to US very lately and bought the older labors from the employes and filed 1-485. This is not fair as well. USCIS has to see the US entry dates before they issue GCs for this type of cases.

RohitSharma
12-12-2012, 08:11 AM
'Purchased' labor thing is gone long back, but yes, it did do a lot of harm, 1000's purchased labors and got green cards ahead of people who were waiting. I think we need to do same thing about purchased labors, there are several people who came to US very lately and bought the older labors from the employes and filed 1-485. This is not fair as well. USCIS has to see the US entry dates before they issue GCs for this type of cases.

imh1b
12-12-2012, 08:39 AM
Why were you guys quiet about labors then?
You all were trying desperately for it. If you got it, you would have taken it rather than reject it in moral grounds. Same for EB1C. If today you get it, will you refuse it? So stop crying fraud for everything you cannot get and focus on constructive things that help everyone.

TeddyKoochu
12-12-2012, 08:39 AM

Thanks.

SGP my friend congratulations on finally coming so close I can fully understand your feelings. You will have to wait for 1 more month buddy this is from the VB - "Only applicants who have a priority date earlier than the cut-off date may be allotted a number.". All the best and start the preparations for filing for 485 so that you can file on 1st Feb sometimes things like birth certificate etc can take time.

imh1b
12-12-2012, 08:42 AM
I am all for this !

How about those who are blaming others getting greencard as fraud open their applications for scrutiny. Let's advertise see if any other person is available to do your job. And if it is selected will you be willing to withdraw your application?

hpandey
12-12-2012, 10:04 AM
I think we need to do same thing about purchased labors, there are several people who came to US very lately and bought the older labors from the employes and filed 1-485. This is not fair as well. USCIS has to see the US entry dates before they issue GCs for this type of cases.

Man understand the GC process before throwing out blame... the purchased labor practice was stopped by USCIS years back. It doesn't happen anymore... try to find real problems and realistic solutions .

insbaby
12-12-2012, 11:17 AM
Dear All,

Best wishes!

EB1 abuse is at a higher state now under "Multinational Managers" category!

SGP
12-12-2012, 03:07 PM
SGP my friend congratulations on finally coming so close I can fully understand your feelings. You will have to wait for 1 more month buddy this is from the VB - "Only applicants who have a priority date earlier than the cut-off date may be allotted a number.". All the best and start the preparations for filing for 485 so that you can file on 1st Feb sometimes things like birth certificate etc can take time.

Thanks a ton for your reply Teddy. I also spoke to the attorney and they say that I am eligible to file on Jan 1, 2013. I have all documents in place except for the Medical, which I am getting done. Any helpful hints on how to handle this? I know all we Indians test +ive for TB. One of the civil surgeon said that if you test +ive then they have to send for x-ray & stuff. Is this true? How long would all this take?

hpandey
12-12-2012, 03:07 PM
EB1 abuse is at a higher state now under "Multinational Managers" category!

That is very much true... "Everyone" is a Multinational manager now a days.

bailoor
12-12-2012, 03:59 PM
My labor was applied in 2002 under EB3 category. I am in US for more than 12+ years still waiting for GC.

So far, I have applied 3 - 4 advance parole document.

Last month, while coming from my India trip, the officials checked my AP document twice I boarded the flight.

The passenger who sat next to me asked me what was the officials were checking ? .

He looked like FOB ( Fresh off the boat) , so I told him about the Advance Parole , EAD etc.

Just for the curiosity, I checked back his VISA status. He reverted with proudness that he is GC holder.

He completed just 1 year in US. His company applied GC under the EB1 category ( Multinational Manager) and he got it within 5 months. His communication looked like fresher(1 or 2+ yrs experience) , but he was confident that he will get Citizenship in next 5 yrs.

I was very shattered that after been in this country for 12+ with all the skillset, still waiting in line to get the GC.....

Instead of blaming the system, I felt blaming my fate / karma !!!.

insbaby
12-12-2012, 04:23 PM
That is very much true... "Everyone" is a Multinational manager now a days.

I started believing that God has a master plan!

Knock the other door!

Goodintentions
12-12-2012, 04:47 PM
Dear All,

Best wishes!

===========================

Thanks to all who took the pains to mail me. I have sent the draft mails to all of them, with my humble personal note (my 2 cents)..If interested kindly mail me.....Best of luck!

Goodintentions
12-12-2012, 06:16 PM
My labor was applied in 2002 under EB3 category. I am in US for more than 12+ years still waiting for GC.

So far, I have applied 3 - 4 advance parole document.

Last month, while coming from my India trip, the officials checked my AP document twice I boarded the flight.

The passenger who sat next to me asked me what was the officials were checking ? .

He looked like FOB ( Fresh off the boat) , so I told him about the Advance Parole , EAD etc.

Just for the curiosity, I checked back his VISA status. He reverted with proudness that he is GC holder.

He completed just 1 year in US. His company applied GC under the EB1 category ( Multinational Manager) and he got it within 5 months. His communication looked like fresher(1 or 2+ yrs experience) , but he was confident that he will get Citizenship in next 5 yrs.

I was very shattered that after been in this country for 12+ with all the skillset, still waiting in line to get the GC.....

Instead of blaming the system, I felt blaming my fate / karma !!!.
================

I have also faced a similar situation not once, but several times. It was humiliating. Due to the nature of my job, I had to make several trips every year to EU and several other countries. While I did not face any problem while entering the USA, I had to answer a lot of questions before boardng the plane.

I just have only one request. Never give up! Do not expect others to join you. Just do whatever you can from your side. Apart from my humble contributions to IV, I must have visited my Congressman's ofice atleast 30 times in 2 years, each time with a letter for personal submission. I also wrote nearly 400 signed and printed letters to several authorities explaining the plight of law abiding immigrants. Many of my friends laughed at me, but that did not dampen my resolve. I am not a leader. But I am certainly MY OWN Master. If thousands of people write, how will the authorities not consider the issue seriously?

Best wishes!

thomachan72
12-12-2012, 07:36 PM
================

I have also faced a similar situation not once, but several times. It was humiliating. Due to the nature of my job, I had to make several trips every year to EU and several other countries. While I did not face any problem while entering the USA, I had to answer a lot of questions before boardng the plane.

I just have only one request. Never give up! Do not expect others to join you. Just do whatever you can from your side. Apart from my humble contributions to IV, I must have visited my Congressman's ofice atleast 30 times in 2 years, each time with a letter for personal submission. I also wrote nearly 400 signed and printed letters to several authorities explaining the plight of law abiding immigrants. Many of my friends laughed at me, but that did not dampen my resolve. I am not a leader. But I am certainly MY OWN Master. If thousands of people write, how will the authorities not consider the issue seriously?

Best wishes!
If in fact there is this much misuse of this multinational catagory then surely we should try to prevent this. Particularly since it eats into our anual quota. This idea needs to be seriously considered. Keep posting Mr Goodintentions. It will take some time for everybody to buy into this idea. Meanwhile lets atleast encourage a debate on the pros/cons.

thomachan72
12-12-2012, 08:57 PM
we should wait few more weeks before we decide to send any letters as goodintentions says here. Let us discuss this plan with IV and plan this for later (potentially after the new year). Please dont send letters now since it might interfere with some of our other plans.

sunil9911
12-13-2012, 07:57 AM
Why you guys want to mess-up someone oppertunties?, there are several US based Indian companies also mis-using EB2 quota by putting fake expericneces which resulting EB3 loosing spilover oppertunity. If every one keep complaning like this it is going to be a problem, you guys better to stop writing this type letters.

vishalgupta2
12-13-2012, 08:38 AM
Why you guys want to mess-up someone oppertunties?, there are several US based Indian companies also mis-using EB2 quota by putting fake expericneces which resulting EB3 loosing spilover oppertunity. If every one keep complaning like this it is going to be a problem, you guys better to stop writing this type letters.

You might very well be one of those cheaters.

We need to stop them coz they are stealing what they do not deserve (at our cost) and more than that they are bringing bad name to the country.

eastindia
12-13-2012, 08:59 AM
Here are are some points to think. Good intentions your intentions are not good. After getting your greencard you want to ruin the chances of all Indians behind you. All Indians you are very selfish and narrow minded and do not mind selling all your friends. Such complaining will only bite you. It shows that all Indians and Indian companies are fraud and thus they need to be scrutinized. Lawmakers do not care if it is EB1C GH JK. ..... Or EB2 YUIBN. For them it is all Indians and Indian companies. Indian companies already have a bad name.... And most Indians work for them and get their EB2 EB3 also from them. Do you want all others complain about them and get laws to become strict for everyone and review all pending applications ? Are you willing to volunteer to get your application scrutinized?

Think. Think . Think.

Every time there is a visa bulletin, you guys only talk about classifying everyone ahead of you as fraud and how you can remove him from line so that you can get your greencard. Have you ever even done anything positive for all of us? Did you guys come to Rally or contributed funds every month to IV to help get any constructive thing for everyone?

Think. Think. And act like a mature person who cares about everyone.

I am EB2 and still not supporting you in your stupid thinking.

sunil9911
12-13-2012, 09:07 AM
My policy is - though if you don't help someone, don't harm at least. I am not a cheater, actually my priority date is Dec 2002, EB3 waiting for last 12 years, if I am cheater I could have been applied in EB2 with fake experiences or bought a EB2 labor like most of the guys did. people from other countries will at lease help each other, but Indian will try each ruin each other, that is the deference. EB2 has only around 3400 visa numbers for year, you will need expect these numbers, not spill-over. Be realistic man and patient.

vishalgupta2
12-13-2012, 09:12 AM
This is silly, fraud must be stopped no matter what.

imh1b
12-13-2012, 09:21 AM
This is silly, fraud must be stopped no matter what.

I agree with you. Do you want to start a campiagn for it and lead it?

How about volunteering to get our applications reviewed again and advertise our positions in newspapers, media and through national recruiters. Make a sincere and good effort to find US citizen for the job. If it is found, withdraw our greencard application and resign from our jobs.

Are you willing to volunteer for that first? Once you start maybe others will follow you and prove that their applications are 100% pure .

sunil9911
12-13-2012, 09:39 AM
vishalgupta2- If you think your applciation is 100% correct, why don't you post your reciept number and your employer details, so that we can see how genenue your application is.

rbusgc
12-13-2012, 09:45 AM
My policy is - though if you don't help someone, don't harm at least. I am not a cheater, actually my priority date is Dec 2002, EB3 waiting for last 12 years, if I am cheater I could have been applied in EB2 with fake experiences or bought a EB2 labor like most of the guys did. people from other countries will at lease help each other, but Indian will try each ruin each other, that is the deference. EB2 has only around 3400 visa numbers for year, you will need expect these numbers, not spill-over. Be realistic man and patient.

Letís call a spade a spade! Here people are talking about stopping a fraud, NOT HARMING somebody. Irrespective of whether they are from India/China/New Zealand ... we have to oppose such activities, we as law abiding citizens has a moral obligation to bring these fraudsterís in public, whether it benefit us or not. If somebody decided to break the law its their problem not mine.. they will think twice if authorities are aware of such fradulant activities.

sunil9911
12-13-2012, 09:47 AM
===========================

Thanks to all who took the pains to mail me. I have sent the draft mails to all of them, with my humble personal note (my 2 cents)..If interested kindly mail me.....Best of luck!
Good intenesion - though if you don't help someone, don't harm at least.People from other countries will at least help each other, but Indian will try each ruin each other, that is the major deference between us and others. EB2 has only around 3400 visa numbers for year, you will need expect these numbers, not spill-over. Be realistic and patient.

vishalgupta2
12-13-2012, 10:18 AM
vishalgupta2- If you think your applciation is 100% correct, why don't you post your reciept number and your employer details, so that we can see how genenue your application is.

I am not even in the line yet. This said, I proudly promise that when my application goes in around march or so, it will be 100% clean.

I used to work for the India office of a US company (its not a consultancy, it's a VC funded startup). I was with India office for 2 years then and I could have requested my company to play around with some paperwork (like some companies do) and get me in to US as Multinational Manager and get a EB1 GC but I did not.

gc_on_demand
12-13-2012, 10:29 AM
If they get gc sooner they will not work for less money they will have a root like us here and can't work for 15 usd per hour. Just heard this rate from one of fresh tcs employee whom i i i igave a ride to work. Can't believe how can they survive in such a low rate.

sunil9911
12-13-2012, 11:52 AM
Sorry to say but - when most of the people in US surviving with $8-10/hr, why canít the DESI guys survive with $15/hr?. As everyone know we never eat lunch outside instead just carry two chapattis and little subjee to the work, always looks for SALE items, toyata corala or hond civic. $15 is more than enouph for this type of life style.

gcharry
12-13-2012, 12:04 PM
Too Bad sunil9911. You have poor friends driving!

vishalgupta2
12-13-2012, 12:13 PM
Sorry to say but - when most of the people in US surviving with $8-10/hr, why canít the DESI guys survive with $15/hr?. As everyone know we never eat lunch outside instead just carry two chapattis and little subjee to the work, always looks for SALE items, toyata corala or hond civic. $15 is more than enouph for this type of life style.

I kind of agree with your point.

This said, I can't get what's the point in working at like 15$ an hour? Most engineers can make 8-10LPA in India and that will get them a lifestyle better (in India) than what they will get at 15$ an hour in USA.

Other thing is 15 an hour is about 40k an year, I don't think they can even get a petition approved at that wages. I will be very surprised if TCS was declaring more salary and paying less to the employees.

Possibly the guy was saying 15$ post tax/insurance etc?

sunil9911
12-13-2012, 12:14 PM
If someone is rich there is no point coming here, and struggle for GC etc.:).He can happily live in India.

vishalgupta2
12-13-2012, 12:15 PM
+1

if someone is rich there is no point coming here, and struggle for gc etc.:).he can happily live in india.

Goodintentions
12-13-2012, 01:19 PM
Here are are some points to think. Good intentions your intentions are not good. After getting your greencard you want to ruin the chances of all Indians behind you. All Indians you are very selfish and narrow minded and do not mind selling all your friends. Such complaining will only bite you. It shows that all Indians and Indian companies are fraud and thus they need to be scrutinized. Lawmakers do not care if it is EB1C GH JK. ..... Or EB2 YUIBN. For them it is all Indians and Indian companies. Indian companies already have a bad name.... And most Indians work for them and get their EB2 EB3 also from them. Do you want all others complain about them and get laws to become strict for everyone and review all pending applications ? Are you willing to volunteer to get your application scrutinized?

Think. Think . Think.

Every time there is a visa bulletin, you guys only talk about classifying everyone ahead of you as fraud and how you can remove him from line so that you can get your greencard. Have you ever even done anything positive for all of us? Did you guys come to Rally or contributed funds every month to IV to help get any constructive thing for everyone?

============================

Thanks or your comments. Your opinion is respected. However, I wish to clarify a few things

1. I started this personal campaign long back, much before I got my GC and even before I actually wrote about this a couple of years back, in IV forums

2. The truth is, every visa counts. Genuine folks are really languishing and feeling harassed

3. Many of the genuine EB Indians are not even able to educate their children in good in-state public colleges because they cannot afford international fee (about 50,000 USD per annum, in a good college like Univ of Michigan), just because they do not have the GC. Due to this, several bright children are forced to study in third level univ and colleges.

4. I have no intention of harming anyone. I gain nothing. GCs will anyhow be issued to someone, Mr A or Mr B! What gain do I get if A gets and not B? Kindly ponder over! I am only wanting genuine people who have put in several years of wait (especially those with grown up kids ) to get their due. I do not want them to be overtaken by youngsters skipping the line with "extra smart" documentation aided by their "honest" companies

5. Further, this is all left to the individual. It is not something like a "whip". I am also not talking on behalf on IV nor am I a leader. I am just "MY OWN MASTER". Just sharing my thoughts. If some one likes my idea, they are welcome to contact me.

Trust this clarifies!

Note: I have also contributed and collected amounts for IV to the extent, I could!

Best wishes!

houston_boy
12-13-2012, 01:37 PM

Dear Great Sunil

I strongly think you are in a SUPER FRUSTRATION
because of your long bench period.

Average American family income is nearly 41K per annum and individual H1B holder income must be 50K before USCIS accepting the petition where the question of 15/hr coming

People carry lunch bags because many of them are vegetatians and have beloved wifes cook for them (sorry for U) and to tell you I have nearly 10 lunch buddies at work all are not indians.

Entire world looks for items that are cheap..not just indians (please check the blackfriday lines )

Regading honda, toyota cars, now all americans are buying them because of high mileages...

Please stop working at gas stations and also stop posting these kind of crap messages...

sunil9911
12-13-2012, 02:03 PM
Hellow Goodintention, You intend to do this letter campaign to get EB1 spillover, right? Why do you think the spillover comes to you?. EB2 has only 3400 visas for Indians per year. Why you are trying to fight which doesnít belong to you? you need to understand this. And you are saying that you are doing this to help others who is suffering to pay the tuition fee, at the same time you are trying to make some others to suffer. That is not good.

Goodintentions
12-13-2012, 02:40 PM
Hellow Goodintention, You intend to do this letter campaign to get EB1 spillover, right? Why do you think the spillover comes to you?. EB2 has only 3400 visas for Indians per year. Why you are trying to fight which doesnít belong to you? you need to understand this. And you are saying that you are doing this to help others who is suffering to pay the tuition fee, at the same time you are trying to make some others to suffer. That is not good.

Normally I do not like to get into debates like this. It is just a matter of conviction and personal belief. If someone feels that manipulating the line with fantastic documentation to get ahead of others with much more experience is OK, I have nothing to comment. It is entirely your choice.

If there are a few who agree with me and wish to take a look at the draft letter I have prepared, welcome.

What do we gain my debating? Each person has his own perpecption, his will!

Note: I will no longer respond to any arguments on this. It does not help anyone.

Thanks! Best wishes!

Goodintentions
12-13-2012, 05:32 PM
One of the EB1 requires very high requirements like Phd, resesearch paper etc. Same level for the persons who worked team lead/Manager in CTS. I think this discrepancy need to be resolved

In case you are interested to send a petition, I have a draft prepared. Please mail me at goodintentions123@hotmail.com and I can respond with the draft!

Best wishes!

spicy_guy
12-13-2012, 05:35 PM

Lol, for the sarcasm.. But you forgot one thing, Indians want to save and would love to have fat bank balance unlike people here... That changes the whole equation... and probably this is reason for all the above pointers... $15 is not enough.. :-).

spicy_guy
12-13-2012, 05:41 PM
If someone is rich there is no point coming here, and struggle for GC etc.:).He can happily live in India.

Not 100% true. Even some rich want to come here and enjoy life / tour..of course, not to work.

BTW, unlike here, where if a family gets a million dollar, most of the times they chose to retire early and enjoy life. In India, people that have million dollar would see to make it 10... or even 100 mil. The urge for money never ends there.

gcharry
12-13-2012, 05:50 PM
spice_guy, The urge for money is always spicy and never ends anywhere in the world. Have you guys heard the saying even a dead body opens eyes when you talk about money and wealth?

sunil9911
12-14-2012, 07:01 AM
carry on, you will fall into the dig that you made your self. There is a saying "Pogalamu daapurinchinavadu evvari mata vinadu".

sunil9911
12-14-2012, 07:05 AM
Goodintention - carry on, I am sure you will fall into the dig that you made your self. There is a saying "Pogalamu daapurinchinavadu evvari mata vinadu".

sunil9911
12-14-2012, 07:09 AM
They can manage because, most of these out sourcing companies will bill person to multiple companies if he is working in India.

veereddy
12-14-2012, 09:47 AM
They can manage because, most of these out sourcing companies will bill person to multiple companies if he is working in India.

When somebody mentioned to me recently about this double billing I was surprised and even shocking news was they did it to the same company eventually they got caught but these things are happening.

houston_boy
12-14-2012, 11:19 AM
carry on, you will fall into the dig that you made your self. There is a saying "Pogalamu daapurinchinavadu evvari mata vinadu".

Orey Sunil

Why dont U start working for 14/hr and when U make enough money (accoding to U R definition) then go to india.

Start acting on u r words rather than preaching...guXXX :;)

sunil9911
12-14-2012, 01:26 PM
Ore - houston_boy, anavasaranga midisi padaku, in the future most of the software engineers who migrated will be avaible for below $15 dollars, because % of education in US is keep growing, now more and more coming into this field, no one gonna like us and people like you can be easily availbel for less that $15.:)

spicy_guy
12-14-2012, 01:48 PM
Ore - houston_boy, anavasaranga midisi padaku, in the future most of the software engineers who migrated will be avaible for below $15 dollars, because % of education in US is keep growing, now more and more coming into this field, no one gonna like us and people like you can be easily availbel for less that $15.:)

Its not just with IT. All industries follow the suite, with an exception of a few.
This is going to happen as population is growing and % educated as well. We might see this bit early in IT, though.

joe_blr
12-14-2012, 05:11 PM
Just FYI, There is recent killer invention/offering I came to know by the largest Indian Outsourcing company and is working well with certain big financial clients. They offer is $19 per hour for every consultant at all locations including onsite(US) and at Offshore(India). Corporate clients are happy and so is the desi company reaping the benefits of volume business. Couple of years back a software consultant in US is paid near to a hundred dollar per hour. Now with the new offering with off shoring model they offer onsite(US) and offshore(India) rate is flat at $19, for every position at onsite rate $19. Catch is they make the Corporate companies agree to have 3 more guys at Offshore/India attached to the onsite guy at the same price. A ratio of 3:1, so equivalently for all of them at 80$ per hour, US company get 4 persons work. For the desi company its a win-win, they company companies pay employees in US $30-$32 per hr (Onsite) and at offshore they pay $5 each - so math is - 45$ expenditure over all for 4 person to the off shoring company and they still have profit of 35$ ...

houston_boy
12-14-2012, 10:39 PM
:DOre - houston_boy, anavasaranga midisi padaku, in the future most of the software engineers who migrated will be avaible for below $15 dollars, because % of education in US is keep growing, now more and more coming into this field, no one gonna like us and people like you can be easily availbel for less that $15.:)

Orey gas station babu...

If the education in US is raising good let it grow... by th time the students hit the job market i might have retired... (remember u r still filling gas )

Leave the feeling that you came to USA that you are great !!! no they need some donkeys to work and we all are here :D

sunil9911
12-16-2012, 11:40 AM
houston_boy- Orey gas station boy, you are always talking about gas stations, i belive your carrier started in the gas station. In case if you go back to India (nee karma kali), my close relative has gas stations in India, if you go back I will recommend you to work over there. Let me know.

houston_boy
12-17-2012, 10:51 AM
houston_boy- Orey gas station boy, you are always talking about gas stations, i belive your carrier started in the gas station. In case if you go back to India (nee karma kali), my close relative has gas stations in India, if you go back I will recommend you to work over there. Let me know.

Sutti sunil babu

I would love to work in your gas station in US or in India..but how do U own a gas station with your modest 15/hr salary..:confused:

verri salahalu ivvaku ra ... pitchi pullayi :D

pappu
12-17-2012, 11:13 AM
How old are you guys talking about gas stations and $15?

Are you here for a cause or just entertainment?
Will you behave the same if this was your office and you were communicating with your colleagues? Or is the was no anonymity on this forum?

go_guy123
12-17-2012, 12:25 PM

Think. Think . Think.

Rightfully said eastindia...US immigration is full of contradictions. Compared to family category EB category is very fraud free.

My ex roomate got GC by marriage with USC and is now divorced.,..came straight from home country...According to him just after landing in US his spouse dumped him and left him on his own....Later says she had mental issues so had to dovorce her and his lawyer filed for divorce and lifting of condition of the 2 year GC.
None of his stories add up....The whole thing seems questionable

Not to mention..I know so many case of questionable adoptions just to derive family relationships