PDA

View Full Version : H4 Change of status Denied (abandonment) Help!!

sltaranha
01-05-2014, 01:47 PM
I had applied for change of status while in the US. I had consulted my lawyer if I could travel to India while my application was still pending. Unfortunately, she told me it will not be a problem and I went ahead with my plans. I receive a shocking letter stating the denial of my application due to abandonment (Leaving the country)

I was suggested to:
1) Re-apply for H-4 from India which my husbands company will apply
2) How long would this take and would the initial denial raise a flag?
3) My lawyer advised not to include the denial while applying
4) Also, My H1 extension through green card is in process which would be available around Jun/Jul. Not sure if this would be affected.

Could anyone guide me what would be the appropriate procedure to handle the situation. I have 2 young kids (US citizens) and husband in the US. I cannot afford to mess this ;-(

Thank you so much in advance for all your help

hfourvisa
01-05-2014, 03:25 PM
Please don't worry. You r on H4. Just apply at your local consulate whether it's hyd, mumbai, chennai or whatever it is. Please don't think that you will be denied visa. Your husband and kids r in US. MAKE SURE TO MENTION IN THE APPLICATION THAT UR APPLICATION WAS DENIED. don't lie as the lawyer told you to do. If Us Govt finds out that you have lied, lawyer won't put his life on line to bring you to US.

Assuming you have not violated any immigration rules, all the best.

I am not an attorney but H4 visa holder.

Best wishes

hfourvisa
01-05-2014, 03:30 PM
Please don't worry. You r on H4. Just apply at your local consulate whether it's hyd, mumbai, chennai or whatever it is. Please don't think that you will be denied visa. Your husband and kids r in US. MAKE SURE TO MENTION IN THE APPLICATION THAT UR APPLICATION WAS DENIED. don't lie as the lawyer told you to do. If Us Govt finds out that you have lied, lawyer won't put his life on line to bring you to US.

Assuming you have not violated any immigration rules, all the best.

I am not an attorney but H4 visa holder.

Best wishes

I am sorry I realize you are applying change of status. I saw your post on other thread. Sorry