PDA

View Full Version : Can july VB cutoff date move backwards ?

prdgl
06-16-2007, 10:32 PM
NOw that all the category has been made current.

But will the next VB make the date to move backwards and make someone getting their LC approved in july to wait for a long time ????

looking for some replies....

Thanks

wizard20740
06-16-2007, 10:40 PM
Move backwards? You mean immediately.

VISA bulletins are released every month by BCIS and the next one will be released in 2nd week of July and will be applicable for the month of Aug 2007.

So the current bulletin should be valid till July 31st. It wont move "backwards" atleast till this date.

Anything may happen after this date. But based on BCIS predictions in the July07 bulletin, the current status may last till Aug 31st.

akred
06-16-2007, 11:38 PM
I got this from www.immigration-law.com (http://www.immigration-law.com). Looks like the dates in the bulletin aren't guaranteed to stay current for the entire month.

06/16/2007: Unskilled Worker EB Category Visa Exhausted Even in June 2007

This is a truly bizzare news. AILA has reported that State Department had advised the the USCIS that the EB-3 Other Worker category had been exhausted., and based on this advice, thedUSCIS HQ has informed the Texas Service Center and the Nebraska Service Center to reject EB-3 Other Worker I-485 applications even though the June Visa Bulletin shows visa availability. It is indeed a double blow news to the Unskilled Worker community. AILA is looking into legality of this action.

boston_gc
06-16-2007, 11:42 PM
Look at the post again - it says EB-3 Other Worker. You shouldn't be worried about EB3 category.

I got this from www.immigration-law.com (http://www.immigration-law.com). Looks like the dates in the bulletin aren't guaranteed to stay current for the entire month.

06/16/2007: Unskilled Worker EB Category Visa Exhausted Even in June 2007

This is a truly bizzare news. AILA has reported that State Department had advised the the USCIS that the EB-3 Other Worker category had been exhausted., and based on this advice, thedUSCIS HQ has informed the Texas Service Center and the Nebraska Service Center to reject EB-3 Other Worker I-485 applications even though the June Visa Bulletin shows visa availability. It is indeed a double blow news to the Unskilled Worker community. AILA is looking into legality of this action.

akred
06-16-2007, 11:45 PM
Look at the post again - it says EB-3 Other Worker. You shouldn't be worried about EB3 category.

I realize that. However its the operational procedure that counts. If they are able to do this for EB-3 OW, then nothing stops them from using the same operating procedure for the other categories.