PDA

View Full Version : EB3 Suffers-what about our FOIA request

rajuram
09-10-2009, 12:36 AM
What is going on with our FOIA request. Lot of us contributed to this effort. If we know the real numbers then we can question the visa bulletin.

kc_p21
09-10-2009, 12:41 AM
I don't know what's the status. I had donated for FOIA but now I don't have access to donor forum.

sareesh
09-10-2009, 12:58 AM
I contributed too.
Where r the numbers?
Tx?
SG

gc28262
09-10-2009, 01:03 AM
IV hasn't received it yet.

rajuram
09-10-2009, 01:30 AM
I think most members have become disinterested because past effort have not produced any results.

One thing is clear just lecturing members to go meet up with the lawmakers is NOT working. IV needs to come up with some fresh ideas, I mean we all need to come up with new ideas.

I don't know what's the status. I had donated for FOIA but now I don't have access to donor forum.

sareesh
09-10-2009, 02:12 AM
Did IV already requested and waiting for numbers?
we really need those numbers instead of guessing 5,10,15 ...years.
Atleast we will know whether to
1) take appropriate action.
2) pack bags and go home
3) Keep ranting here
4) do nothing and keep waiting

TX,
SG.

rajuram
09-10-2009, 10:47 AM
Only if we have data we will be talk effectively with the lawmakers. We need this asap.

We all need to write to USCIS and build some momentum...

bobbydalal
09-10-2009, 11:37 AM
Guys we got to really take this up cauz we all are suffering. Y we got to wait for such a longtime to get our green card. I have a friend who had got his green card 2.5 yrs ago and his pd was oct2003. So how can they keep going back. This is bs. We got to make noise to get our green card done.

Cheran
09-10-2009, 11:49 AM
Guys we got to really take this up cauz we all are suffering. Y we got to wait for such a longtime to get our green card. I have a friend who had got his green card 2.5 yrs ago and his pd was oct2003. So how can they keep going back. This is bs. We got to make noise to get our green card done.

"Equality for all" should be our slogan (EB3 I). I don't want to compare EB2 vs EB3, it is what it is. So there is nothing we can do. But here is my concern,

1) 5 years ago a guy typically got his Green Card in a year or so. Now we have to wait 10 years or more.
2) Tomorrow, if not now may be 5 years from now, they will pass a law which will make everyone current, which might be good for new immigrant, but what would I, a guy who waited for 10 years will do?

So US says that the country sees everyone the same, be it race or religion, so what's different here? That should be our question to INS. we should, accept that quota based on country is OK, accept that quota based on EB3/EB2/EB1 isOK but let's question why the difference in the same category, why they make people go through pain for something they screwed up. I am sure, a case in the highest court won't take the INS side. B

bobbydalal
09-10-2009, 11:56 AM
Hey i agree completely withu . I had one question i have an old labor approved under Eb2 category but my i140 was rejected cauz the compnay made a loss in the year of filing the labor. Can i still use that labor for EB2 category for a different company which has shown profit. Or i cant.
Advise

gc_on_demand
09-10-2009, 11:58 AM
If recession remains same as of today and slower labor approvals for Eb2 then Eb2 will be C with in year and then all quota will fall to Eb3 .. Which will speed up Eb3 India.

if USCIS has 180k app in backlog and 140k out of that is for india and if India gets 30k in spill for next 3 years then backlog will be cleared in 3 years and new people will be very less because of economy so in next 2 years after those 3 years all dates should be C or close to C..

backlog will happen again after that though..

rdehar
09-10-2009, 11:58 AM
I have a friend who had got his green card 2.5 yrs ago and his pd was oct2003.

I know a few EB3-I folks with PD in 2004 who got their GC in July-2007 when dates were current.

How can they go back this far !!

ivgclive
09-10-2009, 12:20 PM
If recession remains same as of today and slower labor approvals for Eb2 then Eb2 will be C with in year and then all quota will fall to Eb3 .. Which will speed up Eb3 India.

if USCIS has 180k app in backlog and 140k out of that is for india and if India gets 30k in spill for next 3 years then backlog will be cleared in 3 years and new people will be very less because of economy so in next 2 years after those 3 years all dates should be C or close to C..

backlog will happen again after that though..

Good thinking. But USCIS is not approving all 30K for India. They approve only about 5K for the whole YEAR.

So it still takes 18 Years to clear the back log.

sanju_dba
09-10-2009, 12:50 PM
CPR for EB3 Please!

kartikiran
09-10-2009, 12:53 PM
CPR for EB3 Please!

make it as CPR for EB3-India please..wud dat be 5 words? :p

trueguy
09-10-2009, 01:01 PM
Guys, we have to do something.

Don't rely on IV to do anything for EB3-I. Most of IV core are EB2 and they are already benefited by this spillover changes.

sanju_dba
09-10-2009, 01:03 PM

Don't rely on IV to do anything for EB3-I. Most of IV core are EB2 and they are already benefited by this spillover changes.

would that be IVEB3.org ? :confused:

amitjoey
09-10-2009, 02:51 PM

That is not true- there are some with EB3's. Pappu is Eb3 I believe, besides IV stands for everybody.
The question is how many of us have met our lawmakers?. How many of us contribute? Just rumbling on IVs website will not get us anywhere.

frostrated
09-10-2009, 03:22 PM
What we are ramblimg here about does not fall on the ears of those that are in power.
We have met the congressmen and senators. But to no avail. They act like they care, but in reality, they are more interested in the positions they hold, rather than help us out. They will enact laws that will get them votes, not laws that help those that cannot yet vote.

So, how about each of us sending a letter to the white house, every day for a week. The whole exercise will cost less than $10 for us. But the volume of mail received at the White House might make our voices heard. At least, it might get us some interim benefit.
I suggest that the IV core come out with a draft letter, that all of us can print out with our names on it, and mail them. I know it is not going to get to the President, but at least his deputies might whisper a word in his ear about the volume, and he might want to read one of those letters.
Just my two cents.

sanju_dba
09-10-2009, 06:26 PM
What we are ramblimg here about does not fall on the ears of those that are in power.
We have met the congressmen and senators. But to no avail. They act like they care, but in reality, they are more interested in the positions they hold, rather than help us out. They will enact laws that will get them votes, not laws that help those that cannot yet vote.

So, how about each of us sending a letter to the white house, every day for a week. The whole exercise will cost less than $10 for us. But the volume of mail received at the White House might make our voices heard. At least, it might get us some interim benefit.
I suggest that the IV core come out with a draft letter, that all of us can print out with our names on it, and mail them. I know it is not going to get to the President, but at least his deputies might whisper a word in his ear about the volume, and he might want to read one of those letters.
Just my two cents.

I agree!
Awaiting for a draft letter.

psaxena
09-10-2009, 06:58 PM
IV just planted a few seeds here and there and when the fresh fruits of ideas will hang on it, they will let you know then.

I think most members have become disinterested because past effort have not produced any results.

One thing is clear just lecturing members to go meet up with the lawmakers is NOT working. IV needs to come up with some fresh ideas, I mean we all need to come up with new ideas.

psaxena
09-10-2009, 07:03 PM
Dude,
this is the height of expectation, haven't donated or contributed in anyways and now making allegations on IV.. who are you?

How come you even dare thinking that they gonna help a thankless and useless fellow like you. "Jo apni madad nahi karta uski madad khuda bhi nahi karta"
The one who doesn't help himself, even god doesn't help him.

So help yourself by donating or contributing or just get the heck out of here.

Caliber
09-10-2009, 07:05 PM
Can 245 cases be counted against country quota? If so, my PD will be current only in 2020. Yes ONLY in 2020 as there were more than 45,000 cases that were filed aganist 245. Multiply 45K with family members.

rajuram
09-11-2009, 01:07 AM
what happened to our FOIA request, remember we all paid for it????

poorslumdog
09-11-2009, 01:14 AM
what happened to our FOIA request, remember we all paid for it????

Did you donate for that...you name is not in the list...?

rajuram
09-11-2009, 10:56 AM
Did you donate for that...you name is not in the list...?

Yes I did pay for it. Even got a letter from USCIS 2 weeks ago saying that details will be provided to immigration voice.

When will this happen is the question, and is anyone actively working on getting this info from USCIS??

EB3 folks deperately need this data to make decisions about their future...

monktrusts
09-11-2009, 11:25 AM
Hi

Could someone give me a brief idea about what is the information requested and how would it help us?

OR point me to relevant thread

Rgds
Shobhit K

gc28262
09-11-2009, 11:50 AM
Yes I did pay for it. Even got a letter from USCIS 2 weeks ago saying that details will be provided to immigration voice.

When will this happen is the question, and is anyone actively working on getting this info from USCIS??

EB3 folks deperately need this data to make decisions about their future...

IV is following it up. Once they get the data they will inform us.