PDA

View Full Version : Why cant we take our frustrations to the streets?

Z.Liu
02-09-2007, 05:30 PM
After spending so much money, after such long waits, we still don't see much light from the end of the tunnel. Why can't we walk onto the streets and have our anger heard? :mad:

Just an idea, we could organize a demonstration, have everybody wear a Tshirt with his/her education, work experiences, and number of years in waiting printed, and just walk!:)

whoever
02-09-2007, 05:34 PM
not a good idea, but its only my opinion. by the way, you seem to be ROW, so you have quite some options if you wish to explore like EB2 is well almost current except china (05).

Z.Liu
02-09-2007, 05:45 PM
No, I'm from China, currently EB2 (MS + 2yr).

My first Labor application was filed back in spring 2004. The attorney did a lousy job,even put me into the wrong category. But it was not until the end of last year we got a letter from the Dept. of Labor stating an "Indent to deny".

The company then pulled the plug for the first case was ready to file a second case under PERM with me paying all the costs this time. The second case got approved rather quickly however. We are now preparing for the I-140 Premium Processing. In the mean time, I'm struggling to find a way to "retain" my old Priority Date.

GC08
02-09-2007, 09:03 PM
I think that's because H1Bs are not risks takers, at least most H1Bs. Besides, most H1Bs are professionals and think too much. On the other hands, those illegals do not care so much, maybe because they have less to lose.

Yesterday, I heard on NPR about some legal workers from some south American country got mistreated (like their passports were confiscated by the American contractor and they were underpaied while working 80 hours per week, etc.). They are sueing the American contractor. Funny when I heard that when one such legal worker talked to his brother (or maybe cousins) who was here illegally about the situation, his brother (cousin) said something like: how come your legal immigrants live a life worse than we illegals?!

Isn't that a joke or what! ;)

eager_immi
02-11-2007, 09:43 AM
Because all we will do is create a negative impression with the current people this rallying works in india/china/asia, i don't think it will have a positive impact on us. Here everything is done behind the scene and that is why we need money for lobbying.

After spending so much money, after such long waits, we still don't see much light from the end of the tunnel. Why can't we walk onto the streets and have our anger heard? :mad:

Just an idea, we could organize a demonstration, have everybody wear a Tshirt with his/her education, work experiences, and number of years in waiting printed, and just walk!:)