PDA

View Full Version : September 2009 approvals

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

gondalguru
09-10-2009, 04:47 PM
I got my CPO email today for me and my wife. Finally this long journey for GC has ended after 11 years.

kpchal2
09-10-2009, 04:53 PM
guys got the magic CPO email both for me and my wife. finally the journey is over.

vjkypally
09-10-2009, 04:55 PM
Congrats!!!I got my CPO email today for me and my wife. Finally this long journey for GC has ended after 11 years.

buvane
Hi kpchal2-
Thanks for your response.
I did not get any RFE. But Nebraska IO says it is under extended review and she also said she can't say anything more than that and hung up the phone.

PD - May 7,2004 (EB2 India)
RD - July 2, 2007
ND - Aug 28,2007

vjkypally
Congrats to you too:)guys got the magic CPO email both for me and my wife. finally the journey is over.

Sleepless_in_Seattle
09-10-2009, 05:49 PM
Friends,

I received the following e-mail today for me & my wife:

----------
Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident.

On September 10, 2009, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before you get your new card call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

---------------------

Looks like the GC journey os over after 9 years. I do not know what this ADIT processing is. Can someone throw some light on it?

Regards,

Sleepless_in_Seattle

gimmemygreen
09-10-2009, 05:54 PM
Today I got the case status changed online with "Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident"

It took 10 years for completing this Journey.

No interviews or RFEs. Did once AC-21.
I substituted EB3 priority date to EB2 and got the 485 cleared. The substitution request was sent while filing 485 application.

Receipt date of 485 - 10th Aug 2007.
EB2 priority - Feb 1st 2006.
Eb3 priority - September 23, 2004.

So the substitution of porting the priority date from EB3 to EB2 worked in my case.

This forum is very much useful and great. !!!!!

But no congrats !! u tricked the system. Did u do masters or something close ? No but cut through the queue. Hate this system of substitution

kpchal2
09-10-2009, 05:55 PM
Hi kpchal2-
Thanks for your response.
I did not get any RFE. But Nebraska IO says it is under extended review and she also said she can't say anything more than that and hung up the phone.

PD - May 7,2004 (EB2 India)
RD - July 2, 2007
ND - Aug 28,2007

hmm as our other colleagues mentioned, we should always take this with a pinch of salt. but i would suggest that you keep calling the uscis until you find some one nice to talk to. i am sure there are a few of those. they will give you a detailed information. open a service request. also meet the local congressman or senator. make sure you talk to their immigration office and tell them this. that way they can find out more information for you. also talk to your attorney and see if they have any AILA liason. that is another channel you can find that out. i am really really angry at the fact that you have your pd and receipt date at the earliest in the line and that this happens to you. i just cannot take this crap of uscis anymore. no process and no transparency. they have to do much better than this.

mdmd10
09-10-2009, 06:08 PM
Looks like approvals have slowed down a bit. Still hoping for a miracle here...

rnednur
09-10-2009, 06:29 PM
mdmd10 .. hopefully we will get it this month .. one positive thing is we are current next month too..

rpat1968
09-10-2009, 06:50 PM
Yesterday I received response to SR I opened on 3rd Sept 09 saying that there is not visa available because I am in EB3. Mine is EB2 - PD july 2004. So I opened another SR yesterday mentioning about the issue with the EB classfication and today got the repsose back saying that the information they provided is correct and there is no visa available and my case is awaiting review by an officer. I called USCIS again and got connected to a rude 2nd Level CSR/Supervisor who was very rude and asked me to wiat for 90 days as my case is under extended review. She is unable to tell under what category I am in and not cooperating even after explaining the issue. She is saying that they are get lot of calls from applicants and wants us to have patience.

See the two responses for the SR's :

SR1 :

"Based on your request we researched the status of your I-485 application. We are actively processing this case. However, Employment-Based, 3rd Preference, India, does not have a VISA available at this time according to the September 2009 Visa Bulletin. You may visit the State Department website at www.travel.state.gov/visas to view this information regarding VISA availability. Service records indicate your case is currently waiting to be reviewed by an officer. You will receive a decision or notice of other action once your case is adjudicated. The Service is waiting for Visa availability."

SR2:

"Service records indicate that your priority date and category are correct. We cannot make any corrections to this information. Your application/petition remains awaiting review by an Officer and you will be notified as soon as a decision is made. The Service is waiting for VISA availability. Please check the visa bulletin website to check visa availability dates at www.travel.state.gov"

My lawyer saw these responses and looks like he also doen't know how to handle this issue. Yesterday he advised me to send a letter to NSC explaining the issue but I am not sure where to send and if NSC will do anything about it.

I am not sure what to do now.

hmm as our other colleagues mentioned, we should always take this with a pinch of salt. but i would suggest that you keep calling the uscis until you find some one nice to talk to. i am sure there are a few of those. they will give you a detailed information. open a service request. also meet the local congressman or senator. make sure you talk to their immigration office and tell them this. that way they can find out more information for you. also talk to your attorney and see if they have any AILA liason. that is another channel you can find that out. i am really really angry at the fact that you have your pd and receipt date at the earliest in the line and that this happens to you. i just cannot take this crap of uscis anymore. no process and no transparency. they have to do much better than this.

ezee
09-10-2009, 06:57 PM
I think you should write to USCIS ombudsman using the DHS-7001 form explaining the discrepancy.

Yesterday I received response to SR I opened on 3rd Sept 09 saying that there is not visa available because I am in EB3. Mine is EB2 - PD july 2004. So I opened another SR yesterday mentioning about the issue with the EB classfication and today got the repsose back saying that the information they provided is correct and there is no visa available and my case is awaiting review by an officer. I called USCIS again and got connected to a rude 2nd Level CSR/Supervisor who was very rude and asked me to wiat for 90 days as my case is under extended review. She is unable to tell under what category I am in and not cooperating even after explaining the issue. She is saying that they are get lot of calls from applicants and wants us to have patience.

SR1 :

"Based on your request we researched the status of your I-485 application. We are actively processing this case. However, Employment-Based, 3rd Preference, India, does not have a VISA available at this time according to the September 2009 Visa Bulletin. You may visit the State Department website at www.travel.state.gov/visas to view this information regarding VISA availability. Service records indicate your case is currently waiting to be reviewed by an officer. You will receive a decision or notice of other action once your case is adjudicated. The Service is waiting for Visa availability."

SR2:

"Service records indicate that your priority date and category are correct. We cannot make any corrections to this information. Your application/petition remains awaiting review by an Officer and you will be notified as soon as a decision is made. The Service is waiting for VISA availability. Please check the visa bulletin website to check visa availability dates at www.travel.state.gov"

My lawyer saw these responses and looks like he also doen't know how to handle this issue. Yesterday he advised me to send a letter to NSC explaining the issue but I am not sure where to send and if NSC will do anything about it.

rb_248
09-10-2009, 07:02 PM
Looks like approvals have slowed down a bit. Still hoping for a miracle here...

Either that or people are not posting their approvals.

roseball
09-10-2009, 07:02 PM

SR1 :

SR2:

Do you have a copy of your I-140 approval notice. That should tell you your EB category. You should first make sure what category your I-140 was approved in first. I can't beleive your lawyer says he doesn't know how to handle this issue. Maybe you should call the customer service number again and ask them how you can get this corrected or consult a reputed lawyer and get his advise.

rpat1968
09-10-2009, 07:12 PM
I have only 1 approved I140 for EB2 category approved in Nov 2006. I have taken a Infopass appointmnet for tomorrow and I will personally explain to IO and see if he can provide me my extact EB category in the USCIS system.

Do you have a copy of your I-140 approval notice. That should tell you your EB category. You should first make sure what category your I-140 was approved in first. I can't beleive your lawyer says he doesn't know how to handle this issue. Maybe you should call the customer service number again and ask them how you can get this corrected or consult a reputed lawyer and get his advise.

roseball
09-10-2009, 07:21 PM
I have only 1 approved I140 for EB2 category approved in Nov 2006. I have taken a Infopass appointmnet for tomorrow and I will personally explain to IO and see if he can provide me my extact EB category in the USCIS system.

Yes, InfoPass is definitely a good option assuming you get to meet a considerate IO. Do take a copy of your I-140 approval notice with you. Atleast the IO can open another SR and maybe attach a copy of the I-140 approval notice to it this time. Good luck with your InfoPass...

vactorboy29
09-10-2009, 08:01 PM
FYI

If you have I-140 COPY in notice type EB2 categary is mention as;

sec.203(b) (2)

ndialani
09-10-2009, 08:01 PM
I 've been a silent reader on this board. Very helpful website. So happy to see all the approvals.However, i m still waiting....opened SR on 9/8/09 for my wife and myself. I don't know what else to do???
My details:
PD Aug '04
RD July 13th, 2007
ND October 15th. 2007
TSC/EB2

npraveen
09-10-2009, 08:11 PM
Got the welcome email today "Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident". Fianlly after 10 years.

Though I got only for my case. Waiting to get for my case well. DO people with dependents getting the welcome emails on same day. I just talked to NSC representative yesterday.

And how long does it take for card printing ordered after this welcome email?

Good luck to others in queue..

kubmilegaGC
09-10-2009, 08:31 PM
Just getting tired of waiting now...checking gmail and online system like 100 times a day...Kubmilega ye GC?

Imigrait
09-10-2009, 08:35 PM
...Kubmilega ye GC?

AAj nahi to KaLLLLL............ Dream ON :):D

kubmilegaGC
09-10-2009, 08:45 PM
as they say - tomorrow never comes...chahiye - aaj abhi esi wakta !!! but who is listening?

ds77
09-10-2009, 09:26 PM
Got our cards today.

Labor: Dec 17 04
I 485 filed: July 07
I 485 RFE: June 2009 responded July 2009
Welcome mail received: Sept 3 2009
CPO Mail received: Sept 4 2009
Card received: Sept 10 2009

MYGC2008
09-10-2009, 09:48 PM
Got our cards today.

Labor: Dec 17 04
I 485 filed: July 07
I 485 RFE: June 2009 responded July 2009
Welcome mail received: Sept 3 2009
CPO Mail received: Sept 4 2009
Card received: Sept 10 2009

What's your PD? Is it Dec 04 OR Sep 05?

santa123
09-10-2009, 10:51 PM
Glad to see the approvals, but never knew that there were so many 2004 filers.
Any idea of the # of filers in 2005, 2006 and the great 2007 ?
Best wishes to all again.

natrajs
09-10-2009, 10:57 PM
Just getting tired of waiting now...checking gmail and online system like 100 times a day...Kubmilega ye GC?

I am still waiting

fatjoe
09-10-2009, 11:22 PM
I cant say this enough. Keep calling USCIS, open SRs, follow up with USCIS. This is your time.
Hi GCNirvana: Could we raise more than one SR? Here is my situation.
I raised an SR on 08/25/2009 , took infopass on 09/02/2009, and was told that mine was pre-approved on 08/28/2009 (probably the SR helped), later on I received a letter dated 8/26/09, from uscis saying that
"Based on your request we researched the status of your case. We are actively processing, but need to perform additional review on your case... Wait for 60 days and then call us." what do they mean by additional review?
I called uscis again, and I got connected to a supervisor who spoke so rude to me, she said that no visa numbers are available and I am supposed to have patience, and wait for 60 days for any action to be taken.
So, I don't dare call uscis again. If so, what should the reason be for raising the SR. Anyway, they would ask me to "Wait".
Also called senators office, they said that they could not help with my case, and the only thing I could do is to "WAIT".
I'm not sure what else to do. It is highly frustrating.
PD : July-04, RD: 08/17/2007 ND: 10/15/2007.- TSC
Is anybody in the same case as mine. Like Pre-approved but all under additional review?

miteshm
09-10-2009, 11:44 PM
I got the magic mail 30 mins back. Looks like they might have lots of visa numbers available to consume and are working overtime :)
ND - 10/01/2007

greencard_fever
09-10-2009, 11:46 PM
Hi Guys,

Dose any one got their 485 approved in September, had an FP done in recent months?..i had mine and my spouse's FP done for second time in August and there was LUD's on our cases on the same day..no activity after that, dose FP trigers for Name check and Backgroud checks again?..i am worndering that might be the reason why our cases are not approved yet..

Guys this GC porcess is so F'd up porcess..i hate this process..:mad::mad:

GCNirvana007
09-10-2009, 11:54 PM
I raised an SR on 08/25/2009 , took infopass on 09/02/2009, and was told that mine was pre-approved on 08/28/2009 (probably the SR helped), later on I received a letter dated 8/26/09, from uscis saying that
"Based on your request we researched the status of your case. We are actively processing, but need to perform additional review on your case... Wait for 60 days and then call us." what do they mean by additional review?
I called uscis again, and I got connected to a supervisor who spoke so rude to me, she said that no visa numbers are available and I am supposed to have patience, and wait for 60 days for any action to be taken.
So, I don't dare call uscis again. If so, what should the reason be for raising the SR. Anyway, they would ask me to "Wait".
Also called senators office, they said that they could not help with my case, and the only thing I could do is to "WAIT".
Is anybody in the same case as mine. Like Pre-approved but all under additional review?

If your case is clean, you have every right to call and being affirmative. Call them again and tell them, you are current and why its not approved?. Let them answer. Dont even talk about SR. Ask your SENATOR, why cant he/she help now that you are current. Tell them you are waiting for 5 yrs dealing with this bull. Say exactly that, you got nothig to worry. You pay money to them, its not like they are doing free service. Next time you talk to an IO, he better talk normal, he got no right to be rude. They are rude coz we let them be. He has a job coz of you.

natrajs
09-10-2009, 11:58 PM
@Santa - regiater at .com - pulling data is very easy.
@natraj - did you do anything special since Sept 1? phone calls, SRs etc?

Opened SR and got a standard reply that your application pending.

Called again on Sept 4th, CSR repeated the online status and told that my case is Pre Adj.

Attorney had sent a letter through AILA liason and waiting for the reply

Send fax to Senator's Immigration liason office and waiting for their call.

I may call TSC again tommorrow. So far I haven't scheduled infopass, I may try that by next week

I am hoping something will trigger the approval

ds77
09-11-2009, 02:11 AM
I had 2 labors DEc 17 04 and Sept 05 (PERM). I 485 approval I got this month is with the Dec 04 labor filing.

inskrish
09-11-2009, 03:29 AM

SR1 :

SR2:

Take an Infopass appointment, you will get the answer.

ksrk
09-11-2009, 05:48 AM
Another saga finally comes to a close...
11yrs in the US; 8yrs on H1B; 6yrs in the same job; ~5yrs since filing for the GC and finally, at 6:30pm PDT (8:30pm at NSC), my wife and I received the long-awaited magic email - it said "CPO" and that was sufficient.
My wife and I spent several minutes pinching/slapping ourselves (well at least figuratively), reading the emails over and over again, word for word and we are finally convinced it is for real!

My most sincere wishes for everyone eagerly awaiting their approvals. It certainly is encouraging that next month's VB continues to show us all current (and thankfully more). Good luck to all again!

Hopefully these further notes will answer some questions out there or prove useful nevertheless...(if you find any of this info useful, PLEASE consider a recurring monthly contribution to IV - the org. has been a huge asset in helping the EB community at large and has also served as a crutch to many struggling to maintain sanity during these trying times)

- Married for just under two months when filing for I-485 (thankfully, the burden of proving our marriage was bona fide didn't descend on us)
- First FP in Jan 2008; second FP in May 2009
- moved once (in May '08) since filing for I-485
- Infopass appt. last year - learnt that NC cleared a week before visa nos ran out
- RFE April 2009 - reg. signatures in the I-485 (during the July '07 rush, attorney had written our names down rather than bother sending the apps back to us for signatures)
- Infopass appt. last week - not very informative
- SR opened last week - learnt this week that file is under review with officer
- 2 EAD approvals and 3 AP renewals (one still in the mail approved Aug. 31, 2009)
- I can't think of any more interesting statistics...if I do, I'll jot more down when my feet touch the ground again.

Good luck all!

Ennada
09-11-2009, 10:06 AM
Got the card in the mail. Praise the lord......praise IV and praise my family's patience.

rpat1968
09-11-2009, 11:00 AM
I had Infopass this morning and the IO said that she cannot see the EB classification but told me that the case was Preadjudicated on 04/13/2009 (I got multiple soft Luds till 04/14/2009) and the current status of the case is "Under Review". (She explained that is being actively processed). From her answer I am assuming that the IO did not know what "Under Review" means. One other thing I came to know that there was a Name Change record on my case dt 04/13/2009. I never mad a name change. Then the IO created a Internal Service request asking about the name change and Current EB classification. Also asked me to write to USCIS in detail about the previous service request and the name change. Its a never ending story.... My case is so simple never had any problems till now.
Just last month I got AP and EAD renewal in 10 days. Still working for the same Sponsoring employer on 9th Year H1B expiring 03/2010. Never used EAD or AC21 still have to go through crap.
But I am staying positive and determined and will try all avenues to reach my goal.

Take an Infopass appointment, you will get the answer.

gcsatya
09-11-2009, 11:08 AM
Hi VX,

Have you received your cards?
I spoke with IO, as you mentioned, she asked me to wait for 30 days for any decision but did not create a SR.

vxg
09-11-2009, 11:09 AM
Folks,
The GC for me and wife were approved on 9/4/09 and finally the online status changed to Card Production ordered on 9/11/09. All I can say it was a long journey but not too bad, been through one lay off, have to pass some good promotions. Arrived in US in Aug 2000 for MS so total 9 years.
I owe this approval to the nicest IO at Memphis field office as I made my INFOPASS for Sept 4 and she was so nice that she called and emailed TSC asking my file to be assigned to an IO. On Tuesday 9/8 she called (yes the IO called me) my cell and informed me that our cases were approved on 9/4/09 however the biometrics upload is needed before cards can be ordered and she said she will keep bugging TSC untill they upload (IT goof in TSC).
So if your field office is Memphis take an INFOPASS and if you get to speak to her you will be Greened.

gcsatya
09-11-2009, 11:10 AM
It is likely that they have not uploaded you biometrics in system. I am in same situation where TSC IO told me that i am approved but Biometrics need upload before card can be ordered. Just call them and followup to get Biometrics uploaded if they have it in the system if not they may ask for another FP but no worries you are good.
Hi VX,

Have you received your cards?
I spoke with IO, as you mentioned, she asked me to wait for 30 days for any decision but did not create a SR.

MerciesOfInjustices
09-11-2009, 11:13 AM
I had Infopass this morning and the IO said that she cannot see the EB classification but told me that the case was Preadjudicated on 04/13/2009 (I got multiple soft Luds till 04/14/2009) and the current status of the case is "Under Review". (She explained that is being actively processed). From her answer I am assuming that the IO did not know what "Under Review" means. One other thing I came to know that there was a Name Change record on my case dt 04/13/2009. I never mad a name change. Then the IO created a Internal Service request asking about the name change and Current EB classification. Also asked me to write to USCIS in detail about the previous service request and the name change. Its a never ending story.... My case is so simple never had any problems till now.
Just last month I got AP and EAD renewal in 10 days. Still working for the same Sponsoring employer on 9th Year H1B expiring 03/2010. Never used EAD or AC21 still have to go through crap.
But I am staying positive and determined and will try all avenues to reach my goal.
You will get your GC soon! Contact your Congressman or Senator, and have them also intercede on your behalf!
No matter what, I have a feeling that you will get it soon!

vxg
09-11-2009, 11:17 AM

You need to provide the receipt no for your I-140 for IO to look up your EB status. Call the service center and write to your congressman.

saratswain
09-11-2009, 11:19 AM
Hi Friends,
Can someone please help me to understand this

LUD = (Soft - Hard) - What does it mean and where do you get this info ?
RFE = If I know it correct, this you get as a mail from USCIS

Regards
Sarat

jsb
09-11-2009, 11:30 AM
Hi Friends,

Regards
Sarat
LUD = Last Update Date. It is something you see online if you have signup for viewing your online status. If not, you can signup now with your receipt number
RFE = Request for evidence, which may be a letter/phone to you or your attorney. You will see this also online.

vxg
09-11-2009, 11:31 AM
Hi Friends,

Regards
Sarat

LUD - Last Updated Date , SOFT when no change in text or case status per say but change in last updated date, Hard LUD: Change is updated date and change in case status text

You can create an account on USCIS and add your cases to it via receipt nos and you will see it.

jsb
09-11-2009, 11:35 AM

Your ND is Oct 15, 07. Therefore, your true receive date by TSC is around Oct 15, 07 (RD on your receipt is when USCIS, not TSC, received your app) . You should be quite close to the final step. Extended review response may be just a standard reply for keeping people away.

ksrk
09-11-2009, 11:53 AM
Your ND is Oct 15, 07. Therefore, your true receive date by TSC is around Oct 15, 07 (RD on your receipt is when USCIS, not TSC, received your app).

This is what I believed too, and customer service reps made us believe the same around this time last year when the question of receipt date came up. But it turns out that the USCIS does honor the receipt date as it shows in your receipt notice. On that basis alone, I was able to open a service request last week - and the response to it confirmed that they honored the RD of 8/15/07.

[/QUOTE]You should be quite close to the final step. Extended review response may be just a standard reply for keeping people away.[/QUOTE]

This I agree with - good luck, fatjoe!

vxg
09-11-2009, 11:58 AM
Your ND is Oct 15, 07. Therefore, your true receive date by TSC is around Oct 15, 07 (RD on your receipt is when USCIS, not TSC, received your app) . You should be quite close to the final step. Extended review response may be just a standard reply for keeping people away.

Not true the true receipt date is the receipt date on your receipt, i verified it during my INFOPASS. The IOs at phone may tell you Oct 10 because but what you have on your receipt is correct.

mayitbesoon
09-11-2009, 12:01 PM
Are there any pending approvals for EB2 with priority date in 2003?

My husband's EB2 PD is Dec 2003. still waiting for GC to be approved. Has an RFE a month ago for revised employment letter. Had been responded to. pending at NSC.

Any suggesstion on how to approach for help and get it approved? We are in new jersey. I am not sure if IO are good here and helps to go for Infopass.

Thanks.

paisa
09-11-2009, 12:05 PM
Raise a SR that might help.

mdmd10
09-11-2009, 12:06 PM

My husband's EB2 PD is Dec 2003. still waiting for GC to be approved. Has an RFE a month ago for revised employment letter. Had been responded to. pending at NSC.

Any suggesstion on how to approach for help and get it approved? We are in new jersey. I am not sure if IO are good here and helps to go for Infopass.

Thanks.

Join the club. I am also waiting. As a matter of fact I also had an RFE for updated EVL on July 30th and we responded on Aug 12th.

Did you also respond to the RFE on dates close to Mid August?

BTW...I wouldn't care of the IO's a re good in NJ or not. They have a job to do and if one of them is responding to your queries for an application that you filed then they ought to give a reasonable answer or justify the delay.

Here's what you can do: Raise an SR, then call again and ask to be connected to a 2nd level IO and inquire about your case. Then speak with your attorney and raise an AILA inquiry. And then also contact your Senator/Congressman for an inquiry as well.

mayitbesoon
09-11-2009, 12:10 PM
yes. nearly the end of August.

mdmd10
09-11-2009, 12:14 PM
Your category is being displayed as EB3. Is it EB2? If so, then can you change it in your profile.

Also has your husband ported his PD from EB3 to EB2?

mdmd10
09-11-2009, 01:04 PM
Here's some food for thought that I picked up from Ron Gotcher's website:

Re: Will EB2 become like EB3 in next 2 years?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The cutoff date for October is deceptive. The demand is actually much higher than that reflected in the fairly recent cutoff date of January, 2005. I suspect that what has happened is that the CIS concentrated on adjudicating pending AOS cases with accompanying EB3 petitions. EB3 petitions are much easier to process and have a much higher approval rate.

I base this supposition on the fact that the India EB3 cutoff date took a pretty brutal hit, but EB2 did not. Had the CIS processed equal numbers (proportionally) of EB2 and EB3 cases, the EB2 cutoff date should have moved back a couple of years and the EB3 priority date should not have gone back quite so far.

I think it is likely that the CIS has pretty much wiped out their EB3 AOS backlog and what we are looking at is absolute rock bottom for that category. To put it another way, it can only get better from here. On the other hand, I think that we are just starting to see the demand build up for EB2. By this, I mean the known demand - actual cases that the CIS has conditionally approved and notified the Visa Office of that conditional approval. As these types of cases increase (as more AOS cases are adjudicated), it is likely that EB2 will retrogress. On the other hand, if the CIS pauses their backlog reduction, as they often do, then we could actually see EB2 India advance. The problem with this is that many people with "current" priority dates would be screaming "Why hasn't my case been approved?" Of course, the reason for the advance would be lack of approvals.

jsb
09-11-2009, 01:15 PM
Not true the true receipt date is the receipt date on your receipt, i verified it during my INFOPASS. The IOs at phone may tell you Oct 10 because but what you have on your receipt is correct.

Yes, receive date by USCIS is what is on your receipt. But processing centers care about when they (the centers) got the case. That is what matters for them for sequencing the cases (physical files). If there is 3 month difference between RD on your receipt and ND, then most likely (as with many, including me), for those 3 months boxes with files lyeing somewhere. When you call centers asking or confirming the receive date, you get different answers, as it depends on where they looked for it.

Never-the-less you should insist on them to work based on RD you have on your receipt, via an SR or otherwise. That should help. Govt offices are inefficient, and sometimes take correctivea action, if clearly they know it is their fault.

vjkypally
09-11-2009, 01:26 PM
I think this entire message from Ron Gotcher is a Bunch of Baloney!!! He is playing safe now that he has been proven wrong with his predictions for September approvals.Here's some food for thought that I picked up from Ron Gotcher's website:

Re: Will EB2 become like EB3 in next 2 years?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The cutoff date for October is deceptive. The demand is actually much higher than that reflected in the fairly recent cutoff date of January, 2005. I suspect that what has happened is that the CIS concentrated on adjudicating pending AOS cases with accompanying EB3 petitions. EB3 petitions are much easier to process and have a much higher approval rate.

I base this supposition on the fact that the India EB3 cutoff date took a pretty brutal hit, but EB2 did not. Had the CIS processed equal numbers (proportionally) of EB2 and EB3 cases, the EB2 cutoff date should have moved back a couple of years and the EB3 priority date should not have gone back quite so far.

I think it is likely that the CIS has pretty much wiped out their EB3 AOS backlog and what we are looking at is absolute rock bottom for that category. To put it another way, it can only get better from here. On the other hand, I think that we are just starting to see the demand build up for EB2. By this, I mean the known demand - actual cases that the CIS has conditionally approved and notified the Visa Office of that conditional approval. As these types of cases increase (as more AOS cases are adjudicated), it is likely that EB2 will retrogress. On the other hand, if the CIS pauses their backlog reduction, as they often do, then we could actually see EB2 India advance. The problem with this is that many people with "current" priority dates would be screaming "Why hasn't my case been approved?" Of course, the reason for the advance would be lack of approvals.

kak1978
09-11-2009, 01:29 PM
vxg,
Congrats!! I am from Memphis too, although my dates are not current yet, I would like to know the name of the IO at Memphis field office, for any future issues.

Thanks

Folks,
The GC for me and wife were approved on 9/4/09 and finally the online status changed to Card Production ordered on 9/11/09. All I can say it was a long journey but not too bad, been through one lay off, have to pass some good promotions. Arrived in US in Aug 2000 for MS so total 9 years.
I owe this approval to the nicest IO at Memphis field office as I made my INFOPASS for Sept 4 and she was so nice that she called and emailed TSC asking my file to be assigned to an IO. On Tuesday 9/8 she called (yes the IO called me) my cell and informed me that our cases were approved on 9/4/09 however the biometrics upload is needed before cards can be ordered and she said she will keep bugging TSC untill they upload (IT goof in TSC).
So if your field office is Memphis take an INFOPASS and if you get to speak to her you will be Greened.

mdmd10
09-11-2009, 01:35 PM
Well then why haven't many earlier 2004 PDs gotten their approval yet? I realize that there are still some 20 odd days to go, but it does seem that USCIS may not have pre-adjudicated all the 2004 applications as they tout it to be.

I hope I am wrong and we continue to see progression in every successive VBs for EB2I henceforth (and for EB3 as well), but the lack of approvals for many folks with earlier PDs like Mar, April, May 2004 perhaps alludes me to to it.

I don't agree with Ron, however, on the dates going back by a couple of years for EB2I since they have been at April 2004 for the past few bulletins. Perhaps they will continue from where they left off somewhere mid-2004.

adobe howm
09-11-2009, 01:39 PM
If you had Finger Prints taken digitally these can be renewed electronically. I had my first and only FP done in Nov 2007 and during the INFOPASS the IO told me that my FP was renewed in Mar 2009 electronically and no need for second FP. However she did find that my Biometrics data was not uploaded and she got it fixed however i was approved without the bio data upload. Per IO and TSC fingerprints and Bio data is not required for approval however is required before you get your card. I was told by TSC that case is approved but card will only be ordered once Bio is uploaded which they got done yesterday.

Great - but how do we know whether or not Bio-data is not uploaded. If this is something that needs to be initiated from our side (??) - what can be done to help our self to get the process going?

rnednur
09-11-2009, 01:56 PM
Can we start a poll to see how many of us are pending .. add if there is anything else needed
----------------------------------
rnednur PD May' 04 RD 07/02/2007 ND 09/06/2007
Optional: RFE Yes CASE RESUMED ON: 09/12/2008 SR OPENED: YES SR RESPONSE RCVD: No
Senator contacted: No Congressmen Contacted: No

surabhi
09-11-2009, 02:21 PM
I think this entire message from Ron Gotcher is a Bunch of Baloney!!! He is playing safe now that he has been proven wrong with his predictions for September approvals.

Ron Gotcher's analysis is not grounded. He doesnt consider extremely low demand from EB2 ROW. The aritificial bottleneck at labor certification process ( no Perm approvals since Nov, 2008) will singularly lift EB2 I/C to at least June 2006.

EB2 ROW has 34434 visas. There were probably less than 10,000 visas consumed from this pool in all of fiscal 2009 ( Oct 2008 - Sep 2009). EB2 I/C movement to Jan /March 2005is entirely thanks to overflow from EB2 which in turn is due to bottleneck at PERM

PERM processing is not improving and if the current status continues, this year, about 25K visas will flow from EB2 ROW to EB2 I/C

If one sees labor approvals from 2004 onwards, based on demand, its clear that with these overflows from EB2 ROW, we should see good movement in the current fiscal year.

naushit
09-11-2009, 02:33 PM
I am still waiting , my PD is Aug 2003 :) Feel better?

Anyone waiting older PD then mine? am I the unluckiest one? please make me feel lucky !.

I just took info pass appointment, they said, my case was assigned to an officer on Jun 6 2009. No news , no RFE or no LUD since then.

Just waiting one hour at a time :)

Thanks & Regards,
-N

Thanks.

mdmd10
09-11-2009, 03:02 PM
Naushit...if your PD has been current for more than 6 months then you could file a WOM (Writ of Mandamus) to compel USICS to act on your petition.

paisa
09-11-2009, 03:03 PM
Hi,
I got the card production email yesterday. PD DEC 22 2004. had soft LUD on 9th Sept 10th Sept. I raised a SR for myself and not for my wife to experiment with all the things people were saying about SR. I got a soft LUD on 9th Sept when I got the reply to my SR raised on the 5th Sept. Then i raised a SR for my wife on the 9th of Sept afternoon and we got CPO in the evening. Its just too much of a co-incidence. But it worked out. But who really knows whether thats what triggered it. My processing center was Nebraska. Congratulation to all of you who got it. People who did not get it hang in there and it will arrive.
I asked myself What has really changed because i got it?
My only concern was travelling and that hopefully will be a breeze. Apart from that i qualify for better rates on student loans. Apart from that nothing changed.
So dont let this get to you. I know the last 10 days was repeated F5 for me on the USCIS website. But the fervour of the moment does get one frustrated. But you have to remember there is beaurocracy in every place. Eventually it all works out and i hope it works out for all of us.

From start to finish it took 5.5 yrs. I have been in US since 98 as student and then working and part time student as well.

PS: Hopefully my information helps others.

paisa
09-11-2009, 03:07 PM
One more thing: I find members quite frustrated with opening SR's and talking to IO and stuff. You have to know that the person answering is asnwering 10000 calls a day and its not a easy job. So be nice to them. If one is nice they will go the mile for you. Dont get frustrated with your own issue. Answering 10000 calls a day is quite a task.

vxg
09-11-2009, 03:16 PM
Great - but how do we know whether or not Bio-data is not uploaded. If this is something that needs to be initiated from our side (??) - what can be done to help our self to get the process going?

Call the service center where your case is and the IO can tell if BIO are not uploaded he should issue a request to do so. You can use your congressman office to inquire in general for your case and you will know

buvane
09-11-2009, 03:51 PM

I guess Under review may be "Under extended security review" and few percentage of cases go through this process(Unlucky ones) I also got the same answer. Probably it will not be done by now. Let me know if you get any update this too..

kubmilegaGC
09-11-2009, 03:55 PM
Hi,
I got the card production email yesterday. PD DEC 22 2004. had soft LUD on 9th Sept 10th Sept. I raised a SR for myself and not for my wife to experiment with all the things people were saying about SR. I got a soft LUD on 9th Sept when I got the reply to my SR raised on the 5th Sept. Then i raised a SR for my wife on the 9th of Sept afternoon and we got CPO in the evening. Its just too much of a co-incidence. But it worked out. But who really knows whether thats what triggered it. My processing center was Nebraska. Congratulation to all of you who got it. People who did not get it hang in there and it will arrive.
I asked myself What has really changed because i got it?
My only concern was travelling and that hopefully will be a breeze. Apart from that i qualify for better rates on student loans. Apart from that nothing changed.
So dont let this get to you. I know the last 10 days was repeated F5 for me on the USCIS website. But the fervour of the moment does get one frustrated. But you have to remember there is beaurocracy in every place. Eventually it all works out and i hope it works out for all of us.

From start to finish it took 5.5 yrs. I have been in US since 98 as student and then working and part time student as well.

PS: Hopefully my information helps others.

hitting F5 - you are so right...I think I will need to replace the key in few days if things dont turn out well :)...Congrats buddy - enjoy your freedom!

apb
09-11-2009, 04:03 PM
I saw two soft LUDs on Sep/9 and 10th after I opened a SR on Sep/4th.
Still waiting. Anybody had similar experience?

kubmilegaGC
09-11-2009, 04:08 PM

I think thats a good sign...I opened SR on the same date (in the afternoon) - no LUDs on my case yet....Did you open for both of you? Have you tried any other means to move your case? I can see that you are little bit ahead of most if us - Mar 04? Mine is Jun 04 still waiting...

vjkypally
09-11-2009, 04:09 PM
How come no approvals today? First time since this month began we are not seeing any.

kubmilegaGC
09-11-2009, 04:19 PM
How come no approvals today? First time since this month began we are not seeing any.

You are right..How come nothing today? anyone?

mdmd10
09-11-2009, 05:02 PM

Maybe you've already got it and the case status hasn't been updated online. Its happenned to a few people before. Check your mailbox....your approval notices may be in there...:o

sunil68
09-11-2009, 05:36 PM
Guys,
Finally after 5 years of waiting in the GC process and more than 9 years of stay in US, I had my day today. Got an email from USCIS re. I-485 approval and welcome notice. No CPO mail until now. The USCIS message talks about sending GC after 60 days of a possible ADIT processing. Anybody knows what does that ADIT processing mean? It it a standard language?

On an interesting note, I am an Environmental engineer. Always worked on green projects, but had to wait for 9 tears to get a green card. Another irony, this is a sad day - Sep. 11 for all of us, but I had one of my happiest days of life today after my Ph.D., my marriage and my son's birth 2 months ago. What is next? Citizenship? Will be back on IV for that, but my salute to IV members first for helping me through the emotional roller coaster for so long.

To those still waiting, contact Senator and do a SR through the lawyer. I don't know for sure, but seems both helped me. My GC notice came within 45 minutes of my lawyer opening a SR for me, though my senator's office also contacted USCIS a week ago.

PS: My PD is October 2004

vxg
09-11-2009, 05:41 PM
My case was approved on 9/4/09 and i found out on 9/8 because the IO from Field office called me ( i had an infopass on 9/4). The online status said case pending till this morning. I called TSC on 9/8 and they confirmed i am approved, i asked about online status and TSC IO said they do not care or maintain that.
I had LUD on 9/4/09 when i was approved. LUD on 9/9/09 when the uploaded my Biometrics and 9/11/09 when status changed to CPO.

sku
09-11-2009, 05:53 PM
For those of you who inquired about there case through senator, Can you pleas post the sample letter format for that. Or can send pm

apb
09-11-2009, 05:54 PM
My case was approved on 9/4/09 and i found out on 9/8 because the IO from Field office called me ( i had an infopass on 9/4). The online status said case pending till this morning. I called TSC on 9/8 and they confirmed i am approved, i asked about online status and TSC IO said they do not care or maintain that.
I had LUD on 9/4/09 when i was approved. LUD on 9/9/09 when the uploaded my Biometrics and 9/11/09 when status changed to CPO.

No LUD today. No LUD on my wife's case after opening the SR.
I am checking my snail mail daily. Thanks for all your inputs.

Green.Tech
09-11-2009, 06:02 PM
Guys,
Finally after 5 years of waiting in the GC process and more than 9 years of stay in US, I had my day today. Got an email from USCIS re. I-485 approval and welcome notice. No CPO mail until now. The USCIS message talks about sending GC after 60 days of a possible ADIT processing. Anybody knows what does that ADIT processing mean? It it a standard language?

On an interesting note, I am an Environmental engineer. Always worked on green projects, but had to wait for 9 tears to get a green card. Another irony, this is a sad day - Sep. 11 for all of us, but I had one of my happiest days of life today after my Ph.D., my marriage and my son's birth 2 months ago. What is next? Citizenship? Will be back on IV for that, but my salute to IV members first for helping me through the emotional roller coaster for so long.

To those still waiting, contact Senator and do a SR through the lawyer. I don't know for sure, but seems both helped me. My GC notice came within 45 minutes of my lawyer opening a SR for me, though my senator's office also contacted USCIS a week ago.

PS: My PD is October 2004

...yet another Green engineer waits :)

Happy for y'all who are getting through!

GCNOMAD
09-11-2009, 08:15 PM
Hi,

We received a notice from USCIS yesterday for my wife saying that the I485 has been approved. But I havent received one for me (primary applicant) and my son. Even the online status did not change for all 3 of us - It still reads pending. We called 1-800-375–5283 yesterday and today to check our cases. We were told by the CR that all 3 cases have been approved. They said that my notice and my son's notice probably did not reach due to mail delays. They said that the biometrics is pending for all 3 of us, though we finished it in 2007. One CR created an SR to have the biometrics uploaded into the system. The second CR that we spoke with today, scheduled an appointment in the system. I asked them about the online case status. I was told that its run by a third party and is not upto date in some cases. They said that the card will be sent for production when the biometrics are completed.

Can this be considered as approved even though they dont have our biometrics in their system ? Or should I take an infopass to find it for sure. Pls advice.

PS : One more info from CR. In 2007 my case got transfered from Vermont to TSC. The CR mentioned that for some of the transfer cases the biometrics that was done may have lost the link with the application. So he adviced that its better to have it done again than searching.

kviswanathan
09-11-2009, 08:29 PM
Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident.

After 15 years - Finally got the email today. Thanks to this community for the support. Good luck to everyone who is still going to have to deal with the vagaries and the insanity of USCIS.

Details :
PD : Apr 04
Category : EB2I
NSC
July 2, 07 Recd & Sept 10, 07 Notice Date.

gondalguru
09-11-2009, 08:58 PM
I received CPO email / welcome notice email yesterday. Case was approved for me and my wife on 9/10/2009. Now just waiting for the physical cards. Best of luck to all who are current and still waiting. As october will also remain current for all 2004 eb-2 India folks, chances are very high that all 2004 cases will be approved (easy to say but hard to believe until actually approved...and I was in the same boat till yesterday noon).

Again good luck guys.

gondalguru
09-11-2009, 09:02 PM

Anyone waiting older PD then mine? am I the unluckiest one? please make me feel lucky !.

I just took info pass appointment, they said, my case was assigned to an officer on Jun 6 2009. No news , no RFE or no LUD since then.

Thanks & Regards,
-N

Please contact the local senator's office (if you have not done that... ) It really helps.

sunil68
09-11-2009, 09:26 PM
...yet another Green engineer waits :)

Happy for y'all who are getting through!

My advice is to switch to EB2, if you qualify for it. Unless law changes, you are really looking for a long time and you have to hold on to that job too. Best of luck.

us2004
09-11-2009, 09:35 PM
I am happy to say that me and my wife got CPO emails yesterday 09/10 night.
My PD is Nov 2004.
I opened a SR on 09/8.
I would like to thank IV forum and the guy/(s) who suggested opening a SR.

Thanks!

gveerab
09-12-2009, 12:55 AM
Today I went to Sanjose office for the appointment, it was quick. Even though IO is not that friendly, he gave all the required information.

1) I was not sure about my PD, I applied with EB2 -I140 and later I got my EB3 I-140 approval and requested USCIS to port my PD. As per IO they considered that request.
2) Also IO mentioned that as my PD is current, USCIS completed processing my application.
But not yet approved.
3) I also opened SDR last week, so far no response.

Thanks,

sixpockets
09-12-2009, 01:36 PM
Yesterday got the GC approval notices for both me and my wife. No approval email yet.
PD - 11/2004, activated AC21 in Feb 2008.
Details in the signature.
Good luck to everyone waiting!

ckarri
09-12-2009, 02:11 PM
Dear Senator,

I am writing this letter requesting your kind help to inquire the status of my I-485 application.

I am currently employed as a XXX at XXX in XXX city . My employment based Immigration petition (EB-2) on my behalf was filed for permanent residency in the US, with a priority date of Aug 2004. The application (I-140) was approved in December 2005, and Adjustment of Status petition (I-485) was promptly filed in July, 2007. To date, my I-485 application is still pending with USCIS at the Nebraska Service Center.

The current cut-off date for EB-2 is Jan 2005, long after my priority date of Aug 2004.

I hold a master’s degree in XXX from XX State University and an MBA from University of XXX I came to USA in 1996 and have been a hard-working and law abiding citizen. My wife has an MBA from XX University and she is pursuing a masters program (part time) at University of XX while working full time at XXXX as a XX Analyst.

The long period of waiting for our green cards has caused great inconvenience, frustration, and financial burden to our work and life. While we see several of my friends who applied later than us getting their green cards in employment category, we are still awaiting our green cards.

It will be greatly appreciate if you can look into this and request the USCIS NSC to adjudicate my case and assign a visa number. The details of my case are as follows:

Receipt Number: XXX
Alien Number: AXXX
Passport Number: XXX
Citizenship: INDIA
Service Center: NSC
Petitioner: XXXX

Sincerely Yours,
XXXX

grp220glx
09-12-2009, 11:00 PM
My PD is May 2003... still waiting.

Thanks & Regards,
-N

GCNirvana007
09-13-2009, 12:53 AM
My PD is May 2003... still waiting.

Did you take any necessary steps?. Have you been reading these posts here at all?.

grp220glx
09-13-2009, 12:53 PM
Did everything I could. SRs, Info pass, congressman, Senators, Ombudsman, NSC IO etc. Only one reply from everybody "additiona review", "Internal security background check". Last updated date on our 485 case was in May 2008 because of address change.

Thanks.

Did you take any necessary steps?. Have you been reading these posts here at all?.

naushit
09-13-2009, 01:04 PM
I tried also almost everything, only difference is in my case it's TSC.

I usually got "Additional review" answer , but in my last infopass appointment , IO mentioned that it's "Assigned to an officer" on 6/09/2009.

But , no updates after that.

I am thinking abut WOM , but want to wait till Oct-Nov 2009.

Thanks,
-N

Did everything I could. SRs, Info pass, congressman, Senators, Ombudsman, NSC IO etc. Only one reply from everybody "additiona review", "Internal security background check". Last updated date on our 485 case was in May 2008 because of address change.

Thanks.

kpchal2
09-13-2009, 08:29 PM

I usually got "Additional review" answer , but in my last infopass appointment , IO mentioned that it's "Assigned to an officer" on 6/09/2009.

Thanks,
-N

hi naushit
i am sorry to hear about u, but i think u are in a much better state. i got to know that my file was enroute to an officer around the end aug, reached an officer early september and then approved in the second week of september. based on my understanding, ur file is preadjudicated, is ready to be approved and also has a visa number assigned. i think it is just a matter of 2 or 3 days before u break the exciting and great news to us. not the great response, but i hope it helps.

GCNirvana007
09-13-2009, 10:57 PM

Thanks,
-N

Yep wait for few days or this month ( since you are current next month too ), otherwise legitmiate case for WOM

piyushmittal
09-13-2009, 11:18 PM
Hello
Congrats to people who got their GC.

I am still waiting.:(

Can someone tell me in detail how to open an SR (what does that mean)?

My case is supposed to be at TSC. July 2 filer.

What is Infopass? Should I try for that? or not? or wait?

Thanks

Last soft LUD 7/15/9 on my case
Nothing on my wife case.
Notice date 8/27/9

gveerab
09-14-2009, 01:04 AM
Below are the steps I followed:
1) Called 1800- number on the receipt and entered the SRC number.
2) In the telephone options selected "application is outside processing dates"
3) connected to customer support Rep, explained about my situation in simple words and requested her to help.
4) She took all the information, opened SR and provided confirmation number.
5) So far didn't receive any reply, still waiting. As per customer support Rep this might take up to 40 days.

INFOPASS:

With this option you can visit local immigration office and inquire about the case status.Depends on the IO mood, he will provide some information and latest status of your case.
In my case IO told me that application is completed but not approved yet. . As per the rule you should open SR and wait 45 days to take infopass appointment. But lot of people including me took infopass appointment without waiting and inquired about the case.

Here is the link to book infopass appointment
InfoPass. (http://infopass.uscis.gov/)

:)

Hello
Congrats to people who got their GC.

I am still waiting.:(

Can someone tell me in detail how to open an SR (what does that mean)?

My case is supposed to be at TSC. July 2 filer.

What is Infopass? Should I try for that? or not? or wait?

Thanks

Last soft LUD 7/15/9 on my case
Nothing on my wife case.
Notice date 8/27/9

buvane
09-14-2009, 01:12 AM

Thanks,
-N

I contacted the congressman office and also got the same reply as my case is under "Extended Security Review" I can't take it lightly afte waiting so long. I will also consider filing WOM. Please let me know if you decide to do so that we may contact same lawyer...

PD May 7,2004
RD July 2, 2007
ND Aug 28,2007

gveerab
09-14-2009, 01:16 AM
One of my friend has been waiting from last 10 years, in fact more than 10 years. This might help him, he tried almost all the options.

Thanks,
Veera

I contacted the congressman office and also got the same reply as my case is under "Extended Security Review" I can't take it lightly afte waiting so long. I will also consider filing WOM. Please let me know if you decide to do so that we may contact same lawyer...

PD May 7,2004
RD July 2, 2007
ND Aug 28,2007

buvane
09-14-2009, 01:29 AM
One of my friend has been waiting from last 10 years, in fact more than 10 years. This might help him, he tried almost all the options.

Thanks,
Veera

WOM - It is "Writ Of Mandamus"

Bhuvane
PD May 7,2004

gveerab
09-14-2009, 01:31 AM
Veera

Bhuvane
PD May 7,2004

GCNirvana007
09-14-2009, 01:54 AM

Bhuvane
PD May 7,2004

Yes, you guys here have a legitimate reason, wait till end of month , then go for it. Lot of paperwork involved, get them straight and be ready. They cant get away with this.

pd_recapturing
09-14-2009, 10:04 AM
I got Card production ordered email today morning. My case was PD porting from EB3 to EB2. Thanks everyone.

sdrblr
09-14-2009, 11:32 AM
Are you kidding me !!!
10 years !!! from what date? entering the country or since filing for Labor cert?

I seriously doubt anybody with that old PD are still waiting.

Thanks,
Veera

jetflyer
09-14-2009, 12:40 PM
I got Card production ordered email today morning. My case was PD porting from EB3 to EB2. Thanks everyone.

Because of the people like you who are misusing the system, jumping around to different categories.

All Genuine EB2 people are suffering.

freedom_fighter
09-14-2009, 12:56 PM

Hi, congrats to you on finally getting it. I've sent to a private PM, pls check.

thanks

gveerab
09-14-2009, 12:56 PM
He came to this country around 97 and applied fro GC in couple of years after that. What USCIS is saying is they are special background check... I am not sure what this is. He went to Congress member and Senator. So far no luck .
He thought he will get GC and decided not to renew H1b, now he has been working on EAD. Once he faces problem with EAD also, EAD didn't come in time because of this he stayed at home for two weeks.

After seeing all this I decided to stay on H1b, even though i have EAD.

Are you kidding me !!!
10 years !!! from what date? entering the country or since filing for Labor cert?

I seriously doubt anybody with that old PD are still waiting.

sonaliak
09-14-2009, 01:03 PM

Congrats PD_recapturing , good to see some PD porting cases approved.

saketh555
09-14-2009, 01:04 PM
Because of the people like you who are misusing the system, jumping around to different categories.

You'll be the first one to jump into EB1 boat if you have a choice to do so:eek:.There is a way and he used it, don't cry or feel bad for not getting gc.

Congrats 'PD_RECAPTURE'!!!

dummgelauft
09-14-2009, 01:52 PM

Don;t worry about these people. They have done all the damage they could, and also, they have technically not done anything illegal.
BUT, anybody attempting to a porting NOW, better be very very careful. There have been two denials at the LC stage, that I personally know of. Now, I must add this, both these guys are in IT, one of them works for a consultant (not desi company though).
Also, my lawyer has told me that PERM labor application in EB2 are under heavy scruitiny these days, and more so if they see an EB3 to EB2 porting. PERM approval is taking over one year anyways.

sdrblr
09-14-2009, 03:11 PM
I just want to comment on the below where you say "if they see EB3 to EB2 porting".
DOL does not see this info. All that they see is a new PERM application coming in. It is the USCIS that will do the porting not DOL.

Also, my lawyer has told me that PERM labor application in EB2 are under heavy scruitiny these days, and more so if they see an EB3 to EB2 porting. PERM approval is taking over one year anyways.

ruchigup
09-14-2009, 03:37 PM
I am just coming back from infopass appointment and being told that my case is with officer since 9/3/09 (date I opened SR) and I should wait 3-6 months before inquiring back again. All steps like name check, background check are complete. My finger printing was done once in November 2007, but she said it is updated in system in 2009 (she said the month also, but I forgot when). She said that there are there are internal steps which are not known to public are taking place with the officer. Nothing can be done, but wait.

But I don't understand why she said 3 - 6 month wait. Hope I don't have to wait till next September for the spillover.

Good news is that Visa numbers are still available for the month, she told me after checking the system. I guess hope is still there.

Good luck to all of us who are pending.

akottai
09-14-2009, 03:41 PM
Congrats to all those who got greened... :)
Enjoy the freedom... :)

HappyIndia
09-14-2009, 05:24 PM
I never logged in. But its to time inform the other members on this forum to boost their spirits who have been waiting for their GC since logn time. Goodluck to every one

EB2-I ,, NSC
PD: Dec 2004
Applied AOS July 2007

I 485 approved : 09/09/2009
Approval notice Sent: 09/12/09
Recieved GC: 09/14/09

Good Luck to every one.

sku
09-14-2009, 05:40 PM
I never logged in. But its to time inform the other members on this forum to boost their spirits who have been waiting for their GC since logn time. Goodluck to every one

EB2-I ,, NSC
PD: Dec 2004
Applied AOS July 2007

I 485 approved : 09/09/2009
Approval notice Sent: 09/12/09
Recieved GC: 09/14/09

Good Luck to every one.

Congratulations "HappyIndia" we are happy for you

kbsyed61
09-14-2009, 06:05 PM
The last worry was also laid to rest today with receipt of the physical cards including my wife's and daughter's.

FYI, my I-485 got approved on 09/03. For more details see my signature.

rnednur
09-14-2009, 06:12 PM
kbsyed61 .. congrats...
do not worry .. we will worry that we have no worries . :)

I am trying to reach that stage .. waiting for approval still..

buvane
09-14-2009, 06:22 PM
I am just coming back from infopass appointment and being told that my case is with officer since 9/3/09 (date I opened SR) and I should wait 3-6 months before inquiring back again. All steps like name check, background check are complete. My finger printing was done once in November 2007, but she said it is updated in system in 2009 (she said the month also, but I forgot when). She said that there are there are internal steps which are not known to public are taking place with the officer. Nothing can be done, but wait.

But I don't understand why she said 3 - 6 month wait. Hope I don't have to wait till next September for the spillover.

Good news is that Visa numbers are still available for the month, she told me after checking the system. I guess hope is still there.

Did you ask why only for your case they are again reviewing for another 3-6 months. Is that the new process starting this year? There should be transparency why is it not known to public.

PD may 7,2004

langagadu
09-14-2009, 06:27 PM
If it is EB-3 PERM to EB-2 PERM, yes DOL will see. I think you need to withdraw EB-3 before filing EB-2 or DOL will ask.

If it is old EB-3 case filed in paper, DOL will not see that. USCIS will do the porting upon request.

I just want to comment on the below where you say "if they see EB3 to EB2 porting".
DOL does not see this info. All that they see is a new PERM application coming in. It is the USCIS that will do the porting not DOL.

jun172004
09-14-2009, 07:11 PM
I have done my masters in US and I have Alien number when I got PT EAD card. When I got my I485 receipt during July 2007 fiasco, Alien number assigned on the I485 receipt is different from what I had on PT EAD card in the past. When I discussed this issue online multiple people said When I get I485 approval USCIS will correct my Alien number on I485 to old Alien number on PT EAD card.

But I got I485 approval now, they didnt change the Alien Number . They kept the new number assigned on I485 receipt notice. I am sure many people will be in the same boat. Will it cause any issues in the future. Do I need to do anything on this?

Thanks

vshivaji
09-14-2009, 07:17 PM
Hi,

Today i got GC along with my wife and Kid.

Good luck to every one.

NSC, EB2 2004 Nov.

kubmilegaGC
09-14-2009, 08:14 PM
any approvals today? I didnt see many from 9/11...What's going on? anyone who got the email (CPO - the first kind of approval really) in last two days?

kub milega ye GC? still patiently waiting...

vikki76
09-14-2009, 08:21 PM
That is what IO also told me when I went for my InfoPass that visa numbers are available. But the main worry is that our file should be assigned to some IO/case rep and not sit in some shelf till the end of time. Who can take care of that? If they can issue GC starting from 9:00 am EST September 1st then what is happening to remaining application.

adobe howm
09-14-2009, 08:34 PM
Hi,

Today i got GC along with my wife and Kid.

Good luck to every one.

NSC, EB2 2004 Nov.

Congrats!

mdmd10
09-14-2009, 08:45 PM
It my turn to say Approved! I'm so happy that my head is totally spinning. Both myself and spouse are approved today.

I did raise an SR on 9/3 but recieved no response yet. Contacted my Congressman and raised an inquiry for my case status. I did have a RFE to which we replied on Aug 12th and its has been approximately 1 month after the response was sent. I don't know what triggered the approval, whether contacting congressman, the SR or the time after RFE response, but whatever it is it worked and for that I am ever grateful and happy.

snathan
09-14-2009, 09:58 PM
If it is EB-3 PERM to EB-2 PERM, yes DOL will see. I think you need to withdraw EB-3 before filing EB-2 or DOL will ask.

If it is old EB-3 case filed in paper, DOL will not see that. USCIS will do the porting upon request.

Do you have any source for this...

pushkarw
09-14-2009, 10:26 PM
Hello Friends!

I received the physical green cards today. My status changed to CPO on September 4th.

Good luck to all of you.

upconvert
09-14-2009, 11:03 PM
It my turn to say Approved! I'm so happy that my head is totally spinning. Both myself and spouse are approved today.

I did raise an SR on 9/3 but recieved no response yet. Contacted my Congressman and raised an inquiry for my case status. I did have a RFE to which we replied on Aug 12th and its has been approximately 1 month after the response was sent. I don't know what triggered the approval, whether contacting congressman, the SR or the time after RFE response, but whatever it is it worked and for that I am ever grateful and happy.

Congrats!

InTheMoment
09-15-2009, 12:02 AM
The 1 series A#'s (starting with digit 1 on your PT EAD) are not permanent A#'s. Permanent A#'s are used for the purpose of Legal Permanent Residency, the one which is on your I-485 approval starting with digit 0 is the real deal. So relax!

I have done my masters in US and I have Alien number when I got PT EAD card. When I got my I485 receipt during July 2007 fiasco, Alien number assigned on the I485 receipt is different from what I had on PT EAD card in the past. When I discussed this issue online multiple people said When I get I485 approval USCIS will correct my Alien number on I485 to old Alien number on PT EAD card.

But I got I485 approval now, they didnt change the Alien Number . They kept the new number assigned on I485 receipt notice. I am sure many people will be in the same boat. Will it cause any issues in the future. Do I need to do anything on this?

Thanks

gconmymind
09-15-2009, 12:17 AM
I had my 485 Biometrics Code 1 done on 10th September. Today I received another Biometrics notice for 485, which is a Code 3, but has the same 10th September appointment date and time. It was mailed from USCIS on 11th September. I am not sure what to make of this and what to do now?

I am thinking of going to the ASC center tomorrow and try to explain this to them. What else can I do?

After the Biometrics last week, I have not seen LUD on my case.

ruchigup
09-15-2009, 12:16 PM
Mera bhi aa gaya...yaaaaaaaaeeeeeeeee

People who are current and still waiting please open SR and take Infopass. Day I opened SR, my case was assigned to officer. And Day after I took Infopass my case got approved.

Case is approved for me and my husband after 10 years since landing in US for MS

I don't know how to react. I am sitting by myself in office and smiling with all 32 out.

Good luck to all still waiting.....But please open SR and take Inforpass. My gut feeling is it helps.

Thanks to IV for making July 20007 happen and all for your valuable inputs and suggestions.

Winner
09-15-2009, 12:21 PM

People who are current and still waiting please open SR and take Infopass. Day I opened SR, my case was assigned to officer. And Day after I took Infopass my case got approved.

Case is approved for me and my husband after 10 years since landing in US for MS

I don't know how to react. I am sitting by myself in office and smiling with all 32 out.

Good luck to all still waiting.....But please open SR and take Inforpass. My gut feeling is it helps.

Thanks to IV for making July 20007 happen and all for your valuable inputs and suggestions.

Congratulations. Please support IV in anyways you can.

amsgc
09-15-2009, 12:22 PM
Nice - Congratulations!

dummgelauft
09-15-2009, 12:23 PM

Yes, DOL does see this.
Look at the VERY FIRST Field of ETA form 9089.
Here it is what it says:
"1. Are you seeking to utilize the filing date for a previously submitted application for Alien Employemnt Certification (ETA 750)?"
"1-A. If Yes, enter the previous filing date"
"2-A. "Indicate the previous SWA or local offiice case number OR, if not available, specify the state where case was originally filed:"

So, there you you go. They have this visibility.

NolaIndian32
09-15-2009, 12:29 PM
Happy to report that I received my very white permanent residency card in the mail yesterday 9/14/09.

Best of luck to everyone!

-Nola

hebbar77
09-15-2009, 12:36 PM
all folks who gave me company on this website in the wait for GC:

I/wife/child finally got the approval today , just now!.
Good luck to everyone in the waiting line.

vjkypally
09-15-2009, 12:40 PM
Congrats Ruchi and Hebbar. Keep the approvals coming:)!!!

irock
09-15-2009, 12:40 PM
Finally got CPO email on 9/15/09 at 7:30PM.
PD Aug 2004, NSC.
RD 07/26/09

Contacted senator on 9/11/09, but never heared from her. So not sure whether it helped or not.

Still waiting for my wife's I-485 approval.

I hope all of you receive your green cards soon. Thanks.

nrk
09-15-2009, 12:49 PM
Hi Guys,

Does any one know how many EB2 Approvals we got in the month of September, Till now i was checking in .com it shows 310 EB2 I (primary + dependent) approved at this moment. Is there any other way to track how many approvals got it for EB2 I.

Regards,

sanjay
09-15-2009, 12:52 PM

Congratulations ruchigup.

It's not like who ever had opened SR got the GC this time. There were only few lucky ones ( I said lucky one due to benefit of doubt, that SR did the trick ). But for most of the guys, like me, got the standard reply by snail mail that my case is given to some IO for additional review or extended review.

Now this Extended review had whole lot of different meanings and no one knows the exact. It's all guess.

These days, I had made peace with myself that I would get GC only when I am destined to get it. When time comes no one can stop it and no matter how much I try it's not going to come to me. I am waiting for my time. At least , I am having peace of mind now a days.

nvsreddy
09-15-2009, 12:53 PM
Hi,

My 485 has been transfered from TX to Vermount....is any one know why they do this and when can I expect this back.

Thanks.

ruchigup
09-15-2009, 01:15 PM
I guess you are right....Luck is there. When every body was receiving approval after opening SR, I was wondering, except me everybody getting approved.

At my Infopass IO took lot of time punching numbers on the keyboard and staring at screen. She gave me a pessimistic outlook i.e. wait 3-6 months. But I guess she was sending notification to IO to whom my case is assigned or something ;-)

If you have not take InfoPass, definitely take it. If you have taken it, may be take another one, you might see a better IO.(Ofcourse if field office is not too far for second appointment)

Congratulations ruchigup.

It's not like who ever had opened SR got the GC this time. There were only few lucky ones ( I said lucky one due to benefit of doubt, that SR did the trick ). But for most of the guys, like me, got the standard reply by snail mail that my case is given to some IO for additional review or extended review.

Now this Extended review had whole lot of different meanings and no one knows the exact. It's all guess.

These days, I had made peace with myself that I would get GC only when I am destined to get it. When time comes no one can stop it and no matter how much I try it's not going to come to me. I am waiting for my time. At least , I am having peace of mind now a days.

adobe howm
09-15-2009, 01:35 PM
all folks who gave me company on this website in the wait for GC:

I/wife/child finally got the approval today , just now!.
Good luck to everyone in the waiting line.
Congrats!

gclongwaytogo
09-15-2009, 01:37 PM
Got Greened today.:):D

calboy78
09-15-2009, 02:53 PM
I received CPO email for me and my wife today :-)
I would like to thank IV leaders and members for their support. I would also continue doing my part in Iv's effort.

I did following - not sure which one worked:
sent a letter to NSC (but I am sure it has not even reached there yet)
opened a SR via "new poj" method (the response was ...my case is with IO ..wait for 60 days)
talked to NSC IO via "new poj" method (he just told me that my case is with IO)
talked to IO via infopass (he just told me that my case is with IO)
contacted congressperson

Good luck everyone who is waiting.

sku
09-15-2009, 03:04 PM

Congrats gclongwaytogo.....

Any approvals EB2 where case was transferred from TSC to NSC ?

My PD is 3rd Sep 2004......No LUD's...I opened a SR calling at NSC, but the SR# ends with TSC as my receipt number start with SRC....as it was initialy sent to TSC on 2nd July 2007...later in December 2007 i got mail saying my application was transferred to NSC

kubmilegaGC
09-15-2009, 03:06 PM
I would like to thank IV leaders and members for their support. I would also continue doing my part in Iv's effort.

opened a SR via "new poj" method (the response was ...my case is with IO ..wait for 60 days)
contacted congressperson

Congrats @calboy, @ruchi and @gc longway --- Very Happy for you. I am reaching the same stage that you probably have taken...Going for infopass in next 2 hours..I have done everything like 2 SRs (wifes got a reply in 1 day saying it is with an officer) mine which was opened a week before - NO reply....Lawyer sent some letter in August - no reply on that - wrote to a senator - no reply from that either...So InfoPass :) now - lets keep at it!!!!

All guys who are greened and giving support for guys like me - a BIG THANK YOU! CAN NOT DO IT ALONE - THANKS FOR HANGING IN FOR US!

Others like me - Let's not loose HOPE guys ---- lets keep the momentum ON.

Thanks,

sdrblr
09-15-2009, 03:07 PM
Thank you for pointing this out. I apologize for the confusion.

Yes, DOL does see this.
Look at the VERY FIRST Field of ETA form 9089.
Here it is what it says:
"1. Are you seeking to utilize the filing date for a previously submitted application for Alien Employemnt Certification (ETA 750)?"
"1-A. If Yes, enter the previous filing date"
"2-A. "Indicate the previous SWA or local offiice case number OR, if not available, specify the state where case was originally filed:"

So, there you you go. They have this visibility.

hpandey
09-15-2009, 03:16 PM
Today I got the case status changed online with "Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident"

It took 10 years for completing this Journey.

No interviews or RFEs. Did once AC-21.
I substituted EB3 priority date to EB2 and got the 485 cleared. The substitution request was sent while filing 485 application.

Receipt date of 485 - 10th Aug 2007.
EB2 priority - Feb 1st 2006.
Eb3 priority - September 23, 2004.

So the substitution of porting the priority date from EB3 to EB2 worked in my case.

This forum is very much useful and great. !!!!!

Congratulations on the excellent news ! Since you found the forum so useful in all this time I would recommend that you donate something to the IV cause that others who are stuck in the limbo can also benefit and our community can go ahead with the cause.

vjkypally
09-15-2009, 03:51 PM
Great to see many approvals today.This time USCIS is doing a great job.

Winner
09-15-2009, 04:22 PM
Congratulations on the excellent news ! Since you found the forum so useful in all this time I would recommend that you donate something to the IV cause that others who are stuck in the limbo can also benefit and our community can go ahead with the cause.

If thanks costs anything, many will stop thanking!

Take it easy.

kubmilegaGC
09-15-2009, 05:04 PM
Congrats @calboy, @ruchi and @gc longway --- Very Happy for you. I am reaching the same stage that you probably have taken...Going for infopass in next 2 hours..I have done everything like 2 SRs (wifes got a reply in 1 day saying it is with an officer) mine which was opened a week before - NO reply....Lawyer sent some letter in August - no reply on that - wrote to a senator - no reply from that either...So InfoPass :) now - lets keep at it!!!!

All guys who are greened and giving support for guys like me - a BIG THANK YOU! CAN NOT DO IT ALONE - THANKS FOR HANGING IN FOR US!

Others like me - Let's not loose HOPE guys ---- lets keep the momentum ON.

Thanks,

the local service center lady said - Assigned to an office on 9/11 - now HOW MUCH OF A WAIT AFTER ASSIGNED TO AN OFFICER? recent approvals - can you shed some light?

hopefulgc
09-15-2009, 05:29 PM
i remember you from the july fiasco days..
congratulations are in order.

i still remember the despair in our voices in 2007 :)

contacted congressperson

dvnagesh
09-15-2009, 05:29 PM
My friend, PD May 2004 EB2 ( NSC ) got CPO mail today. He opened a SR last week. Straight forward case no RFEs no transfer etc.

natrajs
09-15-2009, 05:34 PM
My Co worker and His wife got the welcome notice email today from TSC ( EB2-I - Nov 04 PD)

I am hoping to get mine too

adobe howm
09-15-2009, 05:49 PM

Congrats - now change your name from gclongwaytogo to something else... :-)

caliguy
09-15-2009, 05:49 PM
I am one of the unfortunate ones who are still waiting, have a PD of June 04.

Good luck to everyone who is still waiting.....

rajarao
09-15-2009, 05:56 PM
Just wanted to share that we received our cards yesterday; they were approved 9/8/09- NSC EB2- PD June 2004.
Thanks to IV and best of luck for everyone

sku
09-15-2009, 06:02 PM
I Called NSC Again to inquire about the SR that I opened on 8th, They told me that response of SR was mailed on 14th. No LUD's though...

Do we know what is standard response in SR

kubmilegaGC
09-15-2009, 06:03 PM
I am one of the unfortunate ones who are still waiting, have a PD of June 04.

Good luck to everyone who is still waiting.....

I am in the same boat @natraj and @caliguy...June 04 and still waiting? what have you done so far? 2 SRs, senator and infopass? do you know if your case is assigned to IO? and when?

rajarao
09-15-2009, 06:04 PM
I have been noticing that donation goal progress bar is stuck at 1515. With many approvals coming this month, one would hope that bar will reach its goal very fast. Also, I made $100 on 9/8/09 with Pay-pal, but progress bar did not update. Any ideas?.

ruchigup
09-15-2009, 06:07 PM
When did you open your SR, Was it on 9/10 or 9/11 or some other date

My SR was opened on 9/2 and case was assigned to officer on 9/3. I had Infopass on 9/14 and got approval 9/15 @ 7:30 am PST. Got CPO email at 7:30 am and Welcome Notice sent at 1:00 pm.

Wish you good luck.

the local service center lady said - Assigned to an office on 9/11 - now HOW MUCH OF A WAIT AFTER ASSIGNED TO AN OFFICER? recent approvals - can you shed some light?

caliguy
09-15-2009, 06:13 PM
I am in the same boat @natraj and @caliguy...June 04 and still waiting? what have you done so far? 2 SRs, senator and infopass? do you know if your case is assigned to IO? and when?

My attorney opened a SR on 09/01. I went for Infopass on 09/04. I met the local senator last week of August and they sent out an inquiry first week of September. I still dont see any action on my application. Online status shows a LUD of April 2009, that is when I had filed AP/EAD this year, last status update was in September 2007. I think they have lost my file or something along those lines...

feedfront
09-15-2009, 06:23 PM

SR1 :

SR2:

Check your I-140 for EB-category. Write to USCIS ombudsman using the DHS-7001 form explaining the discrepancy, enclose the copy of I-140 (higlight PD & section). Contact your senator, if possible.

Imigrait
09-15-2009, 06:31 PM
Received "Welcome Notice" and "CPO" emails today! :)

Thanks everyone and thanks Immigrationvoice for support during this journey.

rpat1968
09-15-2009, 06:37 PM
Did a infopass on 9/11/09 and the IO opened a internal SR. No update yet from it?
Contacted Senator yesterday and wiating for resonse. My Attrorney will be wiritng to USCIS this week. Today I see approvals coming for receipt dates in july 2007, may be mine in the pipeline.

Check your I-140 for EB-category. Write to USCIS ombudsman using the DHS-7001 form explaining the discrepancy, enclose the copy of I-140 (higlight PD & section). Contact your senator, if possible.

kubmilegaGC
09-15-2009, 06:44 PM
@ ruchi,

My SR was opened on 9/4 (Friday) - no action/response on it yet.
Wife's SR opened on 9/11 (Friday) - she received response on 9/14 (Monday) saying the case is with an officer.
I took infopass this afternoon (9/15 - Tuesday) - Lady said everything looks okay and your file was assigned to an officer on 9/11 (I asked for MY file NOT my wife's in this case since I went for infopass)

so looks like her SR initiation worked...and now waiting..havent called the SC yet - should I???

ksrk
09-15-2009, 06:47 PM

Hey kubmilegaGC, hopefully, this will be encouraging/useful info to you...
At my Infopass appt. (on 09/03), I was told that my (and my wife's) 485 apps were assigned to an IO on Aug. 18, 2009. We recd. our CPO emails on 9/10 and the approval notices came in the (snail) mail on 9/14 - something like 3-4wks in our case. Hopefully yours will take lesser time than this.

Either way, hang in there, and the best of wishes and luck to you for a speedy approval - and October remains a good month for us.

kubmilegaGC
09-15-2009, 06:48 PM
@ cali - I did everything that you did ...and I am wondering like you too :) I just wrote about my chronological order of inquiries...from @ruchi experince - may be after things get assigned to a officer and infopass - things move - lets hope for the best in next couple of days!!

kubmilegaGC
09-15-2009, 06:52 PM
@ksrk - thanks for the timeline ..our cases are assigned on 9/11 - so lets see how much time it takes after that? Thanks again for the info though and the wishes :) need all of those!

ksrk
09-15-2009, 07:12 PM
@ksrk - thanks for the timeline ..our cases are assigned on 9/11 - so lets see how much time it takes after that? Thanks again for the info though and the wishes :) need all of those!

Btw, hebbar77 had posted similar information - I think his/her case was assigned to an IO ~Aug. 26th and s/he got his/her approval in the last couple of days. Maybe you can send him/her a PM to find out and either way, that's another data point in support of a 3-4wk timeframe.

npraveen
09-15-2009, 08:37 PM
I got CPO email and also got my welcome letter in mail yesterday. But I did not receive any updates for my wife who was filed as my dependent. Most of my friends got emails for the main applicant and derivative on same day. We called an IO today and she said her case is with an officer too. She also said its little weird that my case is approved and my wifes case is pending.
Does anyone see this thing happenning ?

whatamidoinghere
09-15-2009, 09:10 PM
I got CPO email and also got my welcome letter in mail yesterday. But I did not receive any updates for my wife who was filed as my dependent. Most of my friends got emails for the main applicant and derivative on same day. We called an IO today and she said her case is with an officer too. She also said its little weird that my case is approved and my wifes case is pending.

I have the same issue. I got my card but my wife's case was transferred to National Benefits Center last week, and we'll probably be called for an interview. I suspect it is a fingerprint issue as my wife had previously received a FP notice due to bad quality of the fingerprint and maybe the second attempt has also not yielded good prints.

rick_rajvanshi
09-15-2009, 09:17 PM
Recd Approval and CPO Mails today.
NSC , PD Oct 2004 , Receipt Date : 8/10/2007 , Notice Date : 9/15/2007

apb
09-15-2009, 09:31 PM
I am seeing all these approvals and I wonder what order they follow.
My PD is Mar/04.
140 approved more than two years back.
Receipt Date = July/19th/2007
ND = Aug/17/2007.

Looking at the approvals I am not seeing any pattern/order. In some cases there are LUDs and in some there are no LUDs before CPO mail.
Should we even take into account these when we are guessing on our case?
For the money they take I wish they had more transparency. Hopefully the new website brings something different and meaningful.
With dates being current 1 month and next month the dates moving back, what is the point of an SR where we have to wait for 60 days?

pd_recapturing
09-15-2009, 09:44 PM
Hey KubMilageGC, My case was assigned to IO on 2nd Sep and got approved on 12th so wait for your case. It will definitely get approved in a few.

seekerofpeace
09-15-2009, 09:56 PM
same issue for me. I got the approval notice by mail but no cards and am told not to contact USCIS for 90 days and they may send Biometrics notice. For my wife we took Infopass and it was useless...we are told it is with an officer...it is not preadjudicated...my lawyer thru AILA found that there seems to be biometrics issue for her....and they have sent another FP notice which i shhould get in 2 weeks....but I didn;t see any soft LUD for her...shouldn;t a FP notice generate a s oft LUD...

Had generated an SR for her too...I guess we are having problems because we are transfer cases TSC-CSC-TSC...so we are kinda stuck....Had sent letter to ombudsman....

Dunno what else I could do...but this much is sure that biometrics won't hold approval otherwise I won't have been approved......they are just not interested in her case I guess at least till visa nos are available...then it will be easier for them to send a letter...waiting for visa number which will silence me for another year...

SoP

snddlth
09-15-2009, 10:42 PM
I called up TSC regarding my case and the IO told me that my case is still not assigned to any IO and she also informed me that all VISA numbers for Sept are exhausted.

natrajs
09-15-2009, 11:02 PM
Got the CPO e mail for ( Self & Spouse ) @ 7 PM EDT - 9/15 - TSC

10 Yr wait is completed

EB2 - I - June 04

rnednur
09-15-2009, 11:19 PM
Guys .. I just received welcome email for me and my wife. I came to US in Aug '98 on H1B. Applied GC first time in 2000 and my labor was approved in April 2001 and before I could apply for 140 division shutodwn then again applied in Apr 2002 , but this time company itself was shutdown :)
and then finally applied again in May'04 and stayed with the same company. Finally got "Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident." mail for me and my wife.

Thx for help and support.

Btw, I have an Infopass appointment tomorrow. I was going to cancel it but before I do wanted to take some advice regarding the following statement.
"Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later."
Is this regarding biometrics. Should I just keep my scheduled Infopass and get this completed. Any suggestions?

seekerofpeace
09-15-2009, 11:30 PM
snddlth,
I guess you were right to hear about visa number exhaustion...but then you see more approvals....but it is ceratin rate of approvals have gone down and still many with older PDs are waiting.....Well don't know what to trust..

I guess no one has a clue....

SoP

kubmilegaGC
09-16-2009, 12:06 AM
Hey KubMilageGC, My case was assigned to IO on 2nd Sep and got approved on 12th so wait for your case. It will definitely get approved in a few.

Thanks..so there couple of instances of 3-4 weeks after it has been assigned to couple of instances of 10 days..Hoping for the shorter wait....Now someone is mentioning about visa numbers getting getting exhausted - the timing of this is becoming crucial.

kams
09-16-2009, 12:10 AM
Hello all,

Today we received the email. (Primary and Two dependents)

Current Status: Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident.

On September 8, 2009, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before you get your new card call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

PD- EB2 Dec 2004
We opened a SR on Friday and Viola..

Good luck guys.

Today we received our Cards, no CPO email. On 9/8 we received Welcome notice (email) , 9/11 - Approval notice (email), Welcome notice (snail mail) 9/12 and today (9/15) we received the Cards by mail.

Thanks IV, good luck guys.

MerciesOfInjustices
09-16-2009, 01:01 AM
A friend - PD 08/04, RD 07/07 - got his Approval Notice yesterday. He is awaiting notices for derivatives - wife/ daughter.
Just to add to the tally, for the record.

arvi
09-16-2009, 03:52 AM
My sincere thanks to all of you and this forum in helping me get through this long wait to GC. This is my 13th Years on H1 and what looks like an eternity on GC wait. Finally, I just received the Card Production Ordered message for myself and my wife.

I was fortunate enough to stay with the same employer and except for the single RFE (medical) the wait was fairly uneventful. I didn't raise any Service Requests, Queries etc and let it run its course. In the last couple of weeks however, I was tempted to contact USCIS to find out why the approvals were coming in a completely random sequnce, but the futility of such an attempt kept me from doing it. This is afterall USCIS, there is no method to the madness here.

Here is my case in a nutshell

PD: 5 Jan 2004. I 140 and 485 filed separately. 485 mailed in early July 2007 but official receipt date is Aug 17 2007 and the notice date is Oct 11 2007. First FP in Dec 2007 and second FP a couple of weeks ago on Aug 29 2009.

Again, my sincere Thanks to you all and my very best wishes for a speedy processing for all those who are waiting.

eb2_mumbai
09-16-2009, 10:39 AM
I feel we are being too optimistic with the numbers. Not that I do not wish the dates to move forward. If dates move to Feb 2006 then I will be current. I am myself tired with the wait. It has already screwed my career because of this same job thing. I am so desperate to pick up new skills and move up the value chain. The reason I am not so optimistic is I feel we have no confirmation on spill over every quarter. Then I dont want something like 2009 to happen again. In 2008 dates were Mid 2006 and then in 2009 all we could clear was All 2004.

The only ray of hope is Oct bulletin did not go back. I admit I was wrong because I thought it will. This was pleasant suprise.

mdmd10
09-16-2009, 11:26 AM
Guys .. I just received welcome email for me and my wife. I came to US in Aug '98 on H1B. Applied GC first time in 2000 and my labor was approved in April 2001 and before I could apply for 140 division shutodwn then again applied in Apr 2002 , but this time company itself was shutdown :)
and then finally applied again in May'04 and stayed with the same company. Finally got "Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident." mail for me and my wife.

Thx for help and support.

Btw, I have an Infopass appointment tomorrow. I was going to cancel it but before I do wanted to take some advice regarding the following statement.
"Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later."
Is this regarding biometrics. Should I just keep my scheduled Infopass and get this completed. Any suggestions?

rnednur...Congratulations!! You got it finally. I'm very happy for you.

Winner
09-16-2009, 11:46 AM
My sincere thanks to all of you and this forum in helping me get through this long wait to GC. This is my 13th Years on H1 and what looks like an eternity on GC wait. Finally, I just received the Card Production Ordered message for myself and my wife.

I was fortunate enough to stay with the same employer and except for the single RFE (medical) the wait was fairly uneventful. I didn't raise any Service Requests, Queries etc and let it run its course. In the last couple of weeks however, I was tempted to contact USCIS to find out why the approvals were coming in a completely random sequnce, but the futility of such an attempt kept me from doing it. This is afterall USCIS, there is no method to the madness here.

Here is my case in a nutshell

PD: 5 Jan 2004. I 140 and 485 filed separately. 485 mailed in early July 2007 but official receipt date is Aug 17 2007 and the notice date is Oct 11 2007. First FP in Dec 2007 and second FP a couple of weeks ago on Aug 29 2009.

Again, my sincere Thanks to you all and my very best wishes for a speedy processing for all those who are waiting.

Congratulations. Please update your profile when you get a chance and also consider donating to IV, if you have not done it already.

dwhuser
09-16-2009, 12:41 PM

Anyone else in this boat ??? My spouse who is the primary applicant got approval notice and my status is still 'pending'. God knows why I wasn't approved when I am the dependant.

vjkypally
09-16-2009, 01:06 PM
Hmmmm, no approvals yet today. Looks like the posting yesterday where someone said an IO told him visas are over for this month is true.....

FinalGC
09-16-2009, 01:07 PM
I believe many cases will be assigned a visa number, hence the visa numbers are exhausted. This happened last year too, when we saw approvals in October 2008, since the visas were assigned to these cases in September 08 .

These assigned visa cases will be approved in the latter half of the month. However, if you call TSC or NSC they will say visas are exhausted....

I believe based on what I see, all of 2004 PDs should get visas by Oct 31, 2009.

sanjay
09-16-2009, 01:10 PM
I believe based on what I see, all of 2004 PDs should get visas by Oct 31, 2009.

FinalGC, tumhare muhme Ghee Shakkar. Mine is Aug 2004, waiting. If your words come true then I owe you a Beer party.

hebbar77
09-16-2009, 01:13 PM
All waiting folks pls excuse me for asking this question:

I got welcome email yesterday but no CPO mail. I notice most got both on same day. Any one in similar situation?

ymk
09-16-2009, 01:25 PM
Guys,

The long awaited email has finally arrived....

The last processing action taken on your case

Receipt Number: LIN............

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Card production ordered.
And also as the saying goes "When it rains it pours..." .. I got 3 emails from CRIS about the CPO.

Came to US in 1999 and it has been an eventful journey with many ups and downs.

Finally some kind of secured feeling and relief so I can sleep well during nights with out a scotch or NyQuil :)

I wish all the "waiters" good luck for their turn.

Off course as always... What next is a big question that I need to ask myself? :)

Cheers,
K.

kdubey
09-16-2009, 03:02 PM
Guys,
Finally after 10 yrs in US, we received our plastic cards last week.

PD : Dec 2004

Have patience and all of you will get yours too.

sku
09-16-2009, 03:27 PM
I can not get to Nebraska through POJ....Every time it goes to National Service Center...They just read the status that is online....I just asked can you look into your system and tell me what is my PD , they said no....Only thing they can do is open a SR as the case is ou side the 30 day processing window...

My PD is 3rd Sept 2004

rnednur
09-16-2009, 03:47 PM
It is really good to see all the approvals..I hope all who are waiting will get it soon.

pd04
09-16-2009, 04:14 PM
Got CPO e-mails for me and my wife today. Wish you all the best for all of you, and many thanks to IV. Here are the details of my case:

PD: Aug 2004, EB2-I
RD: July 2, 2007, NSC
ND: Aug 13, 2007
FP: Oct 10, 2007
Last LUD: 5/12/09
No RFE, no second FP.
Opened SR on: 9/4/09
Contacted congressman, and got a response yesterday saying that visa is available and case is with an IO, should hear something within 60 days.

sasidhar79
09-16-2009, 04:29 PM
Hi,

Since there has been considerable amount of movement in US Green card priority dates for EB2 category and that many applications have been approved recently, please consider my request...

Incase you are no longer interested in Canadian PR (since you have been approved for GC) ,if there is a way - please call AINP and withdraw your cases, so that other applicants including me and my family who are hoping on moving to canada as Permanent Residents will have our applications processed quickly.

This is just a request only in case you are no longer interested in Canadian PR.

thank you

regards
sasi

kewlchap
09-16-2009, 04:38 PM
Hi folks,

I am planning to go to an Infopass Appointment tomorrow. Could you please advice on what documents I should carry with me? Also, what questions to ask? I am EB-2, PD of May 04 and still waiting.

seekerofpeace
09-16-2009, 04:40 PM
Just the I-797 C / I 485 receipt....that has all the info...

Ask if ur case is preadjudicated? If not, If your case is assigned to an officer? Are the Biometrics current?

SoP

kewlchap
09-16-2009, 05:03 PM
Thanks SoP.

When you say "if biometerics are current?", should I ask them if I will need fingerprints again? So frustrating. Everyone around my office (5 folks) got their GC last week. Even today there was an approval. I am the only black horse left :)

geesee
09-16-2009, 05:10 PM
Yesterday I got below response for the SR created on 9th Sept.

USCIS is aware that according to the Department of State?s Visa Bulletin, there appear to be visas available however there has been an extremely large volume of case requiring visas. A visa may or may not be currently available for you, however if there is a visa available for your case, those cases are being assigned to officers and are being processed in date order. If you do not receive a decision or other notice of action from us within 30 days of the date of this letter you may place another inquiry after that period of time has elapsed.

caliguy
09-16-2009, 05:21 PM
Kewlchap.....I am in the same boat. I called the Customer service number today, was transferred to an IO who was very rude. She said that an inquiry on my behalf was made on 09/04 and they send a expedited response to it (I am assuming this was the inquiry made by the local senator).

I got the response in the mail yesterday, it said there is no guarantee that a visa number will be allocated and to check back in 60 days. She reiterated what was in the mail, and even counted the number of days for me, and told me to call back on November 15th. As I was about to ask her the next question, she told me that she had to move on to the next call and my time was up.

I am sure you will hear good news soon, if not in September, then in October hopefully. I am @ 13 years, and counting.....

Thanks SoP.

When you say "if biometerics are current?", should I ask them if I will need fingerprints again? So frustrating. Everyone around my office (5 folks) got their GC last week. Even today there was an approval. I am the only black horse left :)

caliguy
09-16-2009, 05:23 PM
Everybody around me, and this is atleast 10 people I know with PDs either before me or after me have got their GCs.

So keep the faith @ kewlchap

sku
09-16-2009, 05:24 PM
I opened SR on 8th they said they mailed the response on 14th....I am still to receive that...

caliguy..I am not able to reach Nebraska Guys...everytime i call it goes to National center and they just read the status

kewlchap
09-16-2009, 05:29 PM
Caliguy,

Thank you for the kind words. Yeah, lets hope something happens. On top of that, I responded recently to an RFE and now they wont let me open an SR for 60 days.

rtiwari73
09-16-2009, 05:31 PM
I took infopass, the IO said my case is preadjudicated. Wait for fingerprinting, I did my fingerprinting on 9/11/09. Now still waiting.
What does preadjudicated means?

Just the I-797 C / I 485 receipt....that has all the info...

Ask if ur case is preadjudicated? If not, If your case is assigned to an officer? Are the Biometrics current?

SoP

vikki76
09-16-2009, 05:33 PM
I received the same written response to my SR that visa number is not available - And when I called them up later , IO told me same thing that visas are not there.
I personally think that this is BS as they want to shift the blame to DOS and not hold themselves accountable.
After all, if visas are not there, nobody can ask USCIS that why file is still pending even though it falls outside the processing times.

Kewlchap.....I am in the same boat. I called the Customer service number today, was transferred to an IO who was very rude. She said that an inquiry on my behalf was made on 09/04 and they send a expedited response to it (I am assuming this was the inquiry made by the local senator).

I got the response in the mail yesterday, it said there is no guarantee that a visa number will be allocated and to check back in 60 days. She reiterated what was in the mail, and even counted the number of days for me, and told me to call back on November 15th. As I was about to ask her the next question, she told me that she had to move on to the next call and my time was up.

I am sure you will hear good news soon, if not in September, then in October hopefully. I am @ 13 years, and counting.....

vikki76
09-16-2009, 05:34 PM
I took infopass, the IO said my case is preadjudicated. Wait for fingerprinting, I did my fingerprinting on 9/11/09. Now still waiting.
What does preadjudicated means?
That everything is clear with your file..you should be getting your GC pretty soon.

Imigrait
09-16-2009, 07:25 PM
Hi Everyone,

I received emails in the following order:

Card Production Ordered - September 15th morning
Notice Welcoming new Permanent Resident -September 15th afternoon
Card Production Ordered - September 16th early morning( Although the body of the message mentions Sept 15th,2009 as the date when CPO was ordered which is the same date as the one in #1 above)

Now my question is am I missing an update called "Approval Notice"? Also receiving the CPO email twice looks a little weird to me.
Does the lawyer receive the cards or are they mailed to the applicants address?

kubmilegaGC
09-16-2009, 08:52 PM
Hi folks,

I am planning to go to an Infopass Appointment tomorrow. Could you please advice on what documents I should carry with me? Also, what questions to ask? I am EB-2, PD of May 04 and still waiting.

infopass barcode print out, I485 receipt notice, I 140 approval notice - you should be fine.

gc_atlast
09-16-2009, 10:11 PM
Folks,

After almost 5 years finally....., with the grace of the Almighty, received cards for myself and spouse. I was a regular visitor in this site since 09/01 and found the posts very informative. In fact I had opened a SR for myself on 08/25 and got the response that case was awaiting review by an officer. Looking at the higher trend of approvals with SR, we opened another one for my wife on 09/08.

Received the CPO emails on 09/10, approval notice sent emails on 09/12, approval notices by mail on 09/13 and got the cards today.

Here are some other details.

Priority date: 12/04, EB2 India.
485 RD 07/31/07 transferred from CSC to NSC (NSC notice date 10/03/07)
Received EVL RFE for myself and request for drivers license copy for myself and wife on 10/08
Had a soft LUD on 02/09. And then the CPO status on 09/09/09.

For all those who are waiting, I know exactly how it feels as every day passes by. Not sure how and why the system works, the way it does. But I sincerely wish everybody the best of luck. I hope eventually everyone will get it.

I will check the site for the next couple of days...in case there are questions.

seekerofpeace
09-16-2009, 10:15 PM
Did you guys get any FP or Biometric notices after the first one back in 2007? We have been told by IOs at TSC that Biom is valid for 15 months only but I see all approvals around here with a single FP...I guess issuing another Biom is just USCIS 's way of delaying things till the point visa is unavailable and then they can give the easy answer and they won't be bothered for a long time so one call less to attend to...........

SoP

senthilask
09-16-2009, 10:35 PM
FYI..

We received the GC based on one FP that was done back in 2007. So i am not sure whether the statement of 15 months validity holds true.

Did you guys get any FP or Biometric notices after the first one back in 2007? We have been told by IOs at TSC that Biom is valid for 15 months only but I see all approvals around here with a single FP...I guess issuing another Biom is just USCIS 's way of delaying things till the point visa is unavailable and then they can give the easy answer and they won't be bothered for a long time so one call less to attend to...........

SoP

seekerofpeace
09-16-2009, 10:42 PM
Senthilask,
I know that from many of my friends, but what am I to do? I argued a lot with the IO @ TSC today and he shot back do i know more...what happened with my colleagues an friends has nothing to do with my case.

Basically he meant you can argue as you like but it is my way or the highway and I can't fight the system especially when it entails USCIS which is worse than Patna Municipal Corporation perhaps.....

So you guys are simply lucky and we are falling through the cracks.....I am trying to fight the system but it seems like a loosing battle.....I couldn't make them realize that Biom shouldn't hold an I-485 case or else i won't have been approved.....but my wife's is pending....

It is a cesspool out there

SoP

gc_atlast
09-16-2009, 10:50 PM
Also, I took an infopass towards the end of august. The IO could not tell whether the case was preadjudicated or not. But said, she did not see anything was pending on the case. Suggested that I open a SR. I got a response within a couple of days of the SR (awaiting officer review) which of course wasn't that helpful.

I called the NSC once a few days later, using the POJ method. The IO over there said the same thing as the SR and asked me to hang in there!

One more thing, for those, whose cases were transferred....as an fyi, our case numbers started with WAC (not LIN). This was one of my concern too. That the transferred cases were gathering dust in some basement in NSC. Apparently that may not be the case.

Hope this helps.

Imigrait
09-16-2009, 11:00 PM
We got 2nd FP notices in March 2009.

seekerofpeace
09-16-2009, 11:05 PM
But both IO and Infopass told that my wife's case is with an IO in TSC....but not preadjudicated.....when asked if Biom is the issue...was told "could be" that's the level of their knowledge.....

I hear all the stories and have enough info but I am hitting a wall and have to believe there r higher forces I can't help ......

SoP

NolaIndian32
09-17-2009, 10:35 AM
Hi Everyone,

Card Production Ordered - September 16th early morning( Although the body of the message mentions Sept 15th,2009 as the date when CPO was ordered which is the same date as the one in #1 above)

Now my question is am I missing an update called "Approval Notice"? Also receiving the CPO email twice looks a little weird to me.

USCIS will rarely mail permanent residency cards to an atty's office; so you should expect this in regular US mail to the latest address on file with USCIS. It looks like a credit card offer with a demo credit card in it - you know the kind i am talking about - so read all your mail carefully until you get it :-)

-Nola

sdrblr
09-17-2009, 11:42 AM
Imigrait
GC will be sent to your home address on file. The worst part is the envelope that they use has NO "USCIS" OR "DHS" written on it unlike your welcome notice. This is just a plain white envelope just like the envelope you get for a new credit card

ruchigup
09-17-2009, 11:50 AM
Ditto same order with same dates.

Hi Everyone,

saratswain
09-17-2009, 12:09 PM
Mine was
Sept - 2nd = CPO
Sept- 9th = Approval Notice sent

I have not received any doc/card in my US address yet. I am out of country so have asked my friend and roommate to check all mails in my name.

Attorney has mentioned to travel with the card only and not use AP while entering. Waiting for the card/doc to arrive in my US address and then think what to do next.

GCNirvana007
09-17-2009, 12:17 PM
Mine was
Sept - 2nd = CPO
Sept- 9th = Approval Notice sent

I have not received any doc/card in my US address yet. I am out of country so have asked my friend and roommate to check all mails in my name.

Attorney has mentioned to travel with the card only and not use AP while entering. Waiting for the card/doc to arrive in my US address and then think what to do next.

EB3 - good for you bud.

saratswain
09-17-2009, 12:19 PM
EB3 - good for you bud.

Actually I ported it to EB2 and kept the priority date

Dipika
09-17-2009, 12:33 PM
Help me Gurus!

we had Infopass appt. IO said your case is pre-adjudicated and under Review. we ask how long will it take to review? He said - doesn't know. can we open SR? He suggested not good to open SR. Reason is they will give same reply - case is under review give us 3 to 6 months. USCIS always tell us to "Not to open SR for Under Review case". Let the petitioner to send latter to request the status directly by sending latter to,
INS Texas Service Center
PO Box 851488 - Dept A
Mesquite
TX 75185 - 1488

does any one have sent inquiry latter to this address? is it worthful to send latter there?

One thing is clear that if our app is in "Under Review", means we have to do something to trigger approval. otherwise it will be in Review forever. we had open SR last yeat september and got same reply in May this year. so SR doesn't work.

Please suggest me what step i should take.

sku
09-17-2009, 12:53 PM
-----------
This same post which I posted under the thread "Sept 2009 Approval What Worked"
----------
I Received the CPO email at this Morning 7:30 AM (MST) for both me and my wife.
-------------------

On September 17, 2009, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.
--------------------
PD: Sept 2004
Received Date : 2nd July 2007 at Texas Service Center ( My Application number was SRC###)
In December 2007, my application was transfered to Nebraska Service Center
Last was LUD 03/27/2009 [ I don't know the reason]
CPO email 17th Sept 2009

Opened SR on 8th Sept 2009 for Primary Applicant
Opened SR on 11th Sept 2009 for Spouse
Emailed Senator on 9th Sept 2009
Emailed Congressman 15th Sept 2009

vjkypally
09-17-2009, 01:16 PM
Congrats SKU!!! Even though its slow atleast there are some approvals today too.

apb
09-17-2009, 02:40 PM
Good to hear that you have crossed over to the other side.
Congratulations again.
-Anand

sku
09-17-2009, 02:53 PM
apb you will too get it soon....I think SR did the trick for most of us..

mdmd10
09-17-2009, 03:04 PM
-----------
This same post which I posted under the thread "Sept 2009 Approval What Worked"
----------
I Received the CPO email at this Morning 7:30 AM (MST) for both me and my wife.
-------------------

On September 17, 2009, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.
--------------------
PD: Sept 2004
Received Date : 2nd July 2007 at Texas Service Center ( My Application number was SRC###)
In December 2007, my application was transfered to Nebraska Service Center
Last was LUD 03/27/2009 [ I don't know the reason]
CPO email 17th Sept 2009

Opened SR on 8th Sept 2009 for Primary Applicant
Opened SR on 11th Sept 2009 for Spouse
Emailed Senator on 9th Sept 2009
Emailed Congressman 15th Sept 2009

Congratulations sku!! You got it finally!! Awsome.

gconmymind
09-17-2009, 03:21 PM
I got the CPO Email today!!!

Had opened an SR on 9/8 - no response yet.
Got two FP's - 9/10 and 9/15
Infopass on 9/11 - Officer told me that the case was assigned to an IO on 9/2.

Goodluck to everyone. Open SR and Go for Infopass. In the end, you got to have LOTS of luck too. But I have a feeling, 2004 will be cleared within couple months.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

kviswanathan
09-17-2009, 03:24 PM
This might interest some of you who recd. approvals in Sept to get a sense of when you can expect your cards so that you can be done with USCIS, for sometime atleast.

Approval Notice and CPO email recd: 9/11/09
Physical cards recd in mail : 9/17/09

Good luck to all who are waiting and congratulations to the approvals.

krishnan

Sachin_Stock
09-17-2009, 03:26 PM
Of all the people who got 'greened', how many of went thru without an interview?

Are interviews mandatory for the final card production/485-approval?

Thank you.
-Sachin

vikki76
09-17-2009, 05:05 PM
Help me Gurus!

we had Infopass appt. IO said your case is pre-adjudicated and under Review. we ask how long will it take to review? He said - doesn't know. can we open SR? He suggested not good to open SR. Reason is they will give same reply - case is under review give us 3 to 6 months. USCIS always tell us to "Not to open SR for Under Review case". Let the petitioner to send latter to request the status directly by sending latter to,
INS Texas Service Center
PO Box 851488 - Dept A
Mesquite
TX 75185 - 1488

does any one have sent inquiry latter to this address? is it worthful to send latter there?

One thing is clear that if our app is in "Under Review", means we have to do something to trigger approval. otherwise it will be in Review forever. we had open SR last yeat september and got same reply in May this year. so SR doesn't work.

Please suggest me what step i should take.

My attorney confirmed that they will be sending out a letter to Service Letter separately requesting that application be adjudicated as per recent DoS visa bulletin,visa numbers are available. Let's see what the outcome of that action is as opening SR didn't work at all.Just got useless response.
Even for AC21 cases, we send out separate letters so something tells me that works more.

sin94
09-17-2009, 05:23 PM
Folks I need a quick clarification. I got greened on September 4th and have received the physical copies of the approval notices for both me and my wife on 11th.

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS Current Status: Approval notice sent On September 4, 2009

However our status hasnt changed from above notice to a CPO email and I am getting a bit worried if they could be any delays as I am planning on shifting home soon.

Coincedentely my wife just completed her 2nd FP on the 3rd of September (did mine in July) and then the change of status occurred. I am wondering if their could be a delay in that area.

I read somewhere in the forum that the card production is ordered only after the biometrics are entered into the system. How long should I wait before calling the USCIS or taking an infopass notice to find out when I should be receiving the cards.

nni123
09-17-2009, 07:10 PM
Folks I need a quick clarification. I got greened on September 4th and have received the physical copies of the approval notices for both me and my wife on 11th.

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS Current Status: Approval notice sent On September 4, 2009

However our status hasnt changed from above notice to a CPO email and I am getting a bit worried if they could be any delays as I am planning on shifting home soon.

Coincedentely my wife just completed her 2nd FP on the 3rd of September (did mine in July) and then the change of status occurred. I am wondering if their could be a delay in that area.

I read somewhere in the forum that the card production is ordered only after the biometrics are entered into the system. How long should I wait before calling the USCIS or taking an infopass notice to find out when I should be receiving the cards.

USCIS says 60 days for FP to get into their database. You should hold on to moving to new address is possible. If online status change to "Card Production Ordered" you are good to go. I suspect you might get physical card first and your wife letter because she did on 3rd.

I might be wrong but pretty sure unless USCIS has super fast way to port new FP of approved cases. Best is to call & find out because you are approved and your reason for call is valid.

geesee
09-17-2009, 08:22 PM
I created an SR on 9th Sept and got some useless response on 15th.. Based on my conversation with IO (or CSR dont know!), it appears that my case is preadjudicated but not assigned to an officer yet. I have now decided to call Congressman(or woman) / Senator as the next step to try to get USCIS's attention to my case

Qns !
1) Is this a correct site to find out local congressman(woman) -https://forms.house.gov/wyr/welcome.shtml ?
2) Do I get to talk to the representative directly or one of his immigration expert?
3) What information should I keep handy during the call?

Somehow I feel that I am going to miss the boat one more time :( Last LUD on my case is 31st March 2009 and no progress afterwards..

greencard_fever
09-17-2009, 08:23 PM
USCIS says 60 days for FP to get into their database. You should hold on to moving to new address is possible. If online status change to "Card Production Ordered" you are good to go. I suspect you might get physical card first and your wife letter because she did on 3rd.

I might be wrong but pretty sure unless USCIS has super fast way to port new FP of approved cases. Best is to call & find out because you are approved and your reason for call is valid.

How do you know that it will take 60 days to get FP loaded into USCIS DB? any source you can provide? the reason why i am asking was me and my spouse had our second FP done in July and August..i am suspecting that might be the reason why my case is pending..:mad:

geesee
09-17-2009, 08:29 PM
How do you know that it will take 60 days to get FP loaded into USCIS DB? any source you can provide? the reason why i am asking was me and my spouse had our second FP done in July and August..i am suspecting that might be the reason why my case is pending..:mad:

Looks like our cases are very similar! I sent the app on 19th July, so must have reached there by 23rd July.. and I also have the ND as 18th Sept.

My case starts with LIN0726356*** Is yours something similar too?

Although my 485 wasnt transferred from TSC->NSC.

greencard_fever
09-17-2009, 08:36 PM
sin94,

what was the exact date you had your FP done in july? i am curious because i did my FP on 08/11/2009 and still waiting for approval..i am assuming that USCIS did not received my FP and Background check from FBI...:mad:

sin94
09-17-2009, 09:36 PM
I called the USCIS and got a service advisor (not IO), unfortunately she parroted the same advice you made that you have to wait 60 days before you could raise a service request and basically refused to answer anything else. Its a bad scenario since my wife job is having her commute for more than an hour and we have to wait for the cards before we could shift.

this circle of life with USCIS never ends.....:mad:

kubmilegaGC
09-17-2009, 10:42 PM
So far I have received (all today - 9/17/2009)

1. CPO (morning) - email
2. Welcome Notice sent (with ADIT verbiage) - email
3. ----nothing yet

I believe the 3rd one will be "Approval notice sent" is that correct?

4. Welcome Notice by snail mail - correct?
5. Physical Cards (at home address) - correct?

Did anyone had to do anything special (ADIT processing etc) before cards were received?

Seniors enjoying GREEN plastic :) please enlighten!

Thanks,

MerciesOfInjustices
09-17-2009, 10:49 PM
Thanks to God, and all of you at IV!

Recd CPO e-mail for self/ wife at 5PM, suprizingly I did not see it for 14 minutes!

Very, very emotional still! I can still not get over the unfairness of the process!

All of those waiting - what probably worked for us was - a renewal application for our expired/ expiring APs/EADs! I sent the last with the cover letter on my official letterhead just last week! Probably, that is the reason we got it - even though we have RD in Aug 08!;)

God Bless! Hang on tight - the endless cave has a light at the end!

hebbar77
09-17-2009, 10:49 PM

1. CPO (morning) - email
3. ----nothing yet

Did anyone had to do anything special (ADIT processing etc) before cards were received?

Thanks,

You will get another email in 2-3 days saying "approval notice sent"
This is the normal sequence.
There are people who did not get CPO email, but got GC cards with welcome and approval notices.

hebbar77
09-17-2009, 10:51 PM
Thanks to God, and all of you at IV!

Recd CPO e-mail for self/ wife at 5PM, suprizingly I did not see it for 14 minutes!

Very, very emotional still! I can still not get over the unfairness of the process!

All of those waiting - what probably worked for us was - a renewal application for our expired/ expiring APs/EADs! I sent the last with the cover letter on my official letterhead just last week! Probably, that is the reason we got it - even though we have RD in Aug 08!;)

God Bless! Hang on tight - the endless cave has a light at the end!
Congrats... its time to feel normal and relax.

vjkypally
09-17-2009, 11:59 PM
Congrats!!! You kept this thread alive. Never seen someone so impatient:) But I understand totally. Now Enjoy!!!So far I have received (all today - 9/17/2009)

1. CPO (morning) - email
3. ----nothing yet

Thanks,

ruchigup
09-18-2009, 12:48 AM
Many congratulations. You deserved it. Enjoy the great feeling.

For me 3. was CPO mail again next morning and nothing since then.....

1. CPO (morning) - email
3. ----nothing yet

Thanks,

GCNirvana007
09-18-2009, 01:22 AM
I created an SR on 9th Sept and got some useless response on 15th.. Based on my conversation with IO (or CSR dont know!), it appears that my case is preadjudicated but not assigned to an officer yet. I have now decided to call Congressman(or woman) / Senator as the next step to try to get USCIS's attention to my case

Qns !
1) Is this a correct site to find out local congressman(woman) -https://forms.house.gov/wyr/welcome.shtml ?
2) Do I get to talk to the representative directly or one of his immigration expert?
3) What information should I keep handy during the call?

Somehow I feel that I am going to miss the boat one more time :( Last LUD on my case is 31st March 2009 and no progress afterwards..

Geesee - Good news for you is its current next month as well. You should be cleared. This is what you do.

Go to United States House of Representatives, 111th Congress, 1st Session (http://www.house.gov).
Type your zip code to find the representative. ( the zip code which USCIS has, as your address )
Call them and they will transfer to their immigration expert. Dont worry, they are pretty good.
Explain your case. Keep the 485 receipt number and the A# handy.

Also dont worry about LUD or SLUD. I never got either one from 2007 till 2009.

adobe howm
09-18-2009, 03:38 AM
I am happy to share my good news with all of you that today - my case has been approved so is for my spouse. received CPO as well as Welcome e-mail today.

It has been a long journey for me, personally - but Thank you for your support and your well wishes.

Good Luck to those who are waiting with patience! Our best wishes!

Thank you!

kubmilegaGC
09-18-2009, 07:17 AM
Congrats!!! You kept this thread alive. Never seen someone so impatient:) But I understand totally. Now Enjoy!!!

I guess 10 years can make you somewhat (??) impatient...;) I am sure you understand :D Thanks for the wishes!

kubmilegaGC
09-18-2009, 07:21 AM
Many congratulations. You deserved it. Enjoy the great feeling.

For me 3. was CPO mail again next morning and nothing since then.....

@ ruchi - thanks....It's a nice feeling, the wait being finally over ...looks like USCIS is in-orderly after approvals too :p - God knows when they will be consistent.

rb_248
09-18-2009, 08:41 AM
Must change your name to "AbmilgayaGC"

Congrats. Enjoy the weekend.

1. CPO (morning) - email
3. ----nothing yet

Thanks,