PDA

View Full Version : Travel to India on H1B

h1btraveller2013
02-07-2014, 05:04 PM
I came into US in this January on H1B in NewJersey through a consultancy. Now I have got a client in Columbus Ohio and I have moved there. I would want to bring my family to US from India and I need to travel back in March beginning for four days to assist them (since i have a small kid). My company currently tells me that it is of great risk that I am travelling right away back to India (since I arrived this January) and customs would red flag my profile.

1. Is this true? Would I have any more difficulties at the POE when I arrive back?

2. My client in Columbus might not give me a client letter. What else can I do to ease my arrival back in US?

sac-r-ten
02-08-2014, 08:28 AM
technically i don't think there is any risk. Its better to get few paystubs, client letter for travel. If your baby is really small, then its better you wait for couple of months and then travel with the baby.

good luck.

krishmunn
02-08-2014, 10:32 AM
When you moved from NJ to OH, was a new LCA filed ? If not , you need a new LCA and amended H1 .

A client letter will be very helpful in your situation

h1btraveller2013
02-08-2014, 08:29 PM
Thanks a lot for your replies. Yes the LCA is under transfer. But what is an amended H1? Do I need another petition? It is the same employer. Kindly clarify.