PDA

View Full Version : Need Some Help on I-485 Question


krishna_777
05-08-2007, 02:42 PM
I am currently on the H1B 7th Year Extension with I-140 Approved stage from the existing company. My Priority date is Oct 2001 under India EB3. I will be moving to the fortune company starting from next month and they are ready to sponsor my green card with existing priority date. I got the copy of the 140 from my existing company and submitted the same to the new one.

Couple of days I read in the immigration articles that EB2 & EB3 dates for India may move little bit during the summer months starting from June. In that case, what are the options available for me for filing I-485 if my dates becomes current.

Can I request my old company to file for I-485 and move to new company on H1?? Or can I contact an attorney for filing my I-485 with my current documentation and work with new company on H1??

Any help and guidence on this is really appreciated. I want to exercise all the possible options when the dates are becoming current for me. If I want to file the green card from the new company, I need to wait for 6 - 9 months. However, they will use the old priority date for filing the Labor & 140.

Please help & guide me on this.

purplehazea
05-08-2007, 02:59 PM
How can you change jobs if you have not filed for I485 and it has not been pending for >6months?
If you change jobs you will have to start green card process again.
If you stay with your current company, and if PD becomes current in summer, they can file for 1485 and then once your i485 is pending for >6 months you can try to change jobs using AC21.

Gurus step in and correct me if I am wrong.

All reliance on my opinion is at your own risk.

Good luck.