PDA

View Full Version : Does job location matter in PERM processing

wc_user
08-27-2009, 02:25 PM
My company is in a different state. I am consulting and hence working in a different state. Do we specify the job location in PERM application ? If yes, does it matter that I am working at a different location ? I am working on applying PERM in EB-2. Thanks.

nousername
08-27-2009, 08:10 PM
Yes it matters.

During my LCA my company moved 10 miles to another city which was in a different county and my attorney had to file for a new LC. In fact she also asked to mention any other location (like house if in different city) if that was applicable.

The main reason for that is salary level.

My company is in a different state. I am consulting and hence working in a different state. Do we specify the job location in PERM application ? If yes, does it matter that I am working at a different location ? I am working on applying PERM in EB-2. Thanks.

kris04
08-27-2009, 10:56 PM
Yes it matters.

During my LCA my company moved 10 miles to another city which was in a different county and my attorney had to file for a new LC. In fact she also asked to mention any other location (like house if in different city) if that was applicable.

The main reason for that is salary level.

Your statement is true only for the H1B visa, I guess the person who started this thread is asking about the opinion of starting GC process from the state where company is located, the answer to that query it is fine, because it is for future employment

regards

kris

bandoayan
08-27-2009, 11:32 PM
My PERM application had job location as " employers office and various client's site throughout US". The PERM was approved in EB2 without audit.

wc_user
08-28-2009, 02:26 PM
Thanks all for your response. Really appreciate it.