PDA

View Full Version : H1B extension pending since 1 year

ayesha.a
06-11-2015, 12:46 PM
Dear Sir/Madam

I request for your valuable input.

My husband's employer filed for extension last year. It is already one year.
We followed up with lawyer many times but still it is not progressing and we are really worried now.
Online status shows that : a duplicate notice about a decision on your Form I-129 is sent

What should we do? My husband is unable to travel to india also.
:(

Regards
Ayesha

spicy_guy
06-11-2015, 03:17 PM
Dear Sir/Madam

We followed up with lawyer many times but still it is not progressing and we are really worried now.
Online status shows that : a duplicate notice about a decision on your Form I-129 is sent

Regards
Ayesha

Did you talk to the lawyer? What does he say?

ayesha.a
06-11-2015, 11:03 PM
Did you talk to the lawyer? What does he say?

Nothing, he says he is checking.....basically not sure ...
what do you think most probably will happen

LongGCSaga
06-12-2015, 02:30 PM
Not sure, but may be due to cheap attorney. I had the worst exp with my I-140, stuck for 14 months. After got the denial news from the attorney with the help of AILA. Lost 3+ years of life with $870 immigration attorney.

Nothing, he says he is checking.....basically not sure ...
what do you think most probably will happen

dipdowndust
06-12-2015, 04:13 PM
Dear Sir/Madam

Regards
Ayesha

It looks like your lawyer is not doing what he/she is suppose to do. By now, you should have got RFE or something explaining the delay. Sometimes, it could be company also delaying things. You never know what is happening since lawyer can choose to conceal information. This happened to me once where my H1b was filed little later due to company delay and then USCIS didnt give any update for few months. I asked lawyer to switch to premium processing by paying extra so that they can reply quick. In premium processing you are suppose to get reply within two weeks. After switching, my H1 approval came in 2 weeks. I would suggest to step up in following up and if they say USCIS is delaying things, ask to upgrade to premium processing. Company may not cover this cost so its upto you to spend money on it or not.

Good Luck!

ayesha.a
06-13-2015, 09:20 AM
It looks like your lawyer is not doing what he/she is suppose to do. By now, you should have got RFE or something explaining the delay. Sometimes, it could be company also delaying things. You never know what is happening since lawyer can choose to conceal information. This happened to me once where my H1b was filed little later due to company delay and then USCIS didnt give any update for few months. I asked lawyer to switch to premium processing by paying extra so that they can reply quick. In premium processing you are suppose to get reply within two weeks. After switching, my H1 approval came in 2 weeks. I would suggest to step up in following up and if they say USCIS is delaying things, ask to upgrade to premium processing. Company may not cover this cost so its upto you to spend money on it or not.

Good Luck!

Yes lawyer is not helping....because he is a cheap lawyer.
But is it possible to bypass a lawyer ?
and this lawyer is not selected by my husband but it is provided by his Employer.
We are not sure what is going to happen.

Below is online status of Visa
---------------------------------------
we sent you a duplicate notice about a decision on your Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker, Receipt Number XXXXXXX, or describing how we will process the case if it is still pending
---------------------------------------

Above notice is sent to lawyer .....who is not responding.
We are completely stuck :(

hfourvisa
06-13-2015, 03:16 PM
Please do everybody a favor by mentioning the names of the crappy employer and useless attorney.Few people might benefit in this forum

raja123
06-15-2015, 03:05 AM
My 6 year H1B ends by June 2016. My I-140 is under process(waiting for approval). After I-140 approval, (a) whether I can get H1B extension on yearly basis or 3 years at one go?. (b) If it is one year at a time, can I get driving licence renewal, house lease renewal etc. year to year. I am staying in NJ state. what are the applicable rules in NJ for such renewals.

Kindly clarify my doubts.

ayesha.a
06-17-2015, 12:34 PM

Good Luck!

Thanks....

do you know premium processing fees for H1B extension?

Thanks again

raja123
06-19-2015, 01:19 AM
what is the fee for premium processing of I-140. My company applied for it in Dec'14, and the result is yet to be known. Whether the choice of premium processing for I-140 is there?.
Kindly let me know.
thanks & regards