PDA

View Full Version : EB-1 multinational manager

humdesi
05-31-2007, 09:53 PM
A friend of mine just came from India. Works for a bodyshopper. He is transferring to L-1A so that he can file in EB-1 multinational manager. Is this possible? What are the minimum requirements for EB-1?

If it is possible this guy will be laughing a year from now, gc in hand, while we all fume and fret over retrogression, labor, i-140 etc..

sayantan76
05-31-2007, 10:04 PM
A friend of mine just came from India. Works for a bodyshopper. He is transferring to L-1A so that he can file in EB-1 multinational manager. Is this possible? What are the minimum requirements for EB-1?

If it is possible this guy will be laughing a year from now, gc in hand, while we all fume and fret over retrogression, labor, i-140 etc..
My company has filed for EB-1 multinational manager for me.....I was on L1A earlier. I dont think the process is as fast as some folks think......specially since for EB1 manager category I140 premium processing is not allowed......

I guess the requirement for L1A is that one should be managing a business, people and processes...... and should have been employed in managerial capacity for the same company outside US......once L1A is done (it takes 5-6 days under premium procesing).....my understanding is that it establishes a strong basis for EB1 filing

humdesi
05-31-2007, 11:37 PM
In this case the guy is a software engineer. The consulting company is willing to show that he is a manager.

paskal
05-31-2007, 11:44 PM
guys please do take a moment with the webfax if you have not already done so, this effort to spread our point of view and gain visibility with lawmakers is critical. if you have some time you can actually fax legislators from every state!

senthil1
05-31-2007, 11:52 PM
CTS is doing gc by EB1 for some people by L1A

My company has filed for EB-1 multinational manager for me.....I was on L1A earlier. I dont think the process is as fast as some folks think......specially since for EB1 manager category I140 premium processing is not allowed......

I guess the requirement for L1A is that one should be managing a business, people and processes...... and should have been employed in managerial capacity for the same company outside US......once L1A is done (it takes 5-6 days under premium procesing).....my understanding is that it establishes a strong basis for EB1 filing

tikka
06-01-2007, 12:09 AM
we need 150 more faxes to reach 5,000

can some of you please chip in??

thank you

thomachan72
06-01-2007, 07:48 AM

Hey dont you think there should be some minim qualifications before you could be filed for as manager, for eg:- MBA or something like that? The so called friend of this guy is not a manager but is going to be made into a manager just for the EB1 purpose. How can they do that. I believe this is a Indian consulting company!!

sayantan76
06-01-2007, 07:57 AM
Hey dont you think there should be some minim qualifications before you could be filed for as manager, for eg:- MBA or something like that? The so called friend of this guy is not a manager but is going to be made into a manager just for the EB1 purpose. How can they do that. I believe this is a Indian consulting company!!
I work for one of the largest companies in the world and my company has clear policies on work visas and who qualifies for a managerial visa and who does not! I do have an MBA degree and independently manage a $95 million business portfolio and have a small team as well.

It is the propensity on part of some companies to stretch the definition of whats allowed and whats not that creates an impression that there is rampant visa fraud and these visas should be done away with/ made more difficult to obtain.

johnamit
06-01-2007, 01:21 PM
I always thought EB1 has nothing to do employer and one can self-sponser it :confused:
In this case the guy is a software engineer. The consulting company is willing to show that he is a manager.

vejella
06-01-2007, 02:39 PM
It does not make sense to me how folks who are on L1 visa and manage some people can go at par with the people of Extraordinary ability .

I can understand if they holding a position where they make some policies/ generate bussiness that gonna have major impact on Employees or organizational direction ...

But I have seen some people who not at par qualified has applied for GC on EB1 category just because they are on L1 Visa it is getting expired....

But i feel that there is a big glitch in the definition of this category which many of the DESI Companies are abusing ....:(

sayantan76
06-01-2007, 07:55 PM
It does not make sense to me how folks who are on L1 visa and manage some people can go at par with the people of Extraordinary ability .

I can understand if they holding a position where they make some policies/ generate bussiness that gonna have major impact on Employees or organizational direction ...

But I have seen some people who not at par qualified has applied for GC on EB1 category just because they are on L1 Visa it is getting expired....

But i feel that there is a big glitch in the definition of this category which many of the DESI Companies are abusing ....:(
you do not need to be on L1A to apply for EB-1 managerial as long as you meet the requirements of being a manager as per USCIS definition. also eb-1 managerial is not a self-file - it needs to be filed by employer.

MrWaitingGC
06-01-2007, 08:12 PM
One of our colleague was a project lead but on L1/L1A visa and they applied him showing as multinational manager and he got gc in 3 months. I just kept watching as I work as a consultant for a consulting firm waiting in line for GC.So I think its all luck.