PDA

View Full Version : Copy of passport page with nonimmigrant visa?

sb724
06-16-2007, 12:47 PM
Hi,

485 instructions syas that submit copy of passport page with ninimmigrant visa. I read in forums that we need to submit color copy of all pages from passport.

Is this true? Did anybody submitted only visa page from passport in non color?

reddysn
06-16-2007, 01:04 PM
My lawyer asked this

Copy of visa you used to last enter the US
Copy of biographic data page of passport

He did not mention color copy. I dont think color copy is necessary

Hi,

485 instructions syas that submit copy of passport page with ninimmigrant visa. I read in forums that we need to submit color copy of all pages from passport.

amsgc
06-16-2007, 01:38 PM
Hi,

The other day I went to FedEx-Kinkos get a color copy of my passport and visa done. I was having some trouble with the machine and had to speak to the attendent. She said that they are not allowed to make color copies of govt. documents, even degrees!

She really didn't know why, but said something about forgery.

So I sent black and white copies of my passport for I-140 and it turned out fine. My only concern was that sometimes the b&w copy does not show the pic properly.

factoryman
06-16-2007, 01:45 PM
who is dealing with filing of GC since day one (in Oct 2001).

She only asked copies of ALL pages of all passports. I sent black and white from my office copier. She accepted it and filed on Jun 8th.

Hi,

amsgc
06-16-2007, 01:46 PM
who is dealing with filing of GC since day one (in Oct 2001).

She only asked copies of ALL pages of all passports. I sent black and white from my office copier. She accepted it and filed on Jun 8th.

Hi Factory man,

Thanks for your response - I am looking to talk to a lawyer. If you are happy with your law firm, could you please pm the name?

Thanks,

Ams

bigboy007
06-17-2007, 05:30 AM
if pic is the issue make lite Black white copies on color machine they came very clear to me. this might help . Actually law prohibits color copies of IDs not degrees may be that might vary from state to state?

bigboy007
06-17-2007, 05:31 AM
Also guys what should one report on 485 for Non immigrant visa number for ppl who came on H4 and later converted to h1? They have a visa for H4 not H1 right ?

sb724
06-17-2007, 11:22 AM
Thanks to all for your inputs, I also came to know that can not take color copy to gov. documents, that is law. I am submitting non color copy.

But I know some people submitted color copies with AOS according to their attorney advises.