PDA

View Full Version : 8 more years even with CIR & SKIL?

manderson
04-30-2007, 01:11 PM
According to the WSJ Article today (4/30/07):
Eight (years) refers to the number of years designated to clear the backlog of pending applications for permanent residency documents, or "green cards," from persons abroad or living here with a legal work visa. ... the application backlog would be confined to people who applied before May 2005, when major immigration legislation was introduced in the Senate in the last Congress

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=3900&page=49

:confused:
I am on EB3 RW with PD of Feb 06. Does this mean even after CIR + SKIL passes and gets enacted, causing PDs to move forward significantly or become current in some categories and allowing us to file 485 & EAD... we have to wait 8 more years in preadjucation/ FBI name check delays/ Service Center Application backlogs (current NSC backlogged to Sept 06 for EB based 485)?

I am really freaked out. Can someone please shed some light on this.

(I posted this in another forum, but it seems that was shutdown. It's also on News Articles thread - but since that's for news only I wasn't sure if my question would get answered there, so re-posting it. Admin(s), if you must delete this, atleast send me a PM with answer to me question if you know it. Thanks.)

pappu
04-30-2007, 01:17 PM
I was also taken aback initially when I read this. The 8 year wait doesnt apply to title 5. Title 5 already is designed to clear the backlog of EB immigration from 6 years to 0/at best minimum since quota is increased and there are exemptions. The 8 year backlog refers to family based.

manderson
04-30-2007, 01:19 PM
I was also taken aback initially when I read this. The 8 year wait doesnt apply to title 5. Title 5 already is designed to clear the backlog of EB immigration from 6 years to 0/at best minimum since quota is increased and there are exemptions. The 8 year backlog refers to family based.

Thnx agan!!

485Mbe4001
04-30-2007, 01:28 PM
... does it imply that you can work abroad while your work GC is being processed... speculation, no doubt:rolleyes:

According to the WSJ Article today (4/30/07):
Eight (years) refers to the number of years designated to clear the backlog of pending applications for permanent residency documents, or "green cards," from persons abroad or living here with a legal work visa. ... the application backlog would be confined to people who applied before May 2005, when major immigration legislation was introduced in the Senate in the last Congress

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=3900&page=49

:confused:
I am on EB3 RW with PD of Feb 06. Does this mean even after CIR + SKIL passes and gets enacted, causing PDs to move forward significantly or become current in some categories and allowing us to file 485 & EAD... we have to wait 8 more years in preadjucation/ FBI name check delays/ Service Center Application backlogs (current NSC backlogged to Sept 06 for EB based 485)?

I am really freaked out. Can someone please shed some light on this.

(I posted this in another forum, but it seems that was shutdown. It's also on News Articles thread - but since that's for news only I wasn't sure if my question would get answered there, so re-posting it. Admin(s), if you must delete this, atleast send me a PM with answer to me question if you know it. Thanks.)

gcnirvana
04-30-2007, 01:37 PM

I was shocked as well, when I read about that in the other thread. Thanks for clarifying this Pappu!

GCAmigo
04-30-2007, 02:44 PM
I was shocked as well, when I read about that in the other thread. Thanks for clarifying this Pappu!

shocked to learn that the wait is getting longer! now I am truly SHOCKED!
"Jo poora doob gava, usko thandee nahin laagva re!"
poorly translates to english "Does it get any colder, for one who is already drowned?"

gcnirvana
04-30-2007, 02:56 PM
shocked to learn that the wait is getting longer! now I am truly SHOCKED!
"Jo poora doob gava, usko thandee nahin laagva re!"
poorly translates to english "Does it get any colder, for one who is already drowned?"
Shocked to learn that even after CIR or SKIL passes, we will have to wait 8 yrs to get our GCs. If that wasn't shocking I wonder what else would be:confused:
In your example, its like saving him from drowning, giving him first aid and then throwing him to the sharks!!!

GCAmigo
04-30-2007, 03:05 PM
reality 'bites'.. I said 'drowned' .. so there is no 'saving' from 'drowning' in this case.. what you mentioned applies to people who are still afloat clinging on for dear life..

P.S. just continuing the thread for fun.. no offence meant.. you are welcome to ignore my comment..

rsayed
04-30-2007, 04:09 PM

...Now, THAT was quite a scare! Thx. for the clarification.