PDA

View Full Version : Urgent Advice pls: Exp letters 4 PERM vs Job Advt

immigblues
01-13-2013, 09:01 AM
My future employer is planning to do a PERM EB2 filing for me, and the job ad is ready.

My simple question is based on this given situation:

The job advertisement has 4 job duties and 10 skills.
My experience letters from my best ex-employer and from a couple affidavits from colleagues has all the 10 skills for sure. But when it comes to the 4 job duties, there is not a 100% "keyword to keyword" "verbatim" match. The job ad says "data-analysis" and the experience letters show "analysis of data". Similarly there can be other words, verbs like "Performing" in the job ad and instead "executing" in the experience letters.

To this my employer says there is a high risk for denial as the experience letters will appear as not-supporting the reqt, as usually a computer tries to match the letters vs job ad, and it may find it as not matching. Or a person who is not technical enough may be trying to do the matching process, and he may find the mismatch too.

My employer insists that all the keywords in ad must be an exact match in the experience letters. And he suggested me to check with different sources including other lawyers for second opinions.

I feel the nature of the job duties must very clearly indicate that it meets the job ad, in meaning, and it need not be "Verbatim". Also it doesnt not appear to be genuine if my experience letters have verbatim match.
I would love to hear that you support my employer's version, as at the end of the day I want to see progress on things I spent too many efforts with hope on getting the letters and they MUST not go wasted.

Please let me know what do you think with your experiences.

Thanks

a.j.2048
01-13-2013, 12:30 PM
Ask the lawyer handling the case for the draft of the experience letter(s) that will be needed.

If the existing letters were obtained on your own initiative, it is very likely that they are not good enough.

immigblues
01-13-2013, 01:54 PM
Ask the lawyer handling the case for the draft of the experience letter(s) that will be needed.

If the existing letters were obtained on your own initiative, it is very likely that they are not good enough.

Thanks A.J, I will check. Sometimes lawyers can make mistakes, and it happened with me in the past on a different case. I am checking with other lawyers too.
But you didnt answer my question.
In job duties, do you consider "nature of my duties" in the experience letters is good enough to match or do you think the match must be "key word to keyword, 100% verbatim".
Its not easy to get experience letters always, and most times the experience letters are say 3 yrs old. How can the job ad of today match with my experience letter 3 yrs old.
And if they match 100% including verbs and adjectives, what is the message one should be getting?

a.j.2048
01-13-2013, 05:11 PM
My own letters, and all the experience letters I've signed for other people matched verbatim with the job ad. These were letters provided by the lawyers on the case, which is why I would suggest following the lawyer's advice. It is not worth risking further delay for something so simple.

immigblues
01-15-2013, 08:13 PM
My own letters, and all the experience letters I've signed for other people matched verbatim with the job ad. These were letters provided by the lawyers on the case, which is why I would suggest following the lawyer's advice. It is not worth risking further delay for something so simple.

Thanks AJ,
Any more updates, please.

aadohio
01-17-2013, 05:27 PM
Dear friend,

I had a similar dilema early last year and I am glad to inform that my labor app was approved. Here is the exact question I had -- http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum105-immigrant-visa/2927160-possible-job-description-mismatch.html

Now, as you may imagine, this is not a guarantee that things will work out the same way for you. Along with your lawyer, you are the best judge of your situation.

All the best ! :)

immigblues
01-18-2013, 05:21 AM
Dear friend,

I had a similar dilema early last year and I am glad to inform that my labor app was approved. Here is the exact question I had -- http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum105-immigrant-visa/2927160-possible-job-description-mismatch.html

Now, as you may imagine, this is not a guarantee that things will work out the same way for you. Along with your lawyer, you are the best judge of your situation.

All the best ! :)

Thank you,
But
Your experience letters are important not at labor approval stage, but at the 2nd stage of 140. What is the status of your I-140.

aadohio
01-18-2013, 07:40 AM
Approved. Now, don't ask me about the third stage ;)