PDA

View Full Version : I140 and changing jobs

nhgc
03-12-2007, 01:40 PM
I140 pending under EB3, non premium category with receipt date 2/1/07.
I have worked for my current company for 6 years. Currently in the 7th year of H-1B with 1 year extension until March 08.
I want to change jobs due to dissatisfaction with current work, and also due to possible future restructuring within company.

How can I change companies without having to go back or live overseas for 1 year and start the process all over again?

Thanks,

trump_gc
03-12-2007, 01:58 PM
Just make the switch,,thats it! Its that simple!! Make sure when u join the new company they file your perm asap and when u r in the 140 stage, you could work with your lawyer to port your old PD. AC21 has made life better!

dilbert_cal
03-12-2007, 02:08 PM
Just make the switch,,thats it! Its that simple!! Make sure when u join the new company they file your perm asap and when u r in the 140 stage, you could work with your lawyer to port your old PD. AC21 has made life better!

There are two ways :-

a) Get your H1 transferred and join a new company. You need to complete your new PERM and I-140 before Mar'08 to get your next extension. In this case, you cannot carry over your PD.

b) Wait for your I-140 to be approved. Once it is there, move on, and file your PERM/I-140. You should be able to get your next extension based on the approved I-140 unless it is revoked. Also, you can start your PERM in parallel while waiting for I-140. You can speed up your I-140 by moving it to PREMIUM processing - it involves another 1000 $ of cost. This way you can carry on your PD if you can get a copy of the I-140 when you leave.

There would be other ways too - folks here can enlighten you on the same and if there are any corrections in what I suggested you, they would gladly do it.