PDA

View Full Version : EB Visa Bulletin March '07. No Movement. No surprises.

maristella61
02-12-2007, 11:27 PM
based on the past postings does anyone have a clue if it is a good or a bad sign that the Visa bulletin has not yet been updated? My feel is that if there were no movements they would already have posted it. Any thoughts?

----------------
Added by logiclife:
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g247/logiclife/visabulletins.jpg

eager_immi
02-12-2007, 11:38 PM
we have anxiously done this every month, i think ur gut feeling is accurate no movement whatsoever.

based on the past postings does anyone have a clue if it is a good or a bad sign that the Visa bulletin has not yet been updated? My feel is that if there were no movements they would already have posted it. Any thoughts?

rimzhim
02-13-2007, 10:44 AM
looks like it is coming today. they have a link that says March 2007, but nothing linked to it.

not that we are expecting anything from it.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_3143.html

looks like they have archived it. Not sure what that means, but I think it has been there for some time and there is nothing new here. sorry about the wrong info.

dan19
02-13-2007, 11:20 AM
At least the sequence of events (VB publishing) is predictable!!!!!

Cut..Paste..Broken Link..Fixed Link...

looks like it is coming today. they have a link that says March 2007, but nothing linked to it.

not that we are expecting anything from it.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_1770.html

looks like they have archived it. Not sure what that means, but I think it has been there for some time and there is nothing new here. sorry about the wrong info.

sledge_hammer
02-13-2007, 11:26 AM

hehehehehe :D

rimzhim
02-13-2007, 11:34 AM

no changes as expected.

ars01
02-13-2007, 11:37 AM
NO MOVEMENT - What a surprise!!

krishna.ahd
02-13-2007, 11:39 AM
no changes as expected.

They should publish once in a year now
March 2007 is already archived ?? What the ???

dan19
02-13-2007, 11:47 AM
Retrogression Predicted for EB3!!!

shirish
02-13-2007, 11:49 AM
NO MOVEMENT - What a surprise!!
Is that really a surprise?

waitingGC
02-13-2007, 11:56 AM
E. EMPLOYMENT THIRD PREFERENCE VISA AVAILABILITY DURING THE COMING MONTHS

Little if any forward movement in the Employment Third preference category is expected in the near future. Recent discussions with both Citizenship and Immigration Services (CIS) and the Department of Labor indicate that the demand for numbers with pre-August 2002 priority dates is likely to be extremely high in the coming months as both agencies continue to work on their backlogs. This could easily cause a retrogression of the current Employment Third preference cut-off dates should that demand begin to materialize at CIS offices during the spring and summer months.

Does this also mean no forward movement for China/Indian EB2?

Dalai Lama
02-13-2007, 11:59 AM
There is no movement, Dont worry. They did intentionally. after increasing fee everything will be current in couple of months , enjoy.

fide_champ
02-13-2007, 12:01 PM
There is no movement, Dont worry. They did intentionally. after increasing fee everything will be current in couple of months , enjoy.

r u dreaming?

InTheMoment
02-13-2007, 12:05 PM
Hey what a cool job for the DoS official. Copy...then...Paste ..phew ! and sit tight till he/she has to make that giant effort next month :)

Munna Bhai
02-13-2007, 12:19 PM
But CIR reminds me of that beautiful old song of Lata: (English translation available for those who don't understand Hindi)

Na my sapna hu na koi raaz hu

(I am neither a dream nor a mystery to be unraveled)

Ek dard bhari avaaz hu

(Just a sorrowful voice that has for many miles traveled).

PS: English translation is rimzhim original. So pls excuse if you don't like it.

Piya der na kar, aa mil (english trans: VB please become current)

Tere kon se hai manzil (english trans: VB how long will it take to be current)

fide_champ
02-13-2007, 12:21 PM
Piya der na kar, aa mil (english trans: VB please become current)

Tere kon se hai manzil (english trans: VB how long will it take to be current)

It's going to take an eternity for sure.....

shree19772000
02-13-2007, 12:29 PM
Hey what a cool job for the DoS official. Copy...then...Paste ..phew ! and sit tight till he/she has to make that giant effort next month :)

They don't even need to copy and paste. They can just change January to February to March and so on......and they should be done....

godbless
02-13-2007, 12:35 PM
Its not 245(i) and its not anything else. I strongly feel something fishy going on in the background. Things just can't stop moving like this. This looks like a big conspiracy especially against professionals from India. This is really getting frustrating and who knows if this is just their entire purpose. To frustrate people. Do they really need us here or want us to return? For how long this 2nd grade treatment to honestly living and tax paying brainy people will continue? This is humiliation folks!!!

rsayed
02-13-2007, 12:36 PM
"VB watching" every month is a waste of time, with absolutely nothing changing from the past year or so.

Until the CIR bill or any other form of relief is passed into law, priority date movement is going to remain a dream.

Guess, I should just pack my bags and go home......

god_bless_you
02-13-2007, 12:42 PM
E. EMPLOYMENT THIRD PREFERENCE VISA AVAILABILITY DURING THE COMING MONTHS

Little if any forward movement in the Employment Third preference category is expected in the near future. Recent discussions with both Citizenship and Immigration Services (CIS) and the Department of Labor indicate that the demand for numbers with pre-August 2002 priority dates is likely to be extremely high in the coming months as both agencies continue to work on their backlogs. This could easily cause a retrogression of the current Employment Third preference cut-off dates should that demand begin to materialize at CIS offices during the spring and summer months.

WaitingForMyGC
02-13-2007, 12:42 PM
Thank God !! Dates did'nt move back.

anandrajesh
02-13-2007, 12:48 PM
Thank God !! Dates did'nt move back.

I havent seen an ETERNAL OPTIMIST like you for a while. Seeing a Silver line in moment of darkness. :)

This whole VB is a joke. All the more reason to support the CORE who are fighting for ourselves.

dan19
02-13-2007, 12:50 PM
Friends,

Since they gave a prediction that the dates will not move anytime soon, we can atleast plan our future course.

Make this an opportunity to make serious decisions like whether you need to change jobs, change EB categories etc..

So don't get very disheartened by this bulletin.

senthil1
02-13-2007, 12:50 PM
There are lot of things contributed for this.
1. 195 k H1b from 2000 to 2003
2. In past it used to take 2 to 4 years for most of the people to clear labor and I 140. Now they are clearing backlogs so many thousands of approvals. Here most people are having bachlor degree. So EB3 is so high in numbers. Eb2 may backlog and some time and move fast as numbers are still less compared to Eb2
3. Labor substitution. Lot companies are selling labors. There were so many labor certifications were filed between 2000 to 2002.
4. More than 50% of H1b are Indians. So no suprise India is backlogged. China is much better position than India.

Its not 245(i) and its not anything else. I strongly feel something fishy going on in the background. Things just can't stop moving like this. This looks like a big conspiracy especially against professionals from India. This is really getting frustrating and who knows if this is just their entire purpose. To frustrate people. Do they really need us here or want us to return? For how long this 2nd grade treatment to honestly living and tax paying brainy people will continue? This is humiliation folks!!!

hopein07
02-13-2007, 12:59 PM
Family Based is moving forward except for F3 for Mexico and Phillipines.

EB 3 will retrogress even more:

vik123
02-13-2007, 01:25 PM
You are so right.I always wondered about this link in numbersusa.
http://www.numbersusa.com/hottopic/uscis.html

I am going to make major changes in my life.I will wait till end of this year then I am going to Europe probably,U.K. where spouse can also work.I will try to find better job over there rather than waiting for the visa bulletin every month.I don't want to spend golden years of my life in this G.C. queue where I can't change job and spouse can't work.No way

krishna.ahd
02-13-2007, 01:57 PM
Folks
This was expected and i beleive unitednations and berkleybee already mentioned/warned about the same.
Hang on there , we will reach the destionation , Be active , Support Core

bobzibub
02-13-2007, 04:54 PM
You are so right.I always wondered about this link in numbersusa.
http://www.numbersusa.com/hottopic/uscis.html

I am going to make major changes in my life.I will wait till end of this year then I am going to Europe probably,U.K. where spouse can also work.I will try to find better job over there rather than waiting for the visa bulletin every month.I don't want to spend golden years of my life in this G.C. queue where I can't change job and spouse can't work.No way

Back to Canada or Europe or something. Spouses can work in Europe/UK? Is there a site that details that?

They have a year to make significant changes. Otherwise I'm gone.

That doesn't mean don't fight for change here in the mean time, but this is just silly.

godbless
02-13-2007, 05:19 PM
I don't understand what r they upto and what r we upto. Our parents are not given the visitor visas, we are being charged fee to renew APs and EADs every year which is going to be increased manifold now, our spouses can't work, we find it difficult to travel when the AOS application is under process, we are made to contribute to the social security fund without even knowing if we will ever get that amount back, we are paying heavy taxes and in the end we are hoping for the CIR which is not in sight yet and which mostly talks about Illegals. Shame on them......

factoryman
02-13-2007, 05:21 PM
and senators. I did.
I don't understand what r they upto and what r we upto. Our parents are not given the visitor visas, we are being charged fee to renew APs and EADs every year which is going to be increased manifold now, our spouses can't work, we find it difficult to travel when the AOS application is under process, we are made to contribute to the social security fund without even knowing if we will ever get that amount back, we are paying heavy taxes and in the end we are hoping for the CIR which is not in sight yet and which mostly talks about Illegals. Shame on them......

yabadaba
02-13-2007, 05:24 PM
get over it. Forget about it. Invest your money..let it grow, buy a house reap that benefit...and just chill.

if ur spouse nags u...tell her to find a job since h4 is decoupled with h1b time. there are so many people i know that were nagged by their wife...in the end when they got gcs...the wives still dont do anything....now they say their kids need them.