PDA

View Full Version : September 2009 approvals

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

vjkypally
09-18-2009, 09:36 AM
I sure do understand. Cos I ve been in this country for 10 years too:)I guess 10 years can make you somewhat (??) impatient...;) I am sure you understand :D Thanks for the wishes!

Can2004
09-18-2009, 11:19 AM
Hi Everyone,
Just wanted to share that mine and my wife's case was approved yesteday, got e-mail in the evening.Still waiting for daughter's case.

PD-09/21/2004
RD-08/17/2007( Nebraska)
ND-10/09/2009

Had almost lost hope after reading on this forum that visa numbers have been exhausted again(like last year). Anyways its a big relief.

Had opended a SR on 09/02 and got a generic response to wait and that I should get a decision SHORTLY.

Best of luck to all who are still waiting. I will pray that all of you get through this quickly.

ruchigup
09-18-2009, 11:36 AM
Congratulations. Enjoy .....
Hi Everyone,
Just wanted to share that mine and my wife's case was approved yesteday, got e-mail in the evening.Still waiting for daughter's case.

PD-09/21/2004
RD-08/17/2007( Nebraska)
ND-10/09/2009

Had almost lost hope after reading on this forum that visa numbers have been exhausted again(like last year). Anyways its a big relief.

Had opended a SR on 09/02 and got a generic response to wait and that I should get a decision SHORTLY.

Best of luck to all who are still waiting. I will pray that all of you get through this quickly.

sriswam
09-18-2009, 11:39 AM
Hello Folks,

It's our turn to join the emancipated. My wife (primary applicant) and I got our CPO and welcome notice emails yesterday at 7:30 pm EDT. Its exactly been a dozen years since we landed on these shores. Storyline is much the same as the rest of you folks.

I used Infopass about a week ago. I am sure that didn't help the approval but atleast helped knowing that my case was pre-adjudicated and with an officer. Anybody with that status should be getting their GC soon. Good luck!

sku
09-18-2009, 11:40 AM
1. CPO Email [ Yesterday Morning]
2. Welcome Notice sent (ADIT verbiage in it) Email [ Yesterday Evening]
3. <Nothing further>

So far I have received (all today - 9/17/2009)

1. CPO (morning) - email
2. Welcome Notice sent (with ADIT verbiage) - email
3. ----nothing yet

I believe the 3rd one will be "Approval notice sent" is that correct?

4. Welcome Notice by snail mail - correct?
5. Physical Cards (at home address) - correct?

Did anyone had to do anything special (ADIT processing etc) before cards were received?

Seniors enjoying GREEN plastic :) please enlighten!

Thanks,

kubmilegaGC
09-18-2009, 11:44 AM
1. CPO Email [ Yesterday Morning]
2. Welcome Notice sent (ADIT verbiage in it) Email [ Yesterday Evening]
3. <Nothing further>

I got the email and the status on USCIS site again changed to Card Production Ordered this morning 9/18/2009

I know @ruchi is in the same boat - anyone else is? so here is our journey so far..
1. CPO (9/17 morning) - email
2. Welcome Notice sent (with ADIT verbiage) - email - (9/17 afternoon)
3. CPO (9/18 morning) - email

what's next?? :)

seekerofpeace
09-18-2009, 11:56 AM
Congrats to all those who got fully approved.......

Pity and hope for others like me who are still hanging there....as the end seems never ending and without any meaning or logic.....I won't be surprised if EB2-I moves to 2006 and we still keep rotting.....

Guess that's the way meant for some.....

SoP

InTheMoment
09-18-2009, 12:13 PM
So far I have received (all today - 9/17/2009)

1. CPO (morning) - email
2. Welcome Notice sent (with ADIT verbiage) - email
3. ----nothing yet

I believe the 3rd one will be "Approval notice sent" is that correct?

4. Welcome Notice by snail mail - correct?
5. Physical Cards (at home address) - correct?

Did anyone had to do anything special (ADIT processing etc) before cards were received?

Seniors enjoying GREEN plastic :) please enlighten!

Thanks,

Your sequence is correct....although you may or may not receive the "Approval Notice sent" e-mail... especially true for TSC.

Your 4. and 5. is correct as well. There is no separate "Approval Notice" sent in the snail mail. You can consider your Welcome Notice as one...it is printed on the same stationery as it is a "Notice" but of the Welcome kind !!

Your GC comes in a plain unmarked envelope with a return address of either Corbin, KY or Lincoln, NE (DHS's ICPS card production facilities).
Apart from the GC the envelope will contain ...a nice ...well... let that be a surprise ;)

jsb
09-18-2009, 12:38 PM
Congrats to all those who got fully approved.......

Pity and hope for others like me who are still hanging there....as the end seems never ending and without any meaning or logic.....I won't be surprised if EB2-I moves to 2006 and we still keep rotting.....

Guess that's the way meant for some.....

SoP

Try whatever way you can, SR/Infopass/Ombudsman, to bring attention to your file. I got mine in December, with file brought to their attention by my AP renewal application. Paper world in any govt office, with thousands of trays, folders, racks, cabinets, can result in disorderly work. Best wishes....

caliguy
09-18-2009, 01:00 PM
Havent seen any approvals this morning? Anyone out there who got the approved email today?

seekerofpeace
09-18-2009, 01:08 PM
JSB,
The only thing consistent in the responses to the inquiries I made at Infopass and CSR at TSC is that her file is assigned to an officer and that it is not preadjudicated....SR and all are good to get a case assigned to an officer...but for a case already assigned I am not sure what else will work....Though she did open an SR the day I got approved and that was 09/03 but no responses to that either.

My lawyer thru AILA inquiry found that there could be Biometrics Issue for her...but we are told thru various sources that Biom does not hold an approval....or else I won't have been approved either....My lawyer sent me a the mail about the AILA inquiry on 09/08 and when I called two days back to TSC again ...we were told that no FP has been ordered....

So what the *&^% does that mean....so I have no trust on AILA or the CSR or POJ system....I had asked why I am not getting card and I was told FP needs retaken...that was last week and they ordered FP when I called with my wife day before yesterday the lady said no such request has been made...Should I record conversations now...

I am at my wits end....I was quite witty 10 years back and what is left of me is a bore cynic.

SoP

Imigrait
09-18-2009, 01:40 PM
I got the email and the status on USCIS site again changed to Card Production Ordered this morning 9/18/2009

I know @ruchi is in the same boat - anyone else is? so here is our journey so far..

I am the same. I have added the details -->HERE (http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/911269-post721.html)

geesee
09-18-2009, 01:49 PM
Talked to CSR and IO about mine and wife's cases.. It appears that my case is "under review" and he assured me that I will get a notice within 30 days... He was nice enough to open an SR for my wife's case... overall IO was more willing to help than all other CSRs I talked to so far...

I have been reading stories about "under review" cases.. some waiting since 2003..:confused: I really hope I dont get stuck that long! Will wait till we get reply for wife's SR.. otherwise need to give a call to the congressman...

nrk
09-18-2009, 01:56 PM
Did you get the GC, or it is still pending

Havent seen any approvals this morning? Anyone out there who got the approved email today?

caliguy
09-18-2009, 02:39 PM
nrk - if that question was for me.

No, I am still pending. I wish I had got my GC, I wouldnt be frantically posting messages here to figure out what else I could do to have someone look at my file :)

Did you get the GC, or it is still pending

seekerofpeace
09-18-2009, 02:56 PM
Geesee,
how did you manage to talk to both CSR and IO. I have never gone beyond those stupid CSRs. How did u convince them to connect to an IO. Was this thru the POJ method...I use that method only.

Is ur case at TSC? Did you ask if your cases are preadjudicated or not?

Regards,
SoP

GCNirvana007
09-18-2009, 03:01 PM
Geesee,
how did you manage to talk to both CSR and IO. I have never gone beyond those stupid CSRs. How did u convince them to connect to an IO. Was this thru the POJ method...I use that method only.

Regards,
SoP

SOP - I responded to you in the other post. Did you call your congressman and tell him what i mentioned?.

GCNirvana007
09-18-2009, 03:03 PM
Talked to CSR and IO about mine and wife's cases.. It appears that my case is "under review" and he assured me that I will get a notice within 30 days... He was nice enough to open an SR for my wife's case... overall IO was more willing to help than all other CSRs I talked to so far...

I have been reading stories about "under review" cases.. some waiting since 2003..:confused: I really hope I dont get stuck that long! Will wait till we get reply for wife's SR.. otherwise need to give a call to the congressman...

If were you, i wont be waiting

apb
09-18-2009, 03:05 PM
To Can2004, kubmilegagc, adobe howm, sriswam, MerciesOfInjustices
Seeing your postings gives me hope of getting GC this time.

Irritated with the lack of transparency and pathetic Customer service.

Created SR :- std reply blah blah.. under review..wait for 60 days.
Twice talked to IO :- First time response.. we are working on your case..
second response :- As per our info on my screen, it is not yet assigned to IO and neither pre-adjudicated. One person says one thing and another says another thing. I do not know what screen they are looking and how they are pulling info. What is the point of puting CSR if they have half baked info or worse no info on where the case is.
Have infopass appt late next week. Guess another garbage collecton day..:-)

kewlchap
09-18-2009, 03:08 PM
Folks,

I am in the same boat as some of you. Infopass appointment said that the case has been assigned to an IO. Any advice on what to do to get the IO to look at it? Have opened an SR on 09/16. Should I contact congressman etc.? Any other advice deeply appreciated.

sin94
09-18-2009, 03:21 PM
My wife also called the USCIS service today center asking about her card, he initially gave the response that your Biometrics has expired and need to get new ones. When she mentioned that she completed it just on the 3rd September he then said wait for 30 days for an update.

I going to call them next week and ask what happened to my cards since I gave mine FP in July 5th

sin94,

what was the exact date you had your FP done in july? i am curious because i did my FP on 08/11/2009 and still waiting for approval..i am assuming that USCIS did not received my FP and Background check from FBI...:mad:

leoindiano
09-18-2009, 03:22 PM
Try whatever way you can, SR/Infopass/Ombudsman, to bring attention to your file. I got mine in December, with file brought to their attention by my AP renewal application. Paper world in any govt office, with thousands of trays, folders, racks, cabinets, can result in disorderly work. Best wishes....

Hi jsb,

I am having no luck with whatever i tried so far. Did they return your fee for AP when they approved your GC?

my AP will expire in Nov 2009. I was waiting since the PD became current. May be i should go ahead and apply?

caliguy
09-18-2009, 03:25 PM
@ kewlchap

Contacting the congressman will not hurt . Do whatever it takes, try all possible avenues. Nobody knows what will trigger an approval. Just pray and hope that somebody looks at your file.

So my 2 cents..... do whatever you can. Atleast, that ways you will be at peace thinking that you tried your best.

sanjay
09-18-2009, 03:28 PM
Geesee,

Regards,
SoP

I had rarely seen CSR connecting to level 2 or to an IO. But, reaching IO is not that hard. It's just a simple trick.

After punching your LIN or SRC xxx-xx-xxxx when you call 1800 number you have to select your options carefully.

Here they are:

press 1 - to confirm that the number you entered is correct.

press 3 - I don't remember what is this for but sure that 3 is right option.

press 4 - Now this is most important part. If you press 3 then it goes to CSR or call center you will get a common reply as you see your status onine. Option 4 is for that you had multiple filing and want to change or see information about any one or other case.

Option 4 will go to the NSC or TSC IO and you would get the right infor about your file.

Those guys sitting in NSC or TSC does not know what options you had selected. Just start talking about your case and they are really helpful.

Best of luck and have fun.

geesee
09-18-2009, 03:39 PM
Geesee,

Regards,
SoP

My case is at NSC.. yes I called using the same POJ method.. I told the CSR that my case is outside of processing times and I would like to talk to the IO to get more information about the case... CSR said IO is going to tell you the same status as I did, but I politely insisted and he transferred the call...
And yes, the IO said that my case has been preadjudicated.. but its "under review".. I asked IO if I could provide any information to get the review done and get the file moving... but he said at this time, they dont need anything from me and asked me to wait for 30 days...

nrk
09-18-2009, 03:50 PM
Yours is kind of old application you should have got it by now. Any way did you tried opening SR or infopass method. if not please try that.

All the best, hope you will get it in this month.

nrk - if that question was for me.

No, I am still pending. I wish I had got my GC, I wouldnt be frantically posting messages here to figure out what else I could do to have someone look at my file :)

geesee
09-18-2009, 03:57 PM
Hi jsb,

I am having no luck with whatever i tried so far. Did they return your fee for AP when they approved your GC?

my AP will expire in Nov 2009. I was waiting since the PD became current. May be i should go ahead and apply?

Do the AP extension... may be that will trigger the approval... :confused:

I am seriously thinking of EAD extension... I got first EAD when I filed 485 2 years back... initially filed EAD and AP as everyone else was doing it! :o Realized later that I dont need both... its been 2 years and never did another EAD or AP again... but if it comes to that I might as well spend few more $$ and get the damn no-use-for-me EAD... need to close this GC chapter asap and need to move on to other important things in life...

Never been this anxious before during the whole GC process but since both the dates are now current, dont want to miss the boat this time...

sku
09-18-2009, 04:05 PM
So kubmilegaGC, My chain /sequence of emails are same as you.

1. CPO (Yesterday 9/17 morning) - email
2. Welcome Notice sent (with ADIT verbiage) - email - (Yesterday 9/17 evening)
3. CPO (Today 9/18 afternoon) - email

rajabeta
09-18-2009, 04:33 PM
guys finally got the cpo for me and my wife, waited for 10 long painful years....

fatyre
09-18-2009, 04:36 PM
Hello all,
I am a new member to this forum. Even though I just signed up today, I have been reading the posts for a week now and they have been very helpful. I got the CPO and welcome emails for my wife and me yesterday evening. Its been a long wait and I'd like to share the information below for the benefit of others who are waiting for their turn.

PD: Nov 04
RD: July 24, 07
ND: Aug 20, 07
LUD: May 09 (RFE)

- SR filed (for me): 9/10/09

- Talked to IO (POJ method): 9/11/09 (Said that our cases were assigned to same IO)

- SR response rcvd: 9/15/09 (Your case is currently under review. You should receive a decision or notice of other action within 60 days of the date of this letter.)

- Took Infopass appt for 9/22

- SR filed (for my wife): 9/17/09 4.15pm

- Received CPO email: 9/17/09 4:30pm

I just made a $100 donation to help IV continue with their great efforts for immigration reform. Good luck to IV and to all the members!

thanks,
Fatyre

greencard_fever
09-18-2009, 05:05 PM
My case is at NSC.. yes I called using the same POJ method.. I told the CSR that my case is outside of processing times and I would like to talk to the IO to get more information about the case... CSR said IO is going to tell you the same status as I did, but I politely insisted and he transferred the call...
And yes, the IO said that my case has been preadjudicated.. but its "under review".. I asked IO if I could provide any information to get the review done and get the file moving... but he said at this time, they dont need anything from me and asked me to wait for 30 days...

geesee..ditto here i called today and got the same response "under review" for my spouse case we even got the RFE last month and we sent the required paper documents after that case process was resumed SLUD's for 4 days in a row till 09/08 then thats it..no movement at all..i am doing what ever people are saying here on IV to do..(congressmen,senator,SR all) nothing worked at...Oh God mere number kab Ayegaaaaaaaaaa:mad:

leoindiano
09-18-2009, 05:38 PM
guys finally got the cpo for me and my wife, waited for 10 long painful years....

congrats rajabeta,

Was your FP current? When was the last time you gave finger prints? 12/31 what year...

I think texas is stuck on FP, while Nebraska is approving and then asking to give FP.

caliguy
09-18-2009, 05:49 PM
Sanjay - thanks for the tip. I was able to reach an IO by following the steps you mentioned. However, the IO was very rude. I asked him what was the problem with my case and he said if I needed to know the status of my case, I should have pressed a 3, instead of 4. He asked me to talk to a CSR. I told him that I had been forwarded to a IO by a CSR, he said whatever it was, I still needed to talk to a CSR.

I will give it another shot next week, hopefully I will reach a IO who would be willing to give out some more details.

I had rarely seen CSR connecting to level 2 or to an IO. But, reaching IO is not that hard. It's just a simple trick.

After punching your LIN or SRC xxx-xx-xxxx when you call 1800 number you have to select your options carefully.

Here they are:

press 1 - to confirm that the number you entered is correct.

press 3 - I don't remember what is this for but sure that 3 is right option.

press 4 - Now this is most important part. If you press 3 then it goes to CSR or call center you will get a common reply as you see your status onine. Option 4 is for that you had multiple filing and want to change or see information about any one or other case.

Option 4 will go to the NSC or TSC IO and you would get the right infor about your file.

Those guys sitting in NSC or TSC does not know what options you had selected. Just start talking about your case and they are really helpful.

Best of luck and have fun.

ruchigup
09-18-2009, 06:24 PM
When you talked to CSR, did they give you a SR number. Make sure CSR open SR for you.

Also take Infopass. I think that helps too.

geesee
09-18-2009, 06:58 PM
When you talked to CSR, did they give you a SR number. Make sure CSR open SR for you.

Also take Infopass. I think that helps too.

I have SR no. for my case.. today I opened an SR for wife's application, but the IO didnt give me the reference no. and I also forgot to ask... he only took wife's phone no, case no, address and DOB... he said the SR for wife's case went through and she should expect a call within 7 days.. I find it hard to believe that someone from USCIS will call :confused:
I have an infopass scheduled for 25th... another week passed without GC
oh well... at least I have this opportunity to be anxious.. truly hope that EB3 moves ahead soon...

rpat1968
09-18-2009, 07:08 PM
You will get response to the SR. I opened 3 SR's
1st SR - 9/3 got response on 9/4
2nd SR - 9/4 gor response on 9/9
3rd SR created by IO at Infopass - response on 9/18 (today)
For my Wife SR opened on 9/4 - received response by postal mail 9/18 (today)

Most of the SR responses are vague and does not help you.
SR helped me little bit . I was able to find out that my EB category or E Classification says EB3 instead of EB2 and that is what has delayed my case. Also did 3 Infopass appointments

MY PD - 8 july 2004,
RD July 2, 2007 - NSC
ND Aug 9, 2007
NC Cleared : 26 Oct 2007
Biometrics renewed by USCIS : Feb 2009
Pre Adj : 13th April 2009
Last Soft LUD : 14th April for all Primary and Dependent cases after response to RFE

I already have a pending Senator inquiry and today my attorney wrote to USCIS about the problem with EB category.

I have SR no. for my case.. today I opened an SR for wife's application, but the IO didnt give me the reference no. and I also forgot to ask... he only took wife's phone no, case no, address and DOB... he said the SR for wife's case went through and she should expect a call within 7 days.. I find it hard to believe that someone from USCIS will call :confused:
I have an infopass scheduled for 25th... another week passed without GC
oh well... at least I have this opportunity to be anxious.. truly hope that EB3 moves ahead soon...

Bpositive
09-18-2009, 08:14 PM
I received a mailed response to my 'service request'. It says "Your case is currently under review. You should receive a decision or notice of other action within 60 days of the date of this letter."

Is that a standard response? Or it is positive news? Any comments?

geesee
09-18-2009, 09:31 PM
SR helped me little bit . I was able to find out that my EB category or E Classification says EB3 instead of EB2 and that is what has delayed my case.

Thats scary :eek:

My company filed my case under EB2 based on 3 yrs degree + 7 years of experience... I wonder if USCIS is now strict to honor EB2 GC only for Masters...

I dont know what I am gonna do if I find myself put under EB3.. :confused:

so far haven't made a call to senator or congressman... might have to do it next week.... I feel like its going to be a loong journey than I thought..

kubmilegaGC
09-18-2009, 10:49 PM
@apb @kewlchap and many others who are wondering what to get out of SR responses - here is something from a guy who was IN THE SAME BOAT just a day ago ...

#1 if your SR response is short and sweet like "Your case is under review - you can expect a response in 60days" - I can say that with lot of confidence that you will be approved within next few days - MY SR had same response (on 9/14) - I got CPO on 9/17

# if your SR is AGAIN short and sweet like " Your case has been assigned to an officer ..." same you will get approval within next few days - My Wife's SR had the same response (filed on 9/8) got cpo on 9/17

#if your info pass yielded "Your case with an officer..." you are really sitting in good place - expect an approval soon. My SR yielded the same response (9/15) and approval on 9/17

Hope this helps.

CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL WHO GOT GREENED IN LAST FEW DAYS.

and MY BEST WISHES TO ALL MY FRIENDS WHO ARE STILL EAGERLY WAITING...You are going to get it...keep at it! write on the forums and be on a look out..ask questions! I will be more than happy to help.

Thanks,

apb
09-19-2009, 12:15 AM
To the SR i created on Sep/4th I had the response same as your #1 response. But instead of 60 days I got 90 days wait. Pasted below is the text. Good to hear that this would be approved soon.
Type of service requested:
-- Outside Normal Processing Times
The status of this service request is:
Your case is currently under review with an officer. You should receive a decision or notice of other action within 90 days of the date of this letter.
If you have any further questions, please call the National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283.

sdrblr
09-19-2009, 12:30 AM
I had opened a SR for me on 8/25 and on 9/1 opened one for my wife. We both got approved on 9/2 received the physical card last week.

Today we got three mails from USCIS
1) "Welcome to United States" booklet (I was impressed with this book) and
2 envelopes which had the response to our SR dated early this week.. It said our case is under process and will take 60 days. I could not control my laughter. Wow these guys are organized :). Honestly are they even checking the status before printing and mailing it.

kewlchap
09-19-2009, 01:29 AM
@ kabmilegaGC: Thanks dude for the hopes. Lets see what happens.

Imigrait
09-19-2009, 11:39 AM
Hi Everyone,

I am updating my mail receiving status here(New addition in Bold):

I received emails in the following order:

Card Production Ordered - September 15th morning
Notice Welcoming new Permanent Resident -September 15th afternoon
Card Production Ordered - September 16th early morning( Although the body of the message mentions Sept 15th,2009 as the date when CPO was ordered which is the same date as the one in #1 above)
Welcome Notice(By Snail Mail) - Received at home on September 18th.

Btw, the Welcome Notice that we receive is a courtesy copy. Should we request the lawyer for the Original ? Let's say if we plan to leave the company that originally sponsored your GC? FYI, I have been working with the same company for 8+ years now!!

kubmilegaGC
09-19-2009, 11:48 AM
@kewl - anytime...just a matter of few more days..hang in there.

kubmilegaGC
09-19-2009, 11:53 AM
Hi Everyone,

Card Production Ordered - September 16th early morning( Although the body of the message mentions Sept 15th,2009 as the date when CPO was ordered which is the same date as the one in #1 above)

Btw, the Welcome Notice that we receive is a courtesy copy. Should we request the lawyer for the Original ? Let's say if we plan to leave the company that originally sponsored your GC? FYI, I have been working with the same company for 8+ years now!!

I have exact same order till #3 waiting for steps 4 and 5 (physical cards)....I guess it wouldnt hurt to ask lawyer for the originals.

On changing employers after receiving PR - I read a "general" rule of thumb of at least 6 months..but I am not sure about it..I guess that period was mentioned as a guideline when @murthy law was talking about unemployment benefits...and she said if someone is (unfortunately) is in that state (unempl0yed within 6 months after receiving their GC) then there could be some questions raised about the original intent..but I would consult a lawyer!!

miguy
09-19-2009, 12:00 PM
once the green card gets approved, do we have to do anything to change status e.g. go outside the country and get a stamp of permanent residence?.......will the IO at the port of entry take the I-94?..Thanks

Imigrait
09-19-2009, 12:51 PM
I have exact same order till #3 waiting for steps 4 and 5 (physical cards)....I guess it wouldnt hurt to ask lawyer for the originals.

On changing employers after receiving PR - I read a "general" rule of thumb of at least 6 months..but I am not sure about it..I guess that period was mentioned as a guideline when @murthy law was talking about unemployment benefits...and she said if someone is (unfortunately) is in that state (unempl0yed within 6 months after receiving their GC) then there could be some questions raised about the original intent..but I would consult a lawyer!!

Well on the one hand we have EB1s who can change jobs after 1 year of filing for GC(6 month for GC and 6 month after GC) while EB2-I/C and EB3-I/C have to stick to the same company forever to "prove intent". Even ROW countries EB2s can get their GCs in 2-3 years and change their jobs.

Kinda makes me remember the song - "Isn't it Ironic"??? - Alanis Morissette

MerciesOfInjustices
09-20-2009, 06:52 AM
Do the AP extension... may be that will trigger the approval... :confused:

I am seriously thinking of EAD extension... I got first EAD when I filed 485 2 years back... initially filed EAD and AP as everyone else was doing it! :o Realized later that I dont need both... its been 2 years and never did another EAD or AP again... but if it comes to that I might as well spend few more $$ and get the damn no-use-for-me EAD... need to close this GC chapter asap and need to move on to other important things in life...

Never been this anxious before during the whole GC process but since both the dates are now current, dont want to miss the boat this time...

I think that is what worked for me! I wrote a paragraph in my cover letter literally beseeching them to approve my I-485 while applying for the EAD! My I-485 was actually filed under the new Fee structure - so actually it was fee exempt and they thought it more appropriate to save costs to themselves! I think this is the best way to have your case taken up!

Regardless, I am absolutely certain that you and everybody else with EB2I PD current in Sep/ Oct will get your GC before the end of Oct!

Having said that I understand your feelings - the wait since Sep 1st 2009 was the worst - it was unbearable, even though I have been in the USA since 1996! But, hang on tight - you will soon posting the good news here!:)

extra_mint
09-20-2009, 01:37 PM
Congratulations

You should receive the cards not the lawyer. Approval notice/receipt might go to lawyer.

Hi Everyone,

Now my question is am I missing an update called "Approval Notice"? Also receiving the CPO email twice looks a little weird to me.
Does the lawyer receive the cards or are they mailed to the applicants address?

Imigrait
09-20-2009, 05:18 PM
Congratulations

You should receive the cards not the lawyer. Approval notice/receipt might go to lawyer.

Thanks,

I received the "Welcome Notice" on Sept 18th.

ndialani
09-20-2009, 05:47 PM
My lawyer opened my SR on 9/8. I didn't see any LUD on my case. Last friday, i recieved a Letter from CRIS dated 9/11 ....stating:
""Based on your request we researched the status of this case. We are actively processing this case. However, we have to perform additional review on this case and this has caused a longer processing time. If you do now receive a decision or other notice of action from us within 6 months of this letter, please call customer service at the number provided below.
Has anyone recieved this kinda mail?
My case is EB2/TSC
Am , i SCREWED!!!

gveerab
09-20-2009, 08:21 PM
I think they have few set of replies, they are selecting randomly one reply and sending. Myself got similar response, but in Infopass Io told me that my case status is completed. I don't know what he mean by completed.
One guy got the reply to SR and approval notice same day. It tells how sincerely they are sending these replies.

:)

My lawyer opened my SR on 9/8. I didn't see any LUD on my case. Last friday, i recieved a Letter from CRIS dated 9/11 ....stating:
""Based on your request we researched the status of this case. We are actively processing this case. However, we have to perform additional review on this case and this has caused a longer processing time. If you do now receive a decision or other notice of action from us within 6 months of this letter, please call customer service at the number provided below.
My case is EB2/TSC
Am , i SCREWED!!!

buvane
09-20-2009, 11:03 PM
I think they have few set of replies, they are selecting randomly one reply and sending. Myself got similar response, but in Infopass Io told me that my case status is completed. I don't know what he mean by completed.
One guy got the reply to SR and approval notice same day. It tells how sincerely they are sending these replies.

:)

I don't agree with you. With Extended review my guess is we can't expect rightnow. I also got the same answer.

PD May 7,2004

gveerab
09-21-2009, 01:12 AM
USCIS should request additional information by sending RFE or update our file with soft LUD. Nothing happened, I am assuming this is another way of telling we don't know where is your file or we are not processing your file.
I am not sure why IO st Infopass told me that my case is completed. If I don't here anything from USICS by end of this month, I will take another Infopass appointment and also will request my Congress rep to inquire about my case.

Any other ideas? please suggest.

I don't agree with you. With Extended review my guess is we can't expect rightnow. I also got the same answer.

PD May 7,2004

seekerofpeace
09-21-2009, 09:33 AM
I had opened an SR mid of Aug....and I got the same 6 month wait reply end of August additional review etc...got the approval notice 1st week of sept....

But in the notice there is mention of additional wait..90 days or so...so I am hanging and my wife's case is still pending...no replies to her SR.

SoP

ruchigup
09-21-2009, 11:44 AM
Ditto same order including dates and step-4

Hi Everyone,

Imigrait
09-21-2009, 12:27 PM
Ditto same order including dates and step-4

Please post u're updates as you receive them . I am assuming the next two steps are "Approval Notice" and "Receipt of Physical cards".

Imigrait
09-21-2009, 01:26 PM
Posting Update(New addition in Bold):

Card Production Ordered - September 15th morning - Email
Notice Welcoming new Permanent Resident -September 15th afternoon - Email
Card Production Ordered - September 16th early morning( Although the body of the message mentions Sept 15th,2009 as the date when CPO was ordered which is the same date as the one in #1 above) - Email
Update: Received "Approval Notice" email - September 21st.

sku
09-21-2009, 02:35 PM
1. Card Production Ordered - September 17th morning Email [ Both Self and Spouse]
2. Notice Welcoming new Permanent Resident -September 17th Evening Email [ Both Self and Spouse]
3. Card Production Ordered - September 18th Afternoon (The body of the message mentions Sept 17th,2009 as the date when CPO was ordered which is the same) - Email [ Both Self and Spouse]
4. Welcome Notice (Paper Copy) - Received at home on September 19th. Snail Mail [ Only Spouse].

caliguy
09-21-2009, 02:51 PM
Have they exhaused the visa numbers for the year?

apb
09-21-2009, 03:27 PM
Waiting to see approvals.. that keeps our hope alive. Should be approvals daily on each working day till oct end the least.

sku
09-21-2009, 03:38 PM
1. Card Production Ordered - September 17th morning Email [ Both Self and Spouse]
2. Notice Welcoming new Permanent Resident -September 17th Evening Email [ Both Self and Spouse]
3. Card Production Ordered - September 18th Afternoon (The body of the message mentions Sept 17th,2009 as the date when CPO was ordered which is the same) - Email [ Both Self and Spouse]
4. Welcome Notice (Paper Copy) - Received at home on September 19th. Snail Mail [ Only Spouse].
5. Welcome Notice (Paper Copy) - Received at home on September 21st. Snail Mail [ Self].

ruchigup
09-21-2009, 04:02 PM
Strangely I didn't receive email. After seeing your post I check the online status it is updated as of 9/21 and says "On September 19, 2009, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS."

Thanks for posting the update.

Card Production Ordered - September 16th early morning( Although the body of the message mentions Sept 15th,2009 as the date when CPO was ordered which is the same date as the one in #1 above) - Email
Update: Received "Approval Notice" email - September 21st.

neelu
09-21-2009, 04:31 PM
Congratulations Sku and others who got greened!

Just wondering if there were any LUDs (or other signs) in August or in September showing activity on your case.

My PD would be current in October, but when I opened an SR in August they told me that my application was being prepared for review and then during a subsequent Infopass interview the IO confirmed that it was "under review". But I dont see any LUDs (hard or soft).

Should I open another SR request to find out if it is still under review (could pay to know what they are still reviewing after 5 years :-)?

My PD is Jan 12 2005 - NSC. Receipt Date is July 30 2007. Notice Date is Oct 05 2007.

Thanks in advance.

5. Welcome Notice (Paper Copy) - Received at home on September 21st. Snail Mail [ Self].

greencard_fever
09-21-2009, 04:49 PM
:mad: Hi Gyus..

I Have lost all my hopes for getting GREENED any time sooner..:confused::mad:..i did tried all means to got my file going opned SR conatacted Congressmen and today i called Senator office and the representative asked to me send him the copies of my 485 receipts and 140 receipt..can i send it to them? any one shared this kind of information with senator's office?:mad: i dont know what else i can do..frustated frustated..

caliguy
09-21-2009, 05:56 PM
Hang in there.....if not in September, hopefully you will hear good news in October.

I Have lost all my hopes for getting GREENED any time sooner..:confused::mad:..i did tried all means to got my file going opned SR conatacted Congressmen and today i called Senator office and the representative asked to me send him the copies of my 485 receipts and 140 receipt..can i send it to them? any one shared this kind of information with senator's office?:mad: i dont know what else i can do..frustated frustated..

sku
09-21-2009, 06:15 PM
No...I did not get any LUD just got approval...But many others have different experience.
But your profile says your PD is Feb 2006....And Feb 2006 is not current in October...Am i missing something.

Just wondering if there were any LUDs (or other signs) in August or in September showing activity on your case.

My PD would be current in October, but when I opened an SR in August they told me that my application was being prepared for review and then during a subsequent Infopass interview the IO confirmed that it was "under review". But I dont see any LUDs (hard or soft).

Should I open another SR request to find out if it is still under review (could pay to know what they are still reviewing after 5 years :-)?

My PD is Jan 12 2005 - NSC. Receipt Date is July 30 2007. Notice Date is Oct 05 2007.

Thanks in advance.

rnednur
09-21-2009, 06:20 PM
Got the cards in mail today. Was approved on Sept15th.

kubmilegaGC
09-21-2009, 08:46 PM
Got the cards in mail today. Was approved on Sept15th.

now that is quick - enjoy the plastic ! on a side note I have seen only 1 approval today? thats it!!

kubmilegaGC
09-21-2009, 08:51 PM

SEND IT! there is nothing so personal that THEY already wouldn't know about you! :p

btw, the senator personally wrote to me today but she was late :) she asked for another form to fill out which I alreday did and sent out week ago...so god knows how quickly they act..but when all is at STAKE - it never hurts!

kubmilegaGC
09-21-2009, 08:56 PM

Thanks in advance.

@neelu

I never had any LUDs on my case before I got the magic CPO email - FYI. I dont know about others byt my last LUD was in 2008 (september) after that when I got approved. Hope this helps!

ruchigup
09-22-2009, 02:22 AM
I received the step 4 email also later during the day. And at home Green Card(White in color) was waiting in the mailbox

1. Card Production Ordered - September 15th morning - Email
2. Notice Welcoming new Permanent Resident -September 15th afternoon - Email
3. Card Production Ordered - September 16th early morning( Although the body of the message mentions Sept 15th,2009 as the date when CPO was ordered which is the same date as the one in #1 above) - Email
4. Welcome Notice(By Snail Mail) - Received at home on September 18th.
5. Update: Received "Approval Notice" email - September 21st.
6. Received physical cards in mail - September 21st

I think only thing now pending is the Approval Notice :-)

Good luck to all who are current and still waiting.

Strangely I didn't receive email. After seeing your post I check the online status it is updated as of 9/21 and says "On September 19, 2009, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS."

Thanks for posting the update.

shreekhand
09-22-2009, 02:33 AM
There is no Approval Notice as such for GC so you won't receive it! Your Welcome Notice can serve as an "Approval Notice"!

I received the step 4 email also later during the day. And at home Green Card(White in color) was waiting in the mailbox

3. Card Production Ordered - September 16th early morning( Although the body of the message mentions Sept 15th,2009 as the date when CPO was ordered which is the same date as the one in #1 above) - Email

vikki76
09-22-2009, 02:56 AM
I just called NSC today morning and was told by IO that status at their end shows that "Card Ordered" but 485 is Pending. Needless to say, i haven't received any cards or approval email/ snail mail. She was saying that since 485 is still pending so she can't say that whether it is approved or still pending but cards are in ordered state.
She asked me to call again on 3rd October (30 days after first SR) to inquire about this discrepancy. I had a change of address in March and USCIS database seems to have been updated for the address.Apart from that, no activity on the case.
Any ideas how can I progress from here? Should I call NSC again?

apb
09-22-2009, 04:17 AM
On September 21, 2009, we transferred this case I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS to our NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER location for processing and sent you a notice explaining this action. Please follow any instructions provided on the notice. We will notify you by mail when a decision is made. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

This was the hard LUD that we saw today on both our applications. Can anybody with similar exp or having insight on what this means please advice. thanks

saratswain
09-22-2009, 05:39 AM
I-485 : I ported it from EB3-> EB2
CPO mail Sept-02
Approval Notice Sept -09

Have not received the approval letter in snail mail nor the card yet. Since I am out of country I asked a friend to collect my mails - but he confirms that it has not arrived yet. I am not worried but curious about it.

I am thinking to give it this week after which will contact the customer service. What do you think ?

My lawyer has advised me not to travel using AP and wait for the card and ship it abroad so that I can use it to enter.

Many thanks

kubmilegaGC
09-22-2009, 09:42 AM

..I'm behind you guys by 2 days...(started on 9/17) and on step 4 right now...Hopefully tomorrow will be it!

greencard_fever
09-22-2009, 10:45 AM
I got the same Email today for me and my wifes case..after lying at NSC for more then 2 yrs now ther transfered to NBC..god knows how long there..and then from there dont know where they gonna ship to next time..may be to CSC:mad::mad::mad:

On September 21, 2009, we transferred this case I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS to our NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER location for processing and sent you a notice explaining this action. Please follow any instructions provided on the notice. We will notify you by mail when a decision is made. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

This was the hard LUD that we saw today on both our applications. Can anybody with similar exp or having insight on what this means please advice. thanks

sku
09-22-2009, 10:54 AM
..I'm behind you guys by 2 days...(started on 9/17) and on step 4 right now...Hopefully tomorrow will be it!

Mine is same as kubmilegaGC

seekerofpeace
09-22-2009, 10:58 AM
Greencard fever,
Did you take an infopass or talk to IO to clarify why the transfer...it is ridiculous....I guess it is USCIS novel way of delaying a case (thru I-485 receipt date) even if the labor PD is current...

there is no accountability and it is crazy the way they play with people's hopes and aspirations..

SoP

natrajs
09-22-2009, 11:18 AM
Recd the Welcome notice Snail mail on 09/21/09

CPO E mail on 9/15/09 - 7 PM EDT

Good Luck to all

Imigrait
09-22-2009, 04:14 PM

Received "Approval Notice" email - September 21st.
Update:Received Physical Cards in Mail - September 21st.

What is the "Approval Notice". Do we receive a copy of it?
For e.g. I received a courtesy copy of the "Welcome Notice" while the original went to the lawyer. Does something similar happen with the "Approval Notice"?

Dipika
09-22-2009, 05:20 PM

if you put cursor on it, it shows in tooltip this msg:

Document production or Oath Ceremony:
This step applies to applications that result in an applicant receiving a card (such as a green card) or other document (such as a naturalization certificate, refugee travel documents or advance parole). Applications will be in this step from the time the order to produce the card/document is given until the card/document is produced and mailed to the applicant. You can expect to receive your card/document within 30 days of the approval of your application.</p><p>Naturalization Applicants: you will receive your certificate at your oath ceremony. You can expect to be scheduled for an oath ceremony within 45 days of receiving your decision. Many offices schedule approved applicants for the oath ceremony on the same day as the day of the interview. Please check the local office profile page on our Web site to determine if this applies to your local office.If you do not receive your document, please contact our National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283.

Dipika
09-22-2009, 05:23 PM

if you put cursor on it, it shows in tooltip this msg:

Document production or Oath Ceremony:
This step applies to applications that result in an applicant receiving a card (such as a green card) or other document (such as a naturalization certificate, refugee travel documents or advance parole). Applications will be in this step from the time the order to produce the card/document is given until the card/document is produced and mailed to the applicant. You can expect to receive your card/document within 30 days of the approval of your application.
Naturalization Applicants: you will receive your certificate at your oath ceremony. You can expect to be scheduled for an oath ceremony within 45 days of receiving your decision. Many offices schedule approved applicants for the oath ceremony on the same day as the day of the interview. Please check the local office profile page on our Web site to determine if this applies to your local office.If you do not receive your document, please contact our National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283.

apb
09-22-2009, 05:34 PM
Thanks for posting this. Sent an pvt email/message.
Please respond.

apb
09-22-2009, 05:38 PM
With same message. Normally I saw that the word jurisdiction included in many ppls' status message, but mine is missing. Anybody with similar exp, please advice

ruchigup
09-22-2009, 05:44 PM
Hi Imigrait,

shreekhand mentioned that there is nothing like Approval Notice. Looks like step-6 is the end of GC journey

There is no Approval Notice as such for GC so you won't receive it! Your Welcome Notice can serve as an "Approval Notice"!

Received "Approval Notice" email - September 21st.

What is the "Approval Notice". Do we receive a copy of it?
For e.g. I received a courtesy copy of the "Welcome Notice" while the original went to the lawyer. Does something similar happen with the "Approval Notice"?

neelu
09-22-2009, 05:49 PM
No...I did not get any LUD just got approval...But many others have different experience.
But your profile says your PD is Feb 2006....And Feb 2006 is not current in October...Am i missing something.

Thank you, Sku and KubMilegaGC for your responses.

I explained this in another post. My RIR PD is Jan 2005 which was lying in BEC for a long time, so I filed a Perm in Feb 2006. Even though my attorney sent USCIS a letter requesting to merge my two cases, we dont know if they actually did that. That is why the profile shows the Feb 2006 date on which the I-485 is based.

But somewhere deep down I keep hoping that they merged my two cases and that is why I am wondering if there is anything that I can do now that my RIR PD date is current.

Did anyone go through the "Under Review" stage before getting GC? Is this a good thing or a bad thing? I guess I will know in 10 days :rolleyes:

caliguy
09-22-2009, 05:55 PM
Any approvals today?

NolaIndian32
09-22-2009, 06:14 PM
Thank you, Sku and KubMilegaGC for your responses.

I explained this in another post. My RIR PD is Jan 2005 which was lying in BEC for a long time, so I filed a Perm in Feb 2006. Even though my attorney sent USCIS a letter requesting to merge my two cases, we dont know if they actually did that. That is why the profile shows the Feb 2006 date on which the I-485 is based.

But somewhere deep down I keep hoping that they merged my two cases and that is why I am wondering if there is anything that I can do now that my RIR PD date is current.

Did anyone go through the "Under Review" stage before getting GC? Is this a good thing or a bad thing? I guess I will know in 10 days :rolleyes:

If your first labor cert was not approved, then you cannot use that PD when you file a new labor cert even if both labor certs are for the same position with the same company. I filed a labor cert in August 2002, and b/c it languished in BEC, I filed an RIR labor cert in April 2004 - i could not capture my Nov 2002 PD and hence i got stuck in the backlog and only recently got an approval on my I-485....

-Nola

gconmymind
09-22-2009, 06:25 PM

One of my friends got the same status update last year. They were called for an interview and are pre-adjudicated/pre-approved and just waiting for PD to get current.

Good luck!

Imigrait
09-22-2009, 06:38 PM
Hi Imigrait,

shreekhand mentioned that there is nothing like Approval Notice. Looks like step-6 is the end of GC journey

Hi Ruchi,

Thanks for the info.

So has this process finally ended for us?? I need to pinch myself :p...... Ok I'm not dreaming!

PeacenGreen
09-22-2009, 07:41 PM
Hello Folks,

My employer is based out of New Jersey, But I am currently working at a client location in Arizona. I have opened an SR recently & I also want to inquire through congressman.

My question is in which state should I have to contact the congressman - NJ or AZ ? Or it doesn't matter. Please help.

EB-2, TSC, Priority Date 12/2004
I-140 approved
I-485 filed July '07
RD: 08/13/2007
ND: 10/13/2007

brownbear
09-22-2009, 07:58 PM
I created this account just to notify other users that I got my Welcome Notice dated 09/16/2009 in the mail. My case is with Nebraska processing center. With same employer since my filing.

Traditional Labor PD - Mar 24th 2004 (was Approved on July 28th 2007)
Perm Labor PD - Feb 23rd 2007 (was Approved on Mar 7th 2007)

I140 (Traditional) receipt date - 08/24/2007
I140 (Perm) receipt date - 04/18/2007
Both I40's were approved on 11/28/2007.

The I485 was mailed on July 17th 2007 based on I140 Perm. After traditional I140 approval on 11/28/2007, the 485 was linked to I140 traditional to capture my Mar 2004 PD.

Oct 2007 - Fingerprinted, EAD/AP received.

When dates became current in September 2008, I received RFE (Employment letter) on Sept 3rd 2008. RFE Processing resumed on Sept 12th 2008. I was hoping my case would get approved in Sept 2008, but NO; Dates were backlogged and I had to wait for PD to become current again.

Through AILA, I got to know that my case was pre-adjudicated sometime in October 2008. AILA said, I do not need to re-fingerprint since my case is pre-adjudicated. I just had to wait for my Mar 2004 to become current.

Sept 1st 2009 - My attorney followed up with AILA and the USCIS service center.
Sept 4th 2009 - AILA said - my case was in transit.

Sept 16th 2009 - Card production Ordered
Sept 21st 2009 - Welcome To US Notice mail received dated Sept 16th 2009.

That ends my GC story. My wait was around 5 and half years.

Good luck to you all.

caliguy
09-22-2009, 08:24 PM
Finally, got a chance to speak to a IO.

She told me that my case was under review since April 2009. This is exactly what I was told when I went for my Infopass appointment. I asked the IO today when could I expect a response or an approval? She looked at my case history and said "We responded to your inquiry made in 1st week of September, and have asked you to wait for 60 days so you can expect a response by November 15th".

I wanted to tell her, why should I wait until November 15th since PDs after my date had been cleared but decided not to. I asked her if my case was pre-adjudicated and she said it was under review....

Anyone knows what "under review" mean? Has anyone been in the "under review" stage for so long?

kewlchap
09-22-2009, 09:10 PM
@ caliguy: Find out if your case has been assigned to an IO or is it still waiting? "Under review" can mean it has been assigned or it is waiting in cold storage somewhere.

caliguy
09-22-2009, 09:21 PM
Thanks @ kewlchap.

I asked the IO if my case was with an IO, and she said she cannot give me that information. She kept insisting on the fact that the case was under review.

Is the only way of finding out if my case is with an IO is by speaking to an IO? I know CSRs do not have that information, actually they are pretty useless and a waste of time.

@ caliguy: Find out if your case has been assigned to an IO or is it still waiting? "Under review" can mean it has been assigned or it is waiting in cold storage somewhere.

kpchal2
09-22-2009, 10:25 PM
i know this is not the response you want to hear but it is the sad state that we are in. just keep trying until you reach a good customer service agent. with the way things were handled last year I became extremely paranoid and i kept calling them every 2 hrs until i talked to some one nice that day. on an extremely bad day i used to get the same guy all day but i also got some really good customer service reps and IOs. The two guys I was really happy talking with are Corey and Terry. These 2 IOs were extremely patient and very helpful. They even took the time to tell me about my wife's case. So there are some good guys out there it is just a matter of keeping on trying until you spoke to one of them. here are some questions i asked - may be you can feel confidant asking them (other members please feel free to chip in your thoughts)

1. Is my case pre-adjudicated
2. Is my file assigned to an IO.
3. Is my file in transit. If so how many days does it take to reach an IO (the answer was typically 3-4 days and this was late August)
4. Where in the list of files with the IO is my file (no response to this but no harm asking)
5. Do you think the IO will get a chance to see my file (At this point Terry told me a small interesting scenario about her service when she was an IO and took the time to see who the IO was and told me that the IO looking at my file is a nice person and that she knows that person personally)
6. Is my wife's case with the same IO
7. Is my wife's case pre adjudicated
8. Why do the IOs have to take so many bundles at a time and why cant they take one file at a time. (Seems like the processing involved at which point I made some comments about how one person can get lucky and one person can get unlucky eternally and she laughed for this and acknowledged the point)

Other than this, I was at the back of my company Hr and Lawyers to get a notice to AILA (which is totally worthless -but we must try nevertheless)

I went to my local congressman office everyday as it happened to be in the next block where I lived. This I did on the day the bulletin was released in August.

Opened SRs on that very day the bulletin was released.

Went to the local immigration office to find some other information but the officer at local office was the utmost incompetent person and highly useless. So decided to try my luck on the phone.

Contacted my senator but this did not go very far.

Hope this helps. If so give me some green's friends. I am sure I can use that :-)

seekerofpeace
09-22-2009, 10:39 PM
KPChal2,
I have been told a few times for my wife that her case is not-preadjudicated but is with an officer. When I see the new USCIS status check she is at "initial review" after that there is RFE then Interview then decision and so on...I am approved and our cases should have been processed together like all other cases...dunno why hers is pending ...

The good CSR agenet that we talked to on monday said that she is going to request by email to update our biom and that should help in ordering CPO....and that once I am done she can get approved...but I don't understand that logic...if I can be approved without a Biom uploaded why can't my wife be approved...Is there something else?????

How will I know.....? The stats show that most cases at TSC are pre-ad and hers with the same RD as me and PD as me is not pre-adjudicated...why why why????

SoP

kubmilegaGC
09-22-2009, 10:58 PM
Hi Ruchi,

Thanks for the info.

So has this process finally ended for us?? I need to pinch myself :p...... Ok I'm not dreaming!

Got the email and the status changed to "approval notice sent" this evening.

@kp - good info. Thanks for sharing. @kewl @cali and @SoP -feel your pain guys...dont try to put any logic behind this soooo absurd process because there isnt any - its a game of just trial and error...wishing THE BEST FOR YOU!

kubmilegaGC
09-22-2009, 11:02 PM
Hello Folks,

My employer is based out of New Jersey, But I am currently working at a client location in Arizona. I have opened an SR recently & I also want to inquire through congressman.

My question is in which state should I have to contact the congressman - NJ or AZ ? Or it doesn't matter. Please help.

I-140 approved
I-485 filed July '07

but I would reach out to the senator where you LIVE...local senator that is!

neelu
09-23-2009, 01:40 AM
Both labors were approved for me. And after the I-140 was approved for the RIR app, we requested USCIS to merge that A number with my I-485 A number (from the Perm app).

BECs came in existence in 2005 if I remember right. Your 2002 app must have been stuck because you were in a state where the state processing was slow. But that is past for you. Congratulations on your getting GC. Try to enjoy it for sometime before you get into the citizenship craziness :)

If your first labor cert was not approved, then you cannot use that PD when you file a new labor cert even if both labor certs are for the same position with the same company. I filed a labor cert in August 2002, and b/c it languished in BEC, I filed an RIR labor cert in April 2004 - i could not capture my Nov 2002 PD and hence i got stuck in the backlog and only recently got an approval on my I-485....

-Nola

kewlchap
09-23-2009, 01:55 AM
@ cali:

I got the news from Infopass that my case was with IO. CSRs are useless because I dont think that they have access to the system. Even infopass guy could not tell me more. Company lawyer says wait. BTW, an interesting statistic that he mentioned was that the ratio of cases approved / pending is 60/40 right now.

caliguy
09-23-2009, 02:23 AM
@ kewlchap

Looks like its just you and me left from May/June 2004. Wow, thats interesting....I somehow thought that the ratio or approved/pending would be around 80/20 or 90/10. If it truly is 60/40, then I think we might have a good chance of getting approved in September or October.

Btw, my lawyer told me the same thing. He opened a SR on September 1st, and was told to wait 30 days. Everytime I call him, he tells me that he cannot do anything before October 1st.

@ cali:

I got the news from Infopass that my case was with IO. CSRs are useless because I dont think that they have access to the system. Even infopass guy could not tell me more. Company lawyer says wait. BTW, an interesting statistic that he mentioned was that the ratio of cases approved / pending is 60/40 right now.

caliguy
09-23-2009, 02:26 AM
for the detailed response.

Thanks also to kubmilegaGC, good to see you are still around to support us.

I will try calling them again, and hopefully will get hold of a IO who is willing to help. I am also planning to take another Infopass appointment 1st or 2nd week of October.

Hopefully we will see some more approvals in the last week of September. Let's hope they do not waste any visa numbers for 2009.

snddlth
09-23-2009, 02:43 AM
I created this account just to notify other users that I got my Welcome Notice dated 09/16/2009 in the mail. My case is with Nebraska processing center. With same employer since my filing.

Traditional Labor PD - Mar 24th 2004 (was Approved on July 28th 2007)
Perm Labor PD - Feb 23rd 2007 (was Approved on Mar 7th 2007)

I140 (Traditional) receipt date - 08/24/2007
I140 (Perm) receipt date - 04/18/2007
Both I40's were approved on 11/28/2007.

The I485 was mailed on July 17th 2007 based on I140 Perm. After traditional I140 approval on 11/28/2007, the 485 was linked to I140 traditional to capture my Mar 2004 PD.

Oct 2007 - Fingerprinted, EAD/AP received.

When dates became current in September 2008, I received RFE (Employment letter) on Sept 3rd 2008. RFE Processing resumed on Sept 12th 2008. I was hoping my case would get approved in Sept 2008, but NO; Dates were backlogged and I had to wait for PD to become current again.

Through AILA, I got to know that my case was pre-adjudicated sometime in October 2008. AILA said, I do not need to re-fingerprint since my case is pre-adjudicated. I just had to wait for my Mar 2004 to become current.

Sept 1st 2009 - My attorney followed up with AILA and the USCIS service center.
Sept 4th 2009 - AILA said - my case was in transit.

Sept 16th 2009 - Card production Ordered
Sept 21st 2009 - Welcome To US Notice mail received dated Sept 16th 2009.

That ends my GC story. My wait was around 5 and half years.

Good luck to you all.

Hi brownbear, How did you come to know that the 485 was linked to I140 traditional to capture your Mar 2004 PD? Did USCIS send you any update on that? How did you request USCIS on the same?

Thanks in advance.

GCNirvana007
09-23-2009, 03:51 AM
Hello Folks,

I-140 approved
I-485 filed July '07

It doesnt matter. The zip code in file with USCIS is the address you need to contact your congressman.

seekerofpeace
09-23-2009, 10:55 AM
kewlchap and Caliguy,
You are forgetting me ...I am at your side too.....half done....wife's pending and no idea what's holding her and no sign of my card after approval seems the glitch never ends...so we have a May-June and July PD ..three is a crowd it seems...I hope we all get done soon....
and get back with our lives or whatever left of it after the 10 year old battle....
SoP

gbof
09-23-2009, 11:36 AM
Friends, my online status now say: 'Request for initial Evidence' . Neither my attorney nor I have received it yet. Can you guys tell me who gets the RFE attorney OR me ? and how time time we get to respond to. Does the time-clock start from the date of rfe?Do attorneys charge/bill for responding to rfe?

I shall appreciate any inputs on this.

xlr8r
09-23-2009, 11:49 AM
If you filed a G-28 form with your I-485 application, then the correspondence will come to your attorney else it will arrive at your address of record.

If the RFE notice is paper, you have 33 calendar days from the time the RFE was generated. If the RFE notice is electronic, you have 30 calendar days.

Typically, attorneys do not charge for responding to RFEs. However, you will want to check the contract you signed when you hired the attorney.

Friends, my online status now say: 'Request for initial Evidence' . Neither my attorney nor I have received it yet. Can you guys tell me who gets the RFE attorney OR me ? and how time time we get to respond to. Does the time-clock start from the date of rfe?Do attorneys charge/bill for responding to rfe?

I shall appreciate any inputs on this.

gbof
09-23-2009, 12:21 PM
If you filed a G-28 form with your I-485 application, then the correspondence will come to your attorney else it will arrive at your address of record.

If the RFE notice is paper, you have 33 calendar days from the time the RFE was generated. If the RFE notice is electronic, you have 30 calendar days.

Typically, attorneys do not charge for responding to RFEs. However, you will want to check the contract you signed when you hired the attorney.

Thanks xlr28,
I just spoke to IO she did not tell what rfe is about but said BOTH your attorney and you will get it by mail. I did file G28.

Should I expect copy of rfe directly to me as well? I am asking this because my attorney is not really communicative and may take his sweet time to contact me.

seekerofpeace
09-23-2009, 12:57 PM
Yes you will get a copy of the RFE and either you or your attorney on record can respond. I had received an RFE last year and I had sufficient time to respond. i received it at my address and my attorney recieved one copy too. Don't worry.

Best,

SoP

xlr8r
09-23-2009, 01:06 PM
I never received a copy of the RFE directly. My attorney had to forward it to me.

Thanks xlr28,
I just spoke to IO she did not tell what rfe is about but said BOTH your attorney and you will get it by mail. I did file G28.

Should I expect copy of rfe directly to me as well? I am asking this because my attorney is not really communicative and may take his sweet time to contact me.

ruchigup
09-23-2009, 01:07 PM
When I talked with IO upon receiving the RFE, I was told that RFE will go only to attorney if G-28 has been filed. But as a curtsy, she sent a duplicate of the RFE to me, that said COPY on the RFE letter when I received. If I had not called and talked to the IO, RFE would have gone only to attorney of record.

But there is so much confusion, different IO's tell different things and different things happen too. There is no consistency in USCIS working.

So make sure you are in touch with your attorney and may be call IO again and ask them to send you a duplicate.

I had G-28 filed but since I left my employer who filed my green card, that attorney of record was not my appointed attorney. Upon seeing the RFE online, I contacted them and hired them (signed a retainer). They charged me little over $3000 to respond to this RFE. In my case they sent AC21 document and RFE response together, since I changed employer. My RFE was for employment verification.

Hope this helps

Thanks xlr28,

rupchikgulti
09-23-2009, 02:52 PM
I used to work for Company A. My labor and 140 were approved from this Company A. I - 485 is also applied from Company A on July 2 and now I had moved to Company B three months back and instead of moving on EAD I transfered my H1 to Company B. At present Comapny B holds my H1 and I even got transfer approval notice last month. I also applied AC21 stating that I am with Company B to USCIS.

Now, my question is do I need to apply I - 140 again with Comany B or it's not necessary. Will my 485 case gets effected in any sense, since it's filed by company A and right now I am with Company B.

I need to know the answers ASAP as my dates are current and I want to know my options.

gbof
09-23-2009, 02:53 PM
When I talked with IO upon receiving the RFE, I was told that RFE will go only to attorney if G-28 has been filed. But as a curtsy, she sent a duplicate of the RFE to me, that said COPY on the RFE letter when I received. If I had not called and talked to the IO, RFE would have gone only to attorney of record.

But there is so much confusion, different IO's tell different things and different things happen too. There is no consistency in USCIS working.

So make sure you are in touch with your attorney and may be call IO again and ask them to send you a duplicate.

I had G-28 filed but since I left my employer who filed my green card, that attorney of record was not my appointed attorney. Upon seeing the RFE online, I contacted them and hired them (signed a retainer). They charged me little over $3000 to respond to this RFE. In my case they sent AC21 document and RFE response together, since I changed employer. My RFE was for employment verification.

Hope this helps

Ruchigup,
Thanks, I very much appreciate your helpful response. I will call uscis again for duplicate/ copy of RFE to avoid any delay from our side. But $3000 for responding to rfe looks too much a ask from attormney. My case may be like yours as I left my GC employer after 9 months of I-485 filing and never filed AC21 (my attorney said we will respond to rfe, if any).

MYGC2008
09-23-2009, 03:00 PM
I think you are OK. No need to file new I-140. I hope you have left compamy A after 6 Months of filing I-485

I used to work for Company A. My labor and 140 were approved from this Company A. I - 485 is also applied from Company A on July 2 and now I had moved to Company B three months back and instead of moving on EAD I transfered my H1 to Company B. At present Comapny B holds my H1 and I even got transfer approval notice last month. I also applied AC21 stating that I am with Company B to USCIS.

Now, my question is do I need to apply I - 140 again with Comany B or it's not necessary. Will my 485 case gets effected in any sense, since it's filed by company A and right now I am with Company B.

I need to know the answers ASAP as my dates are current and I want to know my options.

rupchikgulti
09-23-2009, 03:04 PM

I think you are OK. No need to file new I-140. I hope you have left compamy A after 6 Months of filing I-485

Yes. After 19 months from filing 485. But, I had not moved on EAD but transfered my H1B to Comapny B. And since, I - 140 is from Comapny A, Do I need to apply again or the same old I-140 woud work for me.

Thanks for the reply.

MYGC2008
09-23-2009, 03:15 PM
As I said you are OK. Not to Worry. To the Max you can get RFE if I-140 is withdrawn by Company A and RFE should be for Employment Verification by NEW employer B provided everththing is GOOD

Again I am not a lawyer, please check with other members and if you need more consult good lawyer

Yes. After 19 months from filing 485. But, I had not moved on EAD but transfered my H1B to Comapny B. And since, I - 140 is from Comapny A, Do I need to apply again or the same old I-140 woud work for me.

Thanks for the reply.

sanjay
09-23-2009, 03:21 PM
As I said you are OK. Not to Worry. To the Max you can get RFE if I-140 is withdrawn by Company A and RFE should be for Employment Verification by NEW employer B provided everththing is GOOD

Again I am not a lawyer, please check with other members and if you need more consult good lawyer

Thanks Dude. I am also looking answer for a similar question.

sin94
09-23-2009, 03:32 PM
not to scare you as my experience has being unique among members. If a week has passed do not commit the same mistake I had to endure. I had an RFE on my I-140 and Lawyers and me never repeat never received it. I chased uscis for 2/3 months (AILA/Infopass phone calls) with no luck but god grace or something happened in Jan 09 my 140 RFE got changed to an approval notice(I still do not know the contents of the RFE).

I was lucky but be aware their is no clear process from the folks at USCIS. I just hope the newly designed website is going to be accurate as they indicated would be.

I never received a copy of the RFE directly. My attorney had to forward it to me.

Dipika
09-23-2009, 03:37 PM
Yes. My case is in under Review since last year. i did open SR last year and this year. both replys have "Under Review". i and my husband had soft LUD on 6/12/2009.

Finally, got a chance to speak to a IO.

She told me that my case was under review since April 2009. This is exactly what I was told when I went for my Infopass appointment. I asked the IO today when could I expect a response or an approval? She looked at my case history and said "We responded to your inquiry made in 1st week of September, and have asked you to wait for 60 days so you can expect a response by November 15th".

I wanted to tell her, why should I wait until November 15th since PDs after my date had been cleared but decided not to. I asked her if my case was pre-adjudicated and she said it was under review....

Anyone knows what "under review" mean? Has anyone been in the "under review" stage for so long?

apb
09-23-2009, 03:41 PM
I talked to IO twice and they told that the case was no pre-adjudicated and under review.
Opened SR and email reply that I got said case is reviewed and wait for 90 days (not 60 usually seen).
Now on Sep/21 the case was transferred to NBC. Soft lud the next day.

gbof
09-23-2009, 03:55 PM
not to scare you as my experience has being unique among members. If a week has passed do not commit the same mistake I had to endure. I had an RFE on my I-140 and Lawyers and me never repeat never received it. I chased uscis for 2/3 months (AILA/Infopass phone calls) with no luck but god grace or something happened in Jan 09 my 140 RFE got changed to an approval notice(I still do not know the contents of the RFE).

I was lucky but be aware their is no clear process from the folks at USCIS. I just hope the newly designed website is going to be accurate as they indicated would be.

My friend,
I wish the same happening for one and all. congrats on your approval- enjoy the freedom of green

gbof
09-23-2009, 04:03 PM
since they are a kind of done with processing of most cases, Scary thing is after approvals they might come out with a bout of RFEs to keep themselves busy..

ruchigup
09-23-2009, 04:09 PM
They are Baker & Mckenzie....charged me hourly...and it was humongous bill. Last month they checked the online status of my case and bill was $17.

I retained them and not some new attorney, because of time constraint and they had the complete history of my case since they were the ones who filed it.

Ruchigup,
Thanks, I very much appreciate your helpful response. I will call uscis again for duplicate/ copy of RFE to avoid any delay from our side. But $3000 for responding to rfe looks too much a ask from attormney. My case may be like yours as I left my GC employer after 9 months of I-485 filing and never filed AC21 (my attorney said we will respond to rfe, if any).

caliguy
09-23-2009, 04:10 PM
Have we seen anyone get approved today?

k_usa
09-23-2009, 04:24 PM
What does your 140 approval notice says?
Does it says 203 (b) (2) Or 203(b)(3) ?

You will get response to the SR. I opened 3 SR's
1st SR - 9/3 got response on 9/4
2nd SR - 9/4 gor response on 9/9
3rd SR created by IO at Infopass - response on 9/18 (today)
For my Wife SR opened on 9/4 - received response by postal mail 9/18 (today)

Most of the SR responses are vague and does not help you.
SR helped me little bit . I was able to find out that my EB category or E Classification says EB3 instead of EB2 and that is what has delayed my case. Also did 3 Infopass appointments

MY PD - 8 july 2004,
RD July 2, 2007 - NSC
ND Aug 9, 2007
NC Cleared : 26 Oct 2007
Biometrics renewed by USCIS : Feb 2009
Pre Adj : 13th April 2009
Last Soft LUD : 14th April for all Primary and Dependent cases after response to RFE

I already have a pending Senator inquiry and today my attorney wrote to USCIS about the problem with EB category.

rpat1968
09-23-2009, 05:05 PM
It clearly says Adv Degree & Exceptional Ability 203 (b) (2). When we applied I had BE + 9 years experience (India, Sweden , US).

Last Friday my Attorney wrote to USCIS explaining the mistake and sent the copies of I-140 approval , I-485 and SR responses that I received from USCIS. Now I am waiting to see what will happen next. May take a infopass (4th one in the last 2 weeks) to see if there are any updates on my case.

What does your 140 approval notice says?
Does it says 203 (b) (2) Or 203(b)(3) ?

ddkadas
09-23-2009, 05:21 PM
Can someone please tell me the method to reach IO directly..I have been trying for last week and so and getting only CS. Opened SR..last week..PD July 2004..RD 07/02/2007..STATUS- INTIAL REVIEW..no updates on website..Any help will be much appreciated. I have a collegue with Dec 2004 PD and he got GC LAST WEEK..

fatjoe
09-23-2009, 07:33 PM
I had a repsonse for my SR(raised on 8/15/2009).."Your case is being actively processed...wait for 60 days...". Its almost a month since I raised the SR, but nothing good happened yet, not even a soft LUD. :mad:

BTW: Is there an one with SRC/LIN # starting with 08... got approved recently? The reason I am asking this is the I485s that were got into the system after Sep 30, 07, would have #s like SRC-08(For Fiscal year 2008) or LIN-08, and I am worried that uscis might hold back those filings with 08.
So, is there anyone with SRC-08, got approved recently?

@apb @kewlchap and many others who are wondering what to get out of SR responses - here is something from a guy who was IN THE SAME BOAT just a day ago ...

#1 if your SR response is short and sweet like "Your case is under review - you can expect a response in 60days" - I can say that with lot of confidence that you will be approved within next few days - MY SR had same response (on 9/14) - I got CPO on 9/17

# if your SR is AGAIN short and sweet like " Your case has been assigned to an officer ..." same you will get approval within next few days - My Wife's SR had the same response (filed on 9/8) got cpo on 9/17

#if your info pass yielded "Your case with an officer..." you are really sitting in good place - expect an approval soon. My SR yielded the same response (9/15) and approval on 9/17

Hope this helps.

CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL WHO GOT GREENED IN LAST FEW DAYS.

and MY BEST WISHES TO ALL MY FRIENDS WHO ARE STILL EAGERLY WAITING...You are going to get it...keep at it! write on the forums and be on a look out..ask questions! I will be more than happy to help.

Thanks,

caliguy
09-23-2009, 08:07 PM
@ fatjoe

I dont think it has anything to do with 08. There is no method to madness when it comes to USCIS. My PD is June 2004, Receipt date 07/02/07, Notice date 08/21/07 and they still have not looked at my file.

There have been 3 different responses from USCIS so far for 3 inquiries that have been made on my behalf. One of them happens to be the same as yours - wait for 60 days. I got another response "your case qualifies for expedited processing, should be processed within 60 days. If you do not hear back from us within 60 days, please call us back." Ever since I got that response from USCIS, no CSR or IO is willing to give me any additional information. Every time I call them, they tell me 'Sir, be patient, you got to wait for 60 days".

Hang in there .... let's hope October brings us better luck!!

I had a repsonse for my SR(raised on 8/15/2009).."Your case is being actively processed...wait for 60 days...". Its almost a month since I raised the SR, but nothing good happened yet, not even a soft LUD. :mad:

BTW: Is there an one with SRC/LIN # starting with 08... got approved recently? The reason I am asking this is the I485s that were got into the system after Sep 30, 07, would have #s like SRC-08(For Fiscal year 2008) or LIN-08, and I am worried that uscis might hold back those filings with 08.
So, is there anyone with SRC-08, got approved recently?

InTheMoment
09-23-2009, 09:02 PM
Oh my god ! That is a lot for a EVL RFE ...

Luckily my employer footed my bill for everything including medical exam. I sent in my own AC21 and letter and it help avert a possible RFE. I know this because it was in the file when the Adjudication was made. Interestingly I also know my Adjudicator name... A Mary Nxxxxxxxx. Thanks to FOIA !

They are Baker & Mckenzie....charged me hourly...and it was humongous bill. Last month they checked the online status of my case and bill was $17.

I retained them and not some new attorney, because of time constraint and they had the complete history of my case since they were the ones who filed it.

natrajs
09-23-2009, 10:23 PM
Today we have recd the Physical cards ( Snail mail) CPO E mail on 9/15/09

Thank Q

inderman
09-23-2009, 10:38 PM
I opened an SR with NSC to see if my case is preadjudicated or not as my 485 becomes current on 1'st Oct 09 and here is the email response i received...

The processing of your case has been delayed. A check of our records establishes that your case is not yet ready for decision, as the required investigation into your background remains open.

Until the background investigation is completed, we cannot move forward on your case. These background checks are required to be completed on all applicants who apply for the immigration benefit you are seeking. We will make every effort to make a decision on this case as soon as the background checks are complete. If you do not receive a decision or other notice of action from us within 6 months of this letter, please contact us by calling our customer service number provided below.

I have no idea what i am supposed to do now to take care of this...
Any one else on the same boat ?

paisa
09-23-2009, 11:05 PM
Hi I got my approval on Sept 9th. But my wife has't. Getting a bit worried. We got our approval notice for both of us. I am hoping its just a normal delay. Is anyone else having a similar issue?

ndialani
09-24-2009, 03:59 AM
I opened an SR with NSC to see if my case is preadjudicated or not as my 485 becomes current on 1'st Oct 09 and here is the email response i received...

The processing of your case has been delayed. A check of our records establishes that your case is not yet ready for decision, as the required investigation into your background remains open.

Until the background investigation is completed, we cannot move forward on your case. These background checks are required to be completed on all applicants who apply for the immigration benefit you are seeking. We will make every effort to make a decision on this case as soon as the background checks are complete. If you do not receive a decision or other notice of action from us within 6 months of this letter, please contact us by calling our customer service number provided below.

My case is EB2/TSC
Am , i SCREWED!!!

seekerofpeace
09-24-2009, 09:33 AM
ndialani,
I opened an SR for my wife on 9/4....I was approved on 9/3....was not getting anything in mail for her...called the Nat Srv Ctr...they told they mailed a letter to her on the 16th so it took them 12 days to respond and the content was the same as yours...actively...need more review...6 months...I told her that I had received the same letter and after 2 days I got approved...She said may be same thing will happen to her too....What crap...they know nothing...as I said before SRs are useless...people in this forum got approved and it so happened that they had opened SRs before and are relating their approvals to opening SRs..

If opening SRs was key to success all pending cases 'd have got approved for 2004....unfortunately it is not so..

SoP

sku
09-24-2009, 12:41 PM
6. Approval Notice Sent - September 23rd morning (The body of the message mentions Sept 22nd,2009 as the date of Approval Notice Sent) Email [ Both Self and Spouse]

gbof
09-24-2009, 01:43 PM

hello ruchigup.
Can you tell if your employer paid the attorney bill or it came through your own pocket. This can give me an idea if I should ask my current employer (btw: my previous employer/university did pay my legal fees directly to attorney).

Yeah, I spoke to IO this morning and he said a copy of rfe has been sent to me too. I am waiting to see what uscis is asking for...thanks for your help

ruchigup
09-24-2009, 05:49 PM
Till my green card file and first EAD and first AP everything was paid for by my employer. They were Fortune 100 company. In 2008 they went into bankruptcy and I was laid off. At that point I lost representation of the law firm. When I joined new employer, they did not cover cost related to green card, (they paid for H1B transfer). So when I received RFE, I chose to hire the old law firm at my expense. It was out of my pocket. They took advance retainer check of $2500, and then they send me monthly statement and later I had to write them another check for ~500. I am still sending them check of 50 or 100. They received the original Approval notice which they fedex to me. That will be another bill in line

Your new employer may have own policy, you must check with them. If they don't cover the cost, you must get set and hurry up about deciding on the attorney.

hello ruchigup.
Can you tell if your employer paid the attorney bill or it came through your own pocket. This can give me an idea if I should ask my current employer (btw: my previous employer/university did pay my legal fees directly to attorney).

Yeah, I spoke to IO this morning and he said a copy of rfe has been sent to me too. I am waiting to see what uscis is asking for...thanks for your help

seekerofpeace
09-24-2009, 06:33 PM
Here is what I received:

DOS on Employment-Based Visa Availability Before October 1, 2009

The State Department has advised AILA liaison that due to the large number of approvals issued in the past few weeks, employment-based visa numbers are no longer available for this fiscal year that concludes on September 30, 2009. This affects all categories of employment based immigrant visas. Numbers will become available again on October 1, 2009, as stated in the October 2009 Department of State Visa (DOS) Bulletin. (AILA Doc. No. 09091061) USCIS will continue to accept I-485 applications in categories showing visa availability based on the September Visa Bulletin, USCIS will not able to approve pending I-485 applications unless a visa number was previously captured. Where a USCIS officer adjudicated or pre-adjudicated a case and it was in the DOS "pending" queue and DOS has sent the electronic notification allocating a number to the Service Center, USCIS should issue the approval. For those consular processing because visa numbers for scheduled cases have already been allocated as part of the scheduling process, scheduled immigrant visa appointments at consulates for September will continue and immigrant visas may be issued.

SoP

caliguy
09-24-2009, 06:37 PM
Our wait will start again on October 1st. I am glad they cleared it up, so I atleast I dont sit here and check my case status every 5 minutes.

Let's hope October will bring better luck.

Here is what I received:

DOS on Employment-Based Visa Availability Before October 1, 2009

The State Department has advised AILA liaison that due to the large number of approvals issued in the past few weeks, employment-based visa numbers are no longer available for this fiscal year that concludes on September 30, 2009. This affects all categories of employment based immigrant visas. Numbers will become available again on October 1, 2009, as stated in the October 2009 Department of State Visa (DOS) Bulletin. (AILA Doc. No. 09091061) USCIS will continue to accept I-485 applications in categories showing visa availability based on the September Visa Bulletin, USCIS will not able to approve pending I-485 applications unless a visa number was previously captured. Where a USCIS officer adjudicated or pre-adjudicated a case and it was in the DOS "pending" queue and DOS has sent the electronic notification allocating a number to the Service Center, USCIS should issue the approval. For those consular processing because visa numbers for scheduled cases have already been allocated as part of the scheduling process, scheduled immigrant visa appointments at consulates for September will continue and immigrant visas may be issued.

SoP

seekerofpeace
09-24-2009, 06:51 PM
But Caliguy, do you know if you r pre-adjudicated or not? That doesn't have to wait for visa number...all we know for my wife is that her case is with an IO but is not pre-adjudicated.....so Oct 1st will not do any miracle either...and the response to her SR has been that standard...processing your case but need additional review..wait for 6 months...

SoP

fatjoe
09-24-2009, 07:17 PM
Do you know how long is the application with the IO?
Does any one know how long will it take for a decision to be made on an application once it has been assigned to an IO? Has anyone experienced it?:confused:
To my knowledge, DAO(or Junior-IO) is the one who pre-adjudicates and passes it on to an IO(supervisor). Would it take months if an application is pre-adjudicated and also assigned to an IO?
Please share your comments.

But Caliguy, do you know if you r pre-adjudicated or not? That doesn't have to wait for visa number...all we know for my wife is that her case is with an IO but is not pre-adjudicated.....so Oct 1st will not do any miracle either...and the response to her SR has been that standard...processing your case but need additional review..wait for 6 months...

SoP

Imigrait
09-24-2009, 07:20 PM
Till my green card file and first EAD and first AP everything was paid for by my employer. They were Fortune 100 company. In 2008 they went into bankruptcy and I was laid off. At that point I lost representation of the law firm. When I joined new employer, they did not cover cost related to green card, (they paid for H1B transfer). So when I received RFE, I chose to hire the old law firm at my expense. It was out of my pocket. They took advance retainer check of $2500, and then they send me monthly statement and later I had to write them another check for ~500. I am still sending them check of 50 or 100. They received the original Approval notice which they fedex to me. That will be another bill in line

Your new employer may have own policy, you must check with them. If they don't cover the cost, you must get set and hurry up about deciding on the attorney.

Ruchi,

Do you think it's necessary to get the original Approval Notice from the attorney?

caliguy
09-24-2009, 07:24 PM
@ SOP

My file has been under review since April. I asked them last time if it was pre-adjudicated and the IO said yes. When I asked the IO if my file was with a IO, she said its under review since April.

Why would a file be under review for such a long time? Have they misplaced my file? Is the IO who has my file on vacation since April? Only god knows!!

I have changed my attorney, so the new attorney will be making calls to the service center next week. Let's see what they hear back from USCIS.

Raj12
09-24-2009, 08:33 PM
We (myself & spouse) received the magic text messages and emails today afternoon "Card production ordered".

PD: Sep'04
TSC-VSC-TSC-NSC
No RFE, Employer changed after 180days
SR opened 9/8/09

kubmilegaGC
09-24-2009, 08:49 PM
We (myself & spouse) received the magic text messages and emails today afternoon "Card production ordered".

TSC-VSC-TSC-NSC
SR opened 9/8/09

@ Raj congrats....enjoy the freedom - you are the last few lucky ones...this month!

I got the same message from the lawyer this evening that @SoP already posted...It is unfortunate that there will be no more approvals this month BUT what I see in it is - at least they are under "pressure" to use up all the numbers as quickly as possible..That should be a good practice and should help everyone in the long run..

@cali, @fatjoe @apb @SoP and everyone who deserves to GET GREEN but still waiting - October is the month for you. I am sure you all will see some good news in the first few days itself...crossing my fingers for you folks...

Thanks,

seekerofpeace
09-24-2009, 09:03 PM
Kubmilegagc,
Tumhare moonh mein ghi shakkar....I guess to be approved the basic thing needed is the case to be pre-adjudicated...and that does not await visa numbers. Since my wife's case is not even pre-adjudicated, but with an IO, I have little hope for her approval....though I am in touch with the congressman's office...which ofcourse is of little help...

By the time her case gets preadjudicated there may be no visas left and one thing for sure Nov will see EB2 either U or retrogressed back to EB-3 time....
SoP

gbof
09-24-2009, 09:17 PM

I really appreciate your response (and gave you green). You know what; most universities extend all necessary support but rarely pay legal fees. In my case, I hired my attorney but they paid all fees as an exception (?). So, I have the same attorney working for me --but am not sure if my current university will pay now. Anyway, thank you so much.

gbof
09-24-2009, 09:22 PM
Kubmilegagc,
Tumhare moonh mein ghi shakkar....I guess to be approved the basic thing needed is the case to be pre-adjudicated...and that does not await visa numbers. Since my wife's case is not even pre-adjudicated, but with an IO, I have little hope for her approval....though I am in touch with the congressman's office...which ofcourse is of little help...

By the time her case gets preadjudicated there may be no visas left and one thing for sure Nov will see EB2 either U or retrogressed back to EB-3 time....
SoP

My friend SoP,
Donot lose hope. she is current even in oct.

kubmilegaGC
09-24-2009, 10:38 PM
Kubmilegagc,

SoP

anytime SoP. I had been in that situation so I understand..I believe the order is the other way round though...
--->Under Review and pending - any # of reasons - we all know those - Visa # NOT allocated/ordered
--> Case is pre-adjudicated - Visa # is ordered - will be approved when gets to the front of the line and things being current.
--> Case assigned to IO for final adjudication - visa number allocated.
--> You get CPO email

I could be wrong and I am ny no means an expert in USCIS process but something that I gathered over period of time.

experts??

seekerofpeace
09-24-2009, 10:56 PM
Kubmilegagc,
Thanks....well u raise an interesting point...

You are saying that assigned to an IO is better than Pre-Adjudicated...Well I thought the other way round...

If u see the statistics for TSC a significant no. of cases are pre-adjudicated. Don't know why she is not when our cases are together.

We need to know where does Pending and assigned to an officer stands as opposed to Pre-adj and waiting visa number,

But common sense or logic dictate that pre-adjuducation is just a step away from Adjudication.

And since Pre-adj does not need visa number availability ...I was trying hard to somehow wake them (TSC/IO) up from slumber and process her case so that come October she will just need a Visa number and chances are they will get exhausted soon...

Please Be around in the forums....

SoP

natrajs
09-25-2009, 12:28 AM

TSC-VSC-TSC-NSC
SR opened 9/8/09

Congrats and Best Wishes, Finally the wait is over , Enjoy the freedom

ruchigup
09-25-2009, 12:47 AM
Good Luck and thanks for Green :-)
Gave you Green too

I really appreciate your response (and gave you green). You know what; most universities extend all necessary support but rarely pay legal fees. In my case, I hired my attorney but they paid all fees as an exception (?). So, I have the same attorney working for me --but am not sure if my current university will pay now. Anyway, thank you so much.

MerciesOfInjustices
09-25-2009, 12:48 AM
1. Card Production Ordered - September 17th morning – Email [ Both Self and Spouse]
2. Notice Welcoming new Permanent Resident -September 17th Evening – Email [ Both Self and Spouse]
6. Approval Notice Sent - September 23rd morning (The body of the message mentions Sept 22nd,2009 as the date of Approval Notice Sent) – Email [ Both Self and Spouse]
1. Card Production Ordered - CRIS Email - September 17th, evening [ Both Self and Spouse]
2. Welcome Notice (Paper Copy) - Received at home on September 21st. Snail Mail [ Both Self & Spouse].
3. Approval Notice Sent - USCIS Email - September 22nd, evening[ Both Self and Spouse].
4. I-551s (Green Cards or Permanent Resident Cards)received - September 24th, 2009 - obviously Snail Mail [Both Self & Spouse]

Thank GOD!

Everything I read is pointing to the nightmare resolving for all of you, sooner than later! God Bless and all the Best!

ruchigup
09-25-2009, 12:50 AM
I think it is not necessary. I didn't ask for the approval notice, thinking that if they read my email they are going to charge me or if they send it, they are going to charge me again. But yesterday I received email from them with fedex tracking information.

May be more experienced gurus can comment on this.

Ruchi,

Do you think it's necessary to get the original Approval Notice from the attorney?

gc_wow
09-25-2009, 12:52 AM
Ruchi,
How come you havent got the approval yet?
USCIS is rediculous
Any way good luck.

Good Luck and thanks for Green :-)
Gave you Green too

ruchigup
09-25-2009, 01:04 AM
I got the approval (welcome) notice but that was a courtesy copy. My G-28 attorney received the original which is on its way from their office.

Ruchi,
How come you havent got the approval yet?
USCIS is rediculous
Any way good luck.

ndialani
09-25-2009, 03:47 AM
Guess what !
My wife and my SR was opened on 9/11
I received letter from CRIS ....case under review....6 months wait!
My wife's letter states to wait for 60 days!!!
I m the primary filer. My wife's been on H-4 all along.
I don't know ,what to make out of this !!!
Both cases at TSC/EB-2
I485 filed on 7/16
PD Aug'2004

vikki76
09-25-2009, 03:51 AM
Don't pay any attention to Service Request response. Just crappy random things they hand out.

sku
09-25-2009, 10:47 AM
I opened SR on 8 th Sept...My Response which was replied on 14th and I received on 23rd Sept....says case under review...
But I already got my 1-485 approved on 17th

sku
09-25-2009, 10:49 AM
6. Approval Notice Sent - September 23rd morning (The body of the message mentions Sept 22nd,2009 as the date of Approval Notice Sent) Email [ Both Self and Spouse]
7. Green Card /Permanent Resident Card -Received at Home Yesterday September 24th Snail Mail [ Both Self and Spouse]

So Basically from CPO to Physical Card One Week ( last Thursday (17th September) CPO email this Thursday(24th September) physical card)

skynet2500
09-25-2009, 12:34 PM
Guess what !
My wife and my SR was opened on 9/11
I received letter from CRIS ....case under review....6 months wait!
My wife's letter states to wait for 60 days!!!
I m the primary filer. My wife's been on H-4 all along.
I don't know ,what to make out of this !!!
Both cases at TSC/EB-2
I485 filed on 7/16
PD Aug'2004

I think the SR response is crap. I have also opended SR couple of weeks - my PD is not current thoguh. I got a response saying it is under review - wait 6 months. The IO told me to take info pass for more information as she didn't have any information. If you have time and energy, take info pass. SR is just wast of time.

cableching
09-25-2009, 01:09 PM

It is agaian a freind's freind had kind of issue. One guy did not get approval eventhough his data wase current for a long time. So, he inquired thru the Senator and they got a response saying that FBI Namecheck is pending. What had happened was FBI came to his house a number of times to tlak to him as part the Namecheck, but could not find this guy at home. As he was not married and was always late to home. SO, his case was namecheck was never cleared. After he got to know about this, he used come home early. One day two guys from FBI came to his home and inquired about the calls he had been making to Mid-East. Apparently this guys had a brother in Mid-East and was calling him regularly. He tols them that he's calling his brother and asked him few more questions and said they would do an enquiry and complete the namecheck.

After few days his namecheck was cleared and he got his GC.

May be there is some check pending on you, we never know what it is. Call FBI and ask if they have cleared your namecehck.

apb
09-25-2009, 02:46 PM
First congratulations to all who recvd GC. Glad to see so many pouring with good news.
For gurus in this forums question abt NBC.
How long does it take to get interview notice once the case is transferred to NBC and is there anything that we cld do to expedite the interview letter.
As a matter of fact I have Infopass appt today afternoon and I want to to be prepared to ask right questions.
I wld appreciate any suggestions in this direction.

kittu1991
09-25-2009, 06:39 PM
Hi All,
Finally we got the magic email of approval for me and my wife. Thanks IV for all the help in this long process. Reading through all the posting in this forum I have learned a lot about the whole process, that I was even more knowledgable than the attorney in some cases. :)
Good luck to everyone waiting.

apb
09-25-2009, 06:55 PM
Very cordial IO at infopass.
Address on my wife's file is correct. Address on my file is incorrect.
Step 1 -- Changed address

Now the question. Why the case got transferred.
He checked and said that though my wife's case got transferred to NBC, mine is still at Nebraska under LOST category.
Question what is lost category -- It means they do not have everything in order to pull and review the case.

Step 2- Sent note to NSC notifying mine and wife's case has to be tteated in same place and why my case is in under LOST category.
Will get response by end of Oct.

Btw, I told him that I recvd emails on both our 485 notifying transfer to NBC.

Next q is there anything to expedite the interview (if they are going to ask for one). He said for EB they normally won't do it. ( I am not agreeing here). But there is nothing that can be done till they get the case from LOST to "found" category.

gbof
09-25-2009, 08:01 PM
[QUOTE=ruchigup;953197]When I talked with IO upon receiving the RFE, I was told that RFE will go only to attorney if G-28 has been filed. But as a curtsy, she sent a duplicate of the RFE to me, that said COPY on the RFE letter when I received. If I had not called and talked to the IO, RFE would have gone only to attorney of record.

Ruchi,
I followed your advise and luckily got a nice IO who said will send me a copy. I just received copy of RFE and am really laughing at rfe. I can respond to rfe in next 20 minutes- but i had been worried as i changed employers twice without ac21.

MYGC2008
09-25-2009, 10:01 PM
What is the content of RFE?

[QUOTE=ruchigup;953197]When I talked with IO upon receiving the RFE, I was told that RFE will go only to attorney if G-28 has been filed. But as a curtsy, she sent a duplicate of the RFE to me, that said COPY on the RFE letter when I received. If I had not called and talked to the IO, RFE would have gone only to attorney of record.

Ruchi,
I followed your advise and luckily got a nice IO who said will send me a copy. I just received copy of RFE and am really laughing at rfe. I can respond to rfe in next 20 minutes- but i had been worried as i changed employers twice without ac21.

InTheMoment
09-25-2009, 11:21 PM
apb,

As someone with the same PD who got approved long ago, I cannot bear to see that you are still waiting. Did you try the congressional inquiry route ?

LOST category is simply ridicuous... go check with your congressperson. As you might know each Service Center has a congressional inquiry unit to look into cases such as yours.

Good luck !

He checked and said that though my wife's case got transferred to NBC, mine is still at Nebraska under LOST category.
Question what is lost category -- It means they do not have everything in order to pull and review the case.

Step 2- Sent note to NSC notifying mine and wife's case has to be tteated in same place and why my case is in under LOST category.

Next q is there anything to expedite the interview (if they are going to ask for one). He said for EB they normally won't do it. ( I am not agreeing here). But there is nothing that can be done till they get the case from LOST to "found" category.

greencard_fever
09-25-2009, 11:28 PM
What dose LOST category mean..they can not just say your file is in LOST category and get away...contact your attorney and do some thing fast to locate your file use all options(congressmen,senator)..otherwise they will never bother to work on your case...

ruchigup
09-26-2009, 02:01 AM
wow, so you are going to respond to RFE yourself. I spent big money on it.
BTW what is RFE about?

Ruchi,

gbof
09-26-2009, 09:52 AM
wow, so you are going to respond to RFE yourself. I spent big money on it.
BTW what is RFE about?

[QUOTE=gbof;968388]
I wil check with my attorney to avoid any mess uo and if the charges are minimal (couple of hundred) I will let him do it or else I have to mail just a piece of paper ( 'waiver'of 2-year residency condition' ) issued by uscis.

saro28
09-26-2009, 11:24 AM
Finally My wife's GC got approved (PD 12/2004). We are now in india using H1-B. Can we enter using visa without waiting for actual card?

thanks.

gbof
09-26-2009, 11:41 AM
Finally My wife's GC got approved (PD 12/2004). We are now in india using H1-B. Can we enter using visa without waiting for actual card?

thanks.

Good to see approvals still pouring in and uscis intending to use all 09-available numbers so that none is waisted. Those current now we get a bout of approvals in oct from 2010 fiscal ye quota. Good going thus far.

srinish2004
09-26-2009, 01:14 PM
EB2
PD 23 Nov 2004
RD 02 Jul 2007
ND 22 Aug 2007
Center TSC
FP: 08 Sep 2007 (no RFE or second FP notice)

Opened SR 04 Sep 2009

1. Card Production Ordered - September 24th evening – Email [ Both Self and Spouse]
2. Notice Welcoming new Permanent Resident -September 25th morning – Email [ Both Self and Spouse]

I never on this forum or posted but read it in last couple of days. I thought it will help others to get some idea from above info.

I pray others will get the same message who is current this month and in future.

Thank you all and Good luck.

gbof
09-26-2009, 01:42 PM
EB2
PD 23 Nov 2004
RD 02 Jul 2007
ND 22 Aug 2007
Center TSC

Opened SR 04 Sep 2009

1. Card Production Ordered - September 24th evening Email [ Both Self and Spouse]
2. Notice Welcoming new Permanent Resident -September 25th morning Email [ Both Self and Spouse]

I never on this forum or posted but read it in last couple of days. I thought it will help others to get some idea from above info.

I pray others will get the same message who is current this month and in future.

Congratulations. Why should anybody give you red fot this nice posting. I gave you green to neutralise. Enjoy your freedom.

Those current keep your spirits high. Believe me, next week in their effort to utilize all unused visas there will see many many approvals.... also they will open lid 2010 fy Q1

pasupuleti
09-28-2009, 09:40 PM
Hello,

My case was filed during july fiasco. My lawyers forgot to attach my earlier priority date from eb3 I140 to my eb2 I140. After reminding them several times, they finally they sent pd capture letter at I485 stage. It was done year ago. Now my old priority date is current, but USCIS is not looking at my file saying "waiting for visa availability". Several service requests resulted in mis match of information, sometimes they say both I140 are in the file, sometimes they give latest priority date.

My earlier eb3 pd is : feb 2004
eb2 pd is : june 2007 :(

What are my options here? How do i get uscis to honor my earlier priority date?

Thank You

fatjoe
09-29-2009, 11:52 AM
Just had an infoapss appt yesterday. Got the following info from the IO. Got the opportunity to meet with a nice gentleman.
Me : I am an EB2 filer, and my priority date is current.
IO : Checks my case on the computer and says "Yes. You just filed on the last date 08/17/2009. Your case was pre-adjudicated on Aug 28, 2009 and was reviewed on Sep 10the and with an IO now.
Q(Me): what does pre-adjudicate mean?
A(IO) : Pretty much all checks are done on the case and the case just waits for the visa number to be available.
Q(Me) : How long do you think that I should wait?
A(IO) : USCIS has stopped the visa approval since Sep26, due to end of fiscal year and to get statistics on various stuff. Resume your wait from Oct 1st.
Q(Me): Why our on-line status doesn't show the correct status. It always show Intial Review even though a case is pre-adjudicated?
A(IO): Yes, the system is not fully robust yet, so it would show only "InitiaL Review", even thought some action was taken on your case. It is always better to take the infopass appt to you know about your current status.
Q(Me) : Can you do something to expedite the visa approval?
A(IO) : No. We cannot do that. You will only have to "WAIT". This is how the visa approvals work. Whenever an IO wants to approve the case, he checks if the visa number is available. Once he gets a response from the system that a visa number is available he approves the case. So, we cannot order a visa from a local office, except for the cases that are transferred to our(local) office.
So guys, you may postpone your anxiety and a give break to your email account until Oct 1st. But I would be happy to know if there are any approvals on Sep 27-30th, to prove the info I got was worng and not to rely much on what an IO says.
So, please take an infopass (thought it costs time and money - its worth it) and tell the IO " I have filed for I-485 in Aug-2007, Its Employement based, EB2 category. My PD is current and my case is at TSC/NSC(or wherever) and beyond the stated processing time. Could you please tell me the status of my case". You would know for sure "Where you are at".
BTW: Any thoughts, as to why I am not approved yet even when I was pre-adjudicated and my case was looked upon on Sep-10th? Much worried...

seekerofpeace
09-29-2009, 12:38 PM
Fatjoe,
My wife is in similar situation. Her case is with an IO since Aug 27th 2009. It is not preadjudicated but all background checks et al are clear...not sure why not pread. I was told if dates are current you can get approved even without Preadjudication. My infopass was not very useful but POJ to TSC was useful.

why not approved well I was approved on Sept 3rd. My wife's case must have been with the same IO. When i asked that question...I was told the priority of USCIS is to approve prinicipal applicants...which is another bull crap...since most of my friends are approved with their whole family children included...so I guess it is the discretion of the IO.

July /Aug.Sept are vacation time if your and my IO are on vacation then even god can't save us. If he is on vacation for the 1st week of October...by the time when visas for that month are exhausted he will come back and be of no use to us...

Hope that helps,

SoP

caliguy
09-29-2009, 03:09 PM
@ fatjoe

Thanks for the information.

My case was pre-adjudicated in March 2009. I dont know if my case is with an IO or not. I have an Infopass appointment on Friday.

I saw a LUD update on my case on 09/24 and then another one on 09/25. Not sure if anyone looked at my case or what exactly happened.

Lets hope October brings us better luck!!

vikki76
09-29-2009, 03:38 PM
I had infopass appt yesterday about different A#. I wanted to find out if two different A# were consolidated, IO said yes. He said that case was preadjudicated but waiting for visa number.
Let's see what october brings. There is no LUD on my case since I filed it last in 2007.

seekerofpeace
09-29-2009, 04:32 PM
Caliguy, Vikki
Having soft LUDs this late should be good news...u may get green come Oct 1st. Also both of u are pre-adjudicated.

My local congressman's office following my wife's pending case...sent me an email today telling that her case got separated from the prinicipal applicant during adjudication. I was approved on Sept 3rd....last LUD on her case was on Aug 27th 2009, and that was when I filed an AR-11 for her.

At the infopass and also at the CSR thu POJ for TSC we were told that her case is not preadjudicated but with an IO as on Aug 27th...is it a coincidence with her Ar-11 application or some bull crap from TSC.

I have no idea how a dependent can get approved if her file is separated from the primary afterall all I-140 and other info was with my file (presumably)...

Don't know what else to do now? Loosing out on options now...exhausted most of them ...except WOM....which is kind of a stretch...

SoP

apb
09-29-2009, 04:37 PM
Yes I did call up the congressman office. They sent an inquiry today.
Today I got an update on my case as below

Initial Review

The I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS was transferred and is now being processed at a USCIS office. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

Not sure whether this means they "found" my case or what.

caliguy
09-29-2009, 06:01 PM
@ SOP

Hang in there! Yes, I feel the same. I have exhausted all options. Last week I sent a mail to CIS Ombudsman telling them about the problem with my case. What does it take to file a WOM?

I dont know what else I can do to have them look at my case. Online status on my case is 2 year old (from September 2007). It was good to see LUD change on it but that doesnt tell me anything.

Please update here if you become green :) in the first week of October.

Caliguy, Vikki
Having soft LUDs this late should be good news...u may get green come Oct 1st. Also both of u are pre-adjudicated.

My local congressman's office following my wife's pending case...sent me an email today telling that her case got separated from the prinicipal applicant during adjudication. I was approved on Sept 3rd....last LUD on her case was on Aug 27th 2009, and that was when I filed an AR-11 for her.

At the infopass and also at the CSR thu POJ for TSC we were told that her case is not preadjudicated but with an IO as on Aug 27th...is it a coincidence with her Ar-11 application or some bull crap from TSC.

I have no idea how a dependent can get approved if her file is separated from the primary afterall all I-140 and other info was with my file (presumably)...

Don't know what else to do now? Loosing out on options now...exhausted most of them ...except WOM....which is kind of a stretch...

SoP

vikki76
09-29-2009, 07:45 PM
caliguy- Did you 140 had LUD after 2007?
I am +ve your case will get approved within first week of October after ur LUD's but not so sure about my case. Only thing I know so far is that is pre-adjudicated but that doesn't say anything.
I will try InfoPass next week again.

seekerofpeace
09-29-2009, 07:49 PM
Sure I will Caliguy.

I had talked to a TSC CSR in the evening and mentioned our cases being separated. He said it is common and can happen if Biometrics is an issue. I don't think he knows much...he was telling that the reason my wife is pending is bcoz of Biometrics not uploaded...I asked then how come I am approved...he said well that's true you shouldn't be..sometimes they make a mistake....I said if cases can be rejoined...how will my info be available in her file..he said cases that get separated get delayed so hold tight..keep on issuing APs and EADs...utter nonsense....

One thing that pisses me off is the talk about wait for 30 days or 45 days or 6 months...I told him all that matters is if she gets adjudicated in the first week of October as visa numbers are not going to last long......

SoP

caliguy
09-29-2009, 08:17 PM
Both my 140s (I have one for EB2 and one for EB3) had LUD on 09/24 and 09/25. Also, my first EAD/AP also have LUDs on 09/24 and 09/25. Second and third set of AP/EADs do not have a LUD. Damn, my portfolio has almost 15 cases in it, it takes me a while to figure out which one is what :(

Thanks for giving me some hopes. I sincerely hope everyone who is current gets their GC in October (sooner the better).

Please do whatever you can. Come mid October, if dates for EB2 retrogress, we might not have enough time.

caliguy- Did you 140 had LUD after 2007?
I am +ve your case will get approved within first week of October after ur LUD's but not so sure about my case. Only thing I know so far is that is pre-adjudicated but that doesn't say anything.
I will try InfoPass next week again.

gc_wow
09-29-2009, 08:30 PM
By any chance did any body got approvals today? It looks like visa numbers might have finished.

caliguy
09-29-2009, 08:31 PM
@ SOP

I wish there was a method to madness in the way USCIS does things. Please keep following up, be persistent.

I am not leaving any stone unturned. I am going to check with an attorney if I have a case for filing WOM also.

A couple of CSRs, I talked to, they told me that they send me the GC back in September 2007. Case status online shows 'A document was mailed to you in September 2007....' and status online shows that it generally means green card was issued.

I have a feeling that is why they are not looking at my file, because they think that they already gave me the GC back in 2007. What are the chances that an IO mistakingly set the wrong status on my case in 2007.....I hope not :)

vikki76
09-29-2009, 11:37 PM
very weird caliguy, I had got the same response from one of the IO - that your 485 shows pending but a card was mailed out to you. She was very surprised that there were no activities on my case since 2007.
Of course, I got my FP notice and EAD cards since then.

seekerofpeace
09-30-2009, 12:24 AM
I think they are confusing between EAD card and Green Card :)

SoP

gc_wow
09-30-2009, 12:26 PM
Today is the last day for USCIS financial year, it looks like they might have already exhausted visa numbers. No approvals yesterday.

rb_248
09-30-2009, 01:25 PM
Today is the last day for USCIS financial year, it looks like they might have already exhausted visa numbers. No approvals yesterday.

On page 63 a poster mentioned that all the visa numbers for this fiscal year have been used up. None available from 9-26 onwards. New month and new year from tomorrow and I wish all that are waiting be approved soon.

akhisgcwait
09-30-2009, 03:27 PM
My priority date is Jan 20th, 2005 and becomes current as of Oct 1st. My I-140 is approved. I see that quite a few have called USCIS and opened an SR or setup a InfoPass appointment. Should I be doing the same to help push things along or is it just to get status?

kubmilegaGC
09-30-2009, 05:46 PM
Both my 140s (I have one for EB2 and one for EB3) had LUD on 09/24 and 09/25. Also, my first EAD/AP also have LUDs on 09/24 and 09/25. Second and third set of AP/EADs do not have a LUD. Damn, my portfolio has almost 15 cases in it, it takes me a while to figure out which one is what :(

Thanks for giving me some hopes. I sincerely hope everyone who is current gets their GC in October (sooner the better).

Please do whatever you can. Come mid October, if dates for EB2 retrogress, we might not have enough time.

GREAT update @cali...I got similar LUDS last year right before the numbers became un-available (9/30/2008)...Now getting those SLUDs and number being current in OCT is a good news for you.

Expect the much awaited email and much awaited relief in coming days...I am sure all of you "2004 still waiting.... guys/gals" - you are going GET GREEN soon..:D October is almost here..ALL OF YOU DID FANTASTIC JOB SO FAR - SO DONT LOOSE HOPES AND DONT GET FRUSTRATED - there is no point trying to figure out USCIS way of dealing things. You all are doing GREAT.

Let roll the drums - let the final countdown begin. Can't wait to get thos happy emails rolling here again. WISHING YOU ALL 2004 -Jan 2005ers MY VERY BEST! GOOD LUCK.

Thanks,

vikki76
09-30-2009, 05:59 PM
Just now called NSC using POJ method. Got very IO at the other end. She was able to confirm both my 140's and said that one with earlier date will get picked up, which is now current (nov 2004) and that file is now with a immigration officer under review.
I don't think I can ask anything else at this stage as it seems like everything is fine with application.
In my previous InfoPass appointment, I got information that A# (from 140 and 485) have been consolidated but I forgot to ask about Priority date.
Let's see what next week brings.

fatjoe
09-30-2009, 06:04 PM

Hi gc_wow: Pls read my post on pg 63 of this thread. I had an infopass on Sep 26, where the IO said that uscis has frozen the GC approval in order to collect some statistics for the end of fiscal year data. So, the visa numbers are not over yet. He also said that GC approvals will resume from Oct 1st onwards.

caliguy
09-30-2009, 06:16 PM
@ kubmilegaGC

Thans for being around for us. Last 2-3 weeks have been extremely tough but like you said, there is not much we can do except for doing things that are in our hands.

I am sincerely hoping that October brings better luck for all those who are/will be curent in Octobber bulletin. We got to keep the faith!!

fatjoe
09-30-2009, 06:18 PM
Hi SoP:
Be happy that atleast your case got approved unlike the rest of us where even the primary applicant is not approved. No, I am not saying that you should not worry, but I don't think that getting GC for the derivative of yours is going to be too difficult when yours was approved.
As in case with POJ, give it one more try with inforpass and ask them if they can send any request to uscis to approve your wife's case, as you the primary applicant was approved. Did you ever try asking the IOs at local uscis to send a request, as you were already approved? Also, I guess that Senator/Congressman might be able to help you, as you are already approved.
So, I don't that you would have to worry much.

Fatjoe,
My wife is in similar situation. Her case is with an IO since Aug 27th 2009. It is not preadjudicated but all background checks et al are clear...not sure why not pread. I was told if dates are current you can get approved even without Preadjudication. My infopass was not very useful but POJ to TSC was useful.

why not approved well I was approved on Sept 3rd. My wife's case must have been with the same IO. When i asked that question...I was told the priority of USCIS is to approve prinicipal applicants...which is another bull crap...since most of my friends are approved with their whole family children included...so I guess it is the discretion of the IO.

July /Aug.Sept are vacation time if your and my IO are on vacation then even god can't save us. If he is on vacation for the 1st week of October...by the time when visas for that month are exhausted he will come back and be of no use to us...

Hope that helps,

SoP

kubmilegaGC
09-30-2009, 06:24 PM
This was my MOST favorite thread....I have to admit. I followed it faithfully since Sept 1watched at it like 100 (i am joking really 10000) times a day..even stared at it as if it is going to do some magic and give me a good news...met folks in similar situations - got happy when someone got green, gave me hopes and there is GOD - felt bad that I was the one who was getting behind..but then others in similar situation came along and helped me to pull myself up...It gave me hope, good info, got tips and just made my life easy when I was CURRENT.

Just cant imagine how small things make you happy in life....or you feel grateful about..I am grateful to this online community.

I guess, someone will start "October 2009 approvals" from tomorrow and this thread will rest in peace....but from all of us who got info on this wonderful forum lets say Goodbye to one good month and lets hope equally good month awaits for folks who deserve it!

rushing into October - USCIS willing!:D

seekerofpeace
09-30-2009, 10:43 PM
Fatjoe, Caliguy,
I agree I am slightly better off....don't know for how long though....as both the congressman's office and the POJ @ TSC mentioned that if derivatives get separated from primary it will delay the derivative's approval. We have in this forum a derivative who got approved after more than a year after the primary.....9 out of 10 cases get approved for the entire family.

Yes I am after the congressman's office for info but they can't be of much help they just provide info.....No I am not very hopeful for the week ahead as her case is not yet preadjudicated and also bcoz there has been no LUDs in near past....

Let's see....what happens....

SoP

fatjoe
10-01-2009, 12:22 AM
You won't see a soft LUD even if the case is pre-adjudicated. A case may be pre-adjudicated on one fine day even though it does not have LUDs for a couple of years.

[OTE=seekerofpeace;1001634]Fatjoe, Caliguy,
I agree I am slightly better off....don't know for how long though....as both the congressman's office and the POJ @ TSC mentioned that if derivatives get separated from primary it will delay the derivative's approval. We have in this forum a derivative who got approved after more than a year after the primary.....9 out of 10 cases get approved for the entire family.

Yes I am after the congressman's office for info but they can't be of much help they just provide info.....No I am not very hopeful for the week ahead as her case is not yet preadjudicated and also bcoz there has been no LUDs in near past....

Let's see....what happens....

SoP[/QUOTE]

serukull
10-01-2009, 07:52 AM
My GC is approved. I am very very thankful to all iv members who had been a great help through all these days of waiting.

srinish2004
10-05-2009, 10:30 AM
I got my physical card yesterday, but A# on cards are not machting the A# on EADs for both of us. Is it normal or a mistake?

EB2
PD 23 Nov 2004
RD 02 Jul 2007
ND 22 Aug 2007
Center TSC

Opened SR 04 Sep 2009

1. Card Production Ordered - September 24th evening Email [ Both Self and Spouse]
2. Notice Welcoming new Permanent Resident -September 25th morning Email [ Both Self and Spouse]

jsb
10-05-2009, 01:40 PM
I got my physical card yesterday, but A# on cards are not machting the A# on EADs for both of us. Is it normal or a mistake?
EAD is of no value now. Therefore, why should you worry. You have your GC's. Whatever A# is on it, that is your A# for all future matters.

Best....

sdrblr
10-05-2009, 01:44 PM
It will match your A# on the 485 receipt

vikki76
11-16-2009, 08:35 PM
All members who got approved in September 2009 (and before too) ,please see this call to action posted by IV:

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=268420