PDA

View Full Version : September 2009 approvals

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

trump_gc
09-04-2009, 11:46 AM
When I called USCIS by POJ method they said it is infront of an officer, Is it a satandard answer for every one?

Can you please explain how you get to a level 2 officer who can potentially give some information other than the standard message we see on the USCIS website.

Sleepless_in_Seattle
09-04-2009, 11:46 AM
When I called USCIS by POJ method they said it is infront of an officer, Is it a satandard answer for every one?

What is POJ method?

Sleepless_in_Seattle
09-04-2009, 11:50 AM
called twice and opened a SR

Hoping for the best

Thanks

Hey,

How to call and open an SR?

Thanks in advance!

kinvin
09-04-2009, 11:51 AM
Another addition to the approval log!!!

Received the welcome notice for myself and husband yesterday.
With last year's experience with no GC inspite of dates being current, I called on Sept 1st inquiring the status, they opened a SR on both the files and within 2 days recieved the welcome notice by email. I am not sure if the phone call triggered the approval, but hey whatever works, I will look forward to the actual card in mail!

That being send with much thanks to the team for all the efforts (especially the flower campaign in July 2007!) I will making a contribution to IV today. THANK YOU!

Good luck to everyone waiting!

Sleepless_in_Seattle
09-04-2009, 12:03 PM
Another addition to the approval log!!!

Received the welcome notice for myself and husband yesterday.
With last year's experience with no GC inspite of dates being current, I called on Sept 1st inquiring the status, they opened a SR on both the files and within 2 days recieved the welcome notice by email. I am not sure if the phone call triggered the approval, but hey whatever works, I will look forward to the actual card in mail!

That being send with much thanks to the team for all the efforts (especially the flower campaign in July 2007!) I will making a contribution to IV today. THANK YOU!

Good luck to everyone waiting!

Congratulations for your Greencard!

How do you open an SR?

dwhuser
09-04-2009, 12:18 PM
I've just opened an SR and waiting for the magic mail :)

siva9
09-04-2009, 12:18 PM
Hi,

Today I recieved email from CRIS status as Welcome permanent residence notice and later change to cpo.

Good Luck for all.

Thanks Immigration Voice.

dwhuser
09-04-2009, 12:21 PM
How do you open an SR?

Call the customer service and inform them that your application is out of the processing time and request for a service request.

ymk
09-04-2009, 12:23 PM
I just called USCIS to enquire about my 485 status and was told that the applications are being processed based on
receipt date.

The date which they are processing now is Sep 15th as per the customer service rep. Mine is Oct 5th...
So I guess long way to go for me :( .....

K.

GCNirvana007
09-04-2009, 12:40 PM
Folks,
It seems sun didn't rise from the east or has it....the miracle has happened....after 10 years and 25 days in this country with 2 advanced degrees and with days of ups and downs ...days of confusion and frustrations I finally received a mail:

Here it goes:

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Approval notice sent.

On September 3, 2009, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service.

You can choose to receive automatic case status updates, which will be sent via email. Please click here to create an account online.

Most of the folks in the forum receive "Welcome and CPO" message...did anyone receive this kind of message? Is it too early to rejoice? (well excuse my cynicism)...wife didn't get such a mail so it is not over yet....

The details of my journey:

Filed in California for Labor right after 9/11...worked their for 2 years company filed Ch-11 and with that went my hope for GC from them....fortunately got a job and moved to the "Bay state"

Labor: 07/12/2004
Stuck in BEC for 2.5 years
I-140 received : 01/25/2007
I-140 approved: 06/25/2009
I-485 mailed 07/23/2007 to TSC...got shuttled to CSC for data entry and kicked back to TSC and
ND of 09/25/2007

FP : 11/01/2007

Wait wait frustrations ...mails to P,VP,S,C,DHS...in summer of 2008...

RFE in 11/02/2008

Wait wait more cribbing more cribbing

Received approval notice on I-485 at 5:30 AM on 09/04/2009.

My wife's wait continues also no CPO or welcome message so will see how it goes...

SoP

Are you sure you got an e-mail?. Itsnot in your dream right. :p

Told you to be easy, totally happy for you buddy

dwhuser
09-04-2009, 12:42 PM
I just called USCIS to enquire about my 485 status and was told that the applications are being processed based on
receipt date.

The date which they are processing now is Sep 15th as per the customer service rep. Mine is Oct 5th...
So I guess long way to go for me :( .....

K.

Which center TSC ?

pushkarw
09-04-2009, 12:54 PM
I have seen a lot of people asking about how to open a Service Request and have seen no responses. I just tried an experiment and it worked.

Here's what you do:

1. Call up the customer service number
2. When asked for a receipt number, use the option which says "Lost receipt number"
3. This will take u to the customer service agent - tell them u need to open a service request

They will ask you a series of questions, which, you need to answer :)

When it comes to receipt date, they looked at the notice date and told me they cannot open and SR since it was within processing times. I insisted that the receipt date on my i-485 receipt shows that I am outside of processing times. I gave the person the receipt date and they went ahead and opened the SR. Keep your alien number handy.

Hopefully this helps some of you out there looking to open and SR.

Good Luck!

sanjay
09-04-2009, 01:07 PM
Does any one had the exact number to call an IO at NSC and its options. The options I tried ( got from a different thread ) is not working.

Thanks.

vikki76
09-04-2009, 01:36 PM
Mine is PD 07/04 and ND 08/09/2007. I see lot of approvals for later PD and ND.
I called USCIS yesterday and opened an SR.
Looks like the USCIS again is issuing out of turn and inorderly approvals.
I am not against people who's PD are current getting approvals, but USCIS should be fare in follwoing FIFO. What if the VISA nubers are exhausted and creates similar situation as previous years?
Can IV help us with this using there contacts or should we contact Ombadsman?
Add to that,there are few approved cases in where RD/ND is in 2008...means some of the 485 apps which were filed last year as a result of current PD are getting current,but nothing happening to 2007 filed apps

rnednur
09-04-2009, 01:46 PM
still waiting 11 years 1month .. (landed on Aug 6th 1998)
PD May 21st 2004
RD July 2nd 2007
ND Sept 6th 2007
RFE Aug 21st 2008 -- response received Sept 12 2008
Service Center NSC
Opened SR yesterday evening.

greencard_fever
09-04-2009, 03:05 PM
Seems like approvals are slow down..whats happening guys..all VISAS are gone?..i called up NSC yesteday and got the info that my file is with IO..looks like it's a standard response they are giving to every one..:mad:

Sleepless_in_Seattle
09-04-2009, 03:56 PM
Looks like they are in holiday mode. Long weekend is few hours away!

waitforgc1
09-04-2009, 03:56 PM
Me and my wifes 485 has been approved. we got status change emails and card production ordered. Looked online at uscis same update.

Very happy to share the news with fellow immivoice folks.

I wish good luck for everyone in the line.

spajay
09-04-2009, 04:35 PM
Wanted to share the good news. Today morning I got the emails.

EB2-I
PD - Aug 2004
RD - 22 Jul 2007
ND - 20 Aug 2007

Thanks,
Ajay

waitforevergc
09-04-2009, 04:45 PM
So how many total approvals in September?

wantMyGC
09-04-2009, 04:53 PM
My wife's and my i-485 - welcome email just arrived. Still waiting for my daughter's approval.

Good luck for the guys who are still waiting.

wantMyGC
09-04-2009, 04:57 PM
I think, SR created on sep 2nd helped. My wife's and my i-485 - welcome email just arrived.

GCNirvana007
09-04-2009, 05:05 PM
I think, SR created on sep 2nd helped. My wife's and my i-485 - welcome email just arrived.

Whoever is current and unapproved, load them up with calls and SR. Got nothing to lose.

gclongwaytogo
09-04-2009, 05:17 PM

Did you get any status on your SR before you got the magic mail?

wantMyGC
09-04-2009, 05:17 PM
Guys, Request for SR or take an infopass , if your case is not yet approved.

This is what I have done
Sep 2nd - requested for SR
Sep 2nd - Took infopass and talked to IO. He told me that my file was assigned to IO
Sep 4th - Called about the SR
Sep 4th - Took infopass again but I will cancel as my cases are approved.

Good luck guys :)

wantMyGC
09-04-2009, 05:20 PM
No, when I called today, agent gave a std answer " You will be notified in 30 days"

srd16
09-04-2009, 05:34 PM
Got welcome emails from CRIS for myself and my wife. Here are my details:

EB2-India
PD: July 04
Service Center: NSC

Good luck to those who are waiting.

seekerofpeace
09-04-2009, 05:35 PM
My wife called up Nat Srv Ctr...the customer service rep was not willing to open a SR as according to him the case is not outside processing window...(it is actually not so since my RD is 07/23/07)...anyway she told that she is the dependent applicant and how come the primary applicant is approved....he opened a SR and the standard response...will get something in mail in 45 days.....Also mentioned that all cases are independent even if filed together....

I also checked my status in the telephone and it repeats the same thing as written in the CRIS mail in the morning that a mail was sent on Sept 3rd approving my I-485 petition and a new I-797C with details....but no CPO or welcome was mentioned in the telephonic message...let's see what comes in the postal mail...

Not sure if we should take an infopass for her....SR is not of much help actually when I opened an SR on August within a week I got the standard mail that they are reviewing additional information on my case hence the delay...they will never tell if a case is preadjudicated or not....or if it is just awaiting visa number...

SoP

hebbar77
09-04-2009, 06:07 PM
Hi,
Wouldn't it be nice if they give us options by taking money to fedex the GC cards and other documents to us. The economy improves as more work for carrier companies and they will also make some money out of it. I will get my cards sooner. Eagarly waiting for cards to arrive.

By the way is greencard really green in color :)

sure my_usa, I am adding it to the weekly wishlist which will end up in thrash on weekends.

techskill
09-04-2009, 06:11 PM
Just recd CPO email for me and my wife.

PD : July 2004 - NSC

I raised SR yesterday around 3:30PM CST

hebbar77
09-04-2009, 06:13 PM
Just recd CPO email for me and my wife.

PD : July 2004 - NSC

I raised SR yesterday around 3:30PM CST

Which number did u call to raise SR.

rnednur
09-04-2009, 06:13 PM
Does anyone know of a way to reach NSC directly.

techskill
09-04-2009, 06:14 PM
1-800-375-5283
Option 1-2

Talked to the CSR and raised the SR

rnednur
09-04-2009, 06:15 PM
For instructions on opening SR .. pls follow instructions given by PUSHKARW.. on page 19

hebbar77
09-04-2009, 06:23 PM
I too have raised SR but waiting for last 2 days since SR.

B+ve
09-04-2009, 06:33 PM
After a long wait and 11 years of frustration, I received the much awaited Welcome Mail from TSC today. Thanks God.

Just wanted to share my story and I will be glad if it acts as a soothening relief or for getting more courage to positive thinking, during this tough journey, who are all waiting endless years.

I started GC process couple of times and could not continue with those, due to job change and got terminated because of bad economy during dot com bust. In the mean time I had to go to labor court for getting my salary from a blood sucking employer and successfully got all the money I deserve including the H1 transfer fee expenses.

Started my third GC attempt in 2004 in EB3 category (though I have a Engineering Master from IIT and MBA from Stanford) due to position/job duties all craps (in other words, employer does not want to do in EB2) and even now I am doing all the same kind of work ranging from developer, tester, architect, managing team members etc etc. As a side note, often times I wonder our EB3 to EB2 porting fights among IV members. Finally realized that there won't be much miracle being on EB3, I started EB2 PERM with my current employer nearly two years back and ported my older PD to EB2 5 months back.

Some times I really felt bad about my career path and gone mad. Yes, I admit, I don't have much courage to use AC21 after getting EAD, mainly because of lack of guts to face a jobless situation in these economy and ending up on a MTR. For the similar reason, I did not go to my native place and meet my parents for the last 6 years. May be one of the reasons to chose my IV handle as B+ve, to boost me up out of all these worries and frustration...

When ever I am feeling much down due to the GC related frustration , I used to read a thread posted by our fellow Indian "deepuaries" which soothes me a lot - I really mean it. If it finds good for you, take it or leave it aside.
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum5-all-other-green-card-issues/21743-the-gc-journey-five-thoughts.html

I am really feel sorry for the most senior EB3 guys in this community who are still waiting for years and years in this vicious circle of H1B, EAD, AP, what not the monthly visa bulletin. 5 months back I was also in EB3 category and would not have been expected this, if I didn't ported my older PD. From my experience, whom ever can port their EB3 PD to EB2 or EB1, do it as soon as there is not a good movement in EB3 India happened in the past, unless during July 2007 fiasco.

I know there might be lots of people from India who have suffered a lot more than me, just due to this broken system. All the best who are waiting in the queue.

Thanks for all the support from IV members and I will support IV in future also.

Thanks,
B+ve

seekerofpeace
09-04-2009, 06:42 PM
You share my blood group and may be my alma mater....which IIT...I did my B. Tech from IITK.

Anyway many congratulations...you really went to great lengths...not visiting homeland for so long....wow...I am not sure porting will help everyone......but I guess it is worth the chance...

Enjoy ...........

SoP

GSingh
09-04-2009, 06:57 PM
My brother-in-law got GC approval email this afternoon.

PD 04/2004.
India, EB2

vikki76
09-04-2009, 07:00 PM
After a long wait and 11 years of frustration, I received the much awaited Welcome Mail from TSC today. Thanks God.

Just wanted to share my story and I will be glad if it acts as a soothening relief or for getting more courage to positive thinking, during this tough journey, who are all waiting endless years.

I started GC process couple of times and could not continue with those, due to job change and got terminated because of bad economy during dot com bust. In the mean time I had to go to labor court for getting my salary from a blood sucking employer and successfully got all the money I deserve including the H1 transfer fee expenses.

Started my third GC attempt in 2004 in EB3 category (though I have a Engineering Master from IIT and MBA from Stanford) due to position/job duties all craps (in other words, employer does not want to do in EB2) and even now I am doing all the same kind of work ranging from developer, tester, architect, managing team members etc etc. As a side note, often times I wonder our EB3 to EB2 porting fights among IV members. Finally realized that there won't be much miracle being on EB3, I started EB2 PERM with my current employer nearly two years back and ported my older PD to EB2 5 months back.

Some times I really felt bad about my career path and gone mad. Yes, I admit, I don't have much courage to use AC21 after getting EAD, mainly because of lack of guts to face a jobless situation in these economy and ending up on a MTR. For the similar reason, I did not go to my native place and meet my parents for the last 6 years. May be one of the reasons to chose my IV handle as B+ve, to boost me up out of all these worries and frustration...

When ever I am feeling much down due to the GC related frustration , I used to read a thread posted by our fellow Indian "deepuaries" which soothes me a lot - I really mean it. If it finds good for you, take it or leave it aside.
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum5-all-other-green-card-issues/21743-the-gc-journey-five-thoughts.html

I am really feel sorry for the most senior EB3 guys in this community who are still waiting for years and years in this vicious circle of H1B, EAD, AP, what not the monthly visa bulletin. 5 months back I was also in EB3 category and would not have been expected this, if I didn't ported my older PD. From my experience, whom ever can port their EB3 PD to EB2 or EB1, do it as soon as there is not a good movement in EB3 India happened in the past, unless during July 2007 fiasco.

I know there might be lots of people from India who have suffered a lot more than me, just due to this broken system. All the best who are waiting in the queue.

Thanks for all the support from IV members and I will support IV in future also.

Thanks,
B+ve

Quite inspiring post-.

whatamidoinghere
09-04-2009, 07:35 PM
So I tried to open a SR for my case. The CSR reviewed the information and told me that the last action on my case was that they sent a letter on 9/3 which says they are working on my case and will notify me of a decision within 60 days.

Anybody knows what the heck this means?

hebbar77
09-04-2009, 07:38 PM
So I tried to open a SR for my case. The CSR reviewed the information and told me that the last action on my case was that they sent a letter on 9/3 which says they are working on my case and will notify me of a decision within 60 days.

Anybody knows what the heck this means?

This means they are not in a hurry to work on our case and they dont want us to bother them!

ram001
09-04-2009, 07:46 PM
Hi All,

Just now i recieved a mail from NSC...

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On September 4, 2009, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

--------------------------------

EB2
PD: April 2004
1-140 July 2008
1-485 RFE (Medical) April 2009

kurtz_wolfgang
09-04-2009, 08:29 PM
Got CPO status on 09/01/09....
Today the status changed to....

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

On September 4, 2009, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service.

:D

pushkarw
09-04-2009, 08:31 PM
Hello Friends,

Got the CPO emails for my wife and I at 2:15 central time today. A long journey has finally come to an end. Coincidentally I had opened a SR this morning. I don't know if it had anything to with anything, but, I think it might have contributed. So folks out there who are still waiting, might not hurt to open an SR. Call up customer service, at the option where the voice asks for a receipt number, select the option for lost receipt number. Proceed to answer all the questions they ask. If your notice date is within processing time, but, receipt date, make sure u tell them that. The CSR I talked to was not going to open the SR for me based on my notice date, but, I insisted that my actual receipt has an earlier date.

Good Luck! Now lets see when the actual card comes through.

natrajs
09-04-2009, 10:15 PM

Thanks,
B+ve

Congrats and Best wishes

whatamidoinghere
09-04-2009, 10:35 PM
This means they are not in a hurry to work on our case and they dont want us to bother them!

Guys.. I just got the CPO email !!! I can't believe it. I think talking to a CSR and asking for a service request really works. I just did that couple of hours ago... If your PD and ND are current please pick up the phone and call them !!

Category: EB2 India
PD: Dec 13 2004
RD: July 23 2007
ND: Aug 17 2007

Receipt Number: LIN**** Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS Current Status: Card production ordered. On September 4, 2009, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

indiancitizen77
09-04-2009, 10:56 PM
Our USCIS case update changed to Card Production Ordered 20 minutes ago. A long wait - almost reached medicare eligibility and a dizzy roller coaster ride where I almost packed my bags for home twice. And now that we are there - sometimes wonder was it worth it?The IV forum has hugely benefitted our community and I will continue to participate, support and donate.

immi_seeker
09-04-2009, 11:22 PM
glad to see many approvals. Hope dates will move fwd in FY2010

DSLStart
09-04-2009, 11:34 PM

Absolutely! Dates should move to atleast Dec 05 for EB2 I in Oct bulletin.

ssa
09-04-2009, 11:34 PM
Today evening I received "card production ordered" email for my wife. (I received my GC in September 2008 "super lotto". ) Today we are finally free from the US immigration nightmare. More than anything it is a feeling of relief.

In my (strictly subjective) experience little bit of pushing USCIS from the your side - in terms of POJ calls or info pass - can help the case when priority date is current. In both our cases we finally got through after we could get service requests opened for our cases, in matter of couple of weeks after they were opened. Simple trick to increase your odds in getting USCIS employee to oblige your request for opening SR - either on phone or during info pass - is to contact them on Friday. I know I'm more accommodating on Fridays than any other days of the week :)

I hope everyone gets their GC soon and wish you best of luck. Thank you and thanks IV for making the journey much more bearable.

PS: Our cases were at NSC.

gbof
09-04-2009, 11:48 PM

Glad to see as many approvals happening -apparently uscis realised their flaw of opening a large window that ended up 06 approvals leavind behind earlier dates. Hopefully they will clear vast majority up to dec04 and dates will move forward in Q1 oct VB

amsgc
09-05-2009, 12:28 AM
I think 2009 Sept. visa bulletin is very unlike the visa bulletins we have seen published in the last quarter over the last few years.

It seems to represent real movement in cut off dates because:

- Before the Sept.09 bulletin came out, USCIS had already pre-adjudicated a very large number of cases. According to one thread on Ron Gotcher's website, in July the USCIS had pre-adjudicated around 145K apps.

- The DOS must have had hard numbers from USCIS on how many apps were pre-adjuidcated and how many visas were still available.

So the logical thing for DOS to do must have been to move the dates forward just enough to use up all the spilled over visas. The DOS may have moved dates a few extra months just to ensure no visa is wasted.

My guess is that in the Oct VB the dates will remain at Jan05. If the economy continues to drag its feet, fewer applications (EB1, EB2ROW) will be filed and EB2I dates will move forward steadily.

Glad to see as many approvals happening -apparently uscis realised their flaw of opening a large window that ended up 06 approvals leavind behind earlier dates. Hopefully they will clear vast majority up to dec04 and dates will move forward in Q1 oct VB

santa123
09-05-2009, 12:45 AM
My heartfelt congratulations and best wishes to all those who got through during Sep 2009.
Pls continue to visit IV and guide the rest of us to a logical conclusion.
Thanks & good luck!

kiran_k02
09-05-2009, 01:02 PM
Quick Update: My Status changed yesterday from Card Production Ordered to "Approval Notice Sent".

With parameshwara's anugrah, my status changed yesterday(Sep 1st, 2009) to "Card Production Ordered".

End to my long wait and frustration.

I wish and hope others get their card soon.

Thanks to ImmigrationVoice team for their work without them, USCIS wouldn't be so efficient and wouldn't have cared to process the applications in the order of PD. IV is doing lot of things which will help the immigration community and I completely support their activities.

I have donated to IV before and now I am starting a new monthly contribution for next six months.

a1b2c3
09-05-2009, 04:28 PM
congratulations to everyone!

rnednur
09-05-2009, 06:50 PM
man I am still waiting .. RD is July 2nd and ND is Sep 6th 2007 . .. on h1b for 11 years ..

whiteStallion
09-05-2009, 08:21 PM
Congratulations guys !

GCNirvana007
09-05-2009, 08:52 PM
man I am still waiting .. RD is July 2nd and ND is Sep 6th 2007 . .. on h1b for 11 years ..

Keep calling and bombard them. Have them open SR

rpat1968
09-06-2009, 01:41 AM
My PD is 08 july 2004. ND 08/09/2009 and no approval yet. Last soft Lud on dependents and my case was on 04/16/09 after we sent response to RFE.
Opened an SR on 09/03/09 and the wait goes on ...
Its furstrating to see the inorderly and out of turn approvals ...

:confused:

seekerofpeace
09-06-2009, 10:20 AM
rpat1968,
I know exactly how it feels........it is frustrating and extenuating...You have the same PD as me.......inorderly inept and callous attitude....I am half way done...my wife's is still pending don't know how long that'd take.....but I guess it is better than last year when 2005 and 2006 folks were getting approved hand over fist.....

Best

SoP

rpat1968
09-06-2009, 11:19 AM
Seekerofpeace,

Congrats on your approval.
Did you contact USCIS or Opened an AR for you and your wife?
Also did you get any RFE's? What is your next course of action for your wife's case?

Looks like there were very few July 04 approvals in 4 days. More approvals for 11/04, 12/04 and few approvals for 01/05. Looks like USCIS is working in reverse order of PD and Random ND's in 08/07 & 09/07.

rpat1968,
I know exactly how it feels........it is frustrating and extenuating...You have the same PD as me.......inorderly inept and callous attitude....I am half way done...my wife's is still pending don't know how long that'd take.....but I guess it is better than last year when 2005 and 2006 folks were getting approved hand over fist.....

Best

SoP

ram001
09-06-2009, 11:35 AM
My PD is 08 july 2004. ND 08/09/2009 and no approval yet. Last soft Lud on dependents and my case was on 04/16/09 after we sent response to RFE.
Opened an SR on 09/03/09 and the wait goes on ...
Its furstrating to see the inorderly and out of turn approvals ...

:confused:

Hi ,

Wait still Tuesday/wednesday.

u will get it, my case is approved on Sep 4th evening at 4.30 pm. and PD April 2004

GCNirvana007
09-06-2009, 11:36 AM
Seekerofpeace,

Congrats on your approval.
Did you contact USCIS or Opened an AR for you and your wife?
Also did you get any RFE's? What is your next course of action for your wife's case?

Looks like there were very few July 04 approvals in 4 days. More approvals for 11/04, 12/04 and few approvals for 01/05. Looks like USCIS is working in reverse order of PD and Random ND's in 08/07 & 09/07.

I cant say this enough. Keep calling USCIS, open SRs, follow up with USCIS. This is your time.

mdmd10
09-06-2009, 12:19 PM
From those who are getting approved, did anyone recieve an RFE late July 2009 and responded in August?

seekerofpeace
09-06-2009, 01:31 PM
rpat1968,
You will get all the details of my case ....in my previous post...it was quite detailed on this same thread.

Yes I did get an RFE last Oct/Nov....and I had contacted senators,congressman last August when we were briefly current.

I had filed an address change last month...I was delaying it thinking it will incite a RFE...but good that I did and also opened an SR...but within a week I got a reply that the case needs additional review and contact after 6 months...again crap....after seeing the dealings of USCIS I have stopped commenting satirically on Indian Government Offices and their actions..I guess they are more efficient...

I have a feeling that "Preadjudications" has something to do with approvals...may be my wife's application is not pre-ad...that sucks since we don't know how long that wait is gonna be......

The customer serv rep at Nat Serv Center told my wife that all cases are independent but that is crap...they know nuthin.....she opened an SR

I may take an infopass and may be contact ombudsman for details...not sure if we will be lucky......

My suggestion will be as GCNirvana007 mentioned do all that you can open SR...take infopass contact lgislators....

PM me if you need additional info

Wish you have yours soon especially since you are high up on PD

SoP

eb2_hope
09-06-2009, 03:31 PM
Hi All,

We also got approval on 3rd sept. Thank God
Our lawyer had created SR and I think that helped.
I think having a good lawyer to followup your case is a good idea instead of just waiting.

Hopefully all 2004 PD will get cleared and their wait will be over.

All the best.

sanjiva
09-06-2009, 03:46 PM
Hi

Just to inform others who are waiting with similar priority dates that news may be in the mail, I got my GC approval letter yesterday. Card should arrive in next 3 weeks as per the letter.

I was an EB-2 from India with PD of December 2004. I got my Labor approval in May 2006 (regular not perm) and applied for I-485 during the crazy one month window of July 2007. My Receipt date was 2 Aug 2007. I had also got an RFE about a year back to resubmit our medical (guess our doctor screwed it up in the frenzy of July 2007 filing). Other than that, it was a regular and smooth sailing. So, the whole ordeal took a little less than 5 years.

Congrats to others who also got their GC and Good luck to all still waiting.

Rgds
Sanjiva

pointlesswait
09-07-2009, 12:13 PM
bulk of pD is 2004,
a while back someone had posted the number of EB2 filed for all the years..
and 2005 had just 5000+...2004 was around 15-20K..
so 2004 is the mountain....after that it might move to mid 2006 in a jiffy.

What is the probability that all EB2 I with PD 2004 get cleared this year?
I guess the bulk of waiting list is with PD 2005 and 2006, right? These two years might be the difficult ones to clear? any thoughts?

amsgc
09-07-2009, 12:42 PM
I agree - 2004 is the biggest hurdle - after that it will be 2006.

Interestingly, this Poll (http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum5-all-other-green-card-issues/414123-poll-to-sample-pending-eb2-india-pds.html) indicates an equal distribution (approx. 25% each) of pending 2004 and 2005 cases.
I think the explanation for the above distribution, with your comment, is that many 2004 apps have been approved before 1st Sept.
But it also points to the possibility that there are more than 5K 2005 apps - around 10K (including dependents)

Also, I have seen maybe one member post that s/he has 2003 PD and has been approved. So, it looks like very few are waiting with PD in 2003.

bulk of pD is 2004,
a while back someone had posted the number of EB2 filed for all the years..
and 2005 had just 5000+...2004 was around 15-20K..
so 2004 is the mountain....after that it might move to mid 2006 in a jiffy.

pratibha
09-07-2009, 02:04 PM
Hi all,

Received email for spouse, 2 sons and self that card production has been ordered.

wish you all good luck for those close to the priority date.

My priority date is January 6, 2005.

Thanks

Pratibha

rnednur
09-08-2009, 10:58 AM
congrats to all those who got it ...

lambu2
09-08-2009, 11:04 AM
congratulations to ALL who got approvals

thomachan72
09-08-2009, 11:39 AM
Hi all,

Received email for spouse, 2 sons and self that card production has been ordered.

wish you all good luck for those close to the priority date.

My priority date is January 6, 2005.

Thanks

Pratibha

Congrads!!! you are indeed lucky. PD 2005?? I see people with PD mid-2004 waiting!!

paisa
09-08-2009, 11:47 AM
PD Dec 04 still waiting. Congrats to those who got it. Hopefully the visas last for some more time.

mdmd10
09-08-2009, 11:51 AM
Yes indeed. Many congratulations to all those who got it. I can imagine how long and painful this journey can get.

I too am waiting with a EB2 I priority date of May 2004. Hoping that visas will last as well.

rpat1968
09-08-2009, 11:52 AM
July 04 PD still waiting.
Opened SR on 09/03/2009 for Me and my Daughter.
This morning opened SR was my Spouse.
Planning to take and Infopass tomorrow or Friday of thie week.

pushkarw
09-08-2009, 11:58 AM
Have you opened an SR? I strongly suggest you do.

Yes indeed. Many congratulations to all those who got it. I can imagine how long and painful this journey can get.

I too am waiting with a EB2 I priority date of May 2004. Hoping that visas will last as well.

paisa
09-08-2009, 11:58 AM
What is info pass?

mdmd10
09-08-2009, 12:04 PM

I have. Opened it on 9/3. Also took an infopass the very next day and the IIO told me that my case is under review at NSC. I've had an RFE for EVL to which we responded on 8/12 with subsequent LUDs upto 8/19. Since then its been 'under review'.

So here I am still waiting for a miracle to happen....

gc4arun
09-08-2009, 12:07 PM
InfoPass is an appointment system that allows the general public to schedule appointments at USCIS offices. It usually allows to get relatively better info abt your case status.

Here is a link to infopass :

https://infopass.uscis.gov/infopass.php

pushkarw
09-08-2009, 12:09 PM
Well, I guess you have done your due diligence. I hope you get the approval emails soon. Good luck!

I have. Opened it on 9/3. Also took an infopass the very next day and the IIO told me that my case is under review at NSC. I've had an RFE for EVL to which we responded on 8/12 with subsequent LUDs upto 8/19. Since then its been 'under review'.

So here I am still waiting for a miracle to happen....

dvnagesh
09-08-2009, 12:11 PM
Congratulations to all the people who got greened. I wish that all the people with PD of 2004 and earlier get their GCs by end of this month.

sanjay
09-08-2009, 12:20 PM

I called them on friday and also today morning to open a SR and they got standard answer that I can open SR when I don't get approved and if the dates moves back. Since, my dates are current I am not qualified to open a SR.

To hell with this screwed up system. You get more frustration when people behind you gets approved / moved up the ladder and I still sitting on the same place, waiting for an IO to pick up my file.

pushkarw
09-08-2009, 12:26 PM
That does not make any sense. You cannot open an SR because your dates are current? Thats the exact opposite of what is the norm. If your dates are outside normal processing times, which yours are, they should open an SR for you. Keep Trying.

I called them on friday and also today morning to open a SR and they got standard answer that I can open SR when I don't get approved and if the dates moves back. Since, my dates are current I am not qualified to open a SR.

To hell with this screwed up system. You get more frustration when people behind you gets approved / moved up the ladder and I still sitting on the same place, waiting for an IO to pick up my file.

seekerofpeace
09-08-2009, 12:27 PM
Sanjay,
I was approved and my wife is still awaiting ....we opened an SR for her. It is outside the processing window. See the customer service rep is asking me about received date...and not sure if he really knows what it is....so just call up again as many times if need be. Tell that you are current and want to follow up since you are outside the processing window of I-485 adjudication.

Be persistent...ask to be connected to the next level....if anything take an infopass...we are going on the 10th for my wife....not having much hope but at least worth a shot

Best,

SoP

I am sure it will work out and all the best

Jim77
09-08-2009, 01:00 PM
Finally got my GC ordered. I took a Infopass this morning itself. I would highly suggest taking an Infopass for people whose priority dates are current, as I think a CSR put by immigation officer really helps. I got my welcome email within an hour of taking an infopass. My PD was Sep 2004, EB2 India. Will be making a good amount of contribution to IV soon. Thanks to everyone here and IV efforts.

kpchal2
09-08-2009, 01:06 PM
hi all
i think gc with in one hour of infopass is too good to believe. it is nice that you got it, but i think the application which is preapproved and with an officer will get his turn no matter what. the sr's and all are just a myth. true it will help move your file but not to a point where you can get your GC immediatly.
having said that it is definitely worth the try but just dont keep your hopes too high. know that there are lot of people who opened SRs through infopass and all - those few lucky ones who happened to coincide their srs with the green card approval seems to give the impression that it would be that that triggered their gcs, but i woudl suggest to use the information sparingly and not be emotionally attached to it. try and try and keep trying and hope and pray something happens.

rajsenthil
09-08-2009, 01:15 PM
Congrats to everyone who got approved. Enjoy your moment

Winner
09-08-2009, 01:24 PM
Finally got my GC ordered. I took a Infopass this morning itself. I would highly suggest taking an Infopass for people whose priority dates are current, as I think a CSR put by immigation officer really helps. I got my welcome email within an hour of taking an infopass. My PD was Sep 2004, EB2 India. Will be making a good amount of contribution to IV soon. Thanks to everyone here and IV efforts.

Congratulations. Thanks for recognizing IV's efforts

sanjay
09-08-2009, 01:32 PM
Hi,

Just opened a SR with NSC and just what to know is this how SR number looks like ?

# T1B2510900xxxNSC.

pappu
09-08-2009, 01:39 PM
Hi,

Just opened a SR with NSC and just what to know is this how SR number looks like ?

# T1B2510900xxxNSC.

You may want to look at tips posted in the donor forum to get GC. Since your date is current and you are past the processing times, SR is just one option. Congressman and Ombudsman are others that people use.

pushkarw
09-08-2009, 01:39 PM
Yep - that sounds right! I had something similar. Now its time to keep your fingers crossed.

Hi,

# T1B2510900xxxNSC.

rnednur
09-08-2009, 01:44 PM
took an infopass for 9/16 (earliest I got). Hopefully will get it before that.
Thx for the advice .

dc_giveus_gc
09-08-2009, 01:58 PM
Looking at the trends finally I have decided to call USCIS to know the status. Here's how conversation went.

1-800-375–5283
1-2-1-LINXXXXXXX-1-3-4(I found somewhere 3 goes to Customer Serive Rep, 4 goes to an IO, not sure though)

IO: What's the purpose of your call? (No greeting or introduction)
Me: I want to know the status of my 485 case. It has been outside the processing time frame for a very long time now.
IO: Classification (rude and very fast)
Me: Excuse me.
IO: What classification you are?
Me: EB2 (I was going to tell EB2-India, IO interrupted in between and did not even allowed me to tell that I'm from India)
IO: Are you current now?
Me: Yes
IO: We are processing applications based on the received date and you have to wait for some more time.
Me: Hmm.. I have been waiting for many years now.
IO: Unfortunately, you have to wait for some more time. You can check the status online for any updates.
Me: Are there any visa numbers still available?
IO: There's no way we can tell that.
Me: OK Thank you. Bye.

The whole conversation did not take more than 30 secs and I could not get any updates on my case. I was very surprised to see IO saying that I have to wait more time as she did not even ask me any questions about my case details. I felt as if IO did NOT want to talk at all. It looks like they just somehow want to end the call. I'm sure it's not just the RD that takes precedence and everything is just RANDOM.

junkoo
09-08-2009, 02:09 PM
Finally got the CPO email this morning for my wife and I.

EB2-I
PD: Sept 28th 2004
RD: August 6th 2007
ND: Sept 8th 2007

I did have an SR opened on Sept 3rd 2009 - but no response to it yet.

Congratulations to everyone who got their approvals so far. All the very best to people who are waiting. I am sure you will get yours pretty soon.

rnednur
09-08-2009, 02:20 PM
junkoo congrats ..

good thing is numbers are not over yet. so all "wait" watchers .. lets wait and watch some more to get our number ..

jsb
09-08-2009, 02:21 PM
.... I felt as if IO did NOT want to talk at all. It looks like they just somehow want to end the call. I'm sure it's not just the RD that takes precedence and everything is just RANDOM.

Randomness factor comes in from various sources.

(i) Centers claim that they process cases in order they (the centers) receive them. RD on your receipt is the mailroom date when USCIS officially received your case. However, boxes may lie unclaimed for months, until a center accepts them and enters in the system. Therefore center's receive date (which is close to ND) could be quite different.
(ii) Cases are not picked one at a time. For example if cases 1-100 may be given to A, and 101-200 to B, and both begin to work at the same time, case 101 will be handled much earlier than case 100
(iii) An IO might accept a work lot, but then suddently go away for an emergency leave, not knowing if he/she will be away for a day or for 10 days
(iv) Some cases may have missing info/doc, so they may be put aside (and then forgotten)
(v) Of course, other factors such as misreading your PD on your application, or leaving an application under a newspaper etc. are always a possibility.

saro28
09-08-2009, 02:27 PM
Guys,

How do I open Service Request? Do i need to go to Infopass online and take appointment?

What are the steps please.

thank you

sanjay
09-08-2009, 02:29 PM
You may want to look at tips posted in the donor forum to get GC. Since your date is current and you are past the processing times, SR is just one option. Congressman and Ombudsman are others that people use.

I did contact my local Congressman and gave my details and mailed a letter to Ombudsman for case status info.

Keeping my fingers crossed. I thinks thats the maximum I can do now as I had tried all the possible means.

dc_giveus_gc
09-08-2009, 02:33 PM

EB2-I

Congratulations to everyone who got their approvals so far. All the very best to people who are waiting. I am sure you will get yours pretty soon.
Congrats Junkoo. How were you able to create an SR? Did you ask them specifically to create an SR or did they do it for you?

kpchal2
09-08-2009, 02:39 PM
Randomness factor comes in from various sources.

(i) Centers claim that they process cases in order they (the centers) receive them. RD on your receipt is the mailroom date when USCIS officially received your case. However, boxes may lie unclaimed for months, until a center accepts them and enters in the system. Therefore center's receive date (which is close to ND) could be quite different.
(ii) Cases are not picked one at a time. For example if cases 1-100 may be given to A, and 101-200 to B, and both begin to work at the same time, case 101 will be handled much earlier than case 100
(iii) An IO might accept a work lot, but then suddently go away for an emergency leave, not knowing if he/she will be away for a day or for 10 days
(iv) Some cases may have missing info/doc, so they may be put aside (and then forgotten)
(v) Of course, other factors such as misreading your PD on your application, or leaving an application under a newspaper etc. are always a possibility.

I am really surprised that they keep letting that happen to us. I am particularly panicked about item 2. If one is really unlucky he could always end up at the end of the lot with some officer and never get his green card while other people keep getting it. Even though the odds of such a thing happening are less, nevertheless it is really bad for even one person to go through that. why cant they just take 5 or 10 at a time. why does this lot have to be that big that they have to ask for 100 at a time. i guess 1 to 2 days difference does not hurt but then anything beyond 10 to 15 days is bad as there is a chance that one might always seep through the crack and never get his or her green card. what a fate :-(

rcr_bulk
09-08-2009, 03:10 PM
After waiting so long. Checking status, reading forums every day, finally everything happened in a glance when enjoying holidays. Got CPO email on Sep 1st and with in a week , today received physical cards by mail. Hurray:)

pushkarw
09-08-2009, 03:17 PM
Do they send it by registered mail? Said differently, do u have to be physically present to sign anything?

After waiting so long. Checking status, reading forums every day, finally everything happened in a glance when enjoying holidays. Got CPO email on Sep 1st and with in a week , today received physical cards by mail. Hurray:)

rcr_bulk
09-08-2009, 03:22 PM
Just in USPS first class mail dropped in post box.

vxg
09-08-2009, 03:46 PM
folks,
can someone tell me how to open a new thread.

junkoo
09-08-2009, 03:55 PM
dc_gives_gc:

Here is the procedure I followed:
1. Picked the "outside processing times" option to talk to first level customer rep at NSC (Using POJ method). I think you can find this in other threads.
2. Explained to the rep that the received date is a month before the notice date.
3. Politely requested rep to open a referral (aka SR). She obliged.

Hope this helps.

GCNirvana007
09-08-2009, 04:26 PM

How many guys have received the physical card so far?

gondalguru
09-08-2009, 04:33 PM

EB2-I

Congratulations.

I have the similar PD of September 29th, 2004. I too opened SR on September 3rd. Still waiting. Called NSC today and got a nice IO who took her time / reviewed the case and told me that its with an officer. I asked how long does it take ? She replied that she doesnot know how much time she (officer)will take but I should be hearing something soon. Keeping my fingers crossed.

TeddyKoochu
09-08-2009, 04:36 PM
Many Congratulations to all who received their approvals! Hope the wait for others ends soon...

vxg
09-08-2009, 04:41 PM
folks,
Bookmark and Share

GCNirvana007
09-08-2009, 04:46 PM
folks,
Bookmark and Share

I usually go to Forums home and click one of the major headers, there you should see a button saying new thread

Winner
09-08-2009, 04:47 PM
folks,
Bookmark and Share

Navigate to : http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/
Scroll down and click on the area where you want to create a thread and then click on the "New thread" button.

You are not in IT, are you? :)

gcdallas
09-08-2009, 05:45 PM
Hello

This is my time to share the news.

My GC just approved, online status changed but no email yet.

PD : Dec 2004 with NSC

I talked to CSR on Friday afternoon and he opened SRs for myself, wife and my son.

gcdallas
09-08-2009, 05:55 PM
Just received emails as well.

I got RFE last year on my case regarding Employer verification. Also I filed AC21 this July when i switched the employer.

Thank you all and the Immigration Voice for all the help in last couple of years.

dc_giveus_gc
09-08-2009, 05:59 PM
Atlast it's party time for me too. Today (09/08/2009) for the first time I talked with a rude IO and was very upset as she said I have to wait for some more time without even asking my case details. But just moments back I received the magic email:

Current Status: Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident.

On September 8, 2009, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before you get your new card call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

rajarao
09-08-2009, 06:01 PM
Just got this email from CRIS, few minutes after I opened the SR; No idea of what ADIT is, but looks to be relief atlast afterlong wait of 11 years.

"On September 8, 2009, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later".

EB-2/India
PD June 2004.

scm303
09-08-2009, 06:02 PM
My PD is sep 04 still wating:(

rajarao
09-08-2009, 06:10 PM

Try calling USCIS; does not hurt; I was skeptical about calling USCIS, as last year when my PD became current, they opened RFE after I called them; I was holding on this year, but called today; within an hour the case status changed to welcoming permenant resident. i still can't believe, too good to be true...

Tortoise
09-08-2009, 06:24 PM
Hi Guys,

Does anyone got their USPS mail yet from 9/1/09 approvals? Mine was approved on that date and not received my card yet.

Pls advice me..

Thanks,
Sreeni

vikki76
09-08-2009, 06:29 PM
Called, Got SR opened, Got Infopass apt and visited office but still nothing going on with the case. IO at Infopass said that visa numbers are still available this month so only thing one can do is wait.
My LUD was early this year only due to address change and one RFE last year

scm303
09-08-2009, 06:33 PM
Just got this email from CRIS, few minutes after I opened the SR; No idea of what ADIT is, but looks to be relief atlast afterlong wait of 11 years.

"On September 8, 2009, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later".

EB-2/India
PD June 2004.

Congrats...I opend a SR today.. Hope it will work...

gcjourney04
09-08-2009, 06:35 PM
hi all,

we got our approval email on sep 1. today we received both the physical cards and the welcoming letters in postal mail. hope everybody will receive their card soon. thanks

natrajs
09-08-2009, 06:36 PM

EB-2/India
PD June 2004.

Congrats and Best Wishes

I am still waiting for the magic e mail

vxg
09-08-2009, 07:21 PM
Folks,
I received a call from Local USCIS office in Memphis from a nice IO telling me that the GC for me and wife has been approved on 9/4/09 however the cards will not be ordered until they get the Biometrics uploaded. I took an INFOPASS last week and met one of the nicest IO you could imagine. She looked at my case and said you should be approved by now and than she Called TSC and kept insisting to the IO in TSC that my file need to be assigned to an IO and should be approved. She was told that since my receipt no starts with EAC the Biometrics data is not uploaded however the case can be approved without it.
She sent an email to TSC asking for Biometrics upload and requesting case review for approval on 9/4/09 itself guess what few hours later they approved the case however online status still says pending. The IO at Memphis was so nice that she called my cell on Tuesday morning 9 AM and informed me that she received a reply from TSC stating the case approval but card production will be ordered after Biometrics upload. I called TSC myself and the IP there confirmed case approval and said that online status is incorrect. Last week i also wrote to my Congressman's office and surprisingly the secretary from Congressman's office called and informed me that she talked to TSC and TSC confirmed case approved and Biometrics needed for cards.
I really thank the nice IO at Memphis office as without her sending emails and pushing TSC my file may still be in a box in the basement. She did mention that this problem is common with all cases which were transferred to VSC thus all receipts with EAC # will see issue with Biometrics. She also confirmed that my FP was renewed electronically in March 2009 as i only did one FP in NOv 2007, no second FP needed.
I hope to get the cards soon. Thanks all and good luck. I strongly suggest take an INFOPASS and if you are lucky you may get a good IO.

raaki
09-08-2009, 07:33 PM
Got the magic email today afternoon.

somename
09-08-2009, 07:38 PM
Hi,
Got the mail a few hrs back for 485 approval (spouse and myself).
Had 2 RFEs during the last window (aug - sept 2008) and then I had callled NSC few days back for my application status.

WaitingForMyGC
09-08-2009, 09:21 PM
Received CPO email for me and my wife today after I opened SR this morning.

asjagan
09-08-2009, 09:28 PM
Today I received following response to SR from NSC, have any one received similar response?

Note: SR was requested on Sep 04 evening.

====

Type of service requested:
-- Outside Normal Processing Times

The status of this service request is:

Due to the pending caseload at the Nebraska Service Center, the processing time of your I-485 application has been extended. Allow extra time for an Officer to review your application. Furthermore, if all initial evidence was not included with you application, or a question arose during adjudication that required a Request For Evidence, additional time would be needed.

Your application remains awaiting review by an Officer and you will be notified as soon as a decision is made. The Service is waiting for VISA availability.

If you have any further questions, please call the National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283.

Please remember: By law, every person who is not a U.S. citizen and who is over the age of 14 must submit Form AR-11 AND notify this office of their change of address, within 10 days from when they move (persons in "A" or "G" nonimmigrant status are exempt from this requirement). To notify this office of a move, visit our website at: USCIS Home Page (http://www.uscis.gov) or call the National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283. The Form AR-11 can be downloaded from our website or you can call the National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283 and we can order one for you. Instructions for filing the Form AR-11, including mailing instructions, are included on the Form.

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
====

ruchigup
09-08-2009, 09:37 PM
This is the reply got -

Your application is currently with an officer; you will be notified when a decision has been made or if additional information is needed.

If you have any further questions, please call the National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283.

vjkypally
09-08-2009, 09:44 PM
Looks like all approvals are from NSC today. Any TSC approvals?

Sleepless_in_Seattle
09-08-2009, 09:44 PM
This is what I got for SR on 4th. Sept:

----

Your case is currently under review. You should receive a decision or notice of other action within 60 days of the date of this letter.

----

Not sure what it means.

ksrk
09-08-2009, 09:54 PM
I was quite surprised to notice that folks were receiving responses to SR opened last week - to the point of disbelief, to be honest - so I looked my inbox a little closer and lo and behold! a timely response (for once) from the USCIS.
I now see some (pale green) light in that dark warehouse I was groping in for that past two years...hopefully it is more meaningful than a mirage in a desert.

Wishing everyone the best of luck!

(SR opened Thu Sept. 03, 2009)

Your application is currently with an officer; you will be notified when a decision has been made or if additional information is needed.

Please remember: By law, every person who is not a U.S. citizen and who is over the age of 14 must submit Form AR-11 AND notify this office of their change of address, within 10 days from when they move (persons in "A" or "G" nonimmigrant status are exempt from this requirement). To notify this office of a move, visit our website at: USCIS Home Page (http://www.uscis.gov) or call the National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283. The Form AR-11 can be downloaded from our website or you can call the National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283 and we can order one for you. Instructions for filing the Form AR-11, including mailing instructions, are included on the Form.

nni123
09-08-2009, 10:43 PM
I got the plastic card today by mail.

09/01/2009 - "Card Production ordered email"
09/04/2009- "Approval notice received in mail"
09/08/2009 - "Plastic card in hand"

You will see series of LUD on your file after you received first notification from USCIS if your finger print and everything else in place.

Good Luck to all.

BTW: I am not sad but GC might to be too late or little looking at US economy.. time will tell

GCNirvana007
09-08-2009, 10:49 PM
I got the plastic card today by mail.

09/01/2009 - "Card Production ordered email"
09/04/2009- "Approval notice received in mail"
09/08/2009 - "Plastic card in hand"

You will see series of LUD on your file after you received first notification from USCIS if your finger print and everything else in place.

Good Luck to all.

BTW: I am not sad but GC might to be too late or little looking at US economy.. time will tell

Got CPO on Sept 1st , thats about it. Anybody in the same boat?.

popoye
09-08-2009, 11:49 PM
Hey Guys

Is it possible that some of the approvals are out of order. My friend recently got the GC with April 2005 as priority date. Is that even possible ?

boreal
09-09-2009, 12:04 AM
Got CPO on Sept 1st , thats about it. Anybody in the same boat?.

Looking at this post I have to wonder if humans will ever be satisfied! Can this worrying not stop or will it take hold of us for the rest of our lives?

nagkad
09-09-2009, 12:06 AM
I got my physical cards today, my case is from NSC

I got CPO email on 02/09, welcome notice email on 02/09, CPO email on 03/09
06/09 received approval notice sent email.
08/09 received GC and welcome notice through postal mail.

good luck for every one.

gclongwaytogo
09-09-2009, 12:09 AM
Get any emails...my online status also didn't change. :)

GCNirvana007
09-09-2009, 12:17 AM
Looking at this post I have to wonder if humans will ever be satisfied! Can this worrying not stop or will it take hold of us for the rest of our lives?

:p I am the last one to be worried buddy. You didnt see my post when i got CPO.

I will tell you why i asked. I am in india right now. H1B and AP expires in a week and i havent applied for renewal and i have to comeback in 10 days.

Get it?.

gcsatya
09-09-2009, 12:19 AM
My wife and my cases were approved on 9/1, received letters today (9/8). However, it says ... "The above application has been approved. Prior to receiving your permanent resident card you may be required to report for biometrics processing (photo/fingerprint/signature). Please do not take any action at this time. If you are required to report for this processing, you will receive another notice advising you of the date, time and location to appear."

is this normal? Have anyone of you received similar letter?

vxg
09-09-2009, 12:59 AM
My wife and my cases were approved on 9/1, received letters today (9/8). However, it says ... "The above application has been approved. Prior to receiving your permanent resident card you may be required to report for biometrics processing (photo/fingerprint/signature). Please do not take any action at this time. If you are required to report for this processing, you will receive another notice advising you of the date, time and location to appear."

is this normal? Have anyone of you received similar letter?

It is likely that they have not uploaded you biometrics in system. I am in same situation where TSC IO told me that i am approved but Biometrics need upload before card can be ordered. Just call them and followup to get Biometrics uploaded if they have it in the system if not they may ask for another FP but no worries you are good.

chaukas
09-09-2009, 02:01 AM
Finally received the approval email at 9 PM .

lambu2
09-09-2009, 02:27 AM
ALL,
My Greend card approved today evening.
Wish you all the best for all who are still waiting. Hope every one will get it soon and thanks to IV team.

kams
09-09-2009, 08:34 AM
Hello all,

Today we received the email. (Primary and Two dependents)

On September 8, 2009, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before you get your new card call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

PD- EB2 Dec 2004
We opened a SR on Friday and Viola..

Good luck guys.

rpat1968
09-09-2009, 11:29 AM
Did any one get any approvals today - on this special day of 09-09-09?

My PD is July 2004 and I am still waiting. Opened SR of 09/03/09 with no help. Will attend an Infopass tomorrow morning in Dallas, TX.

Good luck to me and everyone waiting!

vjkypally
09-09-2009, 11:37 AM
Atleast yesterday all approvals were from Nebraska. Not sure what is happening in TSC.

gclongwaytogo
09-09-2009, 11:38 AM
Did any one get any approvals today - on this special day of 09-09-09?

My PD is July 2004 and I am still waiting. Opened SR of 09/03/09 with no help. Will attend an Infopass tomorrow morning in Dallas, TX.

Good luck to me and everyone waiting!

Yesterday me and my wife took off from work and went for infopass after travelling for 3 hours.....The IO/CSR, (dont know who it was) was not ready to even tell me what the status of the application is. Repeatedly inform me to wait as it is just 5th working day of september...My case was pre adjudicated in september of 2008 itself, but was not approved because they didn't have the visa numbers. I really do not wait for one more year....One full day wasted and the vacation gone. useless.

ckarri
09-09-2009, 11:50 AM
Hello All,

I had a PD of Aug 2004 ,EB 2,July 2 filer (I-485).Got an email on Sep 4th that Card was Ordered and Welcome letter sent.On Sep 8th,I got the welcome letter with the visa number.

senthilask
09-09-2009, 12:15 PM
Hello all,

Today we received the email. (Primary and One dependent)

PD- EB2 AUG 2004-NSC

FYI..
Yesterday we opened an SR and apparently it seems to work. As stated by other members I would also encourage those who are waiting for approval with PD being current to open an SR for what ever its worth.

Good luck to all. Thanks to IV team and Members for the great forum.

Bpositive
09-09-2009, 12:18 PM
Guys - I would really appreciate it if you can tell me how to open a service request...

after calling 1-800-375-5283...is it option 2?

Thank you

senthilask
09-09-2009, 12:23 PM
I just followed the instruction from Page 19 by member : pushkarw

Guys - I would really appreciate it if you can tell me how to open a service request...

after calling 1-800-375-5283...is it option 2?

Thank you

GCNirvana007
09-09-2009, 12:30 PM
I cant stress this enough. Everybody who is current and waiting for approval, please open SR, infopass etc. This is the time you have been waiting for. Make full use of it. Pass on this information to friends who are not in this forum as well.

Also dont let the IO drive the conversation. Dont be submissive. Be authoritative. 2004 EB2 waited the most and deserve it thoroughly. If they say its under review, tell them its under review for 5 yrs, you need an answer.

skynet2500
09-09-2009, 12:38 PM
Can someone let me know how to open service request.? I am not sure how soon I get an info pass appointment, but I will check. My PD is not current, but still I want to try. Thanks.

sku
09-09-2009, 12:40 PM
I already opened SR, But no news so far

Processing Center : NSC
PD : 3rd Sept 2004
EB2
Receive Date : 2nd July 2007 (Received at TSC later transferred to NSC)

vjkypally
09-09-2009, 12:57 PM
Were you approved on 9/9/9?

Hello all,

Today we received the email. (Primary and One dependent)

PD- EB2 AUG 2004-NSC

FYI..
Yesterday we opened an SR and apparently it seems to work. As stated by other members I would also encourage those who are waiting for approval with PD being current to open an SR for what ever its worth.

Good luck to all. Thanks to IV team and Members for the great forum.

GCNirvana007
09-09-2009, 01:07 PM
I already opened SR, But no news so far

Processing Center : NSC
PD : 3rd Sept 2004
EB2
Receive Date : 2nd July 2007 (Received at TSC later transferred to NSC)

Call them again and ask for an update

gveerab
09-09-2009, 01:18 PM
I opened SR yesterday, the lady was very helpful and opened SR. Didn't ask for the PD or ND etc.

Following are the steps I followed.
- called 1800 number and selected " my application is out of processing times"
- then it was call routed to Customer Rep, she told her name and badge nuber
- took all my details and gave the reference number for SR
- also told me to call back, if there is no response within 45 days.

Hope this will help.

Can someone let me know how to open service request.? I am not sure how soon I get an info pass appointment, but I will check. My PD is not current, but still I want to try. Thanks.

GCNirvana007
09-09-2009, 01:25 PM

If USCIS approves a case when PD isnt current, we are just happy for them. However you initiating the process knowing lot of deserving people waiting ahead of you sounds borderline unethical, dont you think?.

seekerofpeace
09-09-2009, 01:31 PM
GCNirvana007 (I wish you had a shorter avatar...see mine is SoP)
Anyway I guess you raise a very important issue....but ethics is something which is inherent and it can't be forced on to people...wish people are reasonable .....but as you know from where we come especially for me from Delhi....people have a habit of going out of turn and feels proud about it be it for a bus queue or taxi queue or ration queue...

I really feel bad for older PDs.............

May better sense prevail...

SoP

senthilask
09-09-2009, 01:35 PM
We received the approval notice email today 9/9/9.

----------------------------------
On September 8, 2009, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status.
----------------------------------

Were you approved on 9/9/9?

sku
09-09-2009, 01:38 PM
Hey don't say such things to Delhites..I am from Delhi too.. :):)
If you try to break ration line there...people behind you will break you.. literally. :p
USCIS it self is beyond ethics...Even if your PD is current...People with older PD's are waiting..and newer ones are getting approved...

Just to be clear...I am still waiting

GCNirvana007 (I wish you had a shorter avatar...see mine is SoP)
Anyway I guess you raise a very important issue....but ethics is something which is inherent and it can't be forced on to people...wish people are reasonable .....but as you know from where we come especially for me from Delhi....people have a habit of going out of turn and feels proud about it be it for a bus queue or taxi queue or ration queue...

I really feel bad for older PDs.............

May better sense prevail...

adobe howm
09-09-2009, 01:43 PM
This is the reply got -

Question - Did you receive this message via e-mail notification or by postal notice ?

skynet2500
09-09-2009, 01:52 PM
If it hurts someone else's chances, I wouldn't do it. But I am not sure if this will really hurst someone else. Ethical or unethical is purely subjective and we can debate on this for days. I wouldn't get into that. There are lots of things happened to many people in the forum becuase of screwup from lawyers, USCIS etc.. so it is fair to do what ever to improve the chances for everyone.

sin94
09-09-2009, 01:52 PM
Today morning the 485 status of my wife and me changed

On September 4, 2009, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I485

MY PD Oct 04 and just yesterday I contacted the USCIS and got connected to a IO who said that my application is still under review and under the general processing time frame (my notice date was Oct 15th 2007) although I was a July 07 filer.

Big relief considering the current economic environment.
thanks all the support and well wishes I pray the folks waiting will be as fortunate as we were.

BTW one clarification the first time I contacted the USCIS 800# I was incorrectly informed that my case is pending standard processing at the VSC (even though I received a transfer notice to TSC) I just updated my tracker to reflect the change

sanjay
09-09-2009, 02:06 PM
Call them again and ask for an update

To get an update on already opened SR, you have to wait for 30 days.

seekerofpeace
09-09-2009, 02:25 PM
I love Delhi being raised there and spent better part of my life.....but not necessarily I have the same opinion on auto rickshaw wallas or taxi drivers or others ...I saw much more discipline in Mumbai...

In any case what i meant is what is fair and what is not....No one will object to if it is a FIFO system...but someone who is not even current but getting approved or opening case files is ludicrous.

SoP

ksrk
09-09-2009, 02:26 PM

I must admit I had the same reaction - I guess it is human nature to worry - if not about getting to step 10, once there about getting to step 11 or beyond! LMAO!!!

GC007, maybe you should take a leaf out of your book of advice you were eager to share from last week! :) Anyways, good luck to you and everyone else eagerly awaiting their approvals.

ymk
09-09-2009, 02:26 PM
Guys, Any thoughts on this...

This is my situation.

I applied 485 around Sep 07 and my priority date is Dec 04.

I got married last year and applied 485 for my wife who was on H1 around August 2008 when PD was current last year.
Her application went to TSC and my application was in NSC.

Recently we both had Soft LUD's on our 485 applicaitons and I just received an email today from USCIS that her case is transferred
to NSC and will be processed there.

" Current Status: Case Transfered to Another Office for Processing
On September 4, 2009, we transferred this case I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS to our
LINCOLN, NE location for processing and sent you a notice explaining this action. "

Any thoughts how will USCIS will process our applications. Combined? Individually...

Anyone in similar situation....

Thanks,
K

sku
09-09-2009, 02:46 PM
My Case was also went to TSC then transffered to NSC and my status says same as yours

hydboy77
09-09-2009, 02:57 PM
According to on 09/08/07 there were 33 approvals, all 33 of them are from NSC and not a single approval from TSC. on 09/04/09 there were 29 approvals 23 are from NSC and 6 are from TSC. Are they sleeping. The first 2 days of this month the majority of the approvals came from TSC but since then there is almost no approvals comming out of TSC. Strange are the ways of USCIS. The problem is there is no accountability for them. nobody gives a damn about EB.

amitga
09-09-2009, 03:03 PM
According to on 09/08/07 there were 33 approvals, all 33 of them are from NSC and not a single approval from TSC. on 09/04/09 there were 29 approvals 23 are from NSC and 6 are from TSC. Are they sleeping. The first 2 days of this month the majority of the approvals came from TSC but since then there is almost no approvals comming out of TSC. Strange are the ways of USCIS. The problem is there is no accountability for them. nobody gives a damn about EB.

MAy be TSC was faster than NCS and already completed most of 2004 applications last year itself.

GCOptimist
09-09-2009, 03:04 PM
Finally myself and my wife got welcome emails. Not sure if there is any relationship between opening an SR getting green, i opened SR on 3rd of September 2009.

Priority Date: September 20, 2004
Category: EB2
Notice Date: September 07, 2007
July filer

Thank you IV for your invaluable suggestions. I hope everyone gets green ASAP.

vxg
09-09-2009, 03:12 PM
Guys, Any thoughts on this...

This is my situation.

I applied 485 around Sep 07 and my priority date is Dec 04.

I got married last year and applied 485 for my wife who was on H1 around August 2008 when PD was current last year.
Her application went to TSC and my application was in NSC.

Recently we both had Soft LUD's on our 485 applicaitons and I just received an email today from USCIS that her case is transferred
to NSC and will be processed there.

" Current Status: Case Transfered to Another Office for Processing
On September 4, 2009, we transferred this case I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS to our
LINCOLN, NE location for processing and sent you a notice explaining this action. "

Any thoughts how will USCIS will process our applications. Combined? Individually...

Anyone in similar situation....

Thanks,
K

I think it is normal and good as they should keep the primary and derivative cases together for approval thus they transferred your wife's case to NSC.

rnednur
09-09-2009, 03:25 PM
same thing for me on my service request :

Recently, you phoned us regarding your I-485 application.

Based on your request we researched the status of your I-485 applications. Due to the pending caseload at the Nebraska Service Center, the processing time of your I-485 application has been extended. Allow extra time for an Officer to review your application. Furthermore, if all initial evidence was not included with your application or a question arose during adjudication that required a Request for Evidence, additional time would be needed. There appears to be a Visa available according to the September 2009 Visa Bulletin; however, your application is currently being reviewed by an Officer and you will be notified as soon as a decision is made.

npraveen
09-09-2009, 03:35 PM
I just called and talked to on IO at NSC. The lady said my case is with an officer.
Is this a good sign? Does it mean if everything is okay my case will be processed soon. :)

PD: Nov 2004
July '07 filer. Sep 20 '07 notice date.
Received RFE Oct '08
Soft LUT Aug 18'09

Cheers

vxg
09-09-2009, 03:36 PM
I just called and talked to on IO at NSC. The lady said my case is with an officer.
Is this a good sign? Does it mean if everything is okay my case will be processed soon. :)

Received RFE Oct '08
Soft LUT Aug 18'09

Cheers

Yes if it is with an officer you should be greened soon.

geesee
09-09-2009, 03:37 PM
Finally myself and my wife got welcome emails. Not sure if there is any relationship between opening an SR getting green, i opened SR on 3rd of September 2009.

Priority Date: September 20, 2004
Category: EB2
Notice Date: September 07, 2007
July filer

Thank you IV for your invaluable suggestions. I hope everyone gets green ASAP.

Congrats!

I have been hesitating to open an SR for my 485 case, but after reading few posts similar to yours, finally I pulled the trigger... opened the SR today... i was told that my case is preadjudicated but not assigned to any officer. I requested to talk to an IO but she denied since the case is not yet assigned...oh well... keeping fingers crossed..

GCNirvana007
09-09-2009, 04:10 PM
I must admit I had the same reaction - I guess it is human nature to worry - if not about getting to step 10, once there about getting to step 11 or beyond! LMAO!!!

GC007, maybe you should take a leaf out of your book of advice you were eager to share from last week! :) Anyways, good luck to you and everyone else eagerly awaiting their approvals.

:p i am NOT worried, it was just an observation. i also explained why i asked. Since you took time to mention this, i will reiterate. I am in india right now and both my H1B and AP expires in a week and i didnt renew and i have to return in 10 days. I can do that only i receive the card. You see the point.

Really hope all the deserved ones get it, of course KSRK too.

vxg
09-09-2009, 04:20 PM
Folks,
My GC was approved on 9/4/09 however i have not received cards or welcome letter yet, even the online status says case pending however I have confirmed it from TSC two time that case is approved and cards are ordered.
I need to travel to India for a family emergency in Sept. What is the way to go should i use AP or go to USCIS Field office and get passport stamped. I am little concerned as so far i do not have any written proof saying i am approved however TSC confirmed it, my congressman's office confirmed approval too. Any suggestions anyone done this before.

jsb
09-09-2009, 04:52 PM
Folks,
My GC was approved on 9/4/09 however i have not received cards or welcome letter yet, even the online status says case pending however I have confirmed it from TSC two time that case is approved and cards are ordered.
I need to travel to India for a family emergency in Sept. What is the way to go should i use AP or go to USCIS Field office and get passport stamped. I am little concerned as so far i do not have any written proof saying i am approved however TSC confirmed it, my congressman's office confirmed approval too. Any suggestions anyone done this before.

If you have AP, you should use it for travel without worrying. On your return your status will show as Approved. Status update, emails, etc. are different check marks. Therefore, those guys don't always remember to check mark all the boxes. Real approval is the paper approval, and order of cards.

ram112
09-09-2009, 05:15 PM
Received GC plastic in mail today. I had just Card Porduction ordered e-mail and no updated from then . I was approved on Sept 1.

rpat1968
09-09-2009, 05:19 PM
Hello every one -

Received Reponse to SR and Found that USCIS has put my case under EB3 instead of EB2. See the response below. Please read the SR responses clearly.
I called USCIS and explained the situation and the CSR opened an expedited SR. Also I have an infopass appointment tomorrow morning in Dallas USCIS office.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
U.S. Department of Homeland Security
P.O. BOX 82521
NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER
LINCOLN,NE 68501

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Emailed to XXXXX

Dear M. XXXX:

On 09/03/2009 you, or the designated representative shown below, contacted us about your case. Some of the key information given to us at that time was the following:

Caller indicated they are:
-- Applicant or Petitioner

Attorney Name:
-- Information not available

Case type:
-- I485

Filing date:
-- 07/02/2007

Receipt #:
-- LIN-07-230-XXXXXX

Referral ID:
T1BxxxxxxxxxNSC
Beneficiary (if you filed for someone else):

Your USCIS Account Number (A-number):
-- XXXXXXXX

Based on your request we researched the status of your I-485 application. We are actively processing this case. However, Employment-Based, 3rd Preference, India, does not have a VISA available at this time according to the September 2009 Visa Bulletin. You may visit the State Department website at www.travel.state.gov/visas to view this information regarding VISA availability. Service records indicate your case is currently waiting to be reviewed by an officer. You will receive a decision or notice of other action once your case is adjudicated. The Service is waiting for Visa availability.

---------------------------------------------------
MY PD : 07/08/2004
ND : 08/09/2007
NSC
RFE : 04/04/2009 Submit EVL for Me and Marriage Certificate for Wife.

apb
09-09-2009, 05:24 PM
I called and spoke first with CSR and then IO. He said case is still being worked on and not pre-adjudicated. My question is how do we determine online if case is pre-adjudicated or not?

Below is the email I got for my SR

Your case is currently under review with an officer. You should receive a decision or notice of other action within 90 days of the date of this letter.

Any input is much appreciated.

gbof
09-09-2009, 05:35 PM
Hello every one -

Received Reponse to SR and Found that USCIS has put my case under EB3 instead of EB2. See the response below. Please read the SR responses clearly.
I called USCIS and explained the situation and the CSR opened an expedited SR. Also I have an infopass appointment tomorrow morning in Dallas USCIS office.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
U.S. Department of Homeland Security
P.O. BOX 82521
NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER
LINCOLN,NE 68501

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Emailed to XXXXX

Dear M. XXXX:

On 09/03/2009 you, or the designated representative shown below, contacted us about your case. Some of the key information given to us at that time was the following:

Caller indicated they are:
-- Applicant or Petitioner

Attorney Name:

Case type:
-- I485

Filing date:
-- 07/02/2007

Receipt #:
-- LIN-07-230-XXXXXX

Referral ID:
T1BxxxxxxxxxNSC
Beneficiary (if you filed for someone else):

Your USCIS Account Number (A-number):
-- XXXXXXXX

Based on your request we researched the status of your I-485 application. We are actively processing this case. However, Employment-Based, 3rd Preference, India, does not have a VISA available at this time according to the September 2009 Visa Bulletin. You may visit the State Department website at www.travel.state.gov/visas to view this information regarding VISA availability. Service records indicate your case is currently waiting to be reviewed by an officer. You will receive a decision or notice of other action once your case is adjudicated. The Service is waiting for Visa availability.

---------------------------------------------------
MY PD : 07/08/2004
ND : 08/09/2007
NSC
RFE : 04/04/2009 Submit EVL for Me and Marriage Certificate for Wife.

Sometime, You get real non-sense by opening SR. Last yr when current, i opened SR and also contacted congressman.
The responses were like:
Your constituent has 2-pending I-485 petitions- one EB2 and one EB3 blah-blah... God, I had only and ONLY one EB2 with an approved I-140 (Adv degree-Exceptional ability). My attorney said forget the bull-shit

irock
09-09-2009, 05:38 PM
Not to chill your hopes. I called few times USCIS and every time they told me that my case is with an officer since 9/3/09 & my case is pre adjudicated. Still waiting for the approval :(
I think each IO will get a pile of apps, and we need to get lucky to have our app on the top of the pile.

Received RFE Oct '08
Soft LUT Aug 18'09

Cheers

rpat1968
09-09-2009, 05:39 PM
My Attorney told me to send by postal Mail the I140 copy along with the SR email response to NSC. I will do that and also I have an infopass appointment tomorrow and see if teh IO can help me with this issue.

Does any one know the expedited procedure for sending documents to NSC or FAX number for faxing documents to NSC?

kpchal2
09-09-2009, 05:39 PM
i absolutely second that. uscis responses are absolutely ridiculous. but it is always good to keep your lawyer posted and find out what happened. those people dont understand the delicate nature of the matter at hand and do what they feel like. absolutely disgusting. please make sure you talk to your attorney and make sure they have the stuff in place and get moving on your case. good luck.

MYGC2008
09-09-2009, 05:41 PM
[QUOTE=rpat1968;868336]Hello every one -

Received Reponse to SR and Found that USCIS has put my case under EB3 instead of EB2.

Hello RPAT1968,

Please take a look at your I-140 and reconfirm wheather it is EB3 or EB2.

If you have applied under EB2, your I-140 must say
" Mem of Professional w/Adv Deg, or of Exceptn'l Ability Sec 203 (b) (2)"

You have mentioned that you have taken infopass. Please take all necessary documents to prove that you are under EB2.

Best of luck.

kpchal2
09-09-2009, 05:42 PM
hey irock - ui guess we are on the same bus. i was told the same thing and was told that the file is with an officer for quite some time - i guess the 2nd of this month and still waiting to be approved. disappointing but just keeping my hopes high. my fingers are tired of refreshing my gmail account :-). sometime soon enough we will be posting hte good news. keep up the spirit buddy :-)

Not to chill your hopes. I called few times USCIS and every time they told me that my case is with an officer since 9/3/09 & my case is pre adjudicated. Still waiting for the approval :(
I think each IO will get a pile of apps, and we need to get lucky to have our app on the top of the pile.

madanreddy
09-09-2009, 05:43 PM
finally received the approval email. y'day opened SR...It might revived my dead application..
Thank you all for keeping me sane. All the best to you

PD sep 2004
RD-aug 2007

GCfast
09-09-2009, 05:43 PM

Center: TSC
Priority date: Nov 2004
July fiasco filer - Aug 20, 2004 (receipt date)
July 2nd, 2004 - Notice date

On googling further, i believe ADIT processing is just some formality or just wait till GC arrives via mail i guess.

So I am green!! Looks like.

Prayers and best wishes to all at IV..

thanks

GCfast
09-09-2009, 05:49 PM
Pls. note my priority date is Nov 2004, not Nov 2007..thanks

ksrk
09-09-2009, 05:53 PM
:p i am NOT worried, it was just an observation. i also explained why i asked. Since you took time to mention this, i will reiterate. I am in india right now and both my H1B and AP expires in a week and i didnt renew and i have to return in 10 days. I can do that only i receive the card. You see the point.

Really hope all the deserved ones get it, of course KSRK too.

Right! Each of us has our reasons, expressed or not. Hopefully, you will receive the card in time not to suffer the hassles of renewal - in the meantime, do enjoy your time in the homeland! :) And Godspeed!

GCfast
09-09-2009, 05:53 PM
sorry team here are my correct details..messed up bcos of the excitement...

Priority date: nov 2004
Receipt date: Aug 20, 2007
Notice date: July 2nd 2007
center: TSC..

GCNirvana007
09-09-2009, 05:57 PM
Right! Each of us has our reasons, expressed or not. Hopefully, you will receive the card in time not to suffer the hassles of renewal - in the meantime, do enjoy your time in the homeland! :) And Godspeed!

:p You really arent convinced arent you. Anyways, i dont need to prove it. Hope you get it soon bud.

kbsyed61
09-09-2009, 06:08 PM
Congrats to all the new approvals.

I thought should update you guys. Mine was approved on Sep 3 along with my wife and daughter. First we received the CRIS email about welcome letter being mailed. Then followed the CPO email. Then yesterday by Post we received the copies of 'Welcome Letter Notice'. Original being sent to my attorney. Still no sign of Physical Cards yet.

Today received one more CRIS email saying "Approval Notice Sent". Then Received another email from USCIS responding to SR opened on 09/02. The final disposition says that Cards were sent on 09/09. For My daughter the SR response says it is 'RESENT'. I am not sure what this means.

In any case hoping to see the physical cards after 12 years of H1B status.

I wish all the best all those who are in queue.

Regards,
kbsyed61

pushkarw
09-09-2009, 06:12 PM
To all my IV friends who have received approvals, Congratulations! For folks who are still waiting, hang in there! I was one of the lucky ones who got approved recently and I wish the same for everyone who is waiting. A big thank you to IV - a place to come share good news, bad news, frustrations, successes, failures and of course shayari (poetry). I have received several PM's asking questions around SR's and other topics. Keep them coming and I will try to answer them as soon as possible.

Good Luck, Godspeed, Keep Trucking!

dwhuser
09-09-2009, 06:15 PM
Allright people, I'm done pinching myself and wiping tears off my face. I am happy to announce the arrival of CPO email for my spouse the primary applicant as of 9/9/09. My application status is still showing pending but I am happy with his approval.
A colleague told me today is going to be a lucky day because of the 9/9/09 and I smiled sarcastically now..I owe her a lunch :)
Good luck to all waiting out there. Be positive...
Yes !!! Yes !!! Yes !!! Hamara number aayah hain ( Partially though) :)

gc4arun
09-09-2009, 06:30 PM
Hi all,

Finally our card production has been ordered. I opened a service request for me and my wife on friday, and looks like it worked real fast.

Good luck to everyone, and yes its a good idea to take infopass and /or open SR if your dates are current.

Receipt Number: src072*******

On September 5, 2009, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

NolaIndian32
09-09-2009, 06:41 PM
I rec'd the CPO e-mail on 9/1/09 around 9am. On 9/5/09 Saturday, i received a copy of the Welcome New Permanent Resident letter at home, and today my case status was updated with todays date 9/9/09 to state that on 9/8/09 we sent you a notice welcoming new perm resident.....

can you spell "TIMELINE"?? :D lol

-Nola

Center: TSC
Priority date: Nov 2004
July fiasco filer - Aug 20, 2004 (receipt date)
July 2nd, 2004 - Notice date

On googling further, i believe ADIT processing is just some formality or just wait till GC arrives via mail i guess.

So I am green!! Looks like.

Prayers and best wishes to all at IV..

thanks

chi_shark
09-09-2009, 06:49 PM
All
Charge-ability
Areas
Except
Those
Listed

CHINA-
mainland born INDIA MEXICO PHILIP-PINES
Employ-ment
-Based

1st C C C C C
2nd C 22MAR05 22JAN05 C C
3rd 01JUN02 22FEB02 15APR01 01MAY02 01JUN02

shaq
09-09-2009, 06:58 PM
Eb2 - i - 22jan05

GThak
09-09-2009, 08:02 PM
Received the email welcoming the new permanent resident for both myself and my spouse. We are very happy.:) I was very close to opening an SR since my PD was Apr, 04, but got the card without one anyhow. We received a RFE in August, 08 and got approved today finally after close to 11 years in US of A. Best of luck to everyone waiting in queue!

adobe howm
09-09-2009, 08:03 PM
finally received the approval email. y'day opened SR...It might revived my dead application..
Thank you all for keeping me sane. All the best to you

PD sep 2004
RD-aug 2007

Can you provide us details about your fingerprint i.e. when was the last time you did - my objective is just to figure out the fact that not having the latest FP would be a blocker for approving case?

palemguy
09-09-2009, 08:09 PM
After 6 years of waiting, got the welcome notice today.

On September 9, 2009, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before you get your new card call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register

I am not sure what is ADIT processing. Do we have to do anything to get the physical card?

I wish good luck for every one who is waiting to be greened.

adobe howm
09-09-2009, 08:16 PM
After 6 years of waiting, got the welcome notice today.

On September 9, 2009, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before you get your new card call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register

I am not sure what is ADIT processing. Do we have to do anything to get the physical card?

I wish good luck for every one who is waiting to be greened.

Congratulations!

May be someone explains what is ADIT means. Would you mind give us some details about your Finger Print i.e. when was last time you did - I know that it only valid for 15 months - just trying to figure out not having the latest FP results in case pending ?

Jyothi
09-09-2009, 08:17 PM
come to this county in 1996 for my MS and today
09/09/09 we got the magic mail.

I sincerely wish every one get their GC soon..

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

On September 5, 2009, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

*Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at USCIS Home Page (http://www.uscis.gov) under Case Status and Processing Dates.
*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

adobe howm
09-09-2009, 08:23 PM

*Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at USCIS Home Page (http://www.uscis.gov) under Case Status and Processing Dates.

Sincerely,

very well deserved - congratulations. you got a good patience that you can be proud of (um.. more than your gc). btw could you share us details about your FP - when was last done ?

asjagan
09-09-2009, 08:38 PM
Today after spoke with NSC IO I got soft LUD. Have any one got soft LUD after spoke to IO?

adobe howm
09-09-2009, 08:45 PM
Today after spoke with NSC IO I got soft LUD. Have any one got soft LUD after spoke to IO?

Hi there... at least somebody is working on your case. be happy about it, I am sure soon will get a good news. do not forget to share that news here.

So what was the 1800 number that used to reach IO - I only managed to talked with CSR and second level CSR - could not find a way to talk to IO directly.

If you dialed the same number that I dialed which is 1800-375-5283 - Can you provide the steps that used to connect to an IO ?

anai
09-09-2009, 09:00 PM
Got email + status changed to "notice mailed welcoming..."

Want to make two points:

(1) Thanks to whoever suggested opening an SR. I was skeptical, but did it anyway. And the status changed the next day. (I had an RFE last year etc; but apparently the SR catalyst was needed to move things along.) If anyone would like to open an SR: simply call the main number, speak to the first person who will speak to you and request to open an SR. (I called 3 times, before I found someone who would open an SR.) I am not saying it is the only way; but it looks like the SR did the trick.

(2) Been in the US since 1994. It does feel good to finally receive this. I also feel a bit vindicated in my choice of putting career first and greencard last (which is why I have a PD of only 2004, in spite of first landing in 94). My wife and I have 2 US graduate degrees each; I changed careers and changed jobs. All of these delayed the PD to 2004. And I have wondered at times whether it was right to put all of these ahead of filing for GC. To all those still waiting, I want to wish you the best.

Details:
NSC, PD Nov/Dec-04 (I don't remember the exact date)
BEC Philly (I am sure many will agree that the most uncertain part of the GC process was waiting for the 45-day letter.)
485 RD Jul 07, ND late Sep 07

Jyothi
09-09-2009, 09:05 PM
I think for UCIS there is a new system in place that refreshes your FP with FBI ever 15 months..

very well deserved - congratulations. you got a good patience that you can be proud of (um.. more than your gc). btw could you share us details about your FP - when was last done ?

asjagan
09-09-2009, 09:17 PM
Dial 1800-375-5283 select following options - 1-2-1-Receipt number-1-3-4

asjagan
09-09-2009, 09:19 PM
Hi there... at least somebody is working on your case. be happy about it, I am sure soon will get a good news. do not forget to share that news here.

So what was the 1800 number that used to reach IO - I only managed to talked with CSR and second level CSR - could not find a way to talk to IO directly.

If you dialed the same number that I dialed which is 1800-375-5283 - Can you provide the steps that used to connect to an IO ?

Dial 1800-375-5283 select following options - 1-2-1-Receipt number-1-3-4

harikris
09-09-2009, 09:29 PM
Hi All,

It's nice to see a lot of activity in the past few days. Congrats to all those that have successfully adjusted their status from non-immigrant to immigrant. Good luck on your next leg of process in becoming a citizen. And when you finally reach there, please stand up and leverage the non-immigrant struggles' with your valuable voting power - All you have to do is go to the town-hall meeting and ask a simple question to the candidates about their plans/intentions to solve employment-based immigration in specific.

There is a consistent and encouraging aspect in this thread - people that know it's their time are being pro-active and aggressively creating service-requests and/or ringing up their representatives in the congress. It just goes to show that when the action points are clearly defined and when there is much at stake, people do act. Why can't we all be so passionate and fired-up when struggling for the general good? Is it because we don't have clearly defined action points or is it because we don't have nothing to gain "directly" from such efforts? I strongly believe it's the former.

Good luck to those that are in the queue.

And my heart goes out to the EB3 folks (not just Indians but across the board). There is nothing i can say to those folks that can make their burden bearable esp. in the light of Oct 2009 visa bulletin numbers. Hang in there folks and if possible take some action by means of porting to EB1/EB2 or pressing for legislative reforms. I have found myself good at executing rather than planning/organizing. I will definitely do my part when there is such a movement.

d_manian
09-09-2009, 09:30 PM
Hi
I opened SR on Friday Sep 4th after seeing the posts in IV. I got email update around 10:30 AM PST today 09/09/09 that my SR case was picked up by an officer.

I got the approval at 3 PM PST :)

After 8 long years of waiting, I finally got my GC. Thanks IV for all the support.

To all those who are waiting, Pls. open SR. I was very skeptical at first and gave it a try anyway since I didn't think there was anything to lose

Good Luck to all those who are waiting

Thanks

palemguy
09-09-2009, 09:41 PM
Congratulations!

May be someone explains what is ADIT means. Would you mind give us some details about your Finger Print i.e. when was last time you did - I know that it only valid for 15 months - just trying to figure out not having the latest FP results in case pending ?

Our first and only FP was done long back in Nov 2, 2007. After that we didn't get any FP notice. Let me know if you need any more info.

madanreddy
09-09-2009, 09:53 PM
once in 2007 and sometime in 2008 july while renewing ead

hopefulgc
09-09-2009, 10:13 PM
Finally.. received approval for me + 1 at 5:30pm today.

As much as I want to sit on the high horse and tell people "hang in there" and "your turn will come", I am not gonna. Honestly, I am still enraged at the ulterior lack of transparency in the whole process and the way we are treated.

I wish service requests, infopass, calls, etc had some effect. What totally works is an expedited group WOM if you case is outside normal processing times (10 ppl get together, get a lawyer and ask him to secure a judgement forcing them to review your case).
O.. i forgot ... u r gonna need balls to WOM em.

Details:
EB2
Svc Center: NSC
PD: Apr 22 2004
Receipt Date: Jul 2 2004
Notice date Sep 4 2004
Came to US in 2001 for Masters.
Been with a single employer since graduation.

aachoo
09-09-2009, 10:20 PM
We got our cards in the mail today.

15 years and a month after first entering the US, we get some legitimacy as permanent residents, some freedom to travel across borders, and a sense of stability.

A quick recap:
- Entered in fall 94 on F1 for MS
- Worked 96-97 on EAD
- Worked 97-99 on H1. Company started labor, but deliberately dragged their feet
- Back to full time school for MBA on F1 in 99 (rejected for transfer from H1 to F1 in Canada, approved with no questions in Chennai)
- Worked on H1 from 01-03 on H1. Company was laying people off throughout my tenure. No chance to apply for GC
- Changed jobs on H1 in 04 with 16 months left in 6 year limit
- Applied for LC with 5 days left to the 365 day limit
- Got stuck in BEC
- Labor approved in May 06
- 140 approved in 6 days in June 06
- Applied for 485 in July 07
- Application shuttled to CSC and back to NSC
- Renewed H1 to get a 3 year approval. Did not get a new H1 stamp after 05
- Fingerprinting in Feb 08 and again in May 09
- 3 APs and EADs (07, 08, 09)
- Was current a couple of times only to see people with PDs ~2 years later get approved
- CPO email on 9/1, approval notice received on 9/5
- Cards received on 9/8

-a

sammyb
09-09-2009, 10:41 PM
that's a long journey .... congrats ... it finally ended with a bright green ....

by the way EB2-I for Oct is 22JAN05 and EB3-I is 15APR01 ... not sure what to expect in coming months ....

congrats to all lucky fellow IVinas who got the green this month so far .... go to see so many greens ..

15 years and a month after first entering the US, we get some legitimacy as permanent residents, some freedom to travel across borders, and a sense of stability.

A quick recap:
- Worked 96-97 on EAD
- Worked 97-99 on H1. Company started labor, but deliberately dragged their feet
- Back to full time school for MBA on F1 in 99 (rejected for transfer from H1 to F1 in Canada, approved with no questions in Chennai)
- Worked on H1 from 01-03 on H1. Company was laying people off throughout my tenure. No chance to apply for GC
- Got stuck in BEC
- Was current a couple of times only to see people with PDs ~2 years later get approved
- Cards received on 9/8

-a

natrajs
09-09-2009, 10:52 PM
Folks,

You may take an infopass appointment , go with the passport and see if you can GC stamping done there

sotaz
09-09-2009, 10:53 PM
Got email, paper welcome notice and the physical card, all today. Opened a SR on Friday - no progress after that till today. Then I received the welcome notice sent email. I checked my mail today after I came back from office. A paper notice of approval and the green card was there. It was approved on 09/01. I saw no updates, received no emails and the representative could not tell when I opened the SR.
Service center: TSC.
Came here in August, 1997 for a PhD.

natrajs
09-09-2009, 10:56 PM

A quick recap:
- Worked 96-97 on EAD
- Got stuck in BEC
- Cards received on 9/8

-a

What a Journey !!!!

Congrats and Best Wishes

MerciesOfInjustices
09-09-2009, 11:08 PM
Congrats!

I landed at JFK in Jan 1996, but still waiting! But, I feel very encouraged when I see people like you get their just due - a GC!

God Bless you & your family!

Sincerely,

Leo07
09-09-2009, 11:46 PM
but I share the 70%...of your story. Hearty Congratulations to you and your family!!!

Best of Luck!

A quick recap:
- Worked 96-97 on EAD
- Got stuck in BEC
- Cards received on 9/8

-a

natrajs
09-10-2009, 12:05 AM
Finally.. received approval for me + 1 at 5:30pm today.

As much as I want to sit on the high horse and tell people "hang in there" and "your turn will come", I am not gonna. Honestly, I am still enraged at the ulterior lack of transparency in the whole process and the way we are treated.

I wish service requests, infopass, calls, etc had some effect. What totally works is an expedited group WOM if you case is outside normal processing times (10 ppl get together, get a lawyer and ask him to secure a judgement forcing them to review your case).
O.. i forgot ... u r gonna need balls to WOM em.

Details:
EB2
Svc Center: NSC
PD: Apr 22 2004
Receipt Date: Jul 2 2004
Notice date Sep 4 2004
Came to US in 2001 for Masters.
Been with a single employer since graduation.

HopefulGC I am happy for you

Congrats and Best Wishes

natrajs
09-10-2009, 12:08 AM
Got email, paper welcome notice and the physical card, all today. Opened a SR on Friday - no progress after that till today. Then I received the welcome notice sent email. I checked my mail today after I came back from office. A paper notice of approval and the green card was there. It was approved on 09/01. I saw no updates, received no emails and the representative could not tell when I opened the SR.
Service center: TSC.
Came here in August, 1997 for a PhD.

Congrats and Best wishes

And I am hoping the same for my case too

amsgc
09-10-2009, 01:05 AM
are we done with the approvals for today?

congratulations to all who have got their approval!

kewlchap
09-10-2009, 01:47 AM
Folks,

I recently replied to an RFE and now I get a standard response from CSR that I have to wait 60 days to open a SR. Can anyone suggest / advice on what to do to open an SR on my case?

lambu2
09-10-2009, 01:50 AM
Can some one explain what is ADIT?
We got the welcome letter and this is the content in email.
-----
we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before you get your new card call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register

bskrishna
09-10-2009, 01:55 AM
Congrats to everyone who got approved. there are about 240 approvals so far this month on

scm303
09-10-2009, 08:26 AM
Finally I got an email "Card Production Ordered" :). I had opened a SR on 7th Sept and got email on 9th at 11:15pm.
Thanks IV and all the members for the support and guidance.

ckarri
09-10-2009, 09:36 AM
Like the other guy who mentioned,I came to USA in 1996 and went to grad school.Started working for a company and got laid off in 2001(GC stopped).GC process started again with another company with PD of AUG 2004 EB2.Filed my I-485 in the July 2007.
On Sep 9th,received a Welcome letter.I also received approval emails from CRIS for me and my wife.

Thanks to IV for all the support and guidance.I contributed in the past and particpated in the "flower campiagn".I will continue to support(and contribute) IV efforts in bringing in much needed visa reforms.

vdlrao
09-10-2009, 09:56 AM
Like the other guy who mentioned,I came to USA in 1996 and went to grad school.Started working for a company and got laid off in 2001(GC stopped).GC process started again with another company with PD of AUG 2004 EB2.Filed my I-485 in the July 2007.
On Sep 9th,received a Welcome letter.I also received approval emails from CRIS for me and my wife.

Thanks to IV for all the support and guidance.I contributed in the past and particpated in the "flower campiagn".I will continue to support(and contribute) IV efforts in bringing in much needed visa reforms.

After 13 years of your arrival to USA you have received the magic mail of GC.!! Long journey for us.

CONGRATS for getting the GC.

vxg
09-10-2009, 11:09 AM
Can you provide us details about your fingerprint i.e. when was the last time you did - my objective is just to figure out the fact that not having the latest FP would be a blocker for approving case?

If you had Finger Prints taken digitally these can be renewed electronically. I had my first and only FP done in Nov 2007 and during the INFOPASS the IO told me that my FP was renewed in Mar 2009 electronically and no need for second FP. However she did find that my Biometrics data was not uploaded and she got it fixed however i was approved without the bio data upload. Per IO and TSC fingerprints and Bio data is not required for approval however is required before you get your card. I was told by TSC that case is approved but card will only be ordered once Bio is uploaded which they got done yesterday.

desi_man
09-10-2009, 11:11 AM
Guys got my GC approved and was happy to see the green light for me and my wife. Thanks to God for hearing and answering our prayers. It finally came in my email CPO message. So, now I wish all of the other people waiting good luck to all...

pushkarw
09-10-2009, 11:44 AM
Hello Friends,

Here's the timeline so far:

September 4th 2009 - Card production ordered
September 9th 2009 - Status changed to Approval Notice Sent

Waiting on the physical cards.

vjkypally
09-10-2009, 11:58 AM
I think it's close to 250 now. Looks like about half the people (from 2004)who are current now have got their approval emails.I can see only about 280 pending cases(2004 only)Congrats to everyone who got approved. there are about 240 approvals so far this month on

rpat1968
09-10-2009, 01:15 PM
Did any one get GC approval today (09/10/2009)?

prshah102
09-10-2009, 01:47 PM
bump..Keep the approvals coming ...

adobe howm
09-10-2009, 02:06 PM

well deserved - heartfelt congratulations - i am happy for you despite my case is still hanging.

adobe howm
09-10-2009, 02:09 PM

A quick recap:
- Worked 96-97 on EAD
- Got stuck in BEC
- Cards received on 9/8

-a

long journey - I hope you realize that you have finally reached your destination...time to take a good sleep now and pursue your dream later. good luck!

venkyra123
09-10-2009, 03:23 PM
Today I got the case status changed online with "Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident"

It took 10 years for completing this Journey.

No interviews or RFEs. Did once AC-21.
I substituted EB3 priority date to EB2 and got the 485 cleared. The substitution request was sent while filing 485 application.

Receipt date of 485 - 10th Aug 2007.
EB2 priority - Feb 1st 2006.
Eb3 priority - September 23, 2004.

So the substitution of porting the priority date from EB3 to EB2 worked in my case.

This forum is very much useful and great. !!!!!

pushkarw
09-10-2009, 03:29 PM
Just got an email from my lawyer that they have received the approval notices.

The notice says " Welcome to the United States of America. It is with great pleasure that we welcome you to permanent resident status in the United States."

Cool!

Hello Friends,

Here's the timeline so far:

September 4th 2009 - Card production ordered
September 9th 2009 - Status changed to Approval Notice Sent

Waiting on the physical cards.

buvane
09-10-2009, 03:59 PM
I just called NSC and talked to IO. She said my case is under extended review. I was confused what does it mean. Did anybody face such problem or could somebody throw some light on such situation please??

PD - May 7,2004 (EB2 India)
RD - July 2, 2007
ND - Aug 28,2007

snddlth
09-10-2009, 04:00 PM
Congratulations !! venkyra123.

Did you do anything specific to get your PD ported? It would be helpful if you could outline the same.

vxg
09-10-2009, 04:05 PM
I just called NSC and talked to IO. She said my case is under extended review. I was confused what does it mean. Did anybody face such problem or could somebody throw some light on such situation please??

RD - July 2, 2007
ND - Aug 28,2007

Don't believe what the National Service Center (NSC) says. They told me the same but when i called TSC (texas) they did not mention any extended review and i was approved on 9/4/09 after an INFOPASS. The IO at INFOPASS was able to see a lot more details and told me that my file is in transit to customer service at TSC and few hours later it was approved.
Call the service center where your file is, take an INFOPASS, write to your congressman however i am sure you will get it as you are current in Oct too. good luck.

kpchal2
09-10-2009, 04:05 PM

RD - July 2, 2007
ND - Aug 28,2007

hi buvane
did u ever receive an RFE or anything like that. i guess extended review means just preadjudication. gurus please throw in some light. uscis craze just does not stop amazing me.

gc_on_demand
09-10-2009, 04:13 PM
are we done with the approvals for today?

congratulations to all who have got their approval!

Looking at your PD I feel that you should get GC by Spring 2010...