PDA

View Full Version : DS-160 question

cashah
01-16-2015, 06:24 PM
Going to India after almost 9 years, had applied and got the H-1b visa in 2006, same employer & same title, going again for the Visa. Few question on DS-160 if anyone can help please:

1) My I-140 is already approved and my current I-797 expires in May 2015; however my extension has already been approved for another 3 years till May 2018. I guess in the Receipt Number, i have to mention my current I-797 receipt number (Which expires in May 2015)...What should be mentioned under -Intended length of stay? - Should this be for 3 years based on the approved I-797 extension I already received or Should it be based on the valid Receipt number that i entered for which the time of stay will be only until May 2015?

2) Which address to use under Home, Mailing & Spouse address? In my most recent I-129 petition, my home address was mentioned. However my wife's address in her passport (home address in India) is different? Also, since we both are couple, we should technically be having a same home address?--Any thoughts...

3) I have been on H-1 since 2004, in the question of previous employment, do i have to mention anything, as i have been with the same employer for 11 years now?

4) Have you traveled to any countries within last five years? We have been in the US since 2006, do we have to mention "US"?

Let me know your thoughts please...

Thanks.

gcharry
01-16-2015, 08:48 PM
Going to India after almost 9 years, had applied and got the H-1b visa in 2006, same employer & same title, going again for the Visa. Few question on DS-160 if anyone can help please:

1. Enter 797 which is valid till 2018.
2. Enter your home address for both.
3. You can enter previous employer before your current employer (that could be in your home country)
4. You don't have to mention unless its mandatory. In case mandatory, just enter US.

cashah
01-17-2015, 08:56 AM
Thanks for the answer... However for the 1st question, as I am planning to go for the visa interview in Feb, how can I put the receipt number that will be valid from May 2015...

gcharry
01-17-2015, 09:26 AM
Send an email to support@ustraveldocs.com or call them. They are very suportive and answer all the questions.

Apply for a U.S. Visa | Contact Us - India (English) (http://www.ustraveldocs.com/in/in-main-contactus.asp)