PDA

View Full Version : For all Green Card aspirants of 2006/2007

immi2006
05-24-2007, 10:22 AM
Folks,

One thing to keep in mind - As many folks who filed in 2006. 2007 I expect you guys to have longer H1 shelf life than us who are in 8, 9 th year of H1, you got to make Plan B (outside of US), Plan for something better than US, since going forward the visa # will be 10 % of 90 K if passed, which means all people in India will have a pool of 6300 visas per year to pick from. I would imagine that many number may come from One state alone forget about the whole of India. Like wise this is true for china too, given that there are so many talented people there as well.

Many of the new comers to US may not realise the seriousness of retrogression, many of us who came in 1998/1999 will vouch for it. Most politicans are only interested in votes.. and we are no match for it to make any changes happen, we will try neverthless. I thought I will drop a note in your best interest to keep options open and not based your decisions based on Green Card, focus on your career first and forget about the American Dream. For many of us before 2005, there is a ray of hope, this also may go away if the second wave of retrogression Kicks in !!!..

mrajatish
05-24-2007, 10:37 AM
I totally second that - do not be averse to coming to US, spending a few years, but stop leading your life based on GC. I did that and I am screwed.

prinive
05-24-2007, 10:47 AM
I filed my LC on SEP 11 2001. That day itself I came to know that my GC will be screwed. Still waiting to file my I 485. Tired af sending faxes and calling senators. I am doing from 2005. Nothing is happening. I dont see any light at the end of tunnel. I am in my 8th year extension and got my 3 years H1 extension. NO AMERICAN DREAM. I am done. Good luck guys.

immi2006
05-24-2007, 11:21 AM
Many Indian companies are applying for EB visas, and tying employees in India to work for them, till CP stage is current (they cannot retain people otherwise who will go to MNC)

It used to be the H1 carrot before now it GC is the bait sitting in INDIA !

jfredr
05-24-2007, 11:26 AM
Hi is there any way out
That we can work towards together.

theOne
05-29-2007, 02:48 PM
Folks,

One thing to keep in mind - As many folks who filed in 2006. 2007 I expect you guys to have longer H1 shelf life than us who are in 8, 9 th year of H1, you got to make Plan B (outside of US), Plan for something better than US, since going forward the visa # will be 10 % of 90 K if passed, which means all people in India will have a pool of 6300 visas per year to pick from. I would imagine that many number may come from One state alone forget about the whole of India. Like wise this is true for china too, given that there are so many talented people there as well.

Many of the new comers to US may not realise the seriousness of retrogression, many of us who came in 1998/1999 will vouch for it. Most politicans are only interested in votes.. and we are no match for it to make any changes happen, we will try neverthless. I thought I will drop a note in your best interest to keep options open and not based your decisions based on Green Card, focus on your career first and forget about the American Dream. For many of us before 2005, there is a ray of hope, this also may go away if the second wave of retrogression Kicks in !!!..
Does what you say apply to EB2 as well ? My priority date is March 2004. I will be applying for I-485 in a few weeks.

Thanks,
theOne