PDA

View Full Version : Internal Transfer after I-140

WFGC2006
04-13-2007, 05:54 PM
All,

My friend works as an internal auditor within a big 4 acccounting firm. His practice is doing quite badly. As there are tons of different practices within this firm, he is thinking about transferring. But his PERM was filed for the internal audit manager position and his I-140 has alreday been approved. If he transfers to a function unrelated to internal audit within his firm (e.g. external audit, tax, fraud, etc.), would there be a problem?

Can anyone here provide some guidance or point him to the right discussion thread?

Thanks!!!

fromnaija
04-13-2007, 06:18 PM
IF he transfers to a function that is significantly different than his approved labor certification he may have to restart his GC application by filing a new LC application. However, since GC is for future job and if his employer will agree for him to go back to his previous practice then he may continue with current GC process and change when 485 is approved.

All,

My friend works as an internal auditor within a big 4 acccounting firm. His practice is doing quite badly. As there are tons of different practices within this firm, he is thinking about transferring. But his PERM was filed for the internal audit manager position and his I-140 has alreday been approved. If he transfers to a function unrelated to internal audit within his firm (e.g. external audit, tax, fraud, etc.), would there be a problem?

Can anyone here provide some guidance or point him to the right discussion thread?

Thanks!!!

Cheran
04-14-2007, 06:24 AM
This is an option given to me by my lawyer - I can change job within my company to a differenct category, even though Green Card Process has to be restarted, we can port the priority date. So it is an option....

All,

Thanks!!!