PDA

View Full Version : Piece meal reform is the only show in town

simple.life
11-25-2013, 07:15 PM
From President Obama comments in SF, its clear that only piece meal reform is possible at this stage.

Major setback for immigrant community overall, now its become......benefit of one..is loss of another.

divide and rule!

maraudersheild
11-25-2013, 09:58 PM
Has there been a thread here that compares Issa's high-skilled bill with the senate's (I2 or CIR)? I would guess this area would be a decent candidate to be passed piecemeal.

IIRC, Issa's bill did not have reclaiming unused visa numbers from a while ago, as well as removing dependents from the lines...right?

mrjonie
11-29-2013, 12:48 PM
Whats IV's take on "Fast for Families" ? Appreciate leadership response.

On November 12, faith, immigrant rights and labor leaders announced the launch of “Fast for Families: A Call for Immigration Reform and Citizenship,” taking place on the National Mall, steps away from the Capitol. Leaders and immigrant members of the community will fast every day and night, abstaining from all food—except water—to move the hearts and compassion of members of Congress to pass immigration reform with a path to citizenship.

The fast in Washington, DC will be in conjunction with dozens of local and solidarity fasts, events, and actions already underway in key congressional districts across the country. Fasters will be joined nationwide by groups and activists who are prepared to make sacrifices for the passage of immigration reform with a path to citizenship.

imh1b
11-29-2013, 07:13 PM
Fasting drama is by undocumented. High skilled people do not have that big of a problem even if they do not get green card. Life for us goes on with or without green card. We are high earning people and mostly happy with jobs except for those who work for desi companies. We will rather have a concert in protest than a fast. Why should one stay hungry when he has money, good life and happiness even on H1B or EAD status?

imh1b
11-29-2013, 07:17 PM
The previous post was my sarcasm in the high skill community. If someone does not understand the hidden meaning. We folks are in a comfort zone and unless green card wreaks our life like it is to undocumented, nothing will happen.

mrjonie
11-29-2013, 07:51 PM
Yep... Got that .. U r true