PDA

View Full Version : Can I file 485 on my own?

sumanitha
06-14-2007, 08:45 AM
Gurus...

Can I file 485 on my own. My 140 is approved.

If so, what is the procedure.

Thanks

satyasaich
06-14-2007, 09:16 AM
I'm also seriously planning to file on my own. Well, there is no law that stops us, but certainly needs some tips from experienced people.
Infact as per the checklist, i have all the documents except a letter from employer. That i can get anytime. my big question is are there any other documents that need to be put together (which are not in checklist)

Any help seniors????

Gurus...

Can I file 485 on my own. My 140 is approved.

If so, what is the procedure.

Thanks

indianabacklog
06-14-2007, 10:43 AM
I'm also seriously planning to file on my own. Well, there is no law that stops us, but certainly needs some tips from experienced people.
Infact as per the checklist, i have all the documents except a letter from employer. That i can get anytime. my big question is are there any other documents that need to be put together (which are not in checklist)

Any help seniors????

It is absolutely feasible to do this on your own. After all you are well educated by definition of your H1B visa. The only thing you need from your employer is the letter of employment and you will need a public notary to notarize the affidavit of support.

The rest you can put together yourself. Just filed for my husband and myself at the beginning of May, fingerprints done on June 4th. Going well so far.

anai
06-14-2007, 10:46 AM
It is absolutely feasible to do this on your own. After all you are well educated by definition of your H1B visa. The only thing you need from your employer is the letter of employment and you will need a public notary to notarize the affidavit of support.

The rest you can put together yourself. Just filed for my husband and myself at the beginning of May, fingerprints done on June 4th. Going well so far.

We would still need the I-140 application copy (if pending) or approval notice, right? Pl let me know.