PDA

View Full Version : All Consular processing questions and discussions here

EkAurAaya
05-14-2007, 06:20 PM
Can someone please advice pros and cons, keeping in mind the forward movement of priority dates could be just for the month of June!

My 140 is still pending in NSC I have the option to quicky upgrade that to premium and then go for CP, what would be the course of action?

Also what are the wait times for CP in Mumbai India?

Thanks!

May we all get outa this mess :cool: and move on with life!
=======================
COMPARISON OF ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS VERSUS CONSULAR PROCESSING

The purpose of this page is to address the advantages and disadvantages of Adjustment of Status and Consular Processing. There are various factors that need to be considered, including the procedures, the cost, the time and the risks involved in each process.

I. TIME
Generally, Adjustment of Status Applications take about 12-15 months to be approved by the INS. In most cases, Consular Processing takes approximately 6 to 9 months, depending on which US Consulate is chosen.

II. CONSULATE NOTIFICATION
The decision to consular process often turns on the issue of whether the overseas consulate will accept an application without notification from the INS via the National Visa Center (NVC). At present only a handful of Consulates will accept such an application. The usual course calls for the INS to send notice of the approval of the I-140 to the NVC in Portsmouth, New Hampshire, which then notifies the particular consulate.

From time to time, an I-824 is required in order to Consular Process. In these scenarios, Consular processing takes in excess of one year and is almost never a good option. Because some consulates are realizing that the I-824 processing times at the Service Centers are unreasonably lengthy, several Consulates have opted to allow consular processing in their discretion without the requirement of the notification from the NVC. Under this process, the AC I-140 (attorney certified I-140), the attorney directly sends the Consulate a certified copy of the I-140 approval notice.

There are a few things to keep in mind if you choose the AC I-140 process. First, not all consulates recognize it. Second, some Consulates may later switch to an approach where they demand the I-824. Third, some of the consulates who do accept ACI-140 do so only on grounds of hardship, such as the aging out of a child.

III. 180 DAY PORTABILITY RULE
Persons whose I-485s have been pending at the INS for 180 days or longer are ordinarily eligible to transfer to a new employer without abandoning their I-485 Adjustment of Status Application. The rules surrounding the 180 Day Portability are new and can be complex. However, the Portability rule can provide great relief to employees who are concerned that future lay-offs or Reductions In Force may cause their permanent Residency Applications to fail. Because of several liberalized I-485 rules, it usually a poor choice to opt for Consular Processing.

IV. LOCAL ISSUES
Each consulate has its own nuances. Most U.S. Consulates require police certificates for all applicants 16 years or older covering all periods that they have resided in a foreign country. This requirement does not exist in the case of adjustment of status. The consular officers also require a certified copy of any military records, whereas this is not required in adjustment of status applications. The consulate in Manila will only accept birth certificates issued by the National Statistics Office. A person who does not have all the documents at the time of the interview will need to appear for a second interview.

In all cases however, the medical exams have to be completed by a designated doctor in that country. In London, the medical exams are completed the same day as the interview. However, in Johannesburg, Chennai, and Mumbai, the medical exams have to be completed at least two weeks before the interview. Essentially, this means the employee will need to spend approximately three weeks overseas or will require two trips overseas.

In most cases, interview notices are generated approximately 30 days prior to the actual interview. As a practical matter, families need to depart the U.S. immediately upon receipt of an interview notice in order to have plenty of time to complete the medical exam.

In addition to the general procedural differences between the two processes, there are more stringent requirements in consular processing. For example, it is generally easier to obtain waivers of certain medical grounds for exclusion, such as HIV, if you are Adjusting.

V. COSTS
Another issue that should be analyzed is the cost associated with each process. The major monetary difference is travel costs. Plainly, you only need to pay for a flight overseas if you are Consular processing. This can be burdensome and costly where there are several family members.

Another factor that may indirectly affect the costs to the employer and employee is the time that will be required to be spent outside of the United States. During the adjustment of status process, a person can continue their employment in the United States while the case is processing. In consular processing cases, they are required to be out of the U.S. for approximately a month, assuming no problems arise in their case. If problems do arise in their case, they may need to stay overseas longer than anticipated. Alternatively, they could, in most cases, come back to the U.S. but would need to travel to the consulate again for a follow-up interview. Obviously, this adds to additional time away from work and additional expenses. In addition, for employees who have school age children, this would require the child's absence from school.

VI. RISKS
The major factor in deciding whether to choose adjustment of status or consular processing is the risk involved. By far, consular processing is much more risky than the adjustment of status process. First, consular processing provides less opportunity for attorney assistance. In the adjustment of status process, the attorneys prepare the application and file it with the INS. If the INS has a Request for Additional Evidence or any issues in the case, the information is sent to the attorney at which time the attorney can review the issues with the client and submit a response. In consular processing, the consulates do not allow the person to be represented by an attorney during the interview. Sometimes the attorney can stay in the waiting room and address any questions that the applicant has, but is not allowed to actually represent them at the interview.

Second, consular processing involves a personal interview whereas the adjustment of status does not. Of course, any time that there is a personal interview, there is more risk that the applicant will say something unfavorable to his case. It also provides the officer with more time to go in depth into the applicant's immigration history or any issues of excludability. For example, if the employee's job title or job duties have changed at all since the filing of the labor certification then there is more of a chance that the consulate will focus on this issue and could deny the application. In contrast, in adjustment of status the INS does not delve into the exact job duties, (e.g. specific tools, utilities, software) but rather focuses on the job title, salary, and whether there is a continued offer of employment.

Third, consular officers sometimes work with a mindset of distrust because they are accustomed to seeing fraudulent cases. Keep in mind that Manila, Mumbai, and Chennai are high fraud posts.

Fourth, anyone who has been unlawfully present in the United States and is subject to the 3/10 year bar would immediately trigger that bar once he departed the U.S. Clearly, a person in this situation should not even consider consular processing as such as decision would be fatal.

Finally, and most importantly, a denial of a visa at a Consulate post cannot be appealed.

VII. EMPLOYMENT FOR SPOUSES
Spouses can obtain employment authorization while their Application for Adjustment of Status is pending at the INS. They are ineligible for work authorization while their Consular Processing Application is pending.

VIII. CONCLUSION
In sum, consular processing can be advantageous in some situations. However, the decision to do consular processing should be made on a case-by-case basis based upon the particular consulate and the facts of each case. Ordinarily, Adjustment of Status is the better approach.

sanju
05-14-2007, 06:49 PM
Can someone please advice pros and cons, keeping in mind the forward movement of priority dates could be just for the month of June!

My 140 is still pending in NSC I have the option to quicky upgrade that to premium and then go for CP, what would be the course of action?

Thanks!

Whatever you do, please do not go for CP. Because if the dates go back before the CP process is over, you will be stuck without work authorization card and I-131. Keep in mind that you will not be able to change job even after applying for CP. This is what I think. I am sure others on the forum will share with you more about the difference between CP and AOS.

kshitijnt
05-14-2007, 08:06 PM
What do you mean by upgrade to premium? I dont think you can change the option by simply upgrading. You need to file I-864 to change to consular processing.

There are a few options:

1. If you have chosen consular processing, ( I am guessing you have not), you can file I-485 and amended I-140 at any time PD becomes current.

2. If you chose AOS on I-140 and the I-140 is approved, some consulates accept attorney certified I-140 provided you pay the fees usually payable to NVC. Expect 3 months of delay in getting an appointment though.

Pros & Cons:

Consular:
You get your GC as against EADs endless loop.
You have to be with the same employer for atleast 180 days since the time you get your GC and you enter US using your GC.

AOS:
You and your spouse both get EAD. NO need to travel to foreign country.
You need to wait 180 days from filing 485 to change jobs (assuming 140 is approved, if not the case is more complicated).
More time consuming and longer duration.

The lawyers here will vouch for I-485 as it means more revenue for them. If you have a stable job where you are doing good and you are counting to get a promotion, etc go for consular processing instead of getting stuck with 485 process.

Thanks!

EkAurAaya
05-14-2007, 09:06 PM
What do you mean by upgrade to premium? I dont think you can change the option by simply upgrading. You need to file I-864 to change to consular processing.

There are a few options:

1. If you have chosen consular processing, ( I am guessing you have not), you can file I-485 and amended I-140 at any time PD becomes current.

2. If you chose AOS on I-140 and the I-140 is approved, some consulates accept attorney certified I-140 provided you pay the fees usually payable to NVC. Expect 3 months of delay in getting an appointment though.

Pros & Cons:

Consular:
You get your GC as against EADs endless loop.
You have to be with the same employer for atleast 180 days since the time you get your GC and you enter US using your GC.

AOS:
You and your spouse both get EAD. NO need to travel to foreign country.
You need to wait 180 days from filing 485 to change jobs (assuming 140 is approved, if not the case is more complicated).
More time consuming and longer duration.

The lawyers here will vouch for I-485 as it means more revenue for them. If you have a stable job where you are doing good and you are counting to get a promotion, etc go for consular processing instead of getting stuck with 485 process.

Thanks for your response.

I've a pending i-140 and I had opted for CP at that time (the lawyer adviced this as its easier to switch from CP to AOS)

I can upgrade i-140 premium to get an approval asap and then proceed with CP, but I'm not sure how long it will take for the CP process (any ideas?), I'm concerned the PD will retro again and I'll be stuck again with nothing in hand.

From your response CP looks like a better option but its too risky in my case correct?

apnair2002
05-14-2007, 09:12 PM
Once it is I40 is appoved it will go to national visa processing .. .Once the pd is current NVC will send a mail to you to pay the fees. Once they receive the fees they will send all the documents to consulate . Usually i think it is 45 days to 3 months depending upon your luck. After that consulate will call you for interview.

http://www.hooyou.com/consularprocess/faq.html

http://www.cptracker.com/

dilbert_cal
05-15-2007, 01:38 AM
What is your PD ?

My personal preference is for AOS as it gives me much more flexibility. ( EAD and AC21 )

EkAurAaya
05-15-2007, 10:15 AM
PD is March 2003, I'm also leaning towards AOS

As APNAIR2002 pointed out it could take 45 days to 3 months and luck has not been on my side in this matter :D up until yesturday

miguy
05-15-2007, 10:22 AM
How do I find out the processing dates for Montreal Consulate just in case I choose to go CP route.

EkAurAaya
05-15-2007, 10:35 AM
http://www.cptracker.com/

above site has montreal tracker (filter on consulate)

radhagd
05-15-2007, 10:36 AM
If you want you can file both AOS and CP simultaneously.

miguy
05-15-2007, 11:00 AM
I didn't know we could file for both simulataneously. I thought it is either one or the other. Can someone clarify?

radhagd
05-15-2007, 12:01 PM
check this statement by lawyer

"Depending upon where you are from, your home consulate may (most likely will) accept an application for consular immigrant visa processing. Go to the main ImmInfo.com site and read the article and other materials on "AC I-140" processing. Use the search feature if you can't otherwise find these materials.

You DO NOT have to abandon your AOS. It can continue while you pursue a consular application at the same time. When you get your green card via consular processing and return to the US, you can withdraw your AOS application at that time. Until then, it stays on file. You may use your AP and EAD while you are doing this.

We have process more than a thousand cases via this procedure. It is nothing exotic. Indeed, a substantial number of people who still visit this forum are former clients of ours who did this exact same procedure."
15300 Ventura Blvd., Suite 507
Sherman Oaks, CA 91403
Tel: 818-990-4922
Fax: 818-990-4964
ImmInfo.com
GotcherLaw.com

vik_tx
05-16-2007, 12:56 PM
now ..confirmed with two immigration attorneys.. this ruling goes into effect tomorrow.. they are all scrambling to file i140s on the last day!(today)

------------

Ok. This comes from a very reliable source.. but need some clarification from the experts out here...

1) No LC Substitutions
2) If one hasn't filed the I-140 within 45 days of receiving the approved labor certification, then he/she is SOL. This rule goes into effect tomorrow 5/18 and this may be applied retro-actively...i.e. If you have received an approved labor certification in the past 45 days and not filed yet.. you may have to re-file labor, as your approval is invalid!..

any ideas?

text from the ammendment-
In order to protect the integrity of the permanent labor certification
program, deter fraud, and comply with the Department's statutory obligation
to protect the wages and working conditions of U.S. workers, the Department
has determined a number of amendments are appropriate. The first amendment
would prohibit the substitution of alien beneficiaries on pending
applications for permanent labor certification and on approved permanent
labor certifications not yet filed with DHS. This amendment could, at least
to some degree, affect DHS's current practice of allowing U.S. employers to
substitute an alien through the filing of a new Form I-140 petition,
supported by a labor certification in the name of the original beneficiary.
The second amendment would require a permanent labor certification be filed
with DHS within 45 calendar days of the date it is certified by DOL. The
third amendment would prohibit the sale, barter, and purchase of
applications and approved labor certifications, as well as other related
payments. Finally, the Department is proposing enforcement mechanisms,
including debarment with appeal rights, to protect the integrity of the
permanent labor certification program and deter individuals or entities from
engaging in prohibited transactions or abusing the labor certification
process. The Department invites public comment regarding all aspects of each
of these proposed changes.

vik_tx
05-16-2007, 01:24 PM
now ..confirmed with two immigration attorneys.. this ruling goes into effect tomorrow.. they are all scrambling to file i140s on the last day!(today)

does any one have membership to the aila website.. I am curious to see whats posted behind the below link on the site..

Just Posted
DOL Final Rule on Substitutions and Other Labor Certification Issues
http://aila.org

moosh
05-18-2007, 01:59 AM
Hi
how long will take this process in canada and how much we have to pay for this part? my lawyer told me each person $380 USD.

amslonewolf
05-18-2007, 07:57 AM
My PD is April 2002 which has become current as per the june bulletin. My I-140 was approved in April 2007 and the NVC created the case on May 15th 2007.

I have opted for consular proceesing.

My questions is at what stage of the further processing do i get a visa number allocated ?

Is it when NVC sends the fee receipt to my attorney or is it when the case is transferred to the consulate ?

I just want to know at what stage now i become insulated from any possible retrogression in the coming months.

Any help much appreciated
thanks
I-140 approved: April 2007

amslonewolf
05-18-2007, 09:25 AM
From - http://www.hooyou.com/consularprocess/procedures.html

What are the steps in Consular Processing and estimated processing times?

The USCIS forwards the approved immigrant petition (the I-797 Notice of Action) to the National Visa Center (NVC) if the alien indicated his desire to apply for consular processing. Otherwise, he/she has to file a Form I-824 to request consular processing; (6-8 weeks)

The NVC sends an information and forms packet (Packet 3) to the alien when an immigrant visa number becomes available; (2-3 weeks assuming the immigrant visa number has become available)

The Alien and his family complete the Packet 3 and return it to the NVC; (2 weeks)

The NVC processes the Packet 3; (6-8 weeks)

The NVC notifies the State Department Visa Office of the completed Packet 3 processing and requests allocation of visa numbers for the alien and his family; and (2-4 weeks)

The NVC schedules an immigrant visa processing appointment for the alien and his family at the U.S. consulate which issues immigrant visa. (6-8 months) The alien must attend the appointment at the U.S. consulate abroad.

miguy
05-18-2007, 12:47 PM
I opted for the CP option as well. My I-140 was approved in Oct 06 and thats when my attorney received the package for Consular processing from NVC.
Although my PD is not current yet, my lawyer asked me to pay the fees so that they can send the packet back to NVC. I am not sure what to do as my PD is not current yet.

jazzy2
05-18-2007, 01:35 PM
hi sanju and others
is this true?
Because if the dates go back before the CP process is over, you will be stuck without work authorization card and I-131

the reason i'm asking is this: when i applied my PD is current. how can 485/ead/ap not be processed, when i know that the date i applied it was current, though it retrogressed after i applied?

Whatever you do, please do not go for CP. Because if the dates go back before the CP process is over, you will be stuck without work authorization card and I-131. Keep in mind that you will not be able to change job even after applying for CP. This is what I think. I am sure others on the forum will share with you more about the difference between CP and AOS.

immi2006
06-04-2007, 02:54 AM
Folks,

Go for 485, if you are not sure of your documents. I know someone who went there and who is still waiting due to Retrogression of dates to enter USA.

It is good for someone who does not mind staying outside of USA indefinately.

This is a note for all India based applicants

theMan
06-13-2007, 09:26 PM
Folks,
I don't remember many a choice at the stage of I140. I guess the lawyer made it for me. I did not bother to even find out more details, given the hopeless situation so far for EB3, India.
My I140 says " The above petition has been approved. We have sent it to the Department of State National Visa Center(NVC). The NVC processes all immigrant visa petitions that need consular processing. It also determines which consular post is the appropriate consulate to complete visa processing. The NVC will then forward the approved petition to the consulate"

From the above statement, it appears that this is Consular processing. Could someone confirm if this is indeed CP.
Any idea , what needs to be done to change it to AOS. Is this a good idea?

sethurama
06-14-2007, 12:24 AM
Even my 140 was filed with CP. My PD was current last month. I filed my 485 (AOS) last week. As per my attorney if CP is specified in your 140, you have 2 options. You can file CP or AOS. You can just file for AOS. No need to convert. But AOS is speicifed in your 140 and want to convert to CP. Thank you need to file some form.

ssinha63
06-14-2007, 12:50 AM
My son was on H4 and joined undergraduate course in Canada last year. He is Canadian permanent resident too. As per July VB, I can file for I-485. My question is:
1. Can I and my wife file I-485 as AOS and file I-824 to change AOS to CP for my son, so that he may file I-485 as CP from US Consulate, Montreal, Canada?
2. If not, what are the options?

Thanks!
ssinha63
PD Apr'04
I-140 approved

mbartosik
06-14-2007, 03:09 AM
Read the instructions on the I485.
You might only need a receipt notice for the I140 to file I485.
Makes sense since you can concurrent file I140 and I485 anyway.

I filed I485 two months ago, and seem to recall reading this on the instructions or elsewhere.

I would also do AOS not CP.

chisinau
06-14-2007, 03:37 AM
My PD is september 2006, I140 approved, DS230 approved, 3 packet approwed or not ( I am not sure, accordig to the last reply from the attorney my case could be even in the consulate), Before the retro began my case used to be a subject for schedule "A"( nurse), now I am in EB3...

The question is - will I receive my appointment to the interview soon(next month), because all forms have been accepted already, or I have to wait for all cases with PD older then mine to pass before my case???

One more question.
I am not in the US. Should I try to go to the US, and then(after 2 months) apply for I485, before the retro will start again in september??? Is it necessary to have I485 approved in order to receive legal status or it just have to be filled and applied? Will I lose my place in the consular processing after applying for the adjastment of status?

I know , too much questions, sorry for that but I am realy confused, and badly need your help and advice!

Thanks, all replies are appreciated!

ianlock
06-14-2007, 11:59 AM
So what do we think the time frame might be from the PD becoming curent, to the the packet 3 arring at you door?? how long does it normally take NVC to do this.

If it matters im EB-3 ROW
would be london Consulate
PD 19 June 2006.

Any ideas. i figured it would be a copuple of weeks before i heard anything.

What do you think.??

Ian.

theMan
06-14-2007, 04:29 PM
Even my 140 was filed with CP. My PD was current last month. I filed my 485 (AOS) last week. As per my attorney if CP is specified in your 140, you have 2 options. You can file CP or AOS. You can just file for AOS. No need to convert. But AOS is speicifed in your 140 and want to convert to CP. Thank you need to file some form.

Thanks for the update. I received the same answer from my attorney as well.

ianlock
06-14-2007, 05:39 PM
I opted for the CP option as well. My I-140 was approved in Oct 06 and thats when my attorney received the package for Consular processing from NVC.
Although my PD is not current yet, my lawyer asked me to pay the fees so that they can send the packet back to NVC. I am not sure what to do as my PD is not current yet.

How the hell did you get packet 3 from the NVC before you PD was current.??

I didnt think that was possable?

josecuervo
06-20-2007, 12:10 PM
Dear friends,
Can you please let me know if I can go for medical exam even before I receive packet 3 from NVC. I would like to save time. Appreciate any tips and pointers in this regard.

bluez25
06-26-2007, 08:05 PM
Guys,

There seems to be little outdated information on this forum.

1. We can not apply for the medicals if you have opted for the CP. You have to do medicals only in the place where your case will be transfered from NVC.
example: If your case is transferred to Chennai consulate. you have to do your medicals in chennai from the list of doctors they provide.

2. Once your I 140 gets approved, your application will be transferred to the NVC for further processing if you opted for the CP.

3. Once NVC receives the approved 140 it will then notify the attorney or yourself with Fee bills to be paid.

4. Once you send the cachiers check for the CP processing, NVC receives the same and send the Packet 3 which is the FORM DS 230 Part 1 to the attorney of records.

5. Once you receive the DS 230 Part 1, you will have to fill that and send it back to NVC.

6. NVC complets the proccessing and will keep the file at NVC until the Priority dates become current.

7. Once it becomes current, NVC forwards the case to the respective consulate for further processing and scheduling of appointments.

8. once the consulate receives the same depending on their appoinment schedule will schedule an appoinment and will go on from there.... issuing the visa..

With Respect to me...

My 140 got approved in jan 2007,
sent to NVC in march
NVC sent the fee bill in April
Sent the bills back to NVC in April.
Received packet 3 DS 230 part 1 in May 2007
sent the filled out form in May 2007,
NVC forwarded the case to chennai consulate on June 5th
Waiting to get any news from chennai consulate.....

Hope this clarifies every one in this forum

smmakani
06-28-2007, 11:50 PM
Is there anyone who got an appointment letter recently from Amercan Embassy, MUMBAI?

My interview is scheduled on 22nd Aug but not received letter yet.

sunny1000
06-29-2007, 12:08 AM
Is there anyone who got an appointment letter recently from Amercan Embassy, MUMBAI?

email the consulate. I heard that they are very prompt in replying.

please visit http://mumbai.usconsulate.gov/ivfaq.html#whenappt\

In the FAQ section it says:
--------------------------------------------------
My date is current, my case is in Mumbai, and I turned in my forms. How can I find out the appointment date?

We schedule immigrant visa appointments by the middle of each month for the following month. We send a letter to the address of record in each case.

We also post immigrant visa appointments on our web site every month. Please check currently scheduled appointments to see if you or your relative has an appointment in the near future. If a case number appears on this list but the applicant has not yet received an appointment letter, either the applicant or an authorized agent may pick up a Duplicate Appointment Letter from our Public Information window any business day between 9:30 and 10:30 a.m., except for Indian and American holidays.
--------------------------------------------
hope that helps.

jayz
06-29-2007, 12:18 AM

How did you know that an interview date has been set for Aug 22? I have contacted the embassy and am still waiting to hear from them beyond their auto-reply.

jayz
06-29-2007, 12:19 AM

Also could you share your EB type and PD? Are you here in the US or applying from India? Thanks for your help!

mantric
06-29-2007, 03:56 AM
bluez25,
thanks for the detailed post.
a question: after 140 approval, does the service center notify you of the approval and send you a copy, or do you only hear next from the NVC ? I'm waiting on my 140/CP filing for the last two weeks and getting a little anxious. Also when can one call up the NVC to confirm that they've received the file ? thanks a lot.

----
QUOTE=bluez25]Guys,

There seems to be little outdated information on this forum.

1. We can not apply for the medicals if you have opted for the CP. You have to do medicals only in the place where your case will be transfered from NVC.
example: If your case is transferred to Chennai consulate. you have to do your medicals in chennai from the list of doctors they provide.

2. Once your I 140 gets approved, your application will be transferred to the NVC for further processing if you opted for the CP.

3. Once NVC receives the approved 140 it will then notify the attorney or yourself with Fee bills to be paid.

4. Once you send the cachiers check for the CP processing, NVC receives the same and send the Packet 3 which is the FORM DS 230 Part 1 to the attorney of records.

5. Once you receive the DS 230 Part 1, you will have to fill that and send it back to NVC.

6. NVC complets the proccessing and will keep the file at NVC until the Priority dates become current.

7. Once it becomes current, NVC forwards the case to the respective consulate for further processing and scheduling of appointments.

8. once the consulate receives the same depending on their appoinment schedule will schedule an appoinment and will go on from there.... issuing the visa..

With Respect to me...

My 140 got approved in jan 2007,
sent to NVC in march
NVC sent the fee bill in April
Sent the bills back to NVC in April.
Received packet 3 DS 230 part 1 in May 2007
sent the filled out form in May 2007,
NVC forwarded the case to chennai consulate on June 5th
Waiting to get any news from chennai consulate.....

Hope this clarifies every one in this forum[/QUOTE]

va_12_2004
06-29-2007, 08:14 AM
Hi:
Lot of people get stuck in the name check in AOS, and many of them wait for at least 6 months. I am wondering if someone may get stuck in namcecheck and may have to wait for months in home country while doing cp?
Thanks

jayz
06-29-2007, 02:22 PM
Have anyone read this on Murthy site and care to opine?

bluez25
06-29-2007, 10:20 PM
Mantric,

Yes the service center will send your employer a curtesy copy and attorney the origial approval. Once you get the Feel bill letter and send the cachiers check, they will create a case and send the packet 3. in which you can find the NVC case number.

smmakani
06-29-2007, 11:05 PM
Also could you share your EB type and PD? Are you here in the US or applying from India? Thanks for your help!

Yes I am in US and I came to know through email. They also preponed my appointment date from Aug to July 25.

EB TYPE: 3
PD: OCT 2003

jayz
06-29-2007, 11:27 PM
Thanks Smmakani! Who did you email at Mumbai Consulate? (MUMBAI-IV) Do you think you can send me the email address?

moosh
07-01-2007, 11:58 PM
I appreciate if someone answerer my question. I am sure this information will help the others too.
1-I-140 approved
2-PD became current 2 months ago( according to VB website)
3-Still I did not received any letter regarding my approval and fees which I have to pay to begin CP
4-How long will take till I receive my interview?( in Montreal/ Canada)

Thank You

jayz
07-02-2007, 02:24 AM
US Consulate Mumbai published it's revised interview list for July. Quite a significant number of E3 cases has been scheduled.

factoryman
07-02-2007, 02:26 AM
Will appreciate a reply. I have a few more minutes to spare for today.
US Consulate Mumbai published it's revised interview list for July. Quite a significant number of E3 cases has been scheduled.

jayz
07-02-2007, 02:28 AM
You can find the link on the US Consulate website for Mumbai, under appointment information.

factoryman
07-02-2007, 02:33 AM
Listen buddy, I can google for each and everything. Then there is no point being here at IV. This is a focussed effort.

I see that you have just started to post., but see that you are smart.

Now move your ass, and provide a link.

You can find the link on the US Consulate website for Mumbai, under visa appointments.

gc_chahiye
07-02-2007, 03:11 AM
You can find the link on the US Consulate website for Mumbai, under appointment information.

http://mumbai.usconsulate.gov/interview_appt_schedule.html

here's the one for July [PDF]
http://mumbai.usconsulate.gov/uploads/images/9uRZDUAnEBKVs3LMDSI0ug/apptjuly07.pdf

yes tons of EB3s and just 2 EB2s. I guess this, and the information on trackers would make us think USCIS has cleaned up tons of EB3s from 2001-2003. I wish hey had cleaned up EB3-ROW too, so numbers from there can roll over into India...

jayz
07-02-2007, 02:20 PM
http://mumbai.usconsulate.gov/interview_appt_schedule.html

here's the one for July [PDF]
http://mumbai.usconsulate.gov/uploads/images/9uRZDUAnEBKVs3LMDSI0ug/apptjuly07.pdf

yes tons of EB3s and just 2 EB2s. I guess this, and the information on trackers would make us think USCIS has cleaned up tons of EB3s from 2001-2003. I wish hey had cleaned up EB3-ROW too, so numbers from there can roll over into India...

You are right on it. I thought the same. There are over 150 eb3's. So, I am guessing they are from the June Bulletin. Otherwise, only two cases of EB2 does not make sense.

peyton sawyer
07-23-2007, 03:20 AM
hi chisinau,or anyone..

Hi chisinau..

It's destiny that I came across your posting.. like you, I am an RN waiting for the DS230 approval also since Oct.2006.. believe it or not ,I was also informed by the NVC to resubmit a new DS230 because the previous one I submitted last year was already outdated. Now, I sent them the updated DS230 last June 27,2007.

I really want to ask if in your opinion, or if you have some positive information regarding this…do we still have a chance of receiving an embassy interview and medical exam schedule before October 2007?

I would really appreciate a response.. thank you

peyton sawyer
07-23-2007, 04:44 AM
Hi bluez25..

I just wanna ask if are you under EB3 row?

How did you know that your case or your documents have already been forwarded to Chennai consulate?

bluez25
07-23-2007, 01:02 PM
Hey Payton.,

Once you receive your DS230 form from the NVC you can find the NVC case number on the bar codded sheet. After you submit your DS230 to NVC using that NVC case number you can dial a number and check the status. Mine after 4 weeks says that NVC has completed the processing and forwarded to the Madras consulate on June 5th. Thats how I came to know.

By the way mine is EB2

kowligi
07-23-2007, 03:29 PM
Hey Guys,

When applying for CP the consulate we can apply to...does it have to be only the one in your home country (American Embassy in Chennai) or can it be the one in the country of last residence.

I have studied and lived in Canada for 3 years before coming to US. I am wondering if i can choose American Embassy in Montreal as my consulate post (country of last residence) or is my option just the consulate post in country of birth

Any thoughts on this greatly appreciated!!!

ianlock
07-23-2007, 04:22 PM
The recorded message at NVC says that on july 2nd they generated the fee bill and it was sent to my attorny. How long does it normally take to get the fee bill through. We are in the last week of jully now that 21days so far.

any ideas/expected time frames???

Im EB3 row
London

chaks7
07-23-2007, 04:39 PM
All NVC documents take 3-4 weeks before you get them. NVC sent Biographic forms data to my lawyer's office on July 2nd and they reached my lawyer's office last Friday. So it was approx. 3 weeks.

Hope this helps you!

ianlock
07-23-2007, 05:42 PM
thanks

should be due any time now then.

we will wait and see.

Ian.

ianlock
07-27-2007, 03:11 AM
Hi guys,

well me visa processing fee bill finally got to the soliciters yesterday.

Thats 24 DAYS!!! from the time NVC says it genertaed it, to us getting it.

Sending the money order out today.

Now lets see how long it takes to process that and then send me packet 3!?!?!

The saga continues......

baburob2
07-27-2007, 06:14 AM
hi chisinau,or anyone..

Hi chisinau..

It's destiny that I came across your posting.. like you, I am an RN waiting for the DS230 approval also since Oct.2006.. believe it or not ,I was also informed by the NVC to resubmit a new DS230 because the previous one I submitted last year was already outdated. Now, I sent them the updated DS230 last June 27,2007.

I really want to ask if in your opinion, or if you have some positive information regarding this…do we still have a chance of receiving an embassy interview and medical exam schedule before October 2007?

Hi Peyton
The quota is over and hence the chances of interview schedule before Oct 2007 is not possible. However depending on the origin of country, EB category , priority category you should stand a good chance of interview being scheduled for FY2008. My gut feeling is EB3 ROW would open up with Some 2005 year and EB3 Ind would open up wiht some 2003 and EB2 Ind would open up with some 2004 .

milmuk
11-21-2011, 12:29 AM
Hi,

I have my i-485 applied in Aug 2007 of eb3.Based on current scenario, It will take min. 5 years for GC to arrive.
I have a good chance to work in India.I am thinking of changing to consular processing and work in India and then return back when the GC arrives.

Will this work? How needs to be done to convert from I485 to consular processing?
Can you please guide me?

Thanks
M
:confused: