PDA

View Full Version : Are there any ACTION ITEMS?

jonty_11
06-12-2007, 11:45 AM
After CIR died there has been a lull in this forum. Whats doing on...are there any action items from IV, or what shuld be guys be doing until Bush brings theimmigration Bill back next month.

ItIsNotFunny
06-12-2007, 11:52 AM
After CIR died there has been a lull in this forum. Whats doing on...are there any action items from IV, or what shuld be guys be doing until Bush brings theimmigration Bill back next month.

I guess we still need to keep calling senators. We need to keep educating them about our issues and concerns. That always helps.

vban2007
06-12-2007, 11:59 AM
I agree with you... We need some direction... Where is CORE team?

gsc999
06-12-2007, 03:04 PM
---
America loves sequels. This lull might be a good time to catch up on some of the horror movies to get some insight into how to finally slay the monster for "good."

I suggest old classics like Evil Dead, Poltergeist, Friday the 13th and Nightmare on Elm Street. There is a new one Hostel II, just came out this Friday. I also heard you can now watch movies from Netflix directly on your PCs. What is stopping you?

On a lighter note, in one of the posts, the core members had advised us to wait and watch.

vban2007
06-12-2007, 06:12 PM
Where is CORE Team... Any updates

english_august
06-12-2007, 10:33 PM
This is the simplest, yet most effective thing that all of us can do! Tell our story - to Senators, to media, in the blogosphere.

Create a Google news alert of Immigration stories in US media (Immigration location:usa) and send emails to the journalists who wrote those stories - it is easy to get their contact information. It is much more effective than sending blanket emails to every journalist. Moreover, journalists are always interest in listening to feedback on their articles and they are much more liable to pay attention to your story or your point of view if it is put in context of their own article.
Send emails to the Senators and ask them how and why they agreed to the number 90,000 to reduce legal immigration backlogs as compared to 20% per year for illegal immigrants
Create your own blog, write on other immigration blogs - create a sense of active participationBottomline? "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world. Indeed it's the only thing that ever has." Margaret Mead