PDA

View Full Version : May visa bulletin

munnu77
04-13-2007, 09:21 AM
May visa bulletin will be here today(most prob.)..they r doing the 'cut and paste" of last bulletin right now..:D
any comments on new bulletin?

whoever
04-13-2007, 09:23 AM
I dont think there will be any movement for May and June. July could see a big movement.

chanduv23
04-13-2007, 09:26 AM
I dont think there will be any movement for May and June. July could see a big movement.

Forward or backward ???????????:D

Munna Bhai
04-13-2007, 09:36 AM
May visa bulletin will be here today(most prob.)..they r doing the 'cut and paste" of last bulletin right now..:D
any comments on new bulletin?

Today is friday and 13th, anything can happen. Let's wait for miracle...

fide_champ
04-13-2007, 09:39 AM
Today is friday and 13th, anything can happen. Let's wait for miracle...

are you hoping for any virus to corrupt their system and change everything to current?

munnu77
04-13-2007, 09:43 AM

july which year...???:D

dan19
04-13-2007, 11:08 AM
You mean which year the VB is coming :D

july which year...???:D

sands_14
04-13-2007, 12:02 PM
No visa bulletins till October2007
Thats what USCIS announced 2 weeks back
So stay cool:)

EkAurAaya
04-13-2007, 12:11 PM
its updated... no change!

dan19
04-13-2007, 12:11 PM
USCIS didnt announce that..Any links to the announcement?

No visa bulletins till October2007
Thats what USCIS announced 2 weeks back
So stay cool:)

rameshms
04-13-2007, 12:12 PM
May Visa Bulletin is out. EB3 ROW and Philippines seem to have moved by 1 year.

"Recent discussions have indicated that both the Citizenship and Immigration Services (CIS) and the Department of Labor still have a significant amount of cases in their backlog reduction efforts. As a result, the anticipated increase in demand has not yet materialized and may not for some time. Therefore, in an effort to maximize number use under the annual numerical limit, the Worldwide and Philippines Employment Third preference cut-off dates have been advanced by one year."

md_alien
04-13-2007, 12:14 PM
Linkified (http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_3219.html)

Gravitation
04-13-2007, 12:18 PM
http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_3219.html

eb3India
04-13-2007, 12:19 PM

"Recent discussions have indicated that both the Citizenship and Immigration Services (CIS) and the Department of Labor still have a significant amount of cases in their backlog reduction efforts. As a result, the anticipated increase in demand has not yet materialized and may not for some time. Therefore, in an effort to maximize number use under the annual numerical limit, the Worldwide and Philippines Employment Third preference cut-off dates have been advanced by one year."

good atleast something is moving,

congradulations ROW and Philis

nozerd
04-13-2007, 12:21 PM
This whole GC system is so unfavorably tilted and discriminatory towards Indians its unbelievable.
I also think its very unfair. I being EB3 India with PD of August 2001 is stuck whereas someone in my same category who is EB3 World who filed 2 yrs later than me is now elig to get greencard.
This f.... sucks. Stupid f system

BharatPremi
04-13-2007, 12:25 PM
"Chalo India" :)

rsayed
04-13-2007, 12:26 PM
What does this mean? That there are not as many approved labor cases as anticipated originally by the USCIS????

"F. VISA AVAILABILITY DURING THE COMING MONTHS

Recent discussions have indicated that both the Citizenship and Immigration Services (CIS) and the Department of Labor still have a significant amount of cases in their backlog reduction efforts. As a result, the anticipated increase in demand has not yet materialized and may not for some time. Therefore, in an effort to maximize number use under the annual numerical limit, the Worldwide and Philippines Employment Third preference cut-off dates have been advanced by one year.

Unless there is a significant increase in Employment demand, it will be necessary to continue this rate of movement during the upcoming months. Such movement could be expanded to include other chargeability areas and preference categories.

One consequence of rapid cut-off date advancement is the inevitable increase in demand for numbers as adjustment of status cases are brought to conclusion at CIS Offices. Such increased demand could have dramatic impact on the cut-off dates. Readers will be provided as much advance notice as possible should this occur."

GCard_Dream
04-13-2007, 12:27 PM
Well .. there you go. When I predicted few weeks ago that there will be a big jump in the priority dates, some of us came up with big speeches about how that thread was a big waste of time and the thread should be closed. The thread in fact was closed without any explanation. It appears that there has been several occasions where moderators are just closing the threads without any explanation.
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=3820

Here is my suggestion.. don't close the thread just because you can. At least give some explanation as to why any thread was closed. I know there are threads that talk about personal issues faced by members and if that's not acceptable then all threads dealing with personal issues should be closed.

What amazes me is that person closing the thread doesn't even want to mention his/her id. What a shame ..

Gravitation
04-13-2007, 12:32 PM

Even bigger news is that "Other Workers" have become Unavailable for the whole world.

It furthers strengthens the theory that good number of 245i's are EW category and not in the regular EB3 category.

This hypothesis is further supported by the fact that all EB3 dates have been sustained above May 1st for a few months now.

purgan
04-13-2007, 12:34 PM
India EB2 and EB3 categories still stuck...for the past 8 months now:mad:

nozerd
04-13-2007, 12:35 PM
This basicalkly means that too many cases are stuck in name check at I 140 and I 485 stage or that USCIS is not processing as fast as it ought to.
To give you an ex I have a friend with PD of Dec 1998 (original case not substitution) whose I 485 is stuck in name check., My friend is not a Muslim. There could be many others too.

What does this mean? That there are not as many approved labor cases as anticipated originally by the USCIS????

"F. VISA AVAILABILITY DURING THE COMING MONTHS

Recent discussions have indicated that both the Citizenship and Immigration Services (CIS) and the Department of Labor still have a significant amount of cases in their backlog reduction efforts. As a result, the anticipated increase in demand has not yet materialized and may not for some time. Therefore, in an effort to maximize number use under the annual numerical limit, the Worldwide and Philippines Employment Third preference cut-off dates have been advanced by one year.

Unless there is a significant increase in Employment demand, it will be necessary to continue this rate of movement during the upcoming months. Such movement could be expanded to include other chargeability areas and preference categories.

One consequence of rapid cut-off date advancement is the inevitable increase in demand for numbers as adjustment of status cases are brought to conclusion at CIS Offices. Such increased demand could have dramatic impact on the cut-off dates. Readers will be provided as much advance notice as possible should this occur."

nozerd
04-13-2007, 12:45 PM
So why isnt EB3 India moving at all ?

Even bigger news is that "Other Workers" have become Unavailable for the whole world.

It furthers strengthens the theory that good number of 245i's are EW category and not in the regular EB3 category.

This hypothesis is further supported by the fact that all EB3 dates have been sustained above May 1st for a few months now.

glus
04-13-2007, 12:49 PM
Looks like for the ROW the EB3 moved by a year. In march it was for August 2002 and in April it is for August 2003. That good for some folks who are rest of world....like me. Still 2 years away for me......

rock945
04-13-2007, 12:56 PM
Also for Philippines it moved by 1 year..

Widget
04-13-2007, 12:58 PM
I am sure this is the right place to ask such questions but I could not find other thread to post my question.

When we file for I-485, what document do we need to attach to the I-485 form?

Do we need valid Passports?

dan19
04-13-2007, 01:01 PM
GCard_Dream,

I agree with you. I had also brought to the attention of the moderators about the restraint they need to exercise while closing threads.

Let people discuss about the visa movement dates as long as it doesn't harm/hurt others. Discussing/predicting visa dates is not against the wishes of the larger immigrant community as long as anti-social acts like betting is involved.

I again request the moderators to exercise their power with proper reasoning. If 1000 people wants a thread closed, it is not a proper reason for closing it.

I normally don't post predictions. But I read it sometimes. They will be a few people who post genuine opinions. Their views are sometimes helpful!

Just my thoughts. It's not against anyone.

Well .. there you go. When I predicted few weeks ago that there will be a big jump in the priority dates, some of us came up with big speeches about how that thread was a big waste of time and the thread should be closed. The thread in fact was closed without any explanation. It appears that there has been several occasions where moderators are just closing the threads without any explanation.

Here is my suggestion.. don't close the thread just because you can. At least give some explanation as to why any thread was closed. I know there are threads that talk about personal issues faced by members and if that's not acceptable then all threads dealing with personal issues should be closed.

What amazes me is that person closing the thread doesn't even want to mention his/her id. What a shame ..

glus
04-13-2007, 01:09 PM
I am sure this is the right place to ask such questions but I could not find other thread to post my question.

When we file for I-485, what document do we need to attach to the I-485 form?

Do we need valid Passports?

In general a person who is in the US should have a valid and unexpired passport at all times. In addition, there is a whole loooooong list of documents that you attach to the I485- your attorney should advise you on this. The most important once for employment based immigration are documents showing legal status up until the I485 application and current offer letter from your company. There are many many more documents you need to provide...search the net for the necessary documents...

GCard_Dream
04-13-2007, 01:28 PM
.. and how exactly do you know that I didn't participate? did you just look in to your crystal ball and it magically gave you a list of people who didn't call their lawmaker? I may not have posted any update in that thread but I did call my 2 senators.

If you think that I have to give you a daily update in writing on what I am doing everyday to support IV, you are up for a surprise because that isn't happening. Before you criticize others, at least think.

By the way, you don't own IV or this forum so please don't act like everyone needs your permission before posting anything on this forum.

All I am saying is that if there is a good reason to close a thread, just say so. Just give a one liner explanation and everyone is happy but I am not sure if that's too difficult for you understand.

You did not even take part in the call the lawmakers drive. Likewise others complaining on this thread also do not have a single post in calling the lawmakers thread. You can happily do your predctions on your own websites, but on this websites you should allow people to seriously do focussed IV work.

Jayr
04-13-2007, 01:52 PM
Under predictions for the following months, it is noted that the demand for numbers has not materialized because of persistent backlog. To move things forward they have moved ahead the dates for ROW and the Phillipines. They have also stated that in the future months, they may continue this to include other areas and preference categories. This sounds like good news for those who have their labor certification completed. They also add a caveat that this advancement of dates may lead to eventual sudden and significant backlog in the future when the demand for numbers does materialize (read: when the backlog is actually cleared)

ItIsNotFunny
04-13-2007, 02:04 PM
I guess they are on their way to make ROW current in all categories. Good news for ROW, not encouraging news for India & China annddddddddd Mexico too!

GotGC??
04-13-2007, 02:06 PM
As two of the more senior members on this forum, please set a good example for others...not this.

Whatever dude!

Don't vent your anger on me; vent it on the immigration system. Like you I also have a right to say whatever I feel. If moderators feel it is against the forum guidelines they can delete my posts or threads and I am fine with this. This is called discipline and respect for system and authority. We are using someone's property when we post on this forum. We do not own it.

In your office do you ask your CEO/VPs to first send you a one liner explaination before he takes a decision on your project? Think about it

Gravitation
04-13-2007, 02:09 PM
So why isnt EB3 India moving at all ?
'cause almost all India EB3 visa numbers for this year are gone.

GCard_Dream
04-13-2007, 02:09 PM
so you don't see a difference in how a private organization and a non-profit organization operates. Well here are some:

1. In your office, you are actually working for your boss and you are getting paid to do what they want you to do. I don't remember getting any pay check from IV. In fact, I have written several checks to IV. This doesn't mean I can post whatever I want but as long as I am following IV guidelines, I shouldn't get harassed by folks like you who think that their post is the only important post.

2. If you don't do what you are told at work, they'll fire your a&& and you wouldn’t know how to pay your bills next month. That's why the CEO or your boss don't have to send you a one liner before they take any decision.

As far as I know, IV is just a group of people coming together to address a problem which is shared by all members. I know that some people have worked harder than others and some people have contributed more than others but everyone has contributed one way or the other. So for you to come out and say that you are the only one doing all the work and others are just doing nothing and some how you are the CEO of this organization is just beyond my imagination. May be it's time you wake up and smell the coffee.

In your office do you ask your CEO/VPs to first send you a one liner before he takes a decision on your project? Think about it

payur
04-13-2007, 02:10 PM
By clicking the below link please send email to your senators, all you need is to give your contact info and the email will be sent to the corresponding senators in your area.

http://capwiz.com/aila2/issues/alert/?alertid=9615496

gg_ny
04-13-2007, 02:43 PM
My GC application is buried somewhere, had a vey bad week at work with piling up workload and closing on deadlines, my child as a cold, my neighbor's dog has an infection that shows up smelling foul in my front porch, it is going to snow and rain this weekend, May visa bulletin is released, EB-2 India has not moved up; topping all these there are some nimcompoohs here fighting out in a public forum about how incapable we all are to change the federal laws! God, have some mercy. Give some time to IV moderators and me some power to permanently ban these people to write to any immigration forums I read. At least give me my GC soon so I don't visit IV as often I do now and come across these kinds.

As two of the more senior members on this forum, please set a good example for others...not this.

nk2006
04-13-2007, 02:49 PM
This is almost has bad as adding 200,000 Indians for no reason.

What do you mean?

Saw your signature too...who are begging you. You are so dertmined not to contribute to IV but are scouting for information and express your stupid opinions.

nageshwarraoj
04-13-2007, 02:50 PM
Visa Bulletin is already there for May 07 and no changes and you are correct cut and paste except for Phillipines I think.

Nag

ItIsNotFunny
04-13-2007, 02:54 PM

As I said on previous post. You get bonus marks :) :) :)

ItIsNotFunny
04-13-2007, 02:55 PM
'cause almost all India EB3 visa numbers for this year are gone.

No. In that case they mark it as "U" unavailable.

ItIsNotFunny
04-13-2007, 02:56 PM
Whatever dude!

Don't vent your anger on me; vent it on the immigration system. Like you I also have a right to say whatever I feel. If moderators feel it is against the forum guidelines they can delete my posts or threads and I am fine with this. This is called discipline and respect for system and authority. We are using someone's property when we post on this forum. We do not own it.

In your office do you ask your CEO/VPs to first send you a one liner explaination before he takes a decision on your project? Think about it

Calm down guys. Just chill and think what to do next ....

lsuk
04-13-2007, 03:51 PM
Good news for some of us guys! They are now processing August 1, 2003 :) It moved 1 year forward.

senthil
04-13-2007, 04:26 PM
go out n enjoy the week end

indianindian2006
04-13-2007, 04:50 PM
Looking at this latest bullet from USCIS it feels that Eb3 and even Eb2 Indians and illegals have only hope in CIR.What a sad state for indians.

EdGMan
04-13-2007, 05:49 PM
Hi everyone,

Have a lot of patience my wife and I have been patiently waiting for this and now it's finally here.

We've been here in different situations below....

Myself
1997 - H1B
2000 - LC filing
2001 - LC cancelled by company because of 911. If company responded to RFE, Labor could have been certified.
2006 - Laid off while on 9th yr of H1
2007 - Back on H1 transfer

Spouse
1998 - H1B
2001 - Filed LC because my company cancelled LC
2003(Mar) - PD
2005(Sep) - LC approved
2005(Dec) - I-140 approved
2007(Apr) - Can file AOS/EAD now

The secret.....

PRAY, PRAY, PRAY. Nothing beats it.

To those who don't know, it took Noah 120 yrs. of faith and hope to built his arc when he was asked to, by Our Heavenly Father.

Regards and CONRATULATIONS to all who can file AOS and EAD now.

More power to IV team.

eb3India
04-13-2007, 06:06 PM
hey guys I think its OK now to call IV as Indian organization with this bulltin and per their statement there is a good chance that ROW will move ahead and we will be stuck EB3 India in particular

franklin
04-13-2007, 09:44 PM
hey guys I think its OK now to call IV as Indian organization with this bulltin and per their statement there is a good chance that ROW will move ahead and we will be stuck EB3 India in particular

If you don't stop saying comments like this, you'll totally alienated people like me. It is a global issue, doesn't matter where you are from. People from all nationalities are affected. Oh guess what, it wasn't just Indian nationals who saw no movement.

Or, if you truly feel this way, I'll take my donations elsewhere, and I'll stop meeting with lawmakers on everyone's behalf.

cram
04-13-2007, 10:33 PM
I can now finally file my I-485 with my PD of Oct 2002. Can somebody please tell me the GC processing time frame? Thanks.

sweet_jungle
04-14-2007, 02:13 AM
so, now they have bumped up EB3 ROw, does that mean they will bump up EB2 or EB3 India next month? The fact that EB2 and EB3 India are stuck, does it mean these categories have already reached their per country annual limits?

vadik78
04-14-2007, 09:34 AM
so, now they have bumped up EB3 ROw, does that mean they will bump up EB2 or EB3 India next month? The fact that EB2 and EB3 India are stuck, does it mean these categories have already reached their per country annual limits?

Judging by the 1-year leap for RoW, the priority date for ROW should have being moving throughout the year. Maybe the same situation here - they just cannot count, and are going to waste some visas at the year-end.

whoever
04-14-2007, 09:39 AM
China eb3 may move but not india eb3. there are too many of them. i dont think there will be any cir or things like it passed this year. there is already however several bills writting to resolve but with eb3 world and rest doing just fine, why would the congress want to do something for india. i would be very surprised if they did

alisa
04-14-2007, 12:18 PM
I hope your prayers bring you peace in your life.
However, prayers might be good only for that. What I say below is directed to people in general, and not to you. So, please don't get offended. I am not suggesting in any way that you are not making any concrete efforts to support IV.

I bet a lot of people are praying very very hard for their greencards.
I would like to request them to invest in concrete steps. Give monetary support to IV. Form, or join, a local state chapter. Go meet a lawmaker or his staff. Call them up and talk to their staff. Pray only if you have done all or some of the above. As they say, God helps those who help themselves. Keep up your end of the bargain, and then ask God (of the Holy Flying Spaghetti Monster, or whatever) for help.

Hi everyone,

Have a lot of patience my wife and I have been patiently waiting for this and now it's finally here.

We've been here in different situations below....

Myself
1997 - H1B
2000 - LC filing
2001 - LC cancelled by company because of 911. If company responded to RFE, Labor could have been certified.
2006 - Laid off while on 9th yr of H1
2007 - Back on H1 transfer

Spouse
1998 - H1B
2001 - Filed LC because my company cancelled LC
2003(Mar) - PD
2005(Sep) - LC approved
2005(Dec) - I-140 approved
2007(Apr) - Can file AOS/EAD now

The secret.....

PRAY, PRAY, PRAY. Nothing beats it.

To those who don't know, it took Noah 120 yrs. of faith and hope to built his arc when he was asked to, by Our Heavenly Father.

Regards and CONRATULATIONS to all who can file AOS and EAD now.

More power to IV team.

alisa
04-14-2007, 12:22 PM
Sorry about my ignorance. I had made an incorrect statement confusing 'Other worker' category with EB-3. I deleted that.

Anyways, this date will go back once the backlogs are eliminated. Just like they pulled 'Aug 03' out of their asses this month, they will pull another date in six more months.

Judging by the 1-year leap for RoW, the priority date for ROW should have being moving throughout the year. Maybe the same situation here - they just cannot count, and are going to waste some visas at the year-end.

whoever
04-14-2007, 12:31 PM
who are "other workers" category? i mean who qualify to be an "other worker"?

rsayed
04-14-2007, 12:34 PM
I remember I read this somewhere (on one of the forum threads on IV) - that the only dates movement (if any) for EB-2 (India) will be only during Oct'07 (when the new financial year begins).

Until then, I guess there is no point in checking these Visa Bulletins; Only difference is when one of the pro-immigrant Bills in the Senate or House get passed.

For now, best strategy is to follow IV Core's directives - they have always been on top of things (going by the past one year or so), and seem to know more than most of us.

franklin
04-14-2007, 02:42 PM
I bet a lot of people are praying very very hard for their greencards.
I would like to request them to invest in concrete steps. Give monetary support to IV. Form, or join, a local state chapter. Go meet a lawmaker or his staff. Call them up and talk to their staff. Pray only if you have done all or some of the above. As they say, God helps those who help themselves. Keep up your end of the bargain, and then ask God (of the Holy Flying Spaghetti Monster, or whatever) for help.

Hear Hear

Stop expecting someone else to get your results done! Pay - Join your state chapter - Volunteer! Stop whining about nothing happening and contribute in a tangible way to get something done!

I was at one of my congresswoman's office yesterday. She gave us lots of advice on how to promote our message.

GC08
04-14-2007, 09:08 PM
This is so depressing ...

Are they still talking about increasing H1Bs? That will create a bigger mess and those new H1Bs will have to wait 20 years before they can apply I485. Hopefully those who wish to come here as H1B will know the reality and won't be "trapped" as some of us have.

If they are still coming, that would be... well... hopeless. :rolleyes:

Widget
04-15-2007, 11:25 AM
Thanks

In general a person who is in the US should have a valid and unexpired passport at all times. In addition, there is a whole loooooong list of documents that you attach to the I485- your attorney should advise you on this. The most important once for employment based immigration are documents showing legal status up until the I485 application and current offer letter from your company. There are many many more documents you need to provide...search the net for the necessary documents...

jettu77
04-16-2007, 08:12 AM
http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_3219.html

ItIsNotFunny
04-16-2007, 09:34 AM
http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_3219.html

You are too early to post this :)

Gravitation
04-16-2007, 09:39 AM
I was at one of my congresswoman's office yesterday. She gave us lots of advice on how to promote our message.

Post that advice here.

lfadgyas
04-16-2007, 12:19 PM
EB3:
it was moved with 1 (one) year from AUG-01-2002 to AUG-01 2003 - was it? Or they just entered wrongly???

gc4me
04-16-2007, 01:10 PM
Unexpected big jump for EB3 ROW. But I will take it. :D

EB3:
it was moved with 1 (one) year from AUG-01-2002 to AUG-01 2003 - was it? Or they just entered wrongly???

lfadgyas
04-16-2007, 05:42 PM
:cool: Yeah, wait till the next one.

glus
04-16-2007, 10:04 PM
:cool: Yeah, wait till the next one.

If the jump were a mistake, then the visa dates would be corrected immediately and there would a an official notice of the mistake.

gc4me
04-16-2007, 10:23 PM
It is not a mistake. Logically, ROW eb3 should not even be retrogressed.
EB3:

amslonewolf
04-17-2007, 08:06 PM
I have a EB3 India PD of May 2002.. That said, the snippet in the visa bulletin sounds very promising..

franklin
04-17-2007, 08:52 PM
I have a EB3 India PD of May 2002.. That said, the snippet in the visa bulletin sounds very promising..

It does sound promising, unless you are still stuck in the BECs... Then, not so

liorsal
04-17-2007, 09:01 PM
what is BEC?

bostonqa
04-18-2007, 12:19 AM
Lost in the big hoopla of 1 yr jump and hopes of similar advancement for others in May VB are the following facts.

1. USCIS is about to raise fees for all immigration related procedures beginning from June 1st
2. Visa quota ends in September and it takes on an average of 4-6 months to process I-485.
Let me detail 2nd step. If they move dates forward by say 1 yr and thousands become eligible for 485. They will accept those cases, get fees from those lucky souls and make the dates unavailable after 1-2 months. Remember last year they were moving dates by 6 months till they made it UNAVILABLE for August and September.

munnu77
04-18-2007, 09:22 AM
what is BEC?

Backlog Elimination centre

gc4me
04-18-2007, 09:53 AM
I will take it :D
In that case, at least you will have your EAD and AP and can change your blood sucking deshi consulting company after 180 days and can peruse better employment opportunities.

Lost in the big hoopla of 1 yr jump and hopes of similar advancement for others in May VB are the following facts.

1. USCIS is about to raise fees for all immigration related procedures beginning from June 1st
2. Visa quota ends in September and it takes on an average of 4-6 months to process I-485.
Let me detail 2nd step. If they move dates forward by say 1 yr and thousands become eligible for 485. They will accept those cases, get fees from those lucky souls and make the dates unavailable after 1-2 months. Remember last year they were moving dates by 6 months till they made it UNAVILABLE for August and September.

sukhyani
04-18-2007, 05:43 PM
I will take it :D
In that case, at least you will have your EAD and AP and can change your blood sucking deshi consulting company after 180 days and can peruse better employment opportunities.

I dont know how to do it therefore asking, can someone start a poll to see how many of our members became eligible for file for I485 after this movement in Visa numbers?

skakodker
04-24-2007, 10:23 AM
All the best everyone and may all your PDs become current right away.
I am going back to the homeland.

Can't believe I put my life on hold for this long.
I feel free again to do as I choose.
Just imagining never having to track a visa date ever again makes me feel at peace.
A slave no more for a country that so willingly gives up so much in the name of false security.

Getting used to driving on the other side should be fun!

Take care!