PDA

View Full Version : Withdrawing H1B processing

sankay1234
12-03-2013, 08:24 AM
Hello Experts,

I have a peculiar situation and need urgent help. I am currently working for a firm in India and have applied for H1B thru a different firm. The processing of the H1B is still going on and no decision has been given by USCIS yet. In the mean time, my current firm offered me a relocation and I have accepted it (I already have an L1 for this relocation). can you please let me know how I can approach the other firm and request them to stop processing my H1B. Will there be any consequences on my future applications/extensions for any US visa.

I have just one month left to relocate....

Thank you very much for the help in advance...

katta
12-03-2013, 01:43 PM
You don't have to do anything. In the event of h1b approval it will not get activated because h1b is being done with consular process as you are in India. If you get you h1b approved you are in advantage, after you come to US on L1 you can jump to h1b ship and also apply for h1b transfer to different company. L1 is very restrictive but your dependents get EAD. Don't tell your current L1 employer about the other h1b. Also if your current employer ask you for bond etc don't worry. Those things are considered bonded labor in US and they will not fly in legal system here. you can read comments on this on this forum as well as mine.