PDA

View Full Version : Green card at last!

jethro11
09-06-2013, 11:02 PM
Guys,
I finally got the e-mail about card production ordered today after waiting for 9 long years. My ordeal started in October 2004 when the company lawyer filed my case under Eb3- India even though I have a BE from India and MS from a US university. After seeing the backlog and no movement in priority dates for a few years I placed my hopes on the immigration bill. When the bill was killed in the house, I lost hope and convinced my company to port my case to EB2 in Jan 2011. That was no cake walk either, it took almost a year to prepare the case,advertise on job sites etc. After submitting the labor in Nov 2011, there was an audit request. After the EB2 labor cleared audit in June 2012, we filed the I-140 expedited. After that was approved, I waited anxiously for Oct 2012 visa bulletin only to see the EB2 priority date retrogress to September 2004:mad:. After 9 months of no movement, I got an RFE in June 2013 which gave me hopes that my case was not lost in the paper shuffle. The RFE response was filed in July 2013 after which I waited patiently until the dates became current in August 2013 and finally the e-mail today. :D In a nutshell, I waited 6 years in EB3 + 3 years in EB2.
My advise to everyone who can port is to go ahead and do it. I'm glad I did that instead of waiting for immigration reform. Anyway good luck to everyone who is waiting, you will eventually get it, just be patient.

open.247
09-07-2013, 05:41 PM
Hi
Can you share with us Did you got interview or any RFE .
Once your date became current it was simple like that case approved and card ordered for production when .
My PD May 2004 is EB3. And I am waiting from 2000
Thanks

spicy_guy
09-07-2013, 10:49 PM
Guys,
I finally got the e-mail about card production ordered today after waiting for 9 long years. My ordeal started in October 2004 when the company lawyer filed my case under Eb3- India even though I have a BE from India and MS from a US university. After seeing the backlog and no movement in priority dates for a few years I placed my hopes on the immigration bill. When the bill was killed in the house, I lost hope and convinced my company to port my case to EB2 in Jan 2011. That was no cake walk either, it took almost a year to prepare the case,advertise on job sites etc. After submitting the labor in Nov 2011, there was an audit request. After the EB2 labor cleared audit in June 2012, we filed the I-140 expedited. After that was approved, I waited anxiously for Oct 2012 visa bulletin only to see the EB2 priority date retrogress to September 2004:mad:. After 9 months of no movement, I got an RFE in June 2013 which gave me hopes that my case was not lost in the paper shuffle. The RFE response was filed in July 2013 after which I waited patiently until the dates became current in August 2013 and finally the e-mail today. :D In a nutshell, I waited 6 years in EB3 + 3 years in EB2.
My advise to everyone who can port is to go ahead and do it. I'm glad I did that instead of waiting for immigration reform. Anyway good luck to everyone who is waiting, you will eventually get it, just be patient.

Your EB3 PD is same as mine :-).

You are lucky. Happy for you and congrats! :-)

saketkapur
09-07-2013, 11:16 PM
Hi
Once your date became current it was simple like that case approved and card ordered for production when .
My PD May 2004 is EB3. And I am waiting from 2000
Thanks

If your PD is May 2004 then you are waiting from that date.

jethro11
09-08-2013, 11:20 AM
---------------------------------------------------------------------
I got an RFE in June 2013 asking for proof of continuous employment from July 2007 (when everybody filed I-485 during open period). Also they wanted to confirm that job offer exists. My company sent them the details in July 2013 after which they sent an automated e-mail about receiving it and that they will respond within 45 days. On Aug 1st when EB2 dates became current my lawyer sent them an e-mail that I eligible for processing. After that we got another e-mail saying a case officer was assigned to my case and decision would be made withing 90 days.
It is important to note that I got my GC in EB2 with EB3 priority date retention from October 2004. I had to convince my company for 1 year to file my GC when retrogression talk was starting in 2002. They finally got down to it and filed in Feb 2004 but did something wrong and had to wait until October 2004 to file it:mad: Believe me I've spent the entire past decade dealing with immigration authorities, company lawyers etc:eek: Keep your chin up and you too will get the GC soon.