PDA

View Full Version : Immigration Forum in WI- I need help from IV Core

engineer
06-11-2007, 05:48 PM
Core,

During meeting with Congressman Keith Ellison in WI, he mentioned that we should hold an Immigration Forum where elected officials can come and hear our issues.

We wrote letter to few organizations here who are reviewing the request and most probably will hold an Immigration Forum.

I need help from IV Core:
1. Analysis of Bill with details about provisions which impact us (legal, highly skilled Immigrants).
2. List of Amendments which we want them to support.

Note, as forum would be broad so need to ensure provsions for following are listed as well:
1. Doctors, Nurses, students, H1b, Green Card etc.

Locally we are thinking of inviting senators/ congressman/woman, heads of students association and doctors association.
If someone has contact in Indian and Chinese association for students and doctors in WI/ IL, please let me know asap.

Other members: Please hold similar forums in your districts.

Please let me know asap.

gsc999
06-11-2007, 05:55 PM
Core,

During meeting with Congressman xxxx

1. Analysis of Bill with details about provisions which impact us (legal, highly skilled Immigrants).

Please let me know asap.
---
Please send private message to IV core if you need their guidance. I am sure you didn't intend to broadcast names of House members and Senators you meet. This undermines our cause by alerting our opposition. It would be great if you can modify your message.

onemorecame
06-11-2007, 06:03 PM
Core,

During meeting with Congressman Keith Ellison in WI, he mentioned that we should hold an Immigration Forum where elected officials can come and here our issues.

We wrote letter to few organizations here who are reviewing the request and most probably will hold an Immigration Forum.

Note, as forum would be broad so need to ensure provsions for following are listed as well:
1. Doctors, Nurses, students, H1b, Green Card etc.

Locally I am thinking of inviting pro-immigrant senators/ congressman/woman, heads of students association and doctors association.
If someone has contact in Indian association for students and doctors in WI/ IL, please let me know asap.

Please let me know asap.

I too met with Senator in WI, I have some contacts in Indian association, give me your contact detail I would happy to work with you or jointly we can make a diff.

engineer
06-11-2007, 06:31 PM
---
Please send private message to IV core if you need their guidance. I am sure you didn't intend to broadcast names of House members and Senators you meet. This undermines our cause by alerting our opposition. It would be great if you can modify your message.

Thanks for pointing it out. Message should be changed now.