PDA

View Full Version : How to SAVE pdf Forms

vban2007
06-22-2007, 12:12 PM
Please help...

It is not possible to save any information on PDF forms if need to correct anything later..

Any idea how to save data on all the forms...

Munna Bhai
06-22-2007, 12:14 PM
Please help...

It is not possible to save any information on PDF forms if need to correct anything later..

you need pdf writer, use demo.

makemygc
06-22-2007, 12:14 PM
Please help...

No..I tried all options..even hacking pdf security, print-to-file etc.;) . I left those pdfs open in my laptop and I never close my home laptop.

makemygc
06-22-2007, 12:16 PM
you need pdf writer, use demo.

I don't think it's anything to do with pdf writer. If he is asking about forms like I-485, G-325 A etc..those have pdf security enable and wont allow you to save it. Whereas if you try I-693 form (for medical), that will allow you to save the form even if you do not have pdf writer.

vaishnavilakshmi
06-22-2007, 12:16 PM
Hi,

U can save the pdf files as u save ur word docs or floppy symbol to the left side on the top bar as u know .But cannot edit the pdf files unless and until u have pdf writer in ur system.

Hope this helps u,
vaishu

jgh_res
06-22-2007, 12:22 PM
Download trial version of Adobe Acrobat professional and you can very well save it.

Please help...

makemygc
06-22-2007, 12:25 PM
Hi,

U can save the pdf files as u save ur word docs or floppy symbol to the left side on the top bar as u know .But cannot edit the pdf files unless and until u have pdf writer in ur system.

Hope this helps u,
vaishu

I guess original poster is asking about saving forms after filling it up. You can save the form but the data that you filled up will not be saved. If someone is actually able to save the form along with the data, I'll be interested too to know how.

makemygc
06-22-2007, 12:26 PM
Download trial version of Adobe Acrobat professional and you can very well save it.

Along with the data you entered?? :confused:

jgh_res
06-22-2007, 12:27 PM
Download trial version of Adobe Acrobat professional, type in the form and save the form. Reopen it and verify whether ur data is there or not.

Before u do that on actual form, save a copy of it and do it.

All the best!!!!

I guess original poster is asking about saving forms after filling it up. You can save the form but the data that you filled up will not be saved. If someone is actually able to save the form along with the data, I'll be interested too to know how.

jgh_res
06-22-2007, 12:28 PM
What do you think? Any guesses?

Along with the data you entered?? :confused:

makemygc
06-22-2007, 12:31 PM
What do you think? Any guesses?
Ok I saw your second posting now. Hmm..I'll try
thanks

chantu
06-22-2007, 12:48 PM
Fill up the data. Take the print. Scan the print. Thats it.

jgh_res
06-22-2007, 12:54 PM
Dude. Filling up forms is not a one time job and not 100% accurate the first time. U will make changes right???

Fill up the data. Take the print. Scan the print. Thats it.

gcnirvana
06-22-2007, 01:12 PM
If you have MS Office Document Image Writer installed in your system then after editing ur PDF, you can print it to MDI and it will save it as an .mdi format. You can take a print out of it later at your convenience. Only issue is, it saves it as an image and you cannot edit an .mdi doc :o

Dude. Filling up forms is not a one time job and not 100% accurate the first time. U will make changes right???

factoryman
06-22-2007, 01:33 PM
be aware. All these PDF editing tools leave a watermark - "Draft" or "Trial Version".

They are totally useless.

Earlier trial Adobe 7.0 Professional did give edit and save. Not 8.0

Bottonline: don't waste time or by 8.0 for USD 1800 or so. Or use one who has PDF editors (Admins etc)

mheggade
06-22-2007, 01:57 PM
be aware. All these PDF editing tools leave a watermark - "Draft" or "Trial Version".

They are totally useless.

Earlier trial Adobe 7.0 Professional did give edit and save. Not 8.0

Bottonline: don't waste time or by 8.0 for USD 1800 or so. Or use one who has PDF editors (Admins etc)

Buy PDFill it will cost 20$ , It is cheapest software available for editing and saving PDF forms.