PDA

View Full Version : Previous Company not willing to give Expe letter for GC

willswins@gmail.com
08-02-2015, 11:34 PM
Hi,

I am in a situation and need some advice. I worked with a company-A for 2 years and 6 months back moved to a new company-B. Company-B is filing GC for me since I only have 1 year left in my H1B. I contacted my manager in company-A to give me an attested experience letter on a plain paper. Company-A recently laid off many of its employees and previous manager from company-A is scared to give the experience letter. He also convinced other team mates NOT to give me the same letter. What option do I have next to proceed ?

Thanks,

WInny Wilson

dipdowndust
08-03-2015, 02:13 AM
Hi,

I am in a situation and need some advice. I worked with a company-A for 2 years and 6 months back moved to a new company-B. Company-B is filing GC for me since I only have 1 year left in my H1B. I contacted my manager in company-A to give me an attested experience letter on a plain paper. Company-A recently laid off many of its employees and previous manager from company-A is scared to give the experience letter. He also convinced other team mates NOT to give me the same letter. What option do I have next to proceed ?

Thanks,

WInny Wilson

Can you check with company's HR to confirm your employment dates with the company ? I am not sure why your old manager is scared to give a letter ?? This is nothing out of normal. They are just stating truth on a piece of paper.

gccovet
08-03-2015, 08:37 AM
Hi,

Thanks,

WInny Wilson

In worst case, Paystubs and/OR W2 from company A can be used to prove employment duration and being "in-status".
HTH
GCCovet

amit_sp
08-03-2015, 04:59 PM
Hello, you don't need to worry.
1. Company's HR department should be able to provide you a letter verifying your experience.
2. If not, any former colleague should be able to do that. That person need not be employed with the same company to write the letter.
3. You have W2 and pay-stubs as the last option. However i don't see a need to go to that extent. If you haven't tried #1 first, do it so. Even if you relations were strained, writing an email requesting the letter should not be an issue.