PDA

View Full Version : Need help on educational evaluation of my degrees

GC game plyr
03-16-2007, 10:10 PM
I am B. Com, BL from India and been working in the IT industry for the past 10years as IT Analyst. I am planning to apply under Eb2 and wondering on how to get my degrees evaluated?

I would appreciate any help from the Gurus on this forum.

:confused:

ns007
03-16-2007, 10:27 PM
There are good chance that your I-140 would get rejected if applied in EB2 since you have three year degree.

My advice, apply in EB3.

I am B. Com, BL from India and been working in the IT industry for the past 10years as IT Analyst. I am planning to apply under Eb2 and wondering on how to get my degrees evaluated?

Gravitation
03-17-2007, 09:11 AM
There are good chance that your I-140 would get rejected if applied in EB2 since you have three year degree.

My advice, apply in EB3.
Three years of work experience counts for one year of college. I'd say he has a shot.

Ramba
03-17-2007, 10:39 AM

You can apply an Eb2 140, only if you have 4 year Bachelor degree and 5 years experence in that field, and of course, job also must require that requirement. Fortunatly or unfortunatly you have a BL degree which is a 5 year degree after high school diploma. Therefore BL degree may qualify for a US eqv. bachelor degree. If you have about 5 years exp in law, probabaly you may apply EB2 in lawyer occupation. I do not know what other qualification required to practice law in USA. Howver your exp is not in law, it is very unlikly your EB2-140 will be approved for an IT position becuse your education & experience is no way qualify as advanced degree in IT field .

ns007
03-17-2007, 11:58 AM
not for EB2.

Please visit I-140 forum in immigrationportal.com. There are tons of people who's I-140 got rejected becuase they used combination (three year degree + experience) for EB2.

Three years of work experience counts for one year of college. I'd say he has a shot.