PDA

View Full Version : PERM Application - Random Audit

brokencompass
02-07-2013, 03:36 PM
I am on the 6th year of my H1 B visa and my H1-B work status is valid until 4/27/2013 and I have reclaimed all the days I have been outside of the US already.

I applied for my PERM through my employer to be able to have a valid work status after I finish my 6th year on my H1 Visa. I have a PERM priority date of 9/28/2012. Last week my PERM application was audited(General Random Audit). Since Audited applications take 8 months for USCIS to process, I would lose my work visa status after 4/27/2013. My employer's attorney advises me that I have no option but to leave the US before 4/27/2013 and I will have to quit my job and find a job in some other country. I cannot remotely work due to the nature of work I do.

I would like to find any other way I can continue to stay in the US until my PERM application gets approved. Can someone advise me what to do in my situation?

ananth
02-07-2013, 05:21 PM
Ur employer's atty seem to be right. I can't think of any other option but leave. Too close window to do anything else. Sorry.

abcdgc
02-11-2013, 07:13 PM
I am on the 6th year of my H1 B visa and my H1-B work status is valid until 4/27/2013 and I have reclaimed all the days I have been outside of the US already.

I applied for my PERM through my employer to be able to have a valid work status after I finish my 6th year on my H1 Visa. I have a PERM priority date of 9/28/2012. Last week my PERM application was audited(General Random Audit). Since Audited applications take 8 months for USCIS to process, I would lose my work visa status after 4/27/2013. My employer's attorney advises me that I have no option but to leave the US before 4/27/2013 and I will have to quit my job and find a job in some other country. I cannot remotely work due to the nature of work I do.

I would like to find any other way I can continue to stay in the US until my PERM application gets approved. Can someone advise me what to do in my situation?

You could chose to stay back and become undocumented. After the bill you will get EAD as if you filed for I-485. Forget about the hassle of filing PERM and I-140.