PDA

View Full Version : H1B After Layoff

abcA
11-05-2013, 12:18 PM
I got new job offer from new employer morning but at the same time I had big bad news at evening, I got laid off from current employer at evening, which was unexpected.
I still didn't get the offer letter from new employer because of the weekend gap. I am getting offer letter coming weekdays. But should I tell HR after signing offer letter that I got laid off, so that they can start H1 Transfer ASAP?. Or I should not inform them?

I am afraid that I should not loose my offer, because of laid off if I tell them. And still I have to get my last pay check next to next week, so there is a 2 week gap for last pay check. I know that if I do H1B transfer in premium processing there should not be problem. But they may ask why do you need to do premium , in that case I have to tell them about the lay off so that they start transfer ASAP.

Please help me its urgent???

saji007
11-06-2013, 10:49 AM
Once they apply you should be fine, ask them to initiate the transfer at the earliest... Small gaps does not matter. I was laid off and applied for H1 transfer after a month and got the approval with out any issue.

abcA
11-06-2013, 11:12 AM
Once they apply you should be fine, ask them to initiate the transfer at the earliest... Small gaps does not matter. I was laid off and applied for H1 transfer after a month and got the approval with out any issue.

ThankYou for your reply...I am concerned that Should I inofrm them about the lay off, so that they can speed up the process. But at the same time I am afriad that If tell them they should not revoke my offer back. And another concern that If I dont tell them now if they got to now about the lay off in background check they may also revoke myoffer there.

Please help me wheter should I inform them about the layoff or not?

saji007
11-06-2013, 11:44 AM
I do not think they can find it out thru background check. They will say like this employee was working from this day - last day, that is it... So do not worry about that. Since you are going to get your last pay stub after 2 weeks, I think you should be safe for another 2 weeks. Most of the companies will start the transfer process in a week or two, once they make an offer, so you should be pretty safe. Also you can ask for their immigration lawyer and talk to them to speed up the transfer.

Just my 2 cents ...