PDA

View Full Version : How much time it will take to clear all the backlog GC cases IF the CIR bill passes

jamesingham
05-06-2007, 01:23 PM
I am about to start my GC processing under EB3 category. I know my chances are extremely extremely slim. I am filing for GC hoping that CIR or some other bill to clear GC backlog passes.

My question is .. How much time would it take to clear all the pending GC cases once the bill is passed ?

I am assuming 2 years. Am I correct ?

I read somewhere on the internet that a similar situation arised in the past (may be year 2000 or 2001), and when a bill was passed to clear the backlog, after few months (for bill signing and other paperwork) everyone with I-140 approvals were eligible to apply for I-485.

Is the situation that exists today any different than it was in year 2000 or 2001 ?

Any comments will be greatly appreciated.

anirudh74
05-06-2007, 01:24 PM
Expect wait time of 3-4 years.

rsayed
05-06-2007, 01:40 PM
I am about to start my GC processing under EB3 category. I know my chances are extremely extremely slim. I am filing for GC hoping that CIR or some other bill to clear GC backlog passes.

My question is .. How much time would it take to clear all the pending GC cases once the bill is passed ?

I am assuming 2 years. Am I correct ?

I read somewhere on the internet that a similar situation arised in the past (may be year 2000 or 2001), and when a bill was passed to clear the backlog, after few months (for bill signing and other paperwork) everyone with I-140 approvals were eligible to apply for I-485.

Is the situation that exists today any different than it was in year 2000 or 2001 ?

Any comments will be greatly appreciated.

Quite honestly, NO ONE can predict accurate wait times. Even, if some form of Bill gets through - it is anybody's guess as to how much time any of us will have to wait in order for us to be able to file our 485s'.

Expect to wait for a long time...

sbabunle
05-06-2007, 02:03 PM
No one can predict at this point of time. The optimism
is thinning every day. So far nobody could come up
with anything that is agreeable.

Our best friend Sen. Sessions is trying his best
to distroy any bill. Now he is trying to propose and
implement a point based system. Who know when
the point base system is ready for discussion he
will propose a DNA based system....

So my friend I'm scared to hope on immi
sector. Good luck to you

-babu

drirshad
05-06-2007, 04:52 PM
Use the letter to modify for our cause, May 14 is the start day for CIR discussion in Senate ......

http://capwiz.com/justiceforimmigrants/issues/alert/?alertid=9714021&queueid=[capwiz:queue_id]

U.S. SENATE TO CONSIDER IMMIGRATION LEGISLATION

CONTACT YOUR SENATORS TODAY

U.S. SENATE TO CONSIDER IMMIGRATION LEGISLATION

Background. Democratic and Republican Senators, along with the Bush Administration, are currently negotiating compromise immigration reform legislation which could be considered on the floor of the U.S. Senate beginning the week of May 14. Should these negotiations falter, the Democratic leadership could choose to bring the STRIVE Act, or a similar bill, to the floor for immediate consideration. It is important that you contact your Senators in the next few days and ask for their support for a just and humane immigration reform bill.

USCCB Position. The United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB) and other organizational members of the Justice for Immigrants (JFI) Campaign are working to ensure that any compromise immigration legislation includes the principles set forth by the U.S. bishops. Any legislation which would warrant USCCB support would include:
1. a legalization program for the undocumented which includes family unity and a realistic path to citizenship;
2. a new worker program with worker protections and a path to citizenship; and
3. the preservation of family reunification as a cornerstone of our immigration system and the elimination of family backlogs and waiting times.

To contact your Senators, call 202-224-3121. The sample letter can be accessed via the JFI website at www.justiceforimmigrants.org or can be faxed to the Senators’ offices. Use link below to Email the Senators.

http://capwiz.com/justiceforimmigrants/issues/alert/?alertid=9714021&queueid=[capwiz:queue_id]

rajuram
05-06-2007, 10:27 PM
when will the house take up the bill, every one is focusing on the senate.

Last year house shot it down. hope this doesnot happen this time.

senthil1
05-07-2007, 01:42 AM
Sen Sessions is not only person who is opposing Cir/skil.There are many people in the Senate are opposing. Everyone knows that congress is evenly divided on immigration. But 10 Senators can make a big difference if some compromise bill is introduced. So anything can happen in next 2 months in immigration. Sometimes short time is advantage as they may pass bill in a hurry and lot of provisions may be passed without big visiblity.

No one can predict at this point of time. The optimism
is thinning every day. So far nobody could come up
with anything that is agreeable.

Our best friend Sen. Sessions is trying his best
to distroy any bill. Now he is trying to propose and
implement a point based system. Who know when
the point base system is ready for discussion he
will propose a DNA based system....

So my friend I'm scared to hope on immi
sector. Good luck to you

-babu