PDA

View Full Version : Start date with new employer

babu123
04-27-2007, 04:04 PM
Company B applied H1B tranfer petition for me two weeks back. Our documents went to USCIS, and we didnt received receipt notice yet. To my surprise the filing fee check is also not yet encashed.

Can anyone of you please let me know, if I can start working with company B now or wait until we get the receipt notice. What is the USCIS guidelines with the start date during H1B transfer.

fromnaija
04-27-2007, 04:49 PM
Many people wait until they at least receive the receipt notice but nothing stops you from starting with the new employer as soon as the petition is submitted (you may need to provide proof of this submission) as per AC21.

(I am not an attorney so please contact your lawyer for confirmation)

Company B applied H1B tranfer petition for me two weeks back. Our documents went to USCIS, and we didnt received receipt notice yet. To my surprise the filing fee check is also not yet encashed.

Can anyone of you please let me know, if I can start working with company B now or wait until we get the receipt notice. What is the USCIS guidelines with the start date during H1B transfer.

babu123
04-28-2007, 08:21 AM
Do you have any link where the guidelines are?

Munshi75
04-28-2007, 09:00 AM
Check with your attorney first about your paper and make sure that it is still not sitting on his table in the pile of papers.