PDA

View Full Version : Lawsuit

asanghi
02-09-2007, 01:39 AM
USCIS has been sued by Citizenship hopefuls for a reason which applies to us all. The process took longer time than expected.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2007/02/08/BAG7QO1AN18.DTL

What if we sue USCIS, if not USCIS then some other Fed agency. Least of all, it capture the nation's attention that IV badly needs and make it a mainstream issue just like illegal immigration.

franklin
02-09-2007, 02:01 AM
emailed the reporter to thank him of his support and give him more info on IV and their efforts and details on the IV agenda.

I also emailed moveon.org, and asked for their help

pappu
02-09-2007, 08:40 AM
E-mail Matthai Chakko Kuruvila at mkuruvila@sfchronicle.com

centaur
02-09-2007, 09:39 AM
I brought this up in July 2006, about atleast filing a class action lawsuit, even if its thrown out of court, we have attention of the news media. Being a taxpayer we are entitled to use the court system. But, at that time I was practically boo-ed of the website to the extent, that I erased my comments and stopped coming to this website.

If we are in this together, I still think its possible. We talk about media attention, this is probably the best way to do so.

Grounds:
1) Discrimination based on country. I know about 7% quota, but a judge can put a hold on quota or refer it to more stidies or throw this issue. We dont know what the judge will think, its highly stupid for us to assume, that he will be against us from the start.

But it will get media coverage and media will definitely comment on numbers of indians/chinese and simple ignorance of whoever came up with this quota. And also the fact that these are doctors, engg stc and in high tax-brackets.

2) Emotional trauma, spouse not able to work and such. Thats a human rights issue, which is even bigger than immigration. It will start another debate.

These are two very big grounds, another would be taxation without representation.

I know immigration is a privilege, butas long as it gets media attention and average american starts realizing the difference between legal and illlegal.

I think it will also bring CIR to debate sooner.

pani_6
02-09-2007, 10:48 AM
Yes this option is open...the sitiuation is getting ridicilous by the day..lets wait for couple of months so see if SKIL OR CIR take some direction..meanwhile nothin prevents us from preparing
grounds for a law suit!!

raj3078
02-09-2007, 10:53 AM
I fully believe in court systems in USA, and feel that we should file the lawsuit. The bills like CIR or SKIL wont see the daylight in political fights

jonty_11
02-09-2007, 11:13 AM
I fully believe in court systems in USA, and feel that we should file the lawsuit. The bills like CIR or SKIL wont see the daylight in political fights
The Judicial system is run by Bush and et al..they wont listen to soemone who they are not answerable to.

hopein07
02-09-2007, 11:32 AM

Read below what happened to the court case in UK.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Breaking_news_Indian_docs_lose_case_against_Britis h_govt/articleshow/1586856.cms

You can simply FORGET ABOUT LAWUSUITS etc.

franklin
02-09-2007, 11:39 AM
It will not help anyone being negative.

centaur
02-09-2007, 12:08 PM
Bush is for immigration reform.

I see people disliking him, but to be fair to him, that man had some very good ideas when he became the president. He was unlucky that 9-11 happened when he was just 9 months into presidency and inexperienced, but his response was good, and it was wrong for him to go into Iraq as the reasons were all wrong. That was a huge mistake, probably in-expereince, wrong advisors, oil lobby, and some of the fear from 9-11, all contributed to that decision.

Overall, he has done more in terms of changing things, and has started debates on more controversial issues than anyone before. He has done more for the world trade, es[ecially countries like India, China and Brazil. He has gone beyond racial and gender factors, as reflected in choice of his staff and advisors.

Debates have to be started before anything happens and sometime it takes years, even after the presidency is over.

It's easy to blame him for everything as he is the face we see. I am not a Bush supporter, but actually a huge Clinton fan, but I think we tend to be overly unfair to the man. He has an office that comes with blames, sometimes decisions are not easy and you could go wrong either way. I think he tends to err on side of doing more than less, while Clinton was opposite and kept things stable, but also didnot start changes or lay grounds for change to take place.

As a president I think he has probably done more, or sets things in motion, more than Clinton did. Sometimes things need changing, and initial in-stability goes with the change.

The Judicial system is run by Bush and et al..they wont listen to soemone who they are not answerable to.

centaur
02-09-2007, 12:09 PM
Excellent idea.

Yes this option is open...the sitiuation is getting ridicilous by the day..lets wait for couple of months so see if SKIL OR CIR take some direction..meanwhile nothin prevents us from preparing
grounds for a law suit!!

eager_immi
02-09-2007, 01:09 PM
Ok, since immigration is taking a back seat because of the IRAQ war, please explain how does it make him a wonderful president? He is responsible for so many lives bc of the war. If he did not spend billions of tax payer money on iraq, when there were no weapons of mass distruction and/or saddam was not an imminent danger to the united states, don't you think we would have better use of our tax payer's dollars.

Just beacuse he is pro immigration does not make him the best president (he cannot pass the bill on his own u know, eventhough "he is the decider"). What is the point he can be pro immigration for all people care but his republican party is not too thrilled with him and will not pass an amnesty bill. What has he done for the enviornment? He believes that there is nothing called global warming. So please just because he is pro-illegals, pro free trade does not qualify him as the best president.

Bush is for immigration reform.

I see people disliking him, but to be fair to him, that man had some very good ideas when he became the president. He was unlucky that 9-11 happened when he was just 9 months into presidency and inexperienced, but his response was good, and it was wrong for him to go into Iraq as the reasons were all wrong. That was a huge mistake, probably in-expereince, wrong advisors, oil lobby, and some of the fear from 9-11, all contributed to that decision.

Overall, he has done more in terms of changing things, and has started debates on more controversial issues than anyone before. He has done more for the world trade, es[ecially countries like India, China and Brazil. He has gone beyond racial and gender factors, as reflected in choice of his staff and advisors.

Debates have to be started before anything happens and sometime it takes years, even after the presidency is over.

It's easy to blame him for everything as he is the face we see. I am not a Bush supporter, but actually a huge Clinton fan, but I think we tend to be overly unfair to the man. He has an office that comes with blames, sometimes decisions are not easy and you could go wrong either way. I think he tends to err on side of doing more than less, while Clinton was opposite and kept things stable, but also didnot start changes or lay grounds for change to take place.

As a president I think he has probably done more, or sets things in motion, more than Clinton did. Sometimes things need changing, and initial in-stability goes with the change.

vejella
02-09-2007, 01:19 PM
Sueing immigration system could be our fall back resort if there are no reasonable bills passed in the coming days.

Its could not get any worse than what it is right now.:)

eager_immi
02-11-2007, 09:47 AM
They don't listen to anyone they are answerable to why would they listen to people with least amount if rights.

pappu
02-11-2007, 11:10 AM
E-mail Matthai Chakko Kuruvila at mkuruvila@sfchronicle.com
has anyone sent email to this id? we need several people to write to reporters so that they can cover our issues.
thanks

sr123
02-11-2007, 11:13 AM
As per my understanding, the retrogression problem is due to the lack of suffucient number of visas.This number is specified by the law. Now that is what needs fixing and that has come from legislation from congress(and last I heard courts should not and cannot legislate.)

Courts or judiciary comes in only when the law is not being implemented correctly. So even if the law is lacking in some way the courts have to go by the law. The only cases where courts strike down laws are when they are against the basic structure of the constitution.

So what we need to find out is whether an existing law is being violated, then we have a case otherwise not. I dont think USCIS is violating a law. If anyone else finds information about any violation then we can pursue law suit option.